main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The New Jedi Trials Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Ree, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Many an age ago, a light shined throughout the Star Wars Community.
    The Jedi Trials, founded and lead by the great and brave Darth-Horax, shined as an example for many to follow, a beacon of light in a darkened forum.

But Darkness closed in on the forum, and the order. The halls of the temple were closed, the temple demolished. The trials gone ... but never forgotten.

A new Jedi Order arose, a new hope for forum, a new light to shine on the lives of many- The New Jedi Trials.

Welcome, to the second version of New Jedi Trials.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/4f/Padawan_before_the_Council0001.jpg]

The Rules

Joining the Trials:

Membership in the trials is open to any registered member of the Jedi Council Forums provided they are:
    1. Not members of the Acolytes of Darkness or any other dark force-using group within The Jedi Council Forums,
    2. They have not been banned from this game thread by the forum moderators.

There shall be no rule governing a minimum post count established to decide who can and cannot be a member.

Behavioral Expectations:

All members (and invited guests) are expected to remember that this is a game thread. It is most important to have fun. In order for the game to be fun, certain guidelines and rules are necessary to keep the game running smoothly and working well.

1. As this is a game, users are asked to be friendly and respectful of each other.

2. All members are expected to stay active and post regularly when online. These posts should be meaningful and contribute to the game itself.

3. Socializing is acceptable within reason. The Trials should not contain pages and pages of only socializing.

4. When a member is going to be inactive for a period of time, they should communicate this to either their master, the keeper of the Roster or the Council. Members who go inactive without any notification risk being placed on an inactive list or even removal from the Trials if enough time elapses.

Pictures Policy:

For tasks including pictures, please be aware that the Star Wars Community has a limit of four pictures per post. It is strongly suggested that users post their pictures as [link= rather than [image= . That way only the people who want to see the pictures can see them. However, four images in the task itself will be acceptable. [color=green]Spam:[/color] "Hello/Goodbye" type posts are not allowed. That being said, a degree of socializing is acceptable within the game itself. Socializing here and there is fine. However, the majority of posts should relate to the game itself, as this is a game thread and not a social thread. This includes anything relating to Jedi lore and Jedi related things from film, television and games.

Gentle and polite reminders of the "No Hello/Goodbye posts" portion of this rule are acceptable from members of the Trials. However, please leave ALL other handling of spam situation entirely to the SWC mods. If there is an issue with spamming in the Trials, please contact a SWC forum mod.

Membership Levels

Initiate
    No requirements on minimum number of posts. The only requirement to join is:
    1. to post a desire to join in the thread.
    2. To complete the initiate task on p.1 of this thread and any other tasks given by the Grandmaster or a Council Member.

All new members must start off as this rank. Initiates are expected to post in a respectful manner, and are under the direction of the Grand Master.

Padawans
    This rank is given to a member of the trials who has been taken under the wing of a higher ranking member of the trials for training. The promotion from Initiate to Padawan can be done only with permission of the Jedi Council (or Grand Master if no Council has been established) who may choose to give up to three initiation tasks before allowing promotion. Padawans are expected to post in a respectful m[/link]

2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    The Jedi Temple

The Room of A Thousand Fountains

[image=http://hidefwallpaper.org/wp-content/gallery/jungle_wallpaper_07/tropic-jungle.jpg]

The Room of a Thousand Fountains is a large greenhouse located at the base of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It contains waterfalls and huge amounts of flora, meditative areas, pottery, and stone walkways. The chamber serves as a meditative retreat for the members of the Jedi Order while staying in the Temple. This is the place where all forms of mental and physical well being is nurtured and cleansed through a close connection with the flow of nature.

Located at the base of the Jedi Temple's northwestern side, this room is a seven story tall green house and natural sanctuary with a floor space of 500 squared meters. The main entrance to the chamber consists of a short passage behind huge wooden doors, emptying onto a platform from which several stone and dirt paths diverged. The winding paths cut through large displays of exotic foliage from across the galaxy making up small forests that the entire room. Small bridges cross streams that flowed from the small waterfalls dotted around the giant room. Benches line the paths, encouraging meditation and reflection. Fountains can be heard trickling from anywhere in the chamber, along with the roar of the waterfall at the room's center. Some fountains are concealed by the shrubbery, but others are brilliantly displayed in the center of stone walkways.

The chamber also has a large collection of lighting banks that disguises the ceiling as an outdoor sky. The combination of light and canvas creates the illusion that the room is a completely separate environment from the world outside the Temple. Beyond the canvas is a system of catwalks and ramps which allows caretakers and servicemen to move about unseen amongst the lighting and atmospheric control banks.

[image=http://th09.deviantart.net/fs31/150/i/2008/203/c/c/Room_of_a_Thousand_Fountains_by_turin_the_forsaken.jpg]

Along with its use for meditation some Jedi can go to this room for lightsaber practice.

The Jedi Councils will sometimes meet in the chamber due to its serenity.

