main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have visions of the Empire being the villain again... Who sees this?

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I would rather not see that, at least not in that way. How they use the EU aside, they have a chance to make excellent films - stuff that maybe is not as black and white as the Original Trilogy was. I'd like to see some more nuance myself.

What I truly hope that Disney understands is what I am going to perhaps label the Ostrandervision - this is that the Empire is just as important to Star Wars as Jedi are, as Skywalkers are, as Solo's are, as much as the Sith are. Star Wars without the Empire, to me, ceases to be Star Wars on some small level - such is why I have so much trouble getting into the Old Republic stuff.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I expect that we'll get a retcon that the Imperial civil war in Apocalypse will continue on,and a faction will arise that is in the films, if Episode VII takes place in 45 ABY

4. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So, lets just pretend that Ep 7 is going to adhere to the EU that we know.

What elements of the Empire would you love to see in the new film?

My top selections wouldn't be so much characters, but more subtle things. Bastion getting mentioned for instance. Or an incoming communication from the Chimaera. Kinds throw away lines that reference what we already know and tell us that our support of the franchise over the years has been appreciated.

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not expecting a lot of the EU feature. Three ships were named in the movies, I seem to recall. Bastion maybe. But I also expect our new Sith villain to kill off the Imperial leadership so I don't want to see that happen to Reige.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    The Remnant is the way of the Future.

All should bow before our Precious Majesty!

Robimus likes this.
  7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, last thing I want to see is Reige to pull a Palleon in the movie [face_bleh]

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So there is a possibility that Gilad Pellaeon appeared in TCW this week. Imperial Officer with a mustache #1.

Really no way to confirm this of course.

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I like to pretend that Pellaeon appears at random times in the OT but always manages to just get away before the Rebels blow up whatever ship or moon space station he happened to be on.

But if he actually did appear in TCW, that might actually get me to watch... well, that episode of TCW.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want the Empire as the main villain in the ST but I still want them in it. The Empire is too important in Star Wars to just get rid of it. If it must be gone, I still want to see a Tie-Fighter, an AT-AT and a Star Destroyer.
    I hope Episode 7 opens likes this. We see a Star Destroyer on fire, being attacked by a new enemy, then we pan out to see an Imperial Shipyard being attacked. The Empire tries to warn the Rebels of a new threat but are ignored.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I want to be a member of the Imperial Ruling Council! ;)

Robimus likes this.
  12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I think this was a false alarm. I finally got someone to show me who they saw, because I couldn't see it and thew result is that its a Tarkin model with gray hair imo, not Pellaeon. Just beside Anakin's shoulder.

[​IMG]

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    An Admiral?

14. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey I have a huge fan of the Imperial Remnant and would love to join.

Robimus likes this.
  15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome! You will be intitiated into the ranks in a closed ceremony at the Pellaeon Gardens on Bastion soon :p

In other words your in :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  16. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Awesome. Thank-you!

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    As for the EUC Character of the Year Contest I've been thinking about Imperial possibilies available for selection. Jag Fel, Vitor Reige, Lecersen, Daala, Pellaeon, D'asta, Kir Kanos. Lots of possibilites to be included in the awards game.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Kir Kanos killed Emperor Carivus. I object to him being included! ;)

19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Oooh. Shiny. :p
    As a huge Empire fan, this seems like the place to be.

In all seriousness, though I have yet to read this far into the EU, the snippets I have picked up from the Wook have interested me greatly.

A big hello to everyone. :)

20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey AV!

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome, You've taken your first steps into a larger world.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I got a Royal Guard Tie Interceptor toy this week :) Pretty cool stuff.

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    What is your favorite Tie Fighter?

[​IMG]

24. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I can identify embarrassingly few of those.

Also, 2nd row down, far right... [face_hypnotized] What the what?

25. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I know virtually all of those.

Row 1: TIE/LN starfighter (TIE Fighter), Nsiss-class clawcraft, T.I.E. starfighter (the TIE prototype), Sith Infiltrator, and TIE Advanced x1.
    Row 2: TIE Aggressor, TIE/ad starfighter (TIE Avenger or TIE Advanced), TIE/sa bomber (TIE Bomber), Clutch, and (I don't know, but I believe this one is non-canon).
    Row 3: TIE/D Defender (TIE Defender), TIE/D automated starfighter (TIE Droid), TIE/fc starfighter (TIE Fire Control), TIE/gt starfighter (TIE Targeter), and (I don't know). (TIE Targeter isn't a canon designation, but its better than TIE Ground Targeting)
    Row 4: TIE Hunter, TIE/IN interceptor (TIE Interceptor), TIE Oppressor, TIE/S Sentinel (TIE Sentinel)/TIE Phantom, and TIE/rpt starfighter (TIE Raptor). (The TIE Phantom is from Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire, and the TIE Sentinel is canonically known as the V38 assault fighter)
    Row 5: Scimitar assault bomber, (I don't know), (I don't know), (I don't know, but clearly a TIE Bomber variant), and TIE Vanguard.
    Row 6: TIE Experimental M1 (TIE Bizzaro), TIE Experimental M2 (TIE BigGun), TIE Experimental M3 (TIE Warhead), TIE Experimental M4 (TIE Bomb), and TIE Experimental M5 (TIE Booster). (These make up the TIE Experimental Project from X-wing Alliance.)
    Row 7: TIE/rc starfighter (TIE Reconnaissance), TIE Interdictor, TIE/sr starfighter (TIE Scout)/Lone Scout-A, Y-TIE, and TYE-wing. (The TIE Interdictor is from Galactic Battlegrounds, and the last two are Uglies)

My top five TIE variants are the TIE Defender, the TIE Avenger, the TIE Phantom, the TIE Sentinel, and the TIE Scout, though I am also rather fond of the TIE Vanguard, the TIE Reconnaissance, the TIE Fire Control, the TIE Targeter, the TIE Interceptor, the TIE Bomber, and the TIE Fighter.

Robimus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.