main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Colliding of Empires: A Star Wars / Perry-Rhodan-Crossover AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    While waiting for the next update I read it again.

What will the landing parties discover? The suppression of the non-humans by the Empire? Perhaps the stumble across a raid by imperial forces.

The Akons. What will they do after their arrival in the GFFA? Siding with the Empire, starting an Invasion or just searching for Rhodan?

Roi Danton and his Free Traders? He will most likely have a peacefull encounter with the rebels, using his charme on Leia and will vouch for his father.

A crazy idea: the Death Star II upgraded with Akonian technology versus Old Man.

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Wait and see.

Ouch. You got me there. Now i have to come up with something new. :)
    Remember, where Luke Skywalker is going, where Leia and Han are going and where the FreeTraders and the Empire might be going. :)

That is really a crazy idea. May i ask, what technologies you have in mind?

3. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Please don't let us wait too long.
    Have I guessed your plan, or do you mean that my idea is better?
    The Free Traders will most likely see the truth about the Empire and there will be a confrontation between them.
    Just enough PR tech to make it a worthy enemy for Old Man. Better shields (HÜ or even Paratrons), better weapons (do the Akons have transform cannons?) and transmitter tech (for reinforcement/evacuation to/from Endor).

4. JoJa

JoJa Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi,

greetings from a member of the German Atlan Club Deutschland e.V. - a club that has been in existance for more than 20 years.
    I came across your forum and the above mentioned story by chance and enjoyed it greatly! What a treat! Being a Star Wars fan of the first hour, I have already been "in love" with Perry and Atlan for more than 5 years before. Which was around 1972...

Thank you very much for publishing your story on the net and I hope you don't mind that I send part of it (the duel with Atlan) to the forum of the ACD - of course with the link to the original story and marking my snippets as that and appetizers <grin>

Thank you again for sharing and greetings from Germany, Jo

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

Wow, thank you.

I'm glad about every new fan.

May i ask, if you could give me a link to your club. I'm to lazy to search for it myself. :)

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I know, i know, there should have been an update already last week, but at the moment i'm at a dead end as far as this story is concerned.:_|

So i wrote an update for "The Tale of Darth Vader's Son", while trying to get an idea how to continue this story.

Walks slowly and innocently away.[face_whistling] [face_whistling]

7. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    Maybe you write what happended to Roi and his Ship? Or what is the stat of the Akon´s or the OldMan?[face_thinking]
    Please don´t give up! [face_praying]

Regards,
    ironduke57

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Not much progression story-wise i know, but something to light up the mood. See you.[face_peace]

The Colliding of Empires

From one moment to the other the bluewhite tunnel marking the travel at faster-than-light-velocities vanished and the familiar darkness of space only interrupted by tiny sparks of stars returned. The emissaries of the Alliance to Restore the Republic had arrived in Hutt-space.

"Welcome to the system of Nal Hutta and Nar Shadda, your highness." Han said, turning to the passenger-seat behind him and showing Princess Leia Organa a light-hearted grin. "We are right on shedule, so please check your luggage and pass-ports."

Leia, reliefed that there had been no other clashes between her and Han during the journey, smiled back and said. "Thank you, Captain, i'll make sure to recommend you."

Before Han could come up with a witty remark Chewbacca answered the Princess with an amused huff, what caused the smuggler to look questioningly at his partner. "What do you mean "praise or threat"?"

Another bark followed.

"I know she is a diplomat."

"You're highness, Chewbacca doesn't seem to held your profession in high regard." joined C-3PO the conversation, what caused the Wookiee to bark at the protocol-droid.

"What do you mean "the people she consorts with"? You and Captain Solo have become valuable members of ... ." shot the droid back, what caused Leia to put her hand in a comforting, but also restraining gesture on C-3POs shoulder.

"Easy 3PO, Chewbacca isn't talking about Han and himself, but about the people we are going to met with." she looked at the Wookiee, wondering where his loyalties were in this regard.

She had learned over time, that many people - even some of the highest ranking members of the alliance - viewed Chewbacca as the sidekick of Han Solo, a fur-covered extension of the human smuggler and not as an individual being in his own right. She knew, that Han wasn't happy about the efforts of the Alliance to come to terms with the Hutts, but what was Chewbacca - as a former slave - thinking about the negotiations she was going to undertake? And with him many of the non-human and ordinary members of the Alliance? But she also sensed, that there was more to the Wookiees - it wasn't hostility, more a cool keeping of distance towards her - and with regret she realized, that the sensitive alien had noticed the troubles between her and Han. And no matter how much she valued Chewbacca's friendship, wanted to view him as part of her extended family his loyality was to Han. Not to her, not to the Rebel-Alliance, not to the war against the empire. If she lost Han, she would lose Chewie too and Leia didn't have that many friends left.

