main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    Dear YobiKenobi, I like reading the few chapters that are complete and not cut off, yet I came to this story from recommendation, yet I've never read he full series from Rvolution to End of All Light. I was wondering if you would be willing to sending me all the stories complete. Thank You.

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Just a thought: Episode VII will be a failure if the main antagonist is anyone other than Darth Malig.

3. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    I'm still waiting, patiently, with every confidence that YodaKenobi will finish his eries, in due time.

4. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    I can wait patiently. I don't like it, but I can :p

5. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    So, I have this theory. From what I've been reading, it seems that SW VII has been in the works for a while now. Perhaps maybe 6 months, or even a year. Or, you know, maybe since around the time Yobi started being more erratic in his posting. It's because he is secretly writing the movies, and doesn't have the time or inclination to spoil us on how the story ends.

Right Yobi?!?

Not so much?

Can you blame me for hoping?

EDIT: Ooops, I see now that I wasn't the first to say this. Well... I still like it :p

YodaKenobi, anakin_sal-solo and Rew like this.
  6. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Imagine how epic a movie adaption of this series! It would be so epic! It could be directed by Christopher Nolan, he could hand Jacen's fall very well.

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    WHOA. I really like this theory!

It certainly explains a lot. And it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. After all, there was that Thrawn McEwok guy who started out as a fanfic writer on here and Lit poster, who then ended up co-writing one of the guide books (I think Essential Guide to the Military?). And McEwok is a friend of Yobi's, and I think Yobi got a lot of his fanfic inspiration from him, I think I remember saying at one point.

Yes, yes, I really like where this is going. And it's the only real satisfying theory as to why he's all but disappeared and abandoned his story now. [face_praying]

YodaKenobi and anakin_sal-solo like this.
  8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    No, not writing episode VII, unfortunately (call me, Disney). There was a tragedy in my family that has preoccupied me the last couple months. I haven't really had the time or inclination to log in, let alone post. And I really haven't had an opportunity to write either. Things seem to be settling down a bit now though, at least as much as they're likely to.

I promise I haven't forgotten about this story and have every intention of finishing it. The next post is where I left it, mostly done, just needs some revisions and editing (and sent off to Rew, who I owe some PMs too (sorry!)). If I can still remember how to write, I may even get it posted before Christmas. I apologize to everyone for the delay (another loooong delay) and appreciate all of the PMs and posts from people who have stuck with this thing despite my absence. You guys rock.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season... I see they still haven't fixed that truncated post thing [face_frustrated]

9. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Oh dear... all the best to you then!! Take your time... and know that whenever you return you will have an enthusiastic fanbase waiting for you right here [:D]

10. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Sorry to hear about your tragedy. Take whatever time you need, I'll be here when you start up again.

(And on a lighter note, yes, Disney should call you about Episode VII. :p )

anakin_sal-solo likes this.
  11. stormtrooptk421

stormtrooptk421 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2012
    My condolences for your tragedy. It's good to have you back, and take all the time you want. I'll still be here :)

12. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    first of all, My condolences for your tragedy. just stay strong and know that the All-Mighty tests us through blessing (giving) us as well as taking away from us.

as for the review: great chapter wes....
    luke's speech was great... i really liked the touch where the voicing of luke's own doubts made them appear to be nothing more than shadows....
    really masterful story telling as always.

cant wait for more.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

14. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Happy new year, YK! Sorry to hear about the family trouble, but I hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Happy New Year to you, YK. Given that I seemed to have missed 2012 on these boards I'm hoping 2013 will be a bit more active for me.

Sorry to hear about your family tragedy. Hoping you will be back with us soon :)

anakin_sal-solo likes this.
  16. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Just thought I'd stop by clean up the cob webs a bit. Sorry to hear about your misfortune YodaKenobi. I wonder whats going to come first Game of Thrones Season 3 or the next chapter of this highly anticipated fan fic. :p

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I vote that if Yobi doesn't update this fic before the end of 2013, he should just come right out and tell us Darth Malig's identity. :p

18. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    Does anyone know if this story is published anywhere else, with the full text? It looks great but with most of the post cut off save for the last couple entries, I am very frustrated! Help!

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Unfortunately, I think this is the only place his stories are. :(

Perhaps you can message him and he might be able to send you complete versions? I know some others have contacted him about that.

20. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    just for the sake that i never guessed darth malig's identity is it possibly sifo dyas?

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Hard to say. I guarantee the next post will come before Martin manages to publish The Winds of Winter though :p

I think people can guess his identity with about 90% certainty now. Always a possibility that it's not the obvious and that I'm messing with you guys though. The real mystery is one Malig posed himself to Luke back in Chapter 9 of Exodus. The identity itself has always been sleight of hand:

"Who are you?"

"It's not important. If I told you, it wouldn't answer any of your questions— it's not nearly as important as what I am."

*Don't read any of the above if you don't want to be slightly spoiled.

Durroness and cthugha like this.
  22. S1thari

S1thari Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 13, 2008
    Is there any possible way to view this story without all of the myriad comments and replies? This question I'm sure was probably already asked, but it's damn near impossible to locate each installment in this thread and I don't really want to go through every single reply. It's quite jarring, to be frank. I would advise that you upload this story to an Adobe reader document or something similar so readers don't have to wade through all of the constant predictions and questions and well-wishings. This story is definitely worth the time, but in my opinion you could enhance the experience by organizing each chapter into a single document (I'm assuming you probably have the whole thing saved in a MS Word document, or something of that nature). Anyway, I thank you for taking the time to do all of this -- while the prose/grammar/sentence structure may be a bit crude and difficult to follow at times, it's infinitely clear that you excel greatly at plotting out a complex, imaginative and compelling story. You definitely have the talent, so keep working at it. You show great potential and I would be interested in seeing what sort of tale you tell next - away from the failings of the NJO, something on an entirely new palette and of your own design.

23. Zoleth

Zoleth Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    Aw. I leave for a few years and by the time I come back the story I've been waiting for is here, but I can't read it. :p

I have time to wait for things to be fixed (hopefully).

YK, thank you for this series. It has been great - better than most EU books, I believe, and I know you've spent a lot of time over the years writing it. Thanks. :D

24. stormtrooptk421

Sep 13, 2012
    I just remembered this story for some reason as I logged in. Too bad I can't go back and re-read it. By the time the next update comes, I won't remember what's going on! By the way, I officially have no guesses as to the identity of Darth Malig. That must mean I'm stupid or something, because I've thought about it from every angle. The suspense is killing me! [face_nail_biting]

25. stormtrooptk421

Sep 13, 2012
    I just remembered this story for some reason as I logged in. Too bad I can't go back and re-read it. By the time the next update comes, I won't remember what's going on! By the way, I officially have no guesses as to the identity of Darth Malig. That must mean I'm stupid or something, because I've thought about it from every angle. The suspense is killing me! [face_nail_biting]