main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Official** Fate of Padme Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ObiMcD, Aug 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Agreed. I think Nute's continuous attempts on Padmé's life are too much to overlook. They serve no purpose unless he is eventually able to pull it off in one way or another.

2. Jedi_Master_Radagast

Jedi_Master_Radagast Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    The question has been asked, "Why do people think that Anakin will kill Padme?, it doesn't seem to make sense".

The answer to that stems from a remark that Lucas himself made a while ago in which he indicated that the prequels will be very similar to Shakespeare's Othello.

Now many recognize that the original trilogy is very much a mirror of Shakespeare's Hamlet. I will be happy to elaborate if anyone wants more information.

As to Othello. The title character who deeply loves his wife, Desdemona is driven to a mad rage (the dark side) because of a jelously implanted in his head by an unknown enemy (Palpatine / Iago). In his rage, Othello kills his wife, thinking she is unfaithful, ultimately leading to his own demise (suicide). In this case, the demise is Anakins fall to the darkside and death (transformation into Vader).

That, is why many people believe that Anakin will kill Padme.

3. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I don't think Lucas would go that morbid. Sure he said the movie would be dark but he never said he was going to make it on the level of a Shakespearen tradegy. There are still young children who are watching this, and he knows that of course. His audience restricts what he can/cannot do.

IMO, of course. :)

4. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I agree that Padme's death doesn't have to really be onscreen. I've always thought that the PT would end with a double screen scene with Padme holding Leia on Alderaan while Beru is holding Luke on Tatooine. Padme Skywalker can survive Episode III.

But then again, if Leia says Padme dies when she was very young then we should know that Padme's fate lies in Leia's words to Luke....

5. jedimastertess

jedimastertess Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    i think dooku kills padme. this is how anakin turns to the dark side. he finds out dooku kills her, kills dooku and becomes palpy's apprentice. it's just like the plan in episode 6. emperor wanted luke to kill darth and luke becomes his apprentice. if the idea worked before, palpy would use it again, that's why he did it in episode 6. of course, we all know he failed.

6. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    i remember reading the issue of time magazine with yoda on the cover and in it they asked George how Ankin turns and he said domething to the extent of " he gets greedy, he can't let go of his mom he can't let go of his girlfriend..." well we already know what happened to his mom so cleary Padme will die to make his turn to the dark side complete, he wouldn't turn if she were still alive. As for the twin timeframe i'm not sure how that will work out but probably they'll be separated at birth and padme will raise leea for a couple of years and then be killed

7. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    I think Padme would get killed by the Empire, or she would kill herself to avoid Imperial capture.

8. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I am still really unsure whether or not Padmé will be killed in Episode III. Leia remembers her, so we'd assume that she was at least four to five when Padmé died, because I think that's when people's earliest memories normally are. Then again, with Leia having the Force, her memories may be Force-heightened, so Padmé could die just after giving birth to the children. But if that were so, Luke should remember her as well. There are a few points for both sides of the argument.

9. Leah

Leah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2003
    I have thought long and hard about the fate of Padme. When I first started watching the Original Trilogy, I often wondered what happened to Luke and Leia's mother. Then when TPM came out, I was eager to find out how she looked like, who she really was. Now that Episode 3 is being made, I am starting come up with my own ideas on what her fate is.
    In my previous posts, I have said that I don't think she is going to die in Episode 3, but now I am not so sure. I used to think that she died giving birth to the twins in Episode 3, (this was after I saw TPM and I was much younger) but then I thought no that wouldn't make sense because Leia new her when she was really little and Luke didn't.
    Of course there are some other theoroies. Like for instance, Anakin kills her. Now I don't think Anakin kills Padme. Sure he's going to the Darkside, but he loves her way too much. I mean why would he kill her? He has not reason or motives to kill her. If he killed her, than he would kill Luke and Leia. Unless he kills her after she gives birth.
    I've also heard of some theory where Padme pushes herself off a cliff or something like that. Now why would she do that? That would tell us that she's weak, and she's not.
    If she is going to die in Episode 3, the theory that I agree with is your theory, ObiMcD. When I was watching ROTJ a few days ago, I thought that maybe Vader does want to loose his son like he lost Padme because of the force lightning. Seeing Luke rolling around in pain might've made Vader remember how Padme died from it. Of course that's just a theory. We won't know for sure until Episode 3 hits the big screen, and sadly that'll be the last STAR WARS movie. :_|

