main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Gift - A Siriwan story. AU Ch 13 "The Rescue of Obi-Wan, Part 1" update 3/11/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obimom, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan sensed something and he was lovely with Anakin. Won't he be surprised when he opens the door.

I expect a big hug and a kiss for Obi from Siri.[:D]

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Ooooh--cliffie!

I also loved Obi-Wan and Anakin's interaction. Anakin is a little boy who adores Obi-Wan, and it is really fun to see how you're writing them together. Looking forward to finding out who is behind that door! Great update.

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    augh... We were just getting to the good part! More soon I hope!

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I can't wait to read Obi-Wan's reaction! What a tease! I really like that they're all together, too :)

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you!! More interaction to come!! :)

Valairy_Scot Boys love adventure and not usually a stuffy "old" master always lecturing...thats why he will love whats getting ready to happen ;)

And thanks again for all the prodding...:p

Gkilkenny Thank you!! Oh,he'll have surprise allright...[face_whistling]

Luna_Nightshade Thank you!! Hope you will enjoy this next bit of fun!! [face_whistling]

obsessedwithSW And more is here!! Hope you enjoy!! :)

serendipityaey Thanks! And more teasing to come. ;)

This next chapter took a completely different turn than what I had originally written. It turned off and took a trip into silliness....hope you all enjoy the ride. It was a lot of fun to write. :p

Chapter 11: Surprise! Part 2

"Hello, may I..." Before Obi-Wan could finish the sentence, he found himself lying flat on his back, gaping at a cloaked figure standing over him.

"Master!"

Obi-Wan heard his distressed Padawan's voice behind him and shouted, "Anakin, no! Stay where you are!" Although the figure was completely shrouded and he could feel no force signature, neither could he feel any danger. This person was not a threat, except perhaps to his dignity in front of his Padawan.

The figure pounced to land on him, but he rolled away. He jumped to his feet and turned to face his attacker again only to find himself being tackled again. Both of them fell to the floor as the strange intruder tried to pin him down.

Obi-Wan rolled himself over and threw the Jedi off of him, then grabbed swinging arms and tried to pin the figure in a hold, which he now knew to be female. The smaller figure wrested herself away from him.

Panting, she stood and slowly circled him. He crouched in a defensive stance and watched her, waiting for her next move.

He continued to wonder if this was Garen's doing. Seeds of revenge were popping into his mind but he shook them off for later. He needed to focus on this present game. Who is she and what favor did she owe Garen to agree to this charade?

She was slowly advancing and he opened his mouth to speak to her when she suddenly charged at him and then unexpectedly dropped low, swung herself around and caught his legs, sending him flying to the floor again. She then pounced on top of him, trying to pin him down. Instead he grabbed her arms and rolled her over and pinned her down with his body. He held her arms above her head, his face very close to hers and they lay still, both huffing breathlessly. Somehow the hood was still over her head, and Obi-Wan still could feel nothing from her.

After a moment, he found his voice and whispered hoarsely, "Who are you?"

"Why Kenobi, don't you know me?" came a muffled but familiar voice from under the hood.

Obi-Wan felt her lower her shields, and a connection he hadn't felt in over two years burst upon him. Using one hand while continuing to hold her hands with the other, he swiftly pulled the hood back from her face and before he could react, she planted a swift but passionate kiss on his lips. He felt lightheaded in astonishment as realization dawned. Overcome, he loosened his grip on her and she threw him off with a gleeful "Hah!", her eyes sparking in merriment.

He landed on his back and laid still, staring at her as though she were a ghost.

"Siri!"

She began to laugh, and her laughter rang in the room and then was joined by the laughter of others. Bewildered, he turned his head and saw his friends gathered in the room, gripping each others arms as they nearly danced, faces beaming, tears streaming from Bant's eyes. He noticed Anakin standing nearby, confusion on his face and still in a defensive stance, but only just now realizing his master did not need defending. He turned his attention back to Siri, who was sitting on the floor. Her laughter had subsided into soft giggles as she stared at him.

"You should see your face, Kenobi!" Siri finally gasped, wiping away a tear.

Obi-Wan slowly sat up, his heart

6. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    I love this chapter - perfect reactions of Obi-Wan and Anakin to Siri's mission, and like seeing everyone have a little fun and be reunited. And I'm sure Obi-Wan and Siri have a lot to talk about (-:

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect. frivolous use of the Force and the waterfun, hilarious.

This was a great surprise

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Very nice use of the Force. It is good to see them having fun, but Anakin is a worry though.
    More Obi and Siri.[face_love]

9. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Loved Obi-Wan and Siri's emotional reunion, and the water fight was great fun! I also loved the little foreshadowing with Anakin being happy the slave master was killed. Very fun reunion to read!

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    See, I told you everyone would love the Jedi hijinks! Trust me, when I say you've got it rocking, you've got it rocking.