There is also a display room for the tokens of thanks and appreciation given to the Temple by planetary governments over the history of the Republic. Gifts in the form of foreign flora are often sent to the Order and placed in the chamber. A bust of the original founder of the Jedi Trials, Darth-Horax, sits on small pedestal in one of the garden beds.

Paradox Chambers

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e2/Telos_council_chamber.jpg]

A octagon shaped room located within the Tranquillity Spire, similar in size to the Jedi Council chambers on the old Dantooine Enclave it can hold 10 students and 2 teachers for a total of 12 people at once, but will be used more often in one on one or two-on-two teaching sessions.
    The seats line the outside walls as to make room for any hologram projections, however the middle of the room can also be used for meditations as it is a room designed for the mind. The overall appearance of the room is modest, as to prevent distractions.
    The purpose of the room is meant for the master to test the mind of his/her student, to show them that while a Jedi is gifted, they are not all powerful and should remain humbled to the galaxy and those that reside in it. The master will present different paradoxes and riddles to be "solved" by the student so both they may learn such a lesson and draw closer to the Force as a result.

The Jedi Archives

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/96/Jedi_archives.jpg]

The Jedi Archives, located in the Tower of First Knowledge, represents the sum total of the Jedi Order's knowledge, gathered over its 25,000 year history, and contains more information than any one Jedi could ever hope to learn. Still, knowing one's way around the Archives is an i

TAO TAE likes this.
  3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    First post! :p

Everything's looking great, Ree! Awesome job. :D

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I know I'm probably not allowed to post in here but meh. I just wanted to say how brilliant those first couple of posts are! The best introduction to a NJT I have ever seen and I was here before the Jedi Trials got shut down. It wasn't partly my fault they got shut down, [face_worried] honest [face_worried].

Anyway all the best, and I hope that you get all the padawans those posts deserve. :)

5. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks JK! I have to admit I'm quite proud of those posts :p I shan't banish you :D

Thanks to you too QGR! Can't wait to play this version!

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Actually it was JK's fault that the old trials got shut down... I remember that very well:p

Good to see that the trials are still active. Makes me wonder whatever became of Horax[face_worried]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    He pops in every now and then, reminisces about the old days, then disappears again.

8. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the link, Master. Ree, this doesn?t mean that I have to start my apprenticeship over, does it?

9. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Nice touch with the pictures of the rooms we designed.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This is a continuation of the old thread, so everything is still intact. ;)

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    No problem, and nope, it definitely doesn't.

12. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *sighs* in relief. Oh thank the Force.[face_blush]

13. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    Well done Master Ree, I was wondering when this was going to happen. It's about time our temple got some character and I'm very proud to be part of it. It's good to see old faces like JK and Windu still care about this place, even if they aren't around much any more. I will have to read through the opening posts tomorrow as it's pretty late here and I can barely keep my eyes open.

In the meantime, I'd like to take it upon myself to christen the new temple. Everyone, raise your glasses to the new Jedi temple, and our order! *raises glass*

14. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *raises glass* well done Ree.

15. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    *chinks glass*

Thanks, I want to make this a place people are proud of :D

We've just moved house that's all, and all the new rules and game play apply- I'm so excited to see how it will work out!

Now I must restart my lightsaber training!

16. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    I've just finished reading the opening post, and I want to say well done Master Ree. As a long-time member of the Trials, I have to say it is good to see we have a Grand Master who cares so much about the Trials and it is an honor to have someone like yourself at the top. The temple feels a lot more real now, thanks to everyone who worked on it. I have a very good feeling about our future as an Order.

*Bows* Master Ree.

17. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Wow so much praise ARC you're making me blush :p But I am very happy to hear it!

Though, other Trials that have started anew have had a larger explosion of activity than this one :(

18. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    Well, it's not bad considering we don't have that many active members at the moment, you can't blame yourself for that. I think we should encourage all our members to put a link to this thread in their sigs, advertise us a bit. :p

Actualy, I take that back, you can blame yourself. I just noticed you don't even have the link in your sig. :eek:

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I've had people *coughs* Shira *coughs* that have PMed me inquiring what the NJT was though, so if they are truly interested, they will ask so long as you have it at least mentioned in your sig.

I think we may need to just look for members instead of simply advertising. :p

20. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Oops! I must rectify that.

We can ask for everyone to put it into their sig but we wont make them :p

And with getting people to join, you have to be careful not to pressure them or annoy them too much or they can lodge a complaint. But if you tell someone about it and they seem interested that's fine :)

21. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Good, for a second there I thought I'd have to rejoin this thing. [face_laugh]

22. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    It's so beautiful!:_|
    Anyway, brilliant job Ree! Also, do you think you could explain to me the concept of 'British speech pattern' to me? I've been told that I have one:confused:

23. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Rohan!

Well, ARE you British? If so, British Speech pattern means you're just speaking English :p

@ dewback: Nah we wouldn't do that!! It's just the same as the SWC Cantina and the Star Wars Name Game threads having multiple versions...

24. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    That's the weird thing; I'm not, I'm from Ohio in the not-so-good USA.:p I've only been to the U.K. once in my life and it was for 3 weeks tops.

25. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Hey! I'm from Ohio too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.