main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Force of Evolution" X-Men/SW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Whoa! I didn't realized I would put someone in a panic attack. Don't worry, Toad and Wolverine will get their moments.

?Do you suppose they are mutants?? Obi-Wan asked Qui-Gon as he pulled his helmet on.

?The man, possibly. The girl,? Qui-Gon shrugged. ?I estimate we are an hour from Winchester. Alicia told us contacting this Xavier would be wise.?

Obi-Wan nodded and straddled the bike, wincing as the sun heated the black leather seat. He thought of asking Qui-Gon whether he could pilot the vehicle, but he decided against it. They were soon traveling down the road, following the signs that read Winchester. The scenery was beautiful and the road they took was far less busy than what they had seen in New York City.

They finally came to a private road that read: Xavier?s School For Gifted Youngsters. Without further delay, the rode the bike down the narrow road. Trees lined the road and the roof to a grand mansion began to rise from the tree-tops. It was a cheerful, serene place and Obi-Wan was beginning to feel relaxed on this world. A stone wall suddenly snaked behind pine trees and they slowed as they came to a wrought iron gate. Before they had stopped, it opened and admitted them. They did not shriek in protest, but glided smoothly open.

A vast courtyard expanded before them. Happy sounds of children playing carried beyond the trees and they found three branches of a walkway. A woman with dark skin and shocking white hair was busy teaching a class of small children. As the Jedi paused, a cloud spiraled around the woman, creating a tiny storm around her. Then it dissolved, leaving the children giggling. Her head turned at the sound of the idling motor, and an instant later, she was smoothly striding towards them. Along the low neckline of her shirt was intricate bead work. Qui-Gon shut the bike?s motor off and wait calmly for her.

?May I help you?? she asked in a smooth, accented voice. Her brown eyes regarded them with professional interest.

?We are looking for a Professor Xavier,? Qui-Gon supplied. ?Can you tell us where to find him??

She regarded them silently, frowning for a moment. ?Are you admitting him to the school?? she asked, nodding towards Obi-Wan.

?Possibly,? Qui-Gon hedged, feeling Obi-Wan?s surprise from behind him.

?Wait one moment.? She turned and strode back to the class of small students. She spoke quietly, then they scattered, partnering with someone and heading towards the sprawling mansion. Then she returned to the Jedi. ?I?m known as Storm. Follow me.? She began walking up one of the side paths. Dismounting, the Jedi followed, Qui-Gon letting Obi-Wan push the bike.

?Why do they call you Storm?? Obi-Wan asked curiously as they walked towards a side building.

?It suits me,? Storm replied. Her eyes traveled over another group of students. They all appeared to me normal children, only a couple with skin discoloration. It was nothing new to Obi-Wan. Storm led them to a garage (a new term for him). ?You may park your bike here. It will be safe.?

Obi-Wan pushed the bike beside the black one. He did a double-take, realizing it was of the same make as the one the claw-man and the girl had ridden out on. He glanced at Qui-Gon and the Jedi Master shrugged.

?Come this way, please,? Storm said, leading them through a door. It opened manually by a knob that she turned with her hand. The hinges opened smoothly and they entered a beautiful hallway.

The wood paneling was of a cherry brown, hand carvings and ornaments adorning the wall. It had a cozy but distinguished feeling to it. Storm led them down a long hallway and through several more doors. Then she paused outside an elegantly carved door and knocked. ?Professor??

The door opened and she stepped in, the Jedi following behind. ?We have visitors, Professor,? Storm said.

A commanding presence radiated from the bald man seated at the large, wooden desk. He looked up with dark eyes and calmly took in Storm and the visitors. Qui-Gon

2. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ah, shavit. Spell check changed it from "Weschester" to "Winchester". :-(

3. MaryJade*Invidious*

MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    A POST A POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

aND i'LL TRY TO BE PATIENT FOR TOAD. :)

um... oops :)

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's a little more. Toad and the others won't be in until chapter 5, I think. Remember, Mystique is still disguised as Senator Kelly! Bigwigs like him have the power to free Mag--cough--um, free maggots from the sewers. (good, they won't suspect a thing!)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

?You neglected your classes today,? Jean Grey said, looking at Rogue from over her black specs. The younger student was sitting on a bench watching as the scientist ran a DNA test on one of the new students.

?I know,? Rogue sighed. ?It didn?t seem worth it.?

?The classes or leaving the grounds??

**The classes** Rogue shrugged, knowing the redhead wouldn?t like the answer. There was no use in lying to a telepathic. ?Do you now where Logan went?? she asked after a bit, knowing the subject of the man would throw Jean?s concentration off. Especially if Cyclops happened to be hanging around.

Jean smiled, clearly not fooled. ?Probably showing Scott up.? She frowned. ?Did you two get into trouble today??

Another shrug. ?Well . . . not really.?

Jean?s sharp eyes narrowed. ?Bar fight??

Rogue squirmed. She hated to rat on Logan, but Jean would have found out anyway. ?No one got hurt badly,? she mumbled. ?Don?t tell Logan! He?ll get sick of me!?

Jean smiled and typed something out on her computer. ?If you don?t skip your classes again, I won?t tell him. Or Professor X.?

