main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Galactic Enquirer Newsletter

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Perhaps there could be a "Want Ad" section pertaining to collectables. Listing the ten most commonly wanted items??? Maybe someone from the Collector's Guild could submit this for you?

I'd like to submit something, myself, but unsure of what it may be, yet. I initially thought of some Fan Fic of some sort. I have nothing started yet though.

2. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    well i was thinking just a random figure pulled from a box. then listing extras that came with the figure, any special features(heads coming off, lighting up) and then whatever info came on their 'card'. then maybe rarity(how easily found) or something like that. i just thought maybe that would be cool.

3. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    If Rick_Sith and Red_Jedi_Knight want to put together something "Collector's" in the newsletter and combine the figure idea you can do that, and the head of the Collector's Guild will probably also be submitting something from your string (such as updates). So, let Twisty and me know what you come up with. If you want to go solo, you can too. In that case, Red_Jedi_Knight, if you have a ton of figures already and want to submit figure stats every quarter on a particular figure, we can probably make a section just for that... I'll have to talk it over with Twisty, but maybe we can separate sections for each of your guilds (Collector's, Costumer's, etc.)

DEADLINE for all submissions is still September 25, 2002, and please e-mail us with your work, scans (of figures, picture of fan art, etc.)

I'll be off posts by Monday for sure while I'm traveling with work, but will be back between travels to reply. Meanwhile I'll leave that to TwistyMaeSkywalker, our editor.

MTFBWY

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I would like to try my hand at submitting something and could help out with any collectors guild information. I also wouldn't mind trying to do a humor column, sort of like a Dave Barry type deal. It's what I used to do in college, and I have to purge my sarcasm less it take total control of my body. Just a thought, and I have no idea where to go with it (My most popular variety of thought).

Dwayne

5. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Dwayne, if you could help me compile the "Ten Most Wanted" collector items, I would appreciate it. I don't mind submitting this for the newsletter. Even though I was just handing out an idea for someone else to pursue. :D I might submit something else anyway.

Perhaps also the top ten list for action figures. Red_Jedi_Knight might like this list to do her research for details on the figures. Just an idea.

6. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes! Definately work together on that collector's Top 10 List, but be sure to date it (I'm a collector myself, but don't collect new stuff which is why I haven't been to a collector meet yet, and dates are important!)

And for a humor column--sounds great! Submit a sample or an idea so I know about how big of a column you'll need, and submit illustrations if you have some to go along with it too! :)

7. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    i'm all for that! i'd love to help the collector's guild. just get me the list early so i can find picutres and info on maybe the top three. this will be great!!

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    Ran D'om thought: maybe we could get an approxamate number of people who wanted different figures. then have the number 1 figure be the most wanted... this would help out the collectors guild... maybe...

9. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
  10. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Up again. Send in your stuff, folks, the deadline is closer than you think!

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Do you want submissions emailed or PMed? I'm thinking about sending something...MAYBE.

12. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Deadline is Sept. 25

You can PM or E-Mail your representative (Twisty or me) depending on how long your submission is.

MTFBWY

13. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    I need the info from the collecters guild.. so i'm saying this here and i'll say it there.

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    You could also include the book club meetings and what books they are covering or which are most controversial or best-liked. The first meeting is September 21, 1PM at Leslie and Bruce's house.

15. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Hello everyone:

NOTICE:

I am having problems at work; the guy who works right next to me is being let go for apparently no good reason, after having 10 years seniority with the company. I've been there only 7 months and am one of four production people; and one of only three graphics people doing what he's doing, so I'm a bit nervous myself.

Point is, I'm still planning on doing the Fan Force Newsletter after hours at work in September and October, but it'd really help me out if everyone could start getting their submissions in now so that I can get it down with one big SWOOP... meaning, if you want to be in the newsletter this October, or want your guild to be in it, please write directly to my e-mail or Twisty's. WE WANT YOUR SUBMISSIONS!!! If it's not in writing in our e-mail or PM, we can't guarantee your idea will be in it. I wish I had more time to scroll around but work is really on top of us now. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks so much,
    MTFBWY,
    Jenni

16. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    school, musical, angelaires, voice lessons, college applications, boyfriend.... i'm not sure i'm gonna have anything in... drat again!! *see social thread for previous drat* arg i need to organize!!

