main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fan Sites Social Thread says Final Exams are EVIL

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by jedi-mind-trick, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Very nice! Did you make that yourself?

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That does look good. :)

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    The background with the planets and stars belongs to TrulyGhent, the artist on the TIS team. The rest of the Photoshop belongs to me, like the rollover buttons and text. It's slow in coming, but it's coming along. Thanks a bunch. If we make a major update, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

In other news, how are we three doing? We gotta get some more people in here. :p

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Definitely. You two are getting boring to talk to.

Just kidding. :p

5. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Bah! I'd just ignore you, but then we'd have one less person to talk to. [face_plain]

Ersh. Small talk. Uh, how's the weather where you guys are? :D

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Beautiful day today. Yesterday was brutally hot though. [face_sick]

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    So ten years of TF.N. How can anyone have survived this long without getting into the psych ward? :p

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Ask those dern '98ers. Crazy oldbies!

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Ten years of TF.N and Star Wars! It went by so fast...

Much harder was the barren wasteland of 1984 - 1996. About all we had was the Thrawn trilogy and the soundtrack anthology in the early 90s.

10. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    That's weird to imagine. I mean, being born in 1989, I never saw a Star Wars movie until Episode I came out, so it's like Star Wars has always been there as a major part of the current culture.

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Woh woh...just because you were born in '89 doesn't mean you couldn't see a SW movie until Episode 1! There was the Special edition releases. And VHS!

I was born that year too, and can remember watching RotJ when I was like 5. :cool:

12. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    I was talking about me personally.

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I know, I am just saying...you had plenty of chances to watch SW before TPM! [face_shame_on_you]

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey, hey, wait a sec. There's too much activity in this thread these last couple of days, and I'm going to have to ask you two to cool it.

Oh, and lol @ 1989.

15. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, according to your profile, you were born in 2009 :p

16. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Did I say you could look at mah profile?!

This is a deep, dark confession, but I actually didn't see the original trilogy until 1999, practically a couple of months before Phantom Menace. My family must've had this thing against epics/classics/good movies, 'cause I didn't see Indiana Jones until 2000, I think. My deprived childhood led me here just before Eppy I so I could fill up on spoilers.

17. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Heh, that deep dark confession is nothing. When TPM came out in 1999, that was the first Star Wars movie I ever saw. Want to know what the second one was? Episode II in 2002. :p I knew that there were other movies, but I didn't know anything about them. I had planned to wait to see them until after Episode III came out, but I didn't want to wait and saw them anyway. What was nice about that was when I watched ANH, I believed that Anakin had been killed by some guy named Darth Vader, because I knew nothing about what would happen in the then untitled ROTS. So when I saw TESB, I still got the shock value for "I am your father". The same thing happened in ROTJ when I found out that Leia was Luke's twin.

And I never saw Indiana Jones until that box set came out a few years ago. :p

18. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm glad that I was able to grow up watching Episodes 4-6 first, and then watching 1-3 as they came out in theaters. However, by doing that, I already had a very rough idea of what was going to occur in the end. :p

I don't believe I had ever seen Indiana Jones before a couple years ago either. [face_blush]

19. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Personally one of the things I liked about having seen the first two prequels before seeing the originals is that, even though I believe the originals to be superior to the prequels, I still have a great appreciation for the prequel films and I still really like them. Had I seen the originals first, even at a young age, there was that risk that I would end up being disappointed because they wouldn't live up to my expectation.

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I grew up watching the Originals on VHS; I was maybe 3 when I first watched them, and quickly learned to love watching them. Then TPM came along, and I was really excited to see it.

21. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Would have been interesting for me to have done that, but alas... [face_worried]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Wow, we're actually getting quite a discussion going. I can't believe that there hadn't been a post in this thread for 5 months. :(

23. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yeah, I'm glad to have it back. Now to just pull in more people....

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, I've decided to come join the conversation. :D

Anyways, about the movies, it shouldn't make a difference in what order you watch them in.

25. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Well, it kind of does. If you watch the originals first then you go in not knowing that Vader is Luke's father or that Luke and Leia are brother and sister. On the other hand, if you watch the prequels first, you go in not knowing that Anakin will turn to the dark side or that Palpatine is Sidious. You get surprises and twists either way, but I think watching them in the order they were released would give you more profound surprises. The shock value of "I am your father" is just incredible.

Anyway, to steer this into a more social setting instead of film discussion (:p), thank God finals are over! They were pretty easy, except for my awful math final today. Anyone else finish their finals yet? How'd you do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.