main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Non Star Wars Fanfiction - Role Playing Forum Writing Challenge - VOTE TIME

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by The_Writing_Olympics, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Writing_Olympics

The_Writing_Olympics FF-RPF Contest Sock VIP - Game Host

May 9, 2008
    ***The Non Star Wars Fanfiction - Role Playing Forum Writing Challenge***

[image=http://www.gildedquill.net/Graphics/Gilded_Quill.gif]

Greetings writers from around the boards! It is the distinct pleasure of the Roleplaying and Fanfiction Moderating Teams to offer to our communities, and the Jedi Council Forums, the Non Star Wars Trans-forum Writing Challenge. It is our profound hope that this friendly competition increases the dialog between writers here, bringing our mutual hobbies closer together and inspiring a feeling of excellence among us.

Fanficcers and RPers alike, step right up and show us your talents!

Act I: The Challenge

The challenge will take the form of a collaborative vignette challenge (RPF: equivalent to a combine post). Contestants will be assigned a random partner from the other forum (that is, forming RPF-FF pairs), and together they will write a story of 2000-8000 words. Teams may do it in any way they choose (round-robin, co-writing, etc) but ideally each member of a team should contribute equally.

The prompt will be given out after signups are complete. Any fandoms permitted in the NSWFF are allowed, which means no original fiction - sorry! Star Wars crossovers are also not allowed, as this is a non-Star Wars competition.

There will be one week alloted for sign-ups, four weeks for writing the entry, and two weeks for the JC to vote on the winner.

Act II: The Participants

Anyone interested may participate, with one unfortunate caveat: by the nature of this contest the participants from FF and RPF must be of an equal number. Thus if there are more participants from one forum than another, the corresponding last few signups will not be able to participate. We will do our best to get even numbers to ensure that nobody misses out, but we can't guarantee anything, so sign up early!

You do not actually need to be a RPF or FF regular to participate. Simply pick a side, sign up, and you're in. :D

Signups will last until 28 January 2010. At the end of the signup week, we will randomise the signup lists and inform the participants of their partners.

Act III: The Submission

The teams will have four weeks to write their entries - until 25 February 2010. At the end of the writing period, all teams are to PM their entries to the competition sock, The_Writing_Olympics, to allow for their writings to be randomized and anonymous to achieve complete impartiality. (Please have only 1 person submit for each team, or it'll be confusing.) Their entries will then be posted in the neutral, 3rd party "Census and Games" board.

Act IV: The Judgment

The winner will be decided by a popular vote to the competition sock, The_Writing_Olympics. Everyone (RPFers, FFers, non-affliated JCers) are all allowed to vote, though sock checking will be strictly enforced. Users will PM to us their top three candidates - the one awarded first will get 3 points, the one awarded second will get 2, and the one awarded third will get one. The voting period will last two weeks, until 11 March 2010.

At the end of the voting period, the contestant with the highest amount of points wins!

ACT V: The Reward

Both members of the winning team will get colours for 1 week. If there are many participants, there may also be rewards for 2nd and maybe 3rd places. The winners will also receive the title of "Best Writers in the JC" and The Golden Quill Award!. The title and award will last until the next competition between the boards, a minimum of three months. Further rewards to the writers themselves will be granted by their respective mods. Ticker-tape parades, holidays, it's all possible here.

ACT VI: The Epilogue

And that's it, good users! Hopefully this explains all you need to know about the contest. Feel free to PM any of the Mods associated with this if you have any questions. And we hope you'll consider writing for thi

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Sounds like fun!

1. LilyHobbitJedi

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Sounds like fun. Plus, I can't pass when there's a possibility of receiving "Best Writer of the JC" [face_laugh]

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean

5. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    I can't say I have completely understood how this is supposed to work, but it sounds like fun:D

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7

6. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I will bury all of you!

Er, that is to say, what a great idea, folks! :p

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter

7. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Why not? Something different.

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Basically, you'll be paired with an RPF person and the two of you will co-write a vignette :)

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm probably insane to sign up for this LOL, but we cannot let there be more writers from the RP boards, can we?

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007
    7. Alexis_Wingstar

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007
    7. Alexis_Wingstar
    8. Jade_eyes

11. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007
    7. Alexis_Wingstar
    8. Jade_eyes
    9. Takianna

12. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Ah, why not. I accept the challenge.

1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007
    7. Alexis_Wingstar
    8. Jade_eyes
    9. Takianna
    10. Jedi-Ant

13. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    1. LilyHobbitJedi
    2. LightWarden
    3. Ceillean
    4. GeneralKenobi7
    5. Exeter
    6. madman007
    7. Alexis_Wingstar
    8. Jade_eyes
    9. Takianna
    10. Jedi-Ant
    11. RX_Sith

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, sign ups are over, and they have one less than us... two if you count the one who just posted over there that they'll have to drop out. That's a bummer. I'd hate to see anyone left out.

15. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh. Bummer.

Well, you can scrub my name off, since I came into the game later than most.

If you do this again I'd love to participate. :)

Ant.

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    We will do our best to get even numbers to ensure that nobody misses out, but we can't guarantee anything, so sign up early!

Hmm... there are two people out on this, and there are two RP mods... mayhap we can convince them to participate? [face_batting]

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    or someone could come over to the RPF... ;)

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Signups are, as you guys have noticed, closed. We'll announce teams asap.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Um, I know this may be too late, but so no one will be left out, I'd be willing to go over to the RPF side.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You make it sound like the dark side. :p

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [Face_Laugh] Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

EDIT: Silly typos :p

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, teams have been made and everyone is playing :) Your teammate will be PMed to you.

Get crackin'! :D

23. The_Writing_Olympics

The_Writing_Olympics FF-RPF Contest Sock VIP - Game Host

May 9, 2008
    The prompt is "Write about an excursion to a market/trading establishment of your choice".

That is, a trip to a mall.

Enjoy, people. :D

24. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i think he may have been talking about me alexis.:p

interesting prompt... especially with the fandom we may be running with. should be interesting.

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Interesting prompt, indeed... [face_thinking] Hmm. **ponders this**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.