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'm not getting too much help from the Collector's Guild on the list I asked for. BWing53 did give a list, but it was something more suited to Red's submission than mine.

However, if she doesn't plan on using it, I will do what I can with it. :)

18. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Sorry about that--I've been meaning to get you the other list. When is the deadline? I can see about putting something together by Thursday night or so, if that works. In the future, it is something that can probably get hashed out and updated at every collector's guild meeting, and we can forward each "updated" list to the Enquirer sometime after the meeting.

19. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Hello again:

The actual deadline is September 25. No submissions will be used after that date for the first newsletter, however if you can PLEASE do get your submissions to me ahead of time.

I will be working on the newsletter starting next week after work to try to do all of this before anyone else besides Adrian & Paul at my workplace are let go. In fact, it's so sad, because Paul's wife is due for labor Sept. 21 and is on Paul's work insurance...

anyhow, the point is, get your work together and send it on in!!! :) This is the time to tell everyone what you're all about!

MTFBWY

20. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    As to the Book Club meetings etc, that's a good idea but since the 21st is the first meeting there isn't much yet - obviously - to send you now. I will try to remember to send you a "report" on how the first meeting went and what book we pick to read for the next meeting and the date etc for the next meeting if we schedule one at that time - which I think we should.

However, since the meeting isn't until the 21st - and the 25th deadline is shortly thereafter - I will try my darnedest to get you something to include in the first newsletter.

21. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Great! Hopefully your enthusiasm will generate a report of what happened at your meet! Send whatever you have to SeaOrchids@aol.com by Sept. 25! Make sure your subject reads that it's for the newsletter so I know who you are! Will leave an open window for you...

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Sorry, between working full time and school. Neither one of us has a tremendous amount of time or energy.

Los Wampas

23. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Hello Fan Force:

Where are you? That is the question.

The newsletter we're constructing is based around the fan force. If I can't get you to submit, I can't make a newsletter. The deadline is Sept. 25, 2002. It is Sept. 10, 2002 today. I have very little to work with.

If you don't contribute, the release date will be pushed back, and if I still don't get your submissions it'll be pushed back again. Where is the enthusiasm?

JOIN THE ALLIANCE!
    Let's hear it for your guilds, your threads and your fandom! I have posted in this thread "WANTED" articles as ideas! Please review them if you can't think of something right off the top. We're all busy and we're all nervous since it's the anniversary of 9-11, but we can make this happen! How better to get your mind off of things than get published? I'm not even asking for a donation to get the first newsletter out there. I'm asking you to write and draw Star Wars! This should be something that excites you! I don't want the great Milwookie Council to die out! Let's get on it!

24. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I need a minumum of 3 new articles from fan force fans or within 12 days (Sept 25) or the newsletter will have to be pushed back!

You can write or draw (see some great fan force art here: FAN FORCE ART ,) and it can be as simple as a paragraph about what your favorite string is involved in, or as intricate as writing a short story of your own. Please see below for ideas. Please forward these submissions to SeaOrchids@aol.com

Again, We have a list of what we need however the first issue will more of a try-out until we get a list of contributors and subscribers.

WANTED:
    ? Fan Art
    ? Fan Fiction Short Stories (up to 1 page 12 pt. text e-mailed to us until the newsletter someday may become a fanzine and we have more room)
    ? Poetry
    ? Comic Strips
    ? Duties in the Fan Force
    ? Lists of what you're doing on your string

MTFBWY

25. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I believe that BWing53 is trying to pull information from the Collector's Guild, so I will leave the "Top Ten Wanted Collectables" up to him.

What I could do is dig up part of a story that I had written some time ago. It is based in the Star Wars Universe, but doesn't have any of the "known" characters in it, mostly due to copyright infringements and etc.

Let me know if that would be OK, and I could spruce it up a bit for the newsletter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.