And to all you readers, I just got thru beta'ing the next chapter and it's so good I wish I had written it myself. My little author has made her beta very proud - and jealous. ;)

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Toni Thank you!! They certain do...and it's coming right up! :)

earlybird-obi-wan I knew you would enjoy that! I was at least somewhat thinking of you when I wrote it. [face_blush]

Gkilkenny More Obi & Siri coming right up! [face_love]

Luna_Nightshade Thank you!! I had fun with that chapter. I'm glad everyone else did to.

Valairy_Scot Aw, thanks Val. [face_blush] I'm learning from the best. ;)

Hope you all enjoy this.

Chapter 12: "Coffee Conversations"

Siri leaned wearily against her large picture window, gazing at the tireless streams of traffic as it raced endlessly across her view. Coruscant never slept, it seemed. She started to sigh, but a yawn interfered. She rubbed her face and looked again at her chrono.

Over an hour.

When she had entered her quarters, she had run through her rooms, picking up the few things carelessly tossed aside in her hurry to get ready for the dinner at Garen's. Caffe had been made and ready, she had showered and put on her sleep clothes..the kind she wore as a Padawan when on a trip with male Jedi companions...modest enough to wear on an outing but nothing fancy. If she wore them to breakfast at a diner she would hardly be noticed.

May as well be comfortable, she had thought to herself.

Then she had waited.

And waited.

She wasn't used to Obi-Wan being so late, but then again, this was her first experience with him having a young apprentice, especially one like Anakin.

She sighed, this time successfully. What a handful he must be, she thought to herself. Then she grinned. "Serves Obi-Wan right," she muttered to herself, chuckling at the irony. The so called "perfect Padawan" now had a most imperfect Padawan to take care of.

She turned from the window, glancing again at the chrono, then at the caffe still hot on the stove.

"Oh, well. Maybe I'll get him out of bed in the morning and make him take me to breakfast."

She had just entered her bedroom when she suddenly sensed him at the door. A second later she heard a soft knock.

"Hmmph," she thought to herself. "NOW you want to come over."

She opened the door and he stood there, a rueful grin on his face.

"Sorry that took so long," he said. "You still want to talk tonight?"

"Yes," Siri said, inviting him in. "I've made some caffe. It's still hot, although I don't know how good it's going to taste now. Want some?"

Obi-Wan nodded as he entered. He walked to the window and looked out at the darkness broken by streaks of light.

"Did you and Anakin have a talk?"

Obi-Wan turned from the window. "Yes. We talked about his anger issues again. It bothered me how dark his anger was this evening though. I'd never heard him express such hatred for anyone before."

"Yes, that bothered me too, but I also understood."

"You understood?"

Siri nodded as she poured the hot steaming caffe into cups.

"Remember, I was with Krayne for two years. He was ruthless and cruel. He wanted what he wanted and killed anyone who stood in his way. I got on his good side, thankfully, I think because I am female and was able to hold my own against his crew. He liked that. But I was disgusted at what he did to innocents. Children, women, men, it didn't matter to him. More than once while on that ship I thought about sneaking into his room while he slept and putting a blaster to his brain. I can't say I was unhappy when he was killed and I'm a trained Jedi. What must it have been like for a child like Anakin who only saw a little moment of what a monster he was, to see him take some of his friends. He didn't know to control his feelings, and think like a Jedi. He thought like any one would who saw such cruelty. It's going to take time for him, I think."

"You're very observant," Obi-Wan said, taking the cup from Siri's hand. "but I do worry about his anger. It almost caused him to not be accepted into the order.?

?Well, he was too old anyway, wasn?t he?? Siri asked, curling her legs under herself as she settled herself onto her sofa, caffe in one hand.

Obi-Wan set

12. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Like the forbidden kiss - and hope that obi-wan is ok )-:

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Love Siri surprising him! And I loved everything about their coffee conversation, and that kiss... Whew! So romantic and just the right amount of 'hot'. Lovely, fun writing!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely romantic update with the caffe and kiss.

And hope Obi will be alright

Cliffie:eek:

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Of course Siri and Obi love each other I wouldn't have it any other way. Except if he loved me.

Obi's in trouble and Siri will find him and save him. Got it Siri!=D=

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

Together they stepped outside and stood, basking in the soft night breeze. They stood in silence for a long moment, both lost in their own thoughts.

Finally, staring out into the night, Obi-Wan said, "You know, Anakin and I talked about this."

"About us kissing?" Siri asked with eyes wide in mock innocence.

A crooked grin was her reward. Then he said, "No, about attachments and the code".

"Oh. Well, thanks for in ruining the moment," she said flippantly.

"Oh, I think you already did that when you jumped off the couch and opened the door," Obi-Wan said wryly. "But I think it needed to be done."

Siri said nothing for a moment, but drew closer to Obi-Wan, standing at his side. They gazed silently once again at the night sky, gazing at what few stars could be seen in the everlasting light of Coruscant.

"He made a statement to me," Obi-Wan said finally, his eyes following a large brightly lit passenger skyliner which swept by in the distant fly lanes.

