main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Master_Garm_Lliandro Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2002
    Gee thanx Frobi!

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    #2. I just finished reading NJO:Traitor, and i was wondering, do u think that theres any way in which the raw force changes the way that the dark side works (i know that theres a verson of vergere, where she gains no dark side points because she is knowledgeable about the raw force) does anyone have any idea on how this might affect the force stats in the game?

No, No, No!!!!
    Check out this thread for discussion about that.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think I'm upping this great thread, just for the sake of it. :)

4. Daikuma

Daikuma Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    I am all for house rules, but the limitation here is senseless. The reason they gain so few skill points per level is that Jedi training is hard. The skills they have to split across represent the fact that they can't be spending too much time on mundane skills takes away from their force skills, and vice versa. The Jedi Guardian is quite powerful as is, I don't think it wise to give them too much in the extras area - if the players worry about it too much, tell them to bump up their intelligence in the beginning.

Daikuma

<<<<<[Yeah GM's have the right for "house rules," I added 2 points for the Jedi Guardian everytime he gains a level. They get jipped pretty bad, they have regular skills and force skills to put stats in and only get 4+int mod per level. That really stinks when you have to put things under both Force and regular skills. To do this I had to add some game balance, where the JG got that other's got something else, they might get a cross-class skill they can use as a non cross-class skill, or something of the like.]>>>>>

5. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I like that - cortosis shuts a saber down, (and the GM doesn't actually have to tell his PC's does he) AND provokes an attack of opportunity! Phwoar! That IS nasty...

Why yes, Ender, that IS nasty... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.