main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire Strikes Back - Wampa Attack - New Stop Motion Shots

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Joseph J. Schultz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Joseph J. Schultz

Joseph J. Schultz Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2013
    My friend Jim and I thought we would flesh out the "Wampa Attack" sequence from ESB, something we always wanted to see. It was an experiment to see what two guys could do in their own home garages and we wanted to share it with other fans. It was fun to play in ILM's sandbox!...sort of.
    Cheers, Joe Schultz

A collaboration by Filmmakers/Visual Effects Artists: Joe Schultz and Jim Davidson to create new stop motion footage and edit it into the "The Empire Strikes Back," fleshing out the "Wampa Attack" sequence and matching traditional stop motion animation techniques and esthetics used by ILM in the late 1970's, while taking advantage of digital technology available today.
    Joe Schultz (Schultzstudio) – Compositing, Visual Effects, Matte Paintings, Editing.
    (imdb.com/name/nm3939793)
    Jim Davidson (Fantamation Studio) - Stop Motion Animator, Stop Motion Puppets, & Miniature Set Construction (imdb.com/name/nm0203372

2. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    Most Impressive.

3. Today_v4

Today_v4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    that's awesome!!

4. Hectic_Pictures

Hectic_Pictures Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    That was stunning work! Please PM me if you get a chance, I might have a project you'd be interested in.

5. Joseph J. Schultz

Joseph J. Schultz Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks for the Comments and Compliments!

6. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    Great work man, although I think the shot #3A would make more sense if you mirrored the whole video, because Luke is heading West from the camera's point of view, and when he stops it is from the East. Besides that this is excellent work. Keep it up man. :)

7. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Thats an amazing job. I've always liked animation like that. :)

8. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Very cool.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, that's just awesome! Great work!