main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The Much Anticipated Busch Gardens Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Since October is under a month away, I thought we ought to kick off discussion about our annual trip to Busch Gardens! When do the Halloween decorations go up there?

So when do we go? Do we carpool? What time?

Just so you know, I'll be staying over the night, so I would prefer this be a saturday event.

Discuss!

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Have fun without me, I have too much happening up here during that most holy of months. [face_devil]

3. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I wanna' go!
    I haven't been to BG in ages and they have a new attraction, Dark Kastle which I'm interested in checking out. Anybody know anything about it?

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Will this be like last year when everyone cancelled except for me and Heather? and I didn't even see Heather there.

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Busch Gardens is a den of evil! Evil, I say! (Which is too bad, considering I was a big fan of the park.)

In our last two encounters with that place last year, it was responsible for a sprained ankle, a crashed car, a flat tire, a dead battery, a case of motion sickness, much scorn, frustration, pain, and a mis-ordered BLT. (Don't ask.)

Be wary all ye who dare visit the Dreaded Gardens!!! Make sure you have lucky talismans and anti-voodoo dolls handy for the trek.

Should have had an anti-voodoo doll last time,
    Yours Truly

P.S. The story of our misery can be found here.

6. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    *Ahem* I would like to state for the record that I did NOT cancel last time. I was merely incapacitated (see above).

7. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, I do plan on going, regardless. I didn't get to go all year, this is my chance. Kory might be with me, not sure, he's not been too inclined to go to themeparks for some reason this year.

The only time I can't do it is the weekend of October 22nd. And possibly another, but dont' know when that is yet.

8. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Target dislikes roller coasters, so it's a huge waste of money for him to go. Not to mention that I'm allergic to the area. I refuse to drive down there ever again. Don't any of you get married or buried in that area, please. But when's the medical oddities museum thing happening?

9. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    If people aren't too keen on going to Busch Gardens, then would King's Dominion be more preferred? Its an easier drive and they do halloween decorations as well.

Hmmmm, something to think about.

10. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm keen on Busch Gardens, and I only cancelled last year because Ken was in the hospital with pneumonia! I'm just not sure what my October looks like yet, on account of now having teenagers to look after, but I'd still be game on going. And I'll ride with you Chrissy! Ken also hates amusement parks, so he probably wouldn't go.

Or Kings Dominion. Though it's not as fun as BG.

11. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Out of curiosity, is there still any interest in this or should we skip it?

12. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    There's always me & the PA Ren Faire.... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.