main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The LA Line Starts Here..............

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy Craig, Feb 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Greetings!

Well, things are coming along nicely for the Los Angeles EPII lineup. What was once "StarWarsLine.com" has been modified to LiningUp.net since we don't want to step on any of LFL's toes, and the site should be up and running soon enough.

Our listbot mailing list for coming on board to join the next line is http://episode2.la.listbot.com

Our message boards for the next line are currently at http://pub32.ezboard.com/bliningupnet

Please by all means stop my our boards and join the listbot, and I hope to see some of you in line next spring!

2. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    VC,

Thanks for the info and I'd just like to offer my services right now. My fiance and I live very near the theater and we are both willing to meet and deal with theater management at Graumman's Chinese to make sure they are OK with our plans and we dont step on any toes. I know it wasn't necessary last time down here, but we'll also investigate if we'll need a permit (as the San Francisco line was required tohave one)

3. ObiWanCote

ObiWanCote Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2000
    Kessel,

Just so you don't waste your time, Hollywood doesn't offer permits to camp out on the street. Last time we were allowed to camp there because it was a charity event, like it will be for Episode II.

Also, the Chinese is owned by Mann's now. I'm pretty sure Sid Grumman died some time ago. :p

4. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Permits? We don't need no stinkin permits.

5. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Just checking. It was required for us to do it in San Francisco.

I know it's Mann's now, but my fiance informs me that Graumman's family owns part of the Mann's chain, so :p

6. JohnnyTheClone

JohnnyTheClone Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2001
    Hey does anyone here know of collectors clubs in LA

7. ObiWanCote

Dec 8, 2000
    I stand corrected...I didn't know the Grumman family owned part of Mann's. I can still correct you on the spelling of Grumman though! :-D

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Can you? I would have sworn it was Grauman's or Graumman's but not Grumman's

Anyway, I look forward to seeing all of you out there. If we need supplies to organize our effort (camping equipment, etc.) maybe we should start detailing a list of who has what.

9. Kahunna

Kahunna Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 1999
    Steve, I'm pretty sure that Kessel Runner's right. It was Graummans. Sorry buddy.

10. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    YES! I have been confirmed! :p

11. ObiWanCote

Dec 8, 2000
    Ok, I did a little research...apparently my first source is making me look bad.

The correct spelling is Grauman, as you can see from this picture of the front of the Egyptian... http://www.egyptiantheatre.com/egyptian/tombonnerfoto.GIF

So what I told you was correct, from a certain point of view!

12. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Woohoo!!! We're both right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.