"Who? Anakin?"

Obi-Wan nodded. "After we talked about his anger issue, he said to me, 'You love her, don't you?'"

Siri waited a moment. When no more was forthcoming she said, "And?"

He turned and looked at her. "I said yes."

Ahhh...[face_love]

17. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Love how Siri and Obi-Wan can talk about what has happened, and that she listens. It is a very human and romantic situation. And Obi-Wan in trouble? Looks like Siri and Anakin may have to spend some more time together as a team! Great update.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Toni Forbidden kiss indeed. ;) Glad you liked it. Obi-Wan will be ok...we hope...:D

serendipityaeyThanks...we do like "hot" don't we??;)

earlybird-obi-wan Thank you, late nite caffe and a little romance make a good combination, don't they. Now, Siri to the rescue!

Gkilkenny Siri understands...and she is on the way!! :)

Valairy_ScotWhat can I say,except [face_blush] :D And thank you for your help on this next chapter.!!

Luna_Nightshade Thank you, they do wrestle with their feelings vs. the code, and what does the force really intend for them? Answers will come, but for now, they are Jedi first...and Siri has a rescue to attend to, with Garen and others...[face_whistling]

This is the longest I've even gone between posts..and I realize it wasn't all that long, but anyway, this is what I get for adding that last couple of lines to the end of the last chapter. My whim turned into a two week, two chapter ordeal of trying to work out what happened to Obi-Wan and how they will rescue him. Valairy helped me on this some, with a few thoughts, ideas etc. and I hope everyone enjoys what I came up with. Enjoy this little side trip from the main story!! :D

Chapter 13 "The Rescue of Obi-Wan - Part 1"

Siri gazed at the planet Tagon as she guided their Jedi transport closer into the atmosphere. The report she and Garen had read earlier said the air was thin but breathable, but by the beautiful azure swirls mixed with green, gold and red, it didn't look to Siri as though breathing would be that much of a problem, but she had made sure she had her rebreather with her.

In that same report Siri had also learned that the Kapantu were rocklanders which was across the sea from the Wabura, where the Jedi were headed. The Kapantu original homeland was a rocky, barren part of the planet where they mainly lived on small animals, berries that grew on thistle bushes, and wild homma plants.

Waburans, on the other hand, lived in the greener side of the planet where vegetation was much more plentiful, and pasture animals could be raised for food and other essentials. The two races had historically traded with each other, and many times Kapantuans would come to live with a Wabura, and occasionally a Waburan would live with the Kapantu.

About twenty odd years ago the Leader of the Kapantu, Barak, decided he wanted total rule of the planet, so he brought invading forces and attacked the Wabura. Barak underestimated the Waburans, thinking they would just lay down and be defeated, but Samek, the leader of the Wabura, raised up his army and fought back. At first his was largely a defensive strategy, but over time, he also grew greedy for power and decided he and the Wabura would be the better race to rule the planet. Thus the war became more fierce and bloodier and just about destroyed this part of the planet. The war largely died down over time, reduced to mainly skirmishes and wars of words.

Samek of the Wabura was the first to suggest bringing in the Jedi to negotiate for peace.. Barak had reluctantly agreed.

The transport broke through the atmosphere as it descended toward the Waburan side of the planet. The gorgeous celestial colors of a moment ago were replaced by harsh orange, green and brown land scarred by years of war.

Worry flickered inside her as she searched the surface of the forsaken planet. Somewhere down there Obi-Wan was missing. She reached out with her senses, but could not feel him, not yet anyway. He's not dead, this is not his time, she reminded herself again.

She glanced back at the small med bay in the back. Garen had been busily preparing it for their possible patient. "Possible," she scoffed, "More like probable." She hoped he hadn't been hurt, but knowing Obi-Wan... well, they came prepared.

She guided the transport to the landing bay below, following the coordinates given her by Master Ton'So. She had just landed and was in the process of switching off the controls when she heard a sudden commo

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I like Anakin's dedication to Obi-Wan. It's so like him to hide from Garen and Siri so he could go along on the rescue mission. Looking forward to more.

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    The leader will regret making that vid when Siri and the other Jedi find them.

They should let Anakin loose on them. [face_laugh]

=D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes send Anakin to that place.

Doctors in civil war torn places[face_skull] just like in real places

22. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Love stowaway Anakin, especially his frustration with these two factions. I love that they only have a tiny difference between them, yet they can't see it. I have no doubt that the group of them will be able to find Obi-Wan and figure out what to do about these guys. Great update!

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    This is a cool story... read it this afternoon. I look forward to seeing if the AU pushes the attachment issue early.

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Um, yeah, ok, try being the nice guys (to Obi-Wan) and when that doesn't work, drug the Jedi and then tell the other side! :rolleyes:We're dealing with real smart folks here.

Of course Anakin stowed away; nobody's doing nothing to HIS master!

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Love Siri and Anakin to Obi's rescue! Looking forward to more :D