?Deal.? Rogue unfolded her legs and looked around the lab. It was of the latest and cleanest technology. Below the mansion, it was like a science-fiction scene. Only a few of the students knew what was really below the mansion. She was one of them. When a student gained full control of their powers, they were trained as an X-Men. Although she was no where near ready, she had become a part of the team. Magneto had seen to that.

A shiver went up her back and she rubbed her arms impulsively. Jean looked over, put didn?t say anything. She pulled a disk from her white coat pocket and slipped it in to the computer. ?You will have to explain to the professor why you skipped,? Jean said mildly. ?You?ve been here long enough to know you can?t hide from him.?

?Yeah, I know.? Rogue bit her lip. ?Now??

?I don?t think he?s busy,? Jean said, her fingers moving swiftly over the keyboard. A mug of coffee lifted smoothly from the other desk and floated to her. It tipped to her lips, then settled down beside her.

**I wish my powers could do that** Rogue suppressed a sigh. What did her powers do but hurt people? Jean was telekinetic as well as telepathic. Rogue envied the beautiful scientist. ?All right,? she muttered. ?I?m goin?, I?m goin.?

5. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    hey Hey HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT is this story doing on the second page?!?!?!?

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Excellent! I bow before the masters!

7. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    Come on come on! we have to get to chapter 5 by TONIGHT!!!!!!!
    please.... MOREMOREMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ? . . . I?m afraid Senator Kelly?s campaign has left wide-spread opportunity and destruction for those who wish to?? Professor Xavier paused, his eyes flickering to the doorway. ?Come in, Rogue.?

Obi-Wan shifted in his chair. They had been sitting there for quite some time, Qui-Gon and Xavier trading information. The professor had taken their presence quite well, and hadn?t seemed that surprised. He was very happy to share the evolution of the mutant. Junk DNA, puberty and stress triggering powers, rejection and fear, acceptance and learning to cope, all these things Xavier spoke off. Some parts made his head reel, but Obi-Wan found it rather fascinating. The Force moved differently through this man, and the other presences in the mansion. The Mutant Hysteria and Registration was shocking. Obi-Wan had witnessed how greedy leaders would use fear to control their population, but it shocked him how the fear could turn to hate for one another, how a parent could harm his own child for having a gift or genetic trait.

The door opened, and Obi-Wan shifted again, startling in surprise to see the girl from the bar creep in. She gave him a similar start of surprise, and froze in the doorway. ?Um, I can come back later, Professor,? she said in a drawling accent.

?No, Rogue, you can stay. I won?t be much longer,? Professor X smiled kindly. ?Storm.? The white-haired woman stirred from behind him. ?Would you show these gentlemen to some refreshments. We will continue our discussion later. You are free to roam the grounds. Storm can give you a tour of all of the mansion.?

The woman smiled reassuringly at Rogue, then motioned for the Jedi to follow. Obi-Wan stretched his legs as he stood, relieved to be moving again. Qui-Gon was already moving to follow Storm, and the girl darted in, keeping as much distance between her and the Jedi. It struck Obi-Wan curiosity as to why a girl would generate such raw fear and mistrust of people. But he didn?t have time to dwell on it as Storm began the tour.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rogue licked her lips nervously. ?I?m sorry, Professor!? she cried before he could say anything. ?I know I shouldn?t have skipped my classes, but??

?Relax, Rogue,? Professor Xavier soothed. The bald man regarded her carefully. ?Your studies have been slipping recently. Are you finding it difficult to fit in??

Rogue frowned. ?No, I don?t think that?s it. Everyone?s really nice, Professor.? She looked down at the floor and dug the toe of her black boot into the carpet. ?I just . . . I don?t know. Everyone?s making progress but me.?

?Why do you think that??

Rogue shrugged and glanced out the window. A group of teenagers were playing flag-football. Bobby and Jubilee were out there. ?Are you mad at me? For leaving??

?No, I am not angry with you,? Xavier said kindly. ?Only curious. Going out alone with Logan will always spark trouble. And with Magneto's men still out there . . .?

Rogue shivered at the memory. ?I know, Professor. It will never happen again. I?ll even stay inside the mansion if you want me to.?

?Nothing that drastic,? Xavier smiled. He gazed at her for a moment. ?You recognized our visitors.?

?Yes.?

?Today, perhaps??

?At the bar,? Rogue said, feeling nervous again. What if she had to explain things to the professor and rant on Logan? He would not be happy with her, and she hated making him angry.

?I see.? Xavier smiled reassuringly at her. ?I believe you have plenty of homework to catch up on.?

?Yes, Professor.? Rogue gave a loud sigh the moment she left the office. She had gotten off easy. The last time she had left the mansion, she had been kidnapped by Magneto, and Logan had gone through a lot of pain, along with the rest of the X-Men team.

I've just begun writing Chapter 5! U still have to get through 3 and 4. 4's short, though.

9. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    MORE!! I am addicted!

10. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!

11. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!!!! WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!!!!!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sheesh, you guys are pushy!!! ;-) That's okay!

