main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    We left work early to go pick up some parcels from the post office today - My Telltale parcel had arrived, so I have my Sam and Max: Season 2 DVD and Case File...

... but no soundtrack. :( Will have to email those ever-so-helpful support guys and see if I can't get this fixed up.

2. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I know I'm very late to the party on this one, but I finally played through Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare over the last couple of days as a distraction until Left 4 Dead was released.

Excellent game, with some jaw dropping moments. The major deaths and the surprisingly brutal ending to the rescue mission were amazing. Tempted to pick up World at War on the strength of these. I'd also like legit copies of the first two games, but anyway.

New Stongbad Ep is out too. Can I download it hassle free? Time will tell.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

3. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I havent gotten too far into World at War, but what I've played through so far has been very top notch, and much much better than Treyarch's last attempt. The game starts rather gruesomely, and the mission briefings are, at least in my opinion, really well done.

The beginning of the Russian campaign is a definite nod to a scene in Enemy at the Gates and while I wouldn't say its on par with 'One Shot, One Kill' from CoD4, its a good sign Treyarch have found their feet somewhat. Here's hoping the rest of the missions are just as good :)

P.S. Fans of CoD4's multiplayer will be happy to know WaW's is practically identical, but greatly improved on in many aspects.

Release the dogs!

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh, another thing about World at War. Can anyone say Nazi Zombies? :eek:

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Honestly, I'm really not interested in CoD 5. I'm done with new WW2 shooters. CoD 4 was excellent. I wasn't really into the MP but the Singleplayer was bloody fantastic. This just looks like a rehash.

6. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    I'm playing Guitar Hero World Tour. I was previously playing ROCKBAND.

I'm taking this thing ON THE ROAD.

(what goes on tour stays on tour)

7. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh no you don't. You can't namedrop both games without telling us which of the two is better. Please? Even a hint?

I'm picking up the parts for my new PC tomorrow, ready for assistance from the Archbishop of Assembly himself, BBN1138. It is all, as they say, pretty jolly exciting. I look forward to finally being able to play the Game of the Moment with everyone else, while slowly working back on the titles that have previously ensnared the QLDFF gaming troupe (BioShock, TF2, Knights of the Old Republic... most games since the original Max Payne, frankly).

8. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    Well, the game play on Rockband is definitely better. There is a little more margin for error inrockband, giving novices such as me more of a running chance to get through a song. But the drumkit set up for world tour is fantastic, with the cymbals. However the kit is flimsy-as, so disappointing to play. I know 2 people who have bought the whole set and both have experienced equipment failures (one drumkit pretty much fell apart in less than 6 hours, another had a sticking guitar button and a dead-out-of-the-box mic)

Rockband is bringing out a new kit in the new year, with cymbals, I hear. I would wait for that. The world tour kit smacks of get it out for xmas and flock the quality.

9. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    In his Nassness we trust.
    [face_hypnotized]

10. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well thanks, chaps, that's jolly nice of you.

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I decided I'd take advantage of that 98c Half-Life deal - I already have it in a box somewhere, but hopefully this will save me too much drama looking for the patch that makes it work...

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Probably the most anticipated game trailer for a 2009 release: Ghostbusters

If it's wrong to get a geeky thrill out of hearing Harold Ramis deliver expository dialogue as Dr. Egon Spengler, then I don't want to be right :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I've just played the first few levels of the new Prince of Persia, and I'm really really enjoying it. The art style, which is kind story book looking is really good and the way everything flows is fantastic. I'm playing it on my 360, which is hooked up to the surround sound, and I'm loving it. Definatly want to pick some up for Washington.

Speaking of 360's, those of you have them, what are your Gamer Tags? Mine's MurderSammich (some bastard took Sandwich :mad: )

14. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Surround sound is a 100% must. I never want to go back to stereo, ever.

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    We picked up Lego Batman the other day, and after a surprisingly small amount of jiggerypokery to get around the securom, I got to have a bash at it (Scoff of course had claimed the original disc for Britain - he had a flag and everything).

As a general newb to the "Lego" series of games, I've decided that the Batman varient is really quite fun. The cheesey cut sequences go pretty well in a comic book universe. And of course destroying everything in sight for the purpose of acquiring lego coin things (studs?) is, and always will be highly enjoyable.

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Picked up Prince of Persia (2008) last week, purely on nostalgia. You know it's been nearly 20 years since the original came out on PC? I never actually finished it; the razor gates made me nauseas!

Loving this game; beautiful to watch and play, with great design. My only complaint is that the innuendo between the Prince and his Princess is a bit modern; I miss the polite nobleman of the last trilogy. Still, well worth your time.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    A helpful survey -

Do you own the game Psychonauts?
    YES
    NO

A ton of other stuff is on discount on Steam. Some are up to 75% off. The new Prince of Persia is 25%. The original Doom is .99c. Portal is 4.99 and Left 4 Dead is 37.49. Definatly going to pick up some stuff.

EDIT - Bioshock is 4.99 :eek:

EDIT 2 - The new Flatout game is 9.99. If we got some people back into that, i'd be interested in it.

EDIT 3 - The complete Prince of Persia collection is 48.74. It's only available in america, but if anybody wants it I can gift it to you.

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hey Sammich, about that gifting of Prince of Persia... :eek:

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...so, it's like Monday night...

[image=http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg220/ncc77523/ps/l4dnozombies.jpg]

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh Goob, you're a card.

21. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  22. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Just a screenshot i took while playing Left 4 Dead... Made me think of the movie Ace Venture: When Nature Calls.

Those who have seen it may remember the scene...

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Jezza_Jem123/RoomOfDeathLOL.png]

23. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Until I recover my steam password (which is when I remember my email password - yes one silly thing about the reformat - I lost my passwords :oops: ), I am playing Mass Effect, an xmas present from Kahlan.

It's not bad, the leaving up to you on how you'll react/converse and how that affects you down the road...it's still structured enough that everyone knows the "bit in the nightclub" or the "bit with the council". Not far into it, and I haven't played a true RPG before, but this is good. Probably 'cause I get to fire a few shots. And order Seth Green around.

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I love Mass Effect's conversation system. There's nothing fundamentally different about it from games like KotOR, but the fluidity of it really encouraged me to not overthink dialogue choices and just go with the flow, which not only makes things more cinematic, but also felt a lot more immediate.

I'll be interested to see what you think of the storyline when you get further in, Goob. It's in the grand old tradition of sweeping sci-fi epics, and I think it's likely right up your alley.

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    What I played of Mass Effect was pretty alright, but having to dial down the pretty to make it run a little better on the Lappy made it a little bland - and call me odd, but I did miss things like all the interfaces that games like KotOR have. But then, I'll boot it up again later on a computer that can handle the prettiness and probably enjoy it a lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.