main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA The Future of RRS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's come to my attention that there seems to be a lack of interest in our group lately. Maybe it's due to the fact that we have not been having meetings here of late, which I'm well aware of and struggling to handle, or that members have just moved on to other things. The deal is, something needs to be done. I have already spoken to a member privately about this issue and I feel that it's time to bring it to the public eye - to the members.

I have mentioned about possibly merging with another Fan Force group if we can't generate enough activity here or possibly do a better job of advertising to attract more members. But the truth is, I'm beginning to burn out at trying to keep this group going and it's coming to the point where I no longer feel worthy of either having these colors or having the title of "CR of Reading, PA." Maybe it would be a good idea to have co-CR to help out in this slow time or maybe even electing a new leader altogether.

Anyway, I'm looking for feedback about what should be done in our current situation and if there is indeed any members still around. Please chime in and let me know what you're thinking. :)

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I think it's just everyone forgot about us :p

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think it's more than that. People have been moving on to other things and no longer find an interest in a group here. I know there's more members in this area, it's only a matter of finding them.

I also think it has to do with our lack of meetings. Since becoming official a year ago, we've had a grand total of ONE meeting. Personally, I'm ashamed of that and maybe I'm to blame, but something needs to be done about it. We need to come up with a set time to have a meeting each month and stick to that. I don't know about you, but when the idea of a Reading Fan Force first came into the works, I wanted it to be a fun group where the members actually got together to share our love for Star Wars. Isn't that what Fan Force is all about?

Like I said, to help us move along...maybe it's time I stepped down and someone else took charge or maybe all I need is a co-CR to help me out. Any suggestions are appreciated. Please don't be afraid to share them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to improve our group.

4. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I see this proves that my notion was correct. Other than Crazed, Rebel_Spook and myself - we're the only ones here. Is there any interest at all? I seriously don't think his thing can fly with only 3 people here.

5. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'm interested... but I haven't got much time these days working FT and going to school M-Th. I barely have time to check, let alone respond before I have to run off again. Like right now, I'm off for school.

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, no problem. I'm just glad someone else chimed in. I also completely understand how school can be putting you back. That's my case come Fall as well.

Well, as I see that we now have 4 active members, maybe things are not all lost. It's just that we need to get things rolling...

7. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Indeed things are not looking good for the RRS at this moment. (sigh) If someone has to jumpstart this ff then it better be me. Hi all, I'm Scott from the York/Lancaster boards. If you need a fresh start come join us for our 5th meeting in October. Hopefully we can get you guys and girls going strong again.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the effort, Scott. I don't know how we're going to keep going like this, but a suggestion might be to combine both of our groups together. We're fairly close to each other to begin with, so I don't think it should cause too many problems. To tell you the truth, I'm running out of ideas to keep this group alive.

9. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, Steph, as it was I who had originally suggested that Y/L FF join RRS to keep us both going and we ended up having a solid member base shortly thereafter, hopefully the same can happen for the RRS! :D

As the CR of the Black Sun Elite, I will officially offer an open invitation to any members of the RRS to attend our meetings. If you check our board, you will see that we are happy to shift location to allow more people to attend.

Also, everyone is welcome to post on our boards, because if we are going to start merging, we may as well start there! :)

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, guys...this truely looks like we're dead. If anyone else is still interested, please post in here to try and keep it alive. If not, I'm gonna go ahead and try to start the merge with Lancaster/York. Once that happens, RRS will probably be shut down. I hate to see that this group didn't work out, but I don't really know what to do anymore. I seem to be talking among myself over here and everyone else has seemed to move on.

Like I said, if someone out there is still interested, please feel free to post. I'm still gonna hang around and check the board regularly until the merge is complete.

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Dont fret :( Sometimes it just takes one meeting to get everyone back in the groove again. Lately Darth Real life has consumed alot of everyones time and its hard to get together. I suggest posting a meeting thread and see who can come...... :)

meet over dinner/linch/snacks... or a movie. that may get a few people out. Alot of good movies coming out :)

Good luck guys and hang in there!

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for helping out, strawbary. :)

I guess I could try and see if anyone would be interested in a meeting. You never know...

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, my attempt at getting a meeting started has failed. And it has now been close to a month since someone last posted in this thread. I don't know about anyone else(if anyone else is here), but perhaps it's time to move on. I'm getting very discouraged about this whole thing and I feel like it's time for me to step down as CR and possibly call this chapter of RRS closed.

If anyone else wishes to take over the reigns, please let me know. I'm at the point where I see this club as dead and I no longer feel worthy of displaying these colors on my username.

14. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That sucks!!!

I'm really sorry to see this happening. We (Philly) were hoping to hang out with you guys in the near future.

Damn!

15. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    It's a shame that this had to happen guys. If you want any support from your Philly brothers and sisters, we're here for you. We wish all the best for you and the Fan Force. :)

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for all the support, guys. It was just getting to be too much trouble than what it's worth. Everyone just seem to disappear and I was talking to myself for the last few months.

Even if we do break up, it doesn't mean that I won't still be active in FF. I'll most likely move off to either join you guys in Philly for a few meetings or head to Lancaster. So, in a way...it's not a complete loss. And if someone becomes interested in Reading again, I'll be more than happy to start it back up.

17. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Steph, you are always welcome to kick it with us.

Drop by our other boards so we can make sure you know what's happening at all times.

Joe

18. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    ^

Ditto on what he said. Register at our boards and find out what's going on. We'd love for you to hang out with us. :)

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    We're willing to share custody of you with York/Lancaster. lol

20. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    No, no sharing. I like pillaging and claiming for Philly. [face_batting]

Nah, just kidding.

21. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, as it only hurts the one in the middle, I guess the Black Sun Elite won't fight for sole custody! :p

:D

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!!! You guys are too cool! I'll be sure to check out both of your boards since I'm kinda stuck in the middle between both of you. :p

23. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Stephanie,

I have been reading the boards from time to time before posting my info. I have to say that you are very committed to this club. I would be happy to help you build a club here in the Reading Area. I'm not sure if just 2 members can spark a fire, but maybe it will convince some of the past members to chime in.

I have to say that my 'plate' is very full. Full-time 3rd Shift, father of 2 & full-time student, but I will do what I can. I have way more time to post than to meet, but I am a SW Diehard, so I will try my best to make any meetings.

Have you thought of trying people in the sci-fi [face_alien] club in KU? I don't belong to it, but the thought came to me as I was writing this. [face_thinking]

Rob..

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, I didn't really think this would generate much response. I thought everyone pretty much left - I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, it's great to still be drawing in new members! Welcome aboard, Rob and I really appreciate the effort! We just need the right thing to draw our members back in. As you can see, we were fairly active at one point and my goal is to get up to that status once again. I'm open to any suggestions and hopefully we can get over this road block and get RRS back up and running. :)

EDIT: As for the sci-fi club at KU - I don't have any connections up there anymore. I transferred away at the beginning of this semester. But, I do have a friend that goes there who's also a SW fan, so maybe I can pass the word onto him.

25. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    *pops in and out just to let everyone know I'm alive*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.