Chapter 3

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were amazed by the architect of the mansion, and the technology of the sub-levels. Storm, instructed to give them a detailed tour, showed them the X-Men training rooms, the sub-level ready room, the X-Jet, the uniforms, and the labs. So far, they had only passed students, but the strange presence of the mutants lingered absently in their minds.

?Storm,? a woman?s soft voice called. The Jedi turned to see a woman in a long, white coat striding up the long corridor, a man wearing ruby sunglasses following just behind. Her eyes flickered over the Jedi, then back to storm. Her red hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail bun, her chiseled features set with worry. ?Have you seen Logan? Rogue is back, and I expected him to return as well.?

?Probably didn?t get enough of a fight the first time,? the man said, clearly annoyed by the other woman?s concern.

?Check the danger room,? Storm said. The scientist and the man brushed by. Storm turned to the Jedi. ?Jean Grey is our scientist. Scott, call-sign Cyclops, is the team leader.?

They came to the lift that would take them from the gray-walled sub-levels and up to the living quarters of the mansion. Obi-Wan thought about what Storm had told them of the X-Men. They were mutants that protected mankind from a group of vengeful mutants known as the Brotherhood. In a way, the reminded the Padawan of the Jedi.

?Professor X will meet you in the dining room,? Storm said, leading them to a pair of double doors.

?Thank you for the tour,? Qui-Gon said calmly. ?It was most informative.?

The woman ushered them into the dining hall. It was a large, formal room. The walls were carved wood as before, a deep mahogany trimmed with gold. A sparkling chandelier hung from the tall ceiling, sending twinkling light down upon the long, wooden table. The table itself was quite remarkable, glazed wood with yet another spectacular display of craftsmanship. The center of the rectangle was a sculpture. A sculpture of what, the Jedi were not sure. It took mainly the appearance of a human mind, but spraying?and there could be no other word for it?spraying from the mind were images, tiny sculptures of people, things, feelings. It was extraordinary, and almost mesmerizing.

?Professor X will join you shortly,? Storm said. She left, her boots making sharp little clicks.

Obi-Wan raised his eyes, finding more artwork above the tall windows. If there had been any doubt in his mind before of the professor?s wealth, it was banished. The artwork spoke of intelligence, pain, hope, and peace. ?What do you suppose that sculpture on the table represents?? he wondered quietly.

?The human mind. All aspects,? Qui-Gon murmured. The Jedi Master paused. ?The Force moves differently here, Padawan. Perhaps slower, perhaps quicker.?

?I?ve felt it,? Obi-Wan nodded, his eyes still roaming the room. ?Around here, at the bar. Especially here.?

13. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    ooooooh!!!! *squeal* I know someone who's going on my favorites list!!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    :-D

I've got some Toad *mush* written. The icky, squishy kind!

15. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Owwwww! Did you read the part in the book where he said he loved blood and guts?! That was sick!! But cool!
    Ooooooh! You know, you're one of my fav authors!!!! I'll be waiting!!!

16. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    Well then hurry! WRITE

17. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    *Eyes widen* YOU SOUND LIKE ME!!!

18. Darth Anakin 83

Darth Anakin 83 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    I like this story. Keep it up! :D

19. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    is that a bad thing? should I sound like someone else?

20. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    Hey Amidolee, where are you?!?! you'd better get movin' if you're gonna get to chapter 5 tonight!!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm not getting to 5 tonight. I wouldn't have anything for tomorrow! *Maybe* I will put a post up tonight. I've been busy fixing quirks on my site.

22. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    AWWWWWWWWWWW!

Well, post chapter 4 at least, please? :(:(:(

23. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Oooooh! Come on! I mean I like your site and everythng. BUT I like the story more!

BtW, MaryJade. I like your quote

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This is just a little bit. If I gave you everything tonight, there wouldn't be anything tomorrow!

I'm happy now that backgrounds and little buttons are working on my site now :) It's a lot better than it was 2 days ago. 2 new stories as well. Both from the JC. If you want a story archived, please e-mail it to me at amidolee@excite.com or amidolee@juno.com.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

?Hey, where were you today??

Rogue turned, finding the blue eyes of Bobby frowning at her. Ever since Mystique had disguised herself at Bobby and told her to runaway, she had always felt an instant of mistrust from him. ?I took the day off.?

?Skipped? Does the professor know?? Bobby asked, plopping himself down on the couch beside her. The noise of the other students playing with the games and video-games on the large TV?s faded a little behind her. The sitcom on the television changed to a commercial.

?Of course he knows,? Rogue replied, keeping her eyes on the advertisement. ?He?s a psychic.?

?Where?d you go??

?Around.? Rogue shrugged. The commercial was one she had seen several times. The adults were trying to be ?in with it?, saying cliché phrases in exaggerated voices. It was hard to even tell what was being advertised.

Bobby sighed and stopped staring at her, turning to the TV screen. Rogue glanced over, and when he glanced back, quickly looked back at the screen. She liked Bobby, but she didn?t want to get close. Not since David . . . she could never be close to anyone again. They would get hurt.

25. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Good but I want more. I'll wait though. Do you want a little Obi story I wrote?? I might put it on when I get home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.