10. anakin867

anakin867 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    i agree with obimcd.. i wanna know what happens but i don't think she'll get killed by palpatine.. who knows she could die giving birht to luke and leih (if she evn is their mother) i really don't know but i would be dissapointed if i couldn't see what totally hapened ;)

11. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    Anakin killing Padmé? Big no! Heh, it'e been explained well by many people why I think this.
    Padmé killing herself? She's too strong, and she has a lot of pride and is very courageous. I personally think she'll be fighting to the end.
    I have a theory. . . Naboo isn't mentioned at all in the original trilogy. . . (outside of the movie, it was for obvious reasons :p) Well, I think that maybe they blow Naboo up with the first Death Star, and Padmé was on it. She may have left Leia on Alderaan while she went on a dangerous mission. I can't have been the only person who has conjured up that idea. Maybe I have my 'Death Star timeline' messed up :p.

P.S. How do you make threads *Official*?? I have an idea for one that I haven't seen talked about yet. . .

12. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I saw an interview with Lucas & he stated that Jar Jar & Padme survive Episode III. Also that Padme will be in the new Episode IV, V & VI Ultra Editions.... as she's a master of disguise. Lots of scenes for the Ultra Editions will be shot during Episode III shooting.

13. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    The more angry Anakin becomes the more powerfull he is. In CLONES Dooku easily over powers Anakin. I think in Episode III, Dooku will strike Padme with force lightning, thus enraging Anakin, Anakin will mop the floor with Dooku & Padme will survive....

14. Sabe_1

Sabe_1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    I also think that Padme will survive Ep3 due to the fact that Leia remembers her so must have been 3 or 4 years old- and I dont think the film will spand over a long time.

I think that Palpatine is after Padme (for some reason to do with Anakin), so for the childrens saftey she puts them into hiding, after advice from Obi-wan.
    She sends Luke to the Lars, and Leia to Bail whom offers Padme a place to stay at Alderan; so she can visit Leis.

Then after the film the audience is left wondering;
    Did Padme leave the children there permentally because she was scared they would be killed if people knew they were Vader's children.
    or
    Did they remind her too much of Anakin that she couldnt face bringing them up.
    or
    Did palpatine eventually catch up with her and kill her.

15. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    I don't know if leaving the audience wondering would be the best way to go about it. . .

16. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I've always been unsure about Padme dying, but reading this has made my mind up. Indeed, would Anakin possibly turn to the Dark Side if she was alive? I find that very hard to believe. Thus, either Padme dies or Anakin believes that she dies.

Another fun Othello-parallel: McDiarmid played Iago in a production in London a couple of years ago, and he has more than once likened Palpatine to Iago. And he sure plays a major part in Anakin's life by AOTC. ;)

17. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    She's too hot to die!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

18. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    She wont die I believe but she will be dying by the films end. The cause being poisoning by Tarkin or Palpatine or Boba Fett, or from blood poisoning or illness from a bad heart (from stress or sadness or exaustion).

19. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    While I've always thought she shouldn't die until Leia was a few years old, I am now starting to think it just wouldn't work to have her faid into the background. I'm leaning towards Dooku killing her. I picture her breaking up with Anakin, and later giving birth to the twins. Then Dooku kidnaps her for some reason, and kills her using force lightning. Nute Gunray stands nearby, finally getting to watch her die. This would push Anakin farther to the dark side and would explain why Padme would be able to give up Luke. She won't have to because she is dead. And as much as Gunray has been trying to get Padme killed, it would be pointless if he didn't eventually succeed.

20. ryan123450

Jun 23, 2003
    While I've always thought she shouldn't die until Leia was a few years old, I am now starting to think it just wouldn't work to have her faid into the background. I'm leaning towards Dooku killing her. I picture her breaking up with Anakin, and later giving birth to the twins. Then Dooku kidnaps her for some reason, and kills her using force lightning. Nute Gunray stands nearby, finally getting to watch her die. This would push Anakin farther to the dark side and would explain why Padme would be able to give up Luke. She won't have to because she is dead. And as much as Gunray has been trying to get Padme killed, it would be pointless if he didn't eventually succeed.

