main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Lonely Planet; an rpg of the Force and Earth

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Loupgarou, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The power of the force binds the universe together, far beyond the reaches of the Star Wars galaxy. In a remote corner of existence, the only inhabited planet of a dead solar system is home to a large and growing population of Humans. The planet is called Earth, and has remained in isolation from all other life for unknown ages. Because of this the Humans are not only ignorant of other life-forms, but of the force itself, even as every generation heralds a small amount of force sensitives. Without the guidance of the Jedi or Sith, these powers are either repressed,lost to legend, or covered up, leaving only the faintest traces. But as the technological level of the many Earth societies increased, the community of earth grew closer, and secrets began to grow harder to keep. Though few Sensitives exist at a time on Earth and even lesser amount are aware of their abilities whatsoever, all it takes is one to break the dam. All it takes is one incident, to change everything.

The location is present day earth, and every player is a force-sensitive. You hail from different countries, races, and beliefs, but you all seek understanding. The force is calling out, pulling you towards each other. But beware, there are those who possess knowledge of your abilities, who would do anything to keep them a secret. And up until now, throughout history, they've been successful.

The story will begin with a curious viral video hitting the web, showcasing the fantastic 'psychic' feats of a young man in California. Though most scoff, it has yet to be debunked, and the force sensitives of the world are taking notice. A small internet community of people who claim to have the same abilities has formed, and a meet-up has been planned. Though many will have to cross country lines and perhaps lie a little to get there, it's too intriguing to pass up.

It should be noted there is no Star Wars franchise in this world. There is a franchise that created the same impact and techonological innovations, called Time Rebels, but it has an inter-dimensional theme. Therefore, no one will call themselves jedi, though use of the term 'The Force' may prove more intuitive.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Nationality:
    Appearance
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Level of Force power discovered (some will have only uncanny 'hunches' and such things, while others will have rudimentary physical abilities. No more than that, unless you have a really good reason)

Once enough people have signed up, we can begin. I'll create a character sheet for myself later today.

2. Draco_Drake

Draco_Drake Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2010
    I would quite personally love to play and emailed you a charecter sheet, just one question.
    Would we be having current events, leaders, politics, etc as well.

3. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    I can't understand why this one didn't take off.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    probably because it's done by an unknown, and not presented as well as it could have been.

5. Draco_Drake

Draco_Drake Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2010
    That and he doesn't post back to an interested person.
    Hasn't even responded to my question so maybe he gave up on it.

6. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Yeah I looked, he's got less posts than me... Really good idea though.

7. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Yeah, i gave up on this, sorry i never got back to you Draco, just found this as dead and didn't see the point in getting one person's hopes up.
    I think i'm gonna maybe run it through that thread in the GMing board and get tips on how to present it, and retry this sometime.

8. IamGrapefruit

IamGrapefruit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2009
    maybe someone else can make a new version... i do like the idea.

9. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    when i first saw this post and the opening, i was really, really happy. what a great idea. and then i learned that it had been informally shut down, which made me sad. it's a really good concept, and also reminds me much of NBC's heroes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.