The former Princess of Alderaan realized, that - even if the coming negotiations would be a success on the political level they might still mean desaster for her on the personal level. It was a thought, that scared her a lot, but what scared her even more was the realisation, that she was willing to make that sacrifice. There was a war going on and the only thing between the tyranny of the GalacticEmpire and absolute power over the galaxy was the Alliance. What did the personal happiness of Leia Organa matter in that context? The personal happiness of Darth Vader's daughter Leia corrected, trying to be honest with herself.

"Oh." made 3PO. To Leia it was still amazing how well the droid was able to imitate human behaviour and emotions. "I'll admit, that our past experiences with the Hutts weren't the best, but don't you think, that our chances will be better this time? Certainly not all members of the Hutt-species are like Jabba and we should have a little faith, that the members of the council know, what they are doing."

Those words from the gold-clad protocol-droid came as a surprise to the organic beings inside the cockpit of the MilleniumFalcon, especially considering the own experiences 3PO had made in Jabba's palace. Han and Chewbacca were surprised, because usually C-3PO was scared by his own shadow and often moaned about t

9. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Well, it seems that Roi Danton has reached Nar Shadda. Poor rebels, they think that this is the same ship that nearly destroyed the Alliance. I can only hope that good old Mike does the right thing and defuses the situation before Han & co flee.
    (and I hope that the next update will come much sooner...)

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  11. Overchecker

Overchecker Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    when is the next chapter comming Fteik? and pleas don't drop this story it's one of my favorite PR crossover ;)did i allready mention that i love your characterisation?

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice update. Can't believe I've missed it until now.

Negotiating with the Hutts? Isn't there a bounty on their heads after what they did to Jabba?

13. Overchecker

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope you've not dropt this Story Fteik!

14. roller

roller Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    Go Fteik!

Hope you continue. It's really good, I was literally glued to the chair until I had read it all.

You are really able to capture the feeling and even the humor of PR, and I wonder if good Fteik is actually one of the writers of the series. I can't see much difference to the original, as far as Rhodan is concerned, maybe it's a little less bombastical. But then again, I have only read the first 350 issues of so. The classic Rhodan/Atlan/Gucky exchanges are all there. And the SW characters are portrayed very well too.

I wonder where this is all going to lead to, it is really a "Colliding of Empires", there is much great stuff to come, with an Akon fleet led by Terran agents and the Terran fleet on their way to a SW galaxy that is about to explode anyway. You could make your own cycle out of that.

Empire/Ssi-Ruuk/Rebels/Solar Empire/USO/Akonides/Roi Danton. What a mixture! In there, all the favourite characters from both worlds.

Also, ein großes 'Superklasse', wenn Du erlaubst. ;)

I'll watch this thread...

15. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    GO! FTeik, GO!

Regards,
    ironduke57 ;)

16. jon891

jon891 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    Was wondering if your going to update before the new year..

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I've updated the "Tales"-story just yesterday and since this one is next in line ...

Maybe, if i'm not to busy searching for Christmas-gifts. ;)

18. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Please post your update befor x-mas.

19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I started a short story over Christmas with the intention to have it i finished at NewYear. That didn't worked as planned, but you can read the first chapter here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22758760&brd=10476

Hope you like it.

20. Omar_Hawk

Omar_Hawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey FTeik,
    hope you haven't drop this wonderfull story!

21. Overchecker

Jun 1, 2005
    FTeik when can we expect the next update? pleas don`t drop this story it´s one of my favourites, hope to read somthing about this grat story from you soon.:)

22. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated the "Pride's Prize"-short story. You can read it at:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22758760&brd=10476&start=23229348

I'm currently concentrating on that story, because for once i'd like to see one of my stories, where the end is near.

And no, none of my other mega-stories is abandoned. Just put to rest for the reason stated in the sentence above.

23. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Still waiting for an update (and thinking that this story is dead).

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    No, it is not. As already said, as soon as the by now 112KB-strong "short story" is finished i'll continue here.

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I did it. Pride's Prize is finished. You can read it here:

Pride's Prize - a SW-short-story (155KB)
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.aspx?topic=22758760

Now i will continue this story (sooner or later) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.