main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Direct Approach - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, one-post, drama, a little humor.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: The Direct Approach
    Author: ardavenport
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Story: Qui-Gon Jinn teaches the direct approach by example.
    Notes: The usual.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars and all characters from it belong to George Lucas and Lucasfilm. I'm just playing in their sandbox.

****** WELCOME TO THE LI'YOOSCHM ******
    ------ The Galaxy's most Discreet Luxury Accommodations ------

PLEASE DECLARE YOUR STATUS AND PRIVILEGE LEVEL (penalties do apply for false representation)

** Golden Circle Member
    ** Guest, Golden Circle Member (member must insert ident card)
    ** New Applicant, Golden Circle Member (please be prepared to present credentials and current Golden Circle member recommendation)
    ** Crystal Peak Member

Obi-Wan Kenobi frowned down at the list. He had only been a Jedi Padawan for a few years, but he was sure that this was not normal -- if the Li'Yooschm was such a luxurious resort why would its patrons be required to declare themselves with such a menu? Shouldn't they have a droid greeter waiting? Wasn't that what the Li'Yooschm was famous for from its advertising on the Core Worlds? Superbly programmed service in the finest accommodations in the galaxy on a secluded moon dedicated to your pleasure and restoration?

Reading down the long, glowing list on the wall, Obi-Wan wondered which option applied to them.

His eyes stopped on a very short and unexpected option near the bottom between "Promotional Prize Winner (please insert reward card here)" and "Near Relative of Employee (must have been pre-approved with relevant department head)".

*** Jedi

Obi-Wan stared at the word. It was lettered in pink with a bright orange button next to it, quite unlike the other gold, silver, blue and rainbow crystal items on the menu.

An arm came around his shoulder, the first finger of the hand extended, and pressed the orange button.

A bell rang.

Bing - bing - bing - bing - bing!

Obi-Wan looked up at his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, doubtfully.

"Should we announce ourselves like this? If Gatriv is truly in distress won't we just be alerting potential enemies to our presence?"

Qui-Gon straightened, his face irritatingly serene under the hood of his dark brown robe and folded his arms into the sleeves.

"Sometimes the direct approach is best, my young Padawan. We shall wait here."

Feeling uneasy, Obi-Wan imitated his Master's posture, tucking his hands into his own opposing sleeves.

~ ~ ~ Dee-dee-dee. DEE-DEE. Doop-dee-doop, doop-dee-doop-DOOP dee. ~ ~ ~

Relentlessly pleasant music played in the spacious, sunny anteroom of deeply pink polished marble floors and columns. This was not the usual entryway for the Li'Yooschm. The little direction that they had said that this was a 'private' and 'exclusive' entry.

The metal fixtures gleamed; the perfectly pruned and positioned plants scented the pleasantly warm air, stirred by a gentle, artificial indoor breeze.

Whoom, whoom.

A heavy bronze door, decorated with a garden scene relief, slid aside. A polished chrome and pale blue droid came out.

It was generically humanoid-shaped. Legs, arms with six digits on its hands. Sturdy torso with a data screen on its chest. Ovoid head with the narrower seated on its neck. Two round eye sensors, audio screens on the sides and a vocalizer hole under the eyes.

"Greetings fellow sentients. I am Zee-Jay-Gah-Four. We hope you will have a pleasant stay with us. And while we welcome your patronage I must inquire around your status ---"

"We are Jedi," Qui-Gon interrupted.

The droid clicked its version of surprise. It swiveled its head, eye sensors scanning back and forth between them. Unreadable text flashed on its screen before going blank again.

"Excuse me, Sirs. I must inform my superior. Please accept our hospitality while you wait."

The droid first swiveled head then body around and swiftly exited. As it went through the door another, similar droid entered. It was more silvery chrome in the body with less painted pale blue and

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Up to your usual standards of excellence, with lots of flavor.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    another of your entertaining reads. Bravo=D==D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "I can't believe they did that."

I can

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And I hope the day will come when Gatriv can see the wisdom of their actions and perhaps..say thank you for saving her butt.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Qui-Gon is, perhaps, one of the most awesome, underused characters in the PT. This was a really fun read. Well done! :D

6. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    another good short story. Love to hear more from you.
    Do you have a PM-List ?

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    love these little vigs!

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot, earlybird-obi-wan, KELIA, Commander-DWH, littleobiwankenobi, ratna:

Thanks for the replies! I do appreciate seeing them, though I am a little behind .... catching up, catching up ...... And even other Jedi can't believe what Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.