main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hothlanta Rebels And Georgia 501st IMAX Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hello fellow Georgians! :)

The Hothlanta Rebels (the Atlanta FanForce) and the Georgia 501st will be hosting a special event for the opening weekend of Attack of the Clones at the Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX theater.

The event will take place on Nov. 2nd, and will officially begin an hour before the first showing, which is scheduled for noon, I believe. We plan to remain to entertain the crowds until around 8:00PM.

Right now, we plan to hold impromptu trivia contests for the folks waiting in line for each showing, while our 501st compatriots "patrol" the lobby of the theater to terrorize...er...entertain, moviegoers. ;)

Our special Lucasfilm-endorsed IMAX event website can be found here. It will be updated as our plans are finalized.

The Hothlanta Rebels will be working in shifts, so if y'all come to visit, I'm sure a few of us will be free to go to lunch and/or dinner with whoever joins us. There are plenty of restaurants in and around the Mall of Georgia.

I'm not sure when the bulk of us will be seeing AOTC on the IMAX screen that day, but I will try to let everyone know as soon as we work it out.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Thanks Minacia!!! :D

I'm not sure when we're planning to go, but we'll check (my Dad's my ride so I don't know when he can go...he just recently had surgery)! :)

We're gonna talk about it tomorrow! :D

God bless!

<3-Moose

3. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Are any of the Augusta FanForcers planning on a trip to Atlanta this Saturday?

5. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    No, we weren't able to get that set up, me and Sam can't go because our Dad is our ride and he won't be able to take us! :(

We'll have to come up a different weekend! Sorry!

God bless!

<3-Moose

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Our event was a great success! I wish y'all could have been there!

We got a few mentions on starwars.com, and a few pictures from the event were posted there as well.

To see more pictures from the event, go to HothlantaRebels.com. Once there, you should see a link to our IMAX pictures on the main page. There are lots of terrific shots, and I plan to have our webmistress post a few more soon.

Oh, and AOTC is really cool on the huge screen. :D

7. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Thanks Minacia!!! :D

I'll go look at those pictures! :D

I can't wait!

We're going on the 23rd! :eek:

God bless!

<3-Moose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.