main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Music Tavern

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    [face_shhh] We won't tell.

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    and we'll call him Tom, to be extra super secret

3. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Ok, it took me two days, but I just read through the whole demotion thread... Tim, I'm really sorry that you were treated that way. After reading it all from a complete outsider perspective, the only concrete reason they had was that they didn't like you, which is completely absurd. I wish I was more timely with this, as I would have said as much on the thread before it got locked. To your credit, you really handled yourself with dignity and grace on that thread, and by contrast made them look even more biased.

That anyone would have to go through something like that is tragic, let alone someone who is as dedicated to this place as you. You are more of a fixture here than teh katsup covered jukebox! I hope you will reconsider your outright exit from the boards, and instead grace us with your wit, wisdom, and yes, at times overly opinionated and sarcastic attitude! That is just part of who you are, and definitely part of what makes you great to interact with, and frankly I would never want you to change!

Also, TLJ, I have to buy you a grog! You had freakin stones, man, and did an awesome job standing up for Stri...

TA

P.S. Did someone say teh jukebox is broken? Geez, I fall asleep for a few years, and the whole place goes to pot!

4. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Er, no. I said something twice and never went back in. I'm cheap like that these days. Yell at them and then run. I've come to hate discussions, of any kind. All I do is try and give people cannon fodder, and even that doesn't work most of the time.

5. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    I really liked your long post, though. I thought you spoke your mind, and didn't tap dance around the real issues.

//finishes grog, orders another//

6. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Strilo gone? Man, that stinks worse than a sulferous, nose-burner of a dog fart. I don't know if you'll read this, Tim, but I'll sure miss you.

Not that it means all that much from a guy who's rarely around, but there it is.

7. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Just caught up on the last 6 months... sorry I've been so in-and-out. Work has been crazy, and it's been hard to find time online once I get home. That should hopefully change now that I've got my shiny new iPad (won it in a raffle, if you can believe it!), and it is easier to just hop on quickly without lugging out the laptop.

So, any of you guys into Dr. Who? My wife and I have been watching it (slowly) together, and are on season 3 of new Who. Just watched the "Daleks in Manhattan" episode last night, but finished it too late to watch the 2nd part. I hate me some cliffhangers, esp when I'm stuck at work!

8. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Even worse... last night, Kelly had to do some design work for a client, so we didn't get to continue. Will the Dalek's win this time? Oh, the suspense!

Consequently, did any of you guys see the leaked intro that Craig Ferguson had when Matt Smith was on? I saw it Here.

//munches on cheese doodles//

9. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I started watching the first episode of... one of the newer seasons, don't even know anymore who played the Doctor

I didn't even make it halfway through. I keep seeing it pop up on the internet, but I just don't get it.

Like Buffy. That was just silly. What the hell, internet?

10. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Buffy wasn't terrible, but not being a tweenage girl, I elected not to watch it.

I do really like Joss Whedon's other work. Firefly is still one of my fav shows of all time, and Dr. Horrible is freakin' genius (especially the DVD commentary for it... Comentary:The Musical!) Not to mention that little screenplay he wrote called Toy Story. Dollhouse was... an interesting idea, well done, and fun. It'd give it a B+. I'm psyched to see what he does with The Avengers movies.

11. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    The man blamed everything, including the score for why Alien Resurrection sucked. Nothing bad about it could be attributed to him.
    I can't take a man like that seriously. He also can't excite me for anything because he hasn't excited me so far.

And, once again, the internet is madly in love with him. Ugh.

12. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Yeah, Ressurection was pretty bad, and a lot of that was from the script. He was fairly young at that point, though. If you haven't seen Dr. Horrible yet, you should at least give that a shot. It is really good (how can you go wrong w/ NPH/Nathan F/Felician Day?), and holds up with repeat viewings...

Also, I just saw an illustrated JoCo video that is AMAZING! It's for "Shop Vac" and can be seen here

(hopefully the link works... I couldn't test it here at work)

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    See, as a gamer I can appreciate anything by/featuring Coulton. He wrote my sig :p

14. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Holy Cow! How many times have I glanced at your sig and not realized it's from Still Alive!?!?!?!?!

Have you been following "The Guild"? I less than three that show!!!

15. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    had to look it up on wiki, never came across it. odd.

16. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    I'd recommend it... the connection was that it was created by Felicia Day, who is the gal singing in "Still Alive." She's a huge gamer herself, and the show is a big love letter to WOW.

Work blows this week. I'm still at work now, 3rd night in a row working past 1800.

Anyone seen anything good recently?

17. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I'm pretty sure Ellen McLain sang Still Alive. I think she talks about it in the game's commentary...

18. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Gotcha... I had seen a video of Felicia Day singing it live w/ JoCo at PAX back in 2008, and had thought that she sang on the orig.

Pretty dead in here. I've been crazy at work (and got yelled at for internet usage), so I hadn't been able to check back in a while. I figured I'd need to be reading a few pages to catch up. Guess not...

Any fun plans for christmas? I'm taking the week after off, and heading to Newport with the family (for FREE!!!! thanks, in-laws!). It will be nice to just veg for awhile...

19. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I'll probably do the same things I did the last few christmasses, listening to the same christmas album and watching the same South Park episodes. I feel as if I'm forgetting something...

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I still have to find something to do that day . . . [face_whistling]

21. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    This thread has really gone down since Tim left. [face_plain]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I would have said something, but that would have been double posting. 8-}