main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Welcome, Brian. Sorry I missed you at the meeting and Apollocon.

2. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    It was cool hanging out with you Brian at ApolloCon

3. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    Totally enjoyed hanging with ya Brian. Sorry we were too pooped to go eat that night. Oh, and I posted on the Legion a request for the Black TK armor. Should hear something soon. Great to have you aboard. We need to get together so I can check out your armor. Hollar at me.

4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Good to see you again, Brian. We'll get you Legion enlisted and hopefully see you more often!

5. Zakk

Zakk Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Looking forward to an August or September meeting. My wife and I live up in the Spring area and have a great time at SW events like in Plano. Member of Star Wars Action News, but never really researched much the local fan forces. It's about time that changed. :)

6. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome, Zakk!

Usually the meetings take place towards the end of the month, so keep an eye on this forum for the plans.

7. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Hi everyone. I just moved to Houston a few months ago from NJ. I used to be a regular in the Lit forum but have not been that active on the boards for a few years. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Maybe I'll check out the meeting some Saturday.
    - Kevin

8. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Welcome in Kevin. We are A great group here. Check the August meeting thread for our next meeting. Hope to see you there.

David
    TD6867
    501ST Trooper

9. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Welcome, Zakk and Kevin! I hope y'all can make it out to a meeting soon.

Zakk, I live up in Spring too.

10. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Howdy Zakk & Kevin ...

11. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    +1

Bienvenidos and Welcome.

12. Zakk

Zakk Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Thanks folks, appreciate it. Looking forward to August 29th.

13. TrizkitXWing

TrizkitXWing Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2009
    Hello All,

I guess I'm a bit late finding out there is a local Star Wars Club in the great city of Houston. I'm micah and im a huge fan of the OT and i enjoy the PT. I just wasnted to say hello and I will be visiting this site from now on.

14. _darkside_

_darkside_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    Hello everyone!
    I have recently moved here from Southern California. I have been a member of the 501st for about a year and a half now. I costume as Anakin (Darth Vader - presuit). I am looking forward to attending one of the upcoming fan force meetings.

15. TK8171

Feb 21, 2009
    Howdy Mike!! Glad you made it aboard man. Hope to see you at our meeting this Saturday at Stag's Head.

16. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Welcome Micah and Mike!

17. KapKrazy

KapKrazy Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2009
    Hello Everyone,
    Im Miguel, I am the organizer for the Spring/Woodlands Star Wars Meetup, I got the invite from Ian(TK1420). I hope to see everyone that can make the meetup at Chi, I do plan on getting some events closer to downtown, maybe an event at last concert, or something. Well, I am stoked that there is another group in Houston, and I look forward to meeting you all at this meet or a future one.

Miguel(Kap)

Star Wars Galaxies Patch 10 was the best game that has ever been made, the CU was a mistake and the NGE destroyed the game.
    Star Wars The Old Republic will hopefully bring back to life one of the greatest communities in video games.
    I Love Star Wars!

18. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Hey Miguel,

Thanks for stopping by. I live up in Spring, so hopefully I can find time to make it to one of y'alls meetings soon. How long have y'all been doing this?

19. Zakk

Zakk Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Awesome, more North siders! Please do keep Erik and me updated. I'm in Spring.

20. deathbytrayitshallbe

deathbytrayitshallbe Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2009
    Hi all! Fellow Star Wars and sci-fi fan checking in. :) I grew up in Houston, moved away for college and work, and am back again after several years of working overseas and then up in New York/New Jersey.

I and my fellow fan are up here in Humble and hope to make it to one of the monthly meetings soon. We're both of the female variety, and a little shy about that as most sci-fi groups seem to be heavily or completely male. From glancing over the November meet-up list, it looks like the Houston group is all male... would it be ok if we came? Y'all seem like friendly, laidback people and it'd be great to meet up with fellow sci-fi fans here in town.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

21. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Come on in for it. A lot of us are 501st members and we do have quiet a few ladies that are active. We are all fans and welcome all to come. Hope you can make it Saturday.

Extra news. Several 501st members will be in the HEB parade Thursday. Look for us.

22. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Welcome aboard!

23. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    deathbytrayitshallbe,

Welcome! Thanks for stopping in to say hi. We have a few frequent female visitors from another local scifi club known as Several Unlimited (severalunlimited.com).

We hope you can make it to a meeting soon.

24. TK8171

Feb 21, 2009
    Hey guys, make sure and stop by. There will be some ladies at this meeting. Anyways, star wars is star wars! That is what we are all about. :)

25. deathbytrayitshallbe

deathbytrayitshallbe Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Our schedules lined up so we'll be there tonight (the Nov. meet-up thread doesn't mention it specifically, but I'm assuming it's still 6:30 at the Stag's Head). Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.