21. ryan123450

Jun 23, 2003
    While I've always thought she shouldn't die until Leia was a few years old, I am now starting to think it just wouldn't work to have her fade into the background. I'm leaning towards Dooku killing her. I picture her breaking up with Anakin, and later giving birth to the twins. Then Dooku kidnaps her for some reason, and kills her using force lightning. Nute Gunray stands nearby, finally getting to watch her die. This would push Anakin farther to the dark side and would explain why Padme would be able to give up Luke. She won't have to because she is dead. And as much as Gunray has been trying to get Padme killed, it would be pointless if he didn't eventually succeed.

22. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    While the magority of senators continue to grant the Supreme Chancellor new powers ever day, Padme continues to lead an opposition to such actions in the senate.

Palpatine sabotages a Jedi-secured transport with Padme on board. This blows up killing a bunch of Jedi as well as Padme.

With a little influence from talks with Palpatine, Anakin blames the Jedi for this. Palpatine then uses it to turn Anakin against the Jedi and eventually, to the Dark Side.

It makes perfect sense, Palpatine, the evil puppet-master that he is, kills 3 birds with one stone. He:

a) Kills the leading member of his opposition in the Senate.

b) Turns Anakin to the Dark Side.

c) Kills a bunch of Jedi for bonus points.

Think about it.

23. SWadmirer

SWadmirer Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    I think Padme is going to die in Episode 3, after she gives birth to Luke and Leia and spend a little time with Leia, maybe by Dooku, or an agent of Nute Gungray's, I think Padme is Anakin's last link to stay in control and on the light side and once she dies, that will be the last straw and he will go berserk, blaming maybe the Jedi for not protecting her and will exact revenge on them, probably by Palpatine saying that even if its true or not.

She is a major character in the story and as such one shouldnt leave to speculation as to what had happened to her, besides I dont think thats GL's style anyhow to leave an important character like that unresolved. I have the feeling that Episode 3 is going to be the reverse of Return of the Jedi, in that instead of mostly all the villans die, in Episode 3, the majority of all the forces of the good side will see their end. That is why I think that GL said this one is going to be very dark, and not one with a lot of hope and may alienate fans of Star Wars, but I feel its necessary to show the full magnitude of it.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I had a sad, choking feeling watching the wedding scene between Anakin and Padme at the end of AOTC, like I felt that this happy moment between these two will not last long at all.

Padme has been marked for death ever since the *first* episode, I think that it will finally happen in Episode 3, I will be very sad when that happens.

24. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree with both of your first two paragraphs except for the part about Gunray having a hand in Padmes coming demise. Gunray to me is nothing but a joke. I feel towards Gunray the way most fans feel towards Jar Jar.

It's much too important of a role in the Saga to be handled by Nute. However, his stupidity may be symbolic of Palpatine's control over the Seperatists, if infact they do not know of his plot.

25. SWadmirer

SWadmirer Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    Thanks Aesop, and I agree with some of your points as well. Padme has been a ***big*** thorn of Palpatine's side since the beginning, stopping or more like stalling his efforts at every turn (her efforts on her home planet of Naboo in Episode 1 and her opposition to the military creation act in Episode 2), I think ultimately that its going to be him, indirectly who will cause the demise of Padme. He may act like he loves her with all his being (a big phony, I fake gag every time I see the scene when he persuades her to have a jedi to protect her after her assasination attempt in the beginning of AOTC and talks of his supposed concern of her), but he really hates her and would love and probably cannot wait until she is out of the way so he can proceed with his plans of controlling the galaxy.

I know that Padme, who has spent basically her entire life in public service in the Senate isnt going to take the destruction of that Republic lying down even though we fans know that is inevitable and see the things she holds dear to fall apart before her eyes and this may prove to be her undoing in the end, as I just feel that someone will finally succeed in killing her and I think that scene is going to be dramatic and we will see her in her last breath, possibly with Anakin by her side, trying to save her. I dont think it will be a ship blown up scene, cause GL said Episode 3 was going to be very personal as well as very dark.
    So I think Padme is going to have a full death scene, at least that is my opinion that I think she is, I dont know.

I will not look forward to seeing her demise however it happens as she is one of my favorite characters in the PT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.