main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Conquest discussion thread! (Spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LawgSkrak, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    I actually don't want Anakin to fall to the dark side. Maybe Jacen though :)

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    No luck today. None of the stores I tried had even recieved their shipments yet!! :(

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    sometimes bookstores say that and they really have the book in the back. Or they might not have received shipments. If the books are in the back, they can't let people buy them til the official street date. Its pure torture when you can't get a book until the release date, especially when you haven't had a book for several months. Only a week away now!

(By the way, I do not work in a bookstore, its really just a theory about bookstores.)

4. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Nah, they hadn't even gotten the shipment yet, and it wasn't even in the store's warehouse!!

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    sometimes bookstores say that and they really have the book in the back. Or they might not have received shipments. If the books are in the back, they can't let people buy them til the official street date. Its pure torture when you can't get a book until the release date, especially when you haven't had a book for several months. Only a week away now!

(By the way, I do not work in a bookstore, its really just a theory about bookstores.)

6. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I found a tiny independent online bookstore that had it, and I ordered it with next day shipping. Ooooohhhh I am so excited!!

7. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
  8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Hmm, let's see if mine even ships first. Place hasn't even sent me a confirmation e mail yet. But here's the address: http://www.booksinc.net

9. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
  10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    You're welcome.

Please let it come, please let it come, please let it come!!!!!!!!!

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, I finally got my order confirmation.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Scan the whole book and post it here when you get it. Thanks.

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Haha, very funny, Wedge. That would take like, too long. By the time I finished it would be April 3.

14. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    I'll just settle for your word when it arrives.

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    If I get it I'll try to write some kind of summary.

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Whatever tickles your pickle.

17. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I did work in a bookstore. Sometimes a book can arrive as much as a month earlier, but ussually those are the big name authors. And Harry Potter books like 5-6 weeks. When number 4 came out we had like 2 pallates worth sitting around for more than a month. In my experience hardcover SW books arrive a 2-3 early, and paperback arrive 7-10 days before release date. Which is illegal to break. When Vector Prime first came out I read it 2 weeks before the release date, well not the whole book I wasn't allowed to leave the back room with it. So I read it on break.

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I think I have to wait until after the release date. Probably right after Easter is when I'll get it. I'll probably get mine at B.Dalton. I have a book club membership and am only a few $ away from having my punchcard worth $5 toward my next purchase...I'll plan to use that for Rebirth :D

(Sorry for the double post earlier, I had gotten some weird error and then after refreshing the page, got a message that my post had been posted.)

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I guess Conquest is now out. Anyone have it yet?
    Rebecca191- Have you gotten yours yet? How is it? Enlighten us please!

20. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    Conquest is a PB, right?
    I can't afford HCs because they're over $40 in Canada :(

21. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    It's possible mine may come today, but I don't have it yet. :(

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I hate waiting. Sometimes I will order a book through the school librarian and I will just become a living personifaction of the word *annoying* Hee Hee Hee. Every time I see her I ask:
    Is it in yet?

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Agh, this is torture waiting!!!!!!!! :_|

24. PuppetMaster42

PuppetMaster42 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2000
    I use to work receiving for a Borders in New York. Unless it was a laydown, we would put it into the bins and the floor staff would put it out onto the floor. A laydown is a book that has an absolute street date. If you sell it before that you can get into a lot of trouble. Harry Potter was a good example of that. The new John Grisham is another. This way everyone has the same chance of selling the book. It's suppose to level the playing field. Especially for paperbacks, I would get them about 10 to 14 days before the release date. I would just shove them into the bins and let the floor deal with it. I had a list of what could NOT be sold until a certain date. The person we had in the science fiction section was a shelving fiend so a lot of fans knew that they could find stuff in our store earlier than other stores because of the floor staff.
    Conquest is out there. I have seen it in New York.
    PM42

25. Jedi_Cosmos

Jedi_Cosmos Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2001
    Yeah, I worked at B. Dalton for a day for school (we had to find a job for a day and write a huge report on it) so it was the same time Rogue Planet was about to come out (there was like a week left) and my friend and I went to the back room to get some water, and sign out for a half hour break, when I noticed a huge stack of books that all just happened to be Rogue Planet....I went crazy cuz it would have been rude if I sat down and started reading it (my friend's mom works there so I didn't want to do anything to make a bad impression...as my friend kept reminding me) :_|

When the publishers send the book in early and give a later release date, the bookstores have it (and I get it, just like I got Harry Potter 4 a week early), but when the publishers send it the day before, the peeps at the bookstores have to wait till the next day to release it, which is unfortunately what is happening at the stores around me :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.