main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** The Official*** Across the Stars MTV video- what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I'm glad they didn't put too much new stuff in it.

The scene in the beginning was awesome, very Obi-Wanish. And whoever said they changed the Jedi's sabers on the gunship was right. Also, the scene with Anakin talking to the Jawa, shot from far away, has been redone in terms of the special effects.

I'd give it 7 out of 10, but if I had wanted a lot of new footage it would have gotten a 2.

Also, people have said that "Across the Stars" is the name of the video, which is a mix of the songs, but not of the Love Theme itself. I haven't bought the soundtrack so I can't confirm this.

2. King of all Jedi

King of all Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm only hearing the video and not seeing it.

I try to view it both IE and Netscape with the latest version of Quicktime.

How can I fix it?

3. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Just saw it off the official site. Very nice. :D

4. The_Mighty_Chewbacca

The_Mighty_Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Over in the spoiler version of this thread some people have got a copied version and digitaly enhancing it. **Don't go to the thread, there are spoilers in it** When they are done I'll ask them to post a link to the site with the enhanced video over here. Hope they do it cause the OS version sucks.

5. King of all Jedi

King of all Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks Chewy.

Every single time I try to view Quicktime content at TOS, it screws up somehow. It really pisses me off.

6. The_Mighty_Chewbacca

The_Mighty_Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    It might be a couple hours maybe less, I don't honestly know. Those guys working on uping the quality and finding fast servers to host it.

7. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    BOOM ENJOY AND MAKE MIRRORS HERE!

Thanks to EricZBA and MYSELF!

GO HERE!

8. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    You can vote for this song on the TRL webpage that was linked on page four. I recommend that you take a few seconds and vote.

9. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
  10. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I LOOOOOVVVVVVED the beginning line of the music video, where Obi-Wan is in the bar and mind tricks the guy trying to sell him "death sticks'".

"You want to go home and rethink your life."

"I want to go home and rethink my life."

I was laughing sooooo hard!!! That's great! I hope the rest of the movie is like that! Other then that though, Lucas was reluctant to show us much new... .oh well, more to see on opening day!!! :)

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    So it's not spoiler heavy then? :)

12. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I don't believe Across the Stars is the name of track 2 as many believe.. It's just the name for this video and suitable since it's a mixture of all the tracks. The love theme isn't ATS... it's just The Love Theme. It's a misconception.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's an interesting point because on the soundtrack, track 2 is named: Love Theme from Attack of the Clones.

14. EagleImagery

EagleImagery Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2000
    Really?

It doesn't call it Across the Stars?

It did in the soundtrack listing at soundtrack.msn.com (or whatever official place had the soundtrack listing)!

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Omi-Lin, I was rolling at that! [face_laugh]

That was awesome!

Yes, I noticed that about the Love Theme. Why is it being called Across the Stars, then? Where did that come from?

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Tedakin has a good explanation a few posts up.

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Ahh, I misread that post. Makes sense, thanks.

18. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...i love the way the death stick guy twirls the stick away magically...little things like that make me so happy...this film is going to be so fly...

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Absolutely! It's going to rock.

I was sitting there watching this video, and the whole time I'm thinking, "Oh my, this is the most awesome thing I've ever seen. I can't wait!"

20. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I agree, the death sticks part was the greatest! HAHA. The rest was old footage, so I wasn't really amazed. I heard the song before too, so overall, I wasn't too taken aback by the it.

21. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Aren't there any MOV mirrors out there? Everyone seems to want MPEG and WMV.

These formats don't work propery on my computer. If anyone has the MOV version, could you please PM me the link?

:)

22. FOX1973

FOX1973 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    Little piece of trivia...

The 'death stick' guy was the young guy in the Matrix movie, UK (and Oz) viewers will know him from crap Australian soap opera 'Home And Away'. He's sure not doing too badly nowadays!

23. Dionysus

Dionysus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    I have to say that this video has gotten more excited for AOTC than anything else so far, though I'm not sure why. This is the most I've heard of Williams' score, and I'm very impressed. It already seems to be head and shoulders above the TPM music. Was the theme that played over most of the video, and all of the last minute or more, the Love Theme? It was quite moving, I thought.

The Obi Wan 'death stick' scene was hilarious. It's very George to figure out a way to discourage kids from smoking while also building Obi Wan's character. And I'm glad that this was the only new glimpse we got - I've seen almost more than I would like to see at this point. After watching the trailers and commercials and now the video so many times, I'm starting to piece together how the different scenes are probably connected - which I'd rather not do. Oh well. I can't help myself. ;)

24. Darth_Darren

Darth_Darren Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    I don't like the deathsticks thing. Kinda cheesy.

25. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    In no way is that part cheesy...it shows how "cool" Obi-Wan is, and Lucas is clearly sending out a message to kids:

SAY NO TO DEATHSTICKS.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.