main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Next Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Hello Fellowship, I am back. My old computer died last week and I was left computerless as Gwen explained. I am somewhat dissapointed, I was hoping to come back and see alot of new names and faces but I guess all the flyers I passed out did no good. I can't believe that between 3 stores that gave me permission to put flyers there we had not one response. Well onto the next meeting, I think that Sunday the 20th would be a good date to have it. We had last said a cookout would be good, But with the weather being kinda crazy lately we could switch it to a group movie followed by Perkins. If anyone wants to volunteer their house for the cookout or would prefer to do the movie/dessert, or has a different idea please share your thoughts. :)

2. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    That's Easter. Won't be able to make it. Next weekend is good for me though. 12th, 13th.

3. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    You're right, it's sad that we haven't had any responses yet from the flyers.. But we can't give up so easily. Perhaps we should just be a bit more agressive, and apply our communal knowledge of marketing and attack the proper crowd with our propaganda. Did you try toy stores? Movie Stores, and Rental Places? Gaming places? I feel a bit sheepish trying to be the motivator here, and I never got a chance to make any flyers. But when I do I'll hit the downtown beat! *grins demonically..* Those people down town haven't a chance between me and the Jehova Witnesses...
    ~~~~~~
    Eek, I think Easter would be a very bad day to hold the meeting, hombre.
    I wouldn't mind hosting a cook out sort of thing, if we ever get to do such an activity in the near future! If we did something in my area, we could even go to Island Park, the city recently re-painted the bandshell, and put in grills in the picnic areas. And for those of us who are slightly more childish (*sheepish grin*) there's this great water-works thing that spews water all over the palce. Just a thought, and I'd still have to have family approval for something like that. Pooey.

4. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I apologize, I didn't realize it was Easter. Well I won't be able to do anything the weekend after Easter because I will be seeing Pearl Jam in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Right now May 4th is looking like the best day for the cookout and it definetely will be warm by then. It would also give your family plenty of notice Sarah. Thank you for volunteering your house, I think it is awesome because you are the most centrally located of everybody. What does everybody think of May 4th for the cookout?

5. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    The 20th is out for me, family plans for Easter.

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    How about this...Since Easter is coming up this weekend and then I will be out of town the following weekend, We will postpone the cookout for a later date. Then when we decide on a date that is good for everyone, I will host the event at my house and since I live further south I can invite the Cincinnati group to join us and make it a joint FF event. What does everyone think of that idea? :)

7. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    That sounds good to me Sean, I think it's a great idea. I think the Cincy/N.Ky FF would be more than willing to do something like this.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I would say yes only if Jedimuke's girlfriend brings the chicken salad!! :D

9. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea. I can bring cupcakes, or something! I just have a problem of getting there. :( Would anybody else be willing to tote me along? I can fit in the trunk!

10. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I agree with the idea posted by Sean dated the 14th. If Jedi Junkie needs a ride and lives in Dayton I can help you out, let me know where you live and Ill see if its doable.

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, thanks for the offer PADA, I'll PM you my address and such when the plans for this meeting are more solid. I might not need a ride after all if some things bode well for me.
    Has anyone decided on a decent date for this get together? Since Sean said he'll be out of town next weekend, I was thinking maybe Saturday May 3rd? Would that be all right with everyone? I'm a bit anxious for our next meeting, and a chance to meet people from the Cincy Fan Force. :D

12. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    *cough*bump*cough*

13. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Hey so when is the next meeting?

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, GREAT question!! I've been wondering that very thing myself for over a month now, I believe. I think part of the problem that we haven't had a meeting for a while is that so many of us were busy with other things, and no one has really posted in a while. I hope this changes, though!

15. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I am still planning on hosting a joint Fanforce cookout at my house, But right now I don't have hardly any free time. I am having to work weekends for the next couple weeks, then I have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks. I think it will have to be early in june. I get the feeling like everyone is waiting for me to make a anouncement on what we are doing and when. The entire point of starting this Fellowship was so that everyone would be equal and that it wouldn't revolve around 1 person's likes and dislikes and time table. I know I am busy during the summer with concerts, ballgames and work and it's totally cool if someone else makes a decision and posts it. I will attend as many meetings and activities as possible, and plan as many as I can. But what is great about this Fellowship is that we all have equal power, yes I know I am the city rep...The main reason I accepted this title when you all nominated me was to ensure that nobody would be elected that would compromise the foundation this Fanforce was built on. As of right now the Matrix is the only concrete thing on our plate. If any of you get a good idea or want to do something go ahead and post it, don't worry about checking it with me. May the Force be with you all. :)

16. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, you're right, aren't you? We all are suppose to be equals, so the Fellowship was birthed... I think though, none of us want to come forth with solid decisions because we'd feel like we're overstepping some boundary of power? I know I feel that way..

A while back, in one of the first three meetings someone mentioned something about titles beyond City Rep. I think we should bring this into play if/since our City Rep, and Leader (as I believe most of us see him as) becomes overwhelmed with his life, job, family, and this FanForce. If we were to have perhaps something along the lines of a Second in Command I believe we could function much smoother.
    This proposed SiC could organize gatherings, and bring ideas to the table. He could also be a medium between the members of the FanForce to express a general feeling for the club's environment. This person could also do any number of jobs needed as the FanForce grows in number, but I think the general need for the person would be to help alleviate duties from Sean, and help make us more active. As a FanForce I think we could easily nominate someone we feel is appropriate for the position.

This is just an idea, and I'm not sure if I conveyed my thoughts well (it always sounds great to yourself!), and if we feel this club hierarchy is against the whole fellowship idea maybe we could find some other solution.

17. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    *bump* -- Just a little peer pressure..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.