main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena **** the Miami Heat(The official thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I think it's time we had a little talk.

The Heat has proven inside and out, the last several weeks, but this week especially, that it's main purpose seems to be finding more and more clever ways to blow a game in the fourth quarter.

Let's get these guys some sub .500 teams to play, so they can actually regroup and get ready for that inevitable first round one and down.

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    :_| So now they are crying in the locker room.[face_laugh]

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Did anyone see Wade's post game comments? I'm paraphrasing but he said "People are finall getting what they wanted. The Miami Heat are losing games." Get over yourself! :rolleyes:

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well... given that that's exactly what anyone posting here has wanted, and other places, isn't the get over yourselves comment just smidge... hypocritical?

5. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Not really. This is a classic case of the chickens coming home to roost. They worked it to where they got three superstars on the same team, then made a huge spectacle of themselves. Proclaiming themselves champions before the season even started, and bragging about the upcoming 6 or 7 championships they were going to win. Made themselves look like asses in the eyes of fans not Miami based, particular LeBron. So, is it any reason that so many people were cheering them to fall, and fall mightily?

As far as the hypocritical comment, tell that **** to the tourists. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh talked so much noise, and now that things are biting them in the ass, Wade's just making a play for sympathy with a tirade of poor little me/us. I'm not wavering for a second, and he does need to get over himself, man up, and actually get HIS team pulled together and prove all of us, that hate the Heat, wrong. Instead he wants to feel sorry for himself, and his situation. Which, is whatever, if he's going to continue to act this way, he's only proving a lot of us right.

Is it to soon to say this experiment has failed? Yeah, probably, but it sure as hell isn't going to succeed with the gameplay they've put up this season thus far.

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Wade may be the last person to have the right to say anything about the situation they're in. Wasn't he the one who lobbied James and Bosh to Miami? Or at least had a huge hand in it. He didn't have to move from his team, it was his team first. Suck it up, be a leader, and lead them through this and get back on the right track. It's like they expect teams to walk on the court and say "We're going to let you win because that's what you want." No, they are saying "We're going to beat you and embarras you if we can."

It's also like the Heat expect te ball to be magnetically attracted to the hoop everytime they throw it, it's not, it's attracted to their faces. :p

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Via Joe Posnanski:

Heat record against teams with:

Sub-.200 winning pct: 3-0 (20.3 margin of victory)
    .201-300: 11-0 (14.7 margin of victory)
    .301-400: 7-1 (10 margin of victory)
    .401-.500: 8-1 (7.2 margin of victory)
    .501-.600: 11-6 (4.35 margin of victory)
    .601-.700: 4-2 (6.5 margin of victory)
    .700-better: 0-8 (-8.25 point margin of victory)

and:

Record in games decided by 5 points or less: 5-12
    Record in games decided by 15 points or more: 14-3

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've always believed (and have told my brother, the brother who is gaga over LeBron) that Miami is a season (or 2) away from a title....................this recent bad streak of theirs confirms that. They need to be tougher on the court, need a deeper bench, and some size (A LOT of it) in their front court. Boston maybe on their last legs, and Orlando is always a question mark, but Chicago is right there. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they make The Finals. I'm not going to blast Wade so much (he's frustrated after all, is he going to make complete sense now? :p ), but on the whole, I don't feel at all for them/their fans (Miami is probably one of the worst NBA cities around) on this current predicament. They brought upon this themselves by signing there, and by staging that horrible spectacle at the American Airlines Arena to introduce Wade/Bosh/LeBron.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

9. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I'd like to comment on how classy Miami media has been putting the sole blame of the Heat's problems on Bosh. Especially their blatant overlooking of the fact that Wade and LeBron have flat out bricked so many last second shots that would have gotten them wins.

Stay classy Miami.

10. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    To be fair LeBron and Wade have averaged like 30 points a game these last 5 games, so it would seem unfair to blame them entirely for failing in the last few minutes or so.

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=APudEYEVZJQ

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    http://www.didtheheatcrylastnight.com/

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  13. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's priceless.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.