main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Certain events (announced at the events themselves) will have it posted whether or not video cameras will be allowed. I haven't heard any restrictions on regular cameras, so I think you'll be ok with that.

2. zuckuss1969

zuckuss1969 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Does anyone know if they will sign a carded figure, if I was to bring one in?

3. scifiexpo

scifiexpo Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    Yes, all actors will either sign the exclusive photo or a licensed item the fan brings in in exchange for one coupon. Starwars.com just broke the story.

Fans can purchase single coupons for $15.00 or coupon books of 10 for $120.00 ($12.00each). Much lower than other conventions! Coupons will be available at the show in the autograph area.

The photos are 25th anniversary Celebration II silver foil embossed glossy photos. Some of the images selected are direct from Lucasfilm archives and have never been seen!

Over 30 actors will be in attendance from all 5 episodes! Stay tuned to Starwars.com for all the details!

Ben
    C2 Ventures, Inc.

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Thanks for the info scifiexpo

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, that's some really good news we have here!! Looks like I am gonna spend a fortune on autographs, once again :):)

6. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    You have got to be kidding me. We have to pay extra for autographs?? I've never been to a convention that charges extra for autographs. Well, they charge extra if you don't have a photo for them to sign. But they never charge extra if you have your own items for the guest to sign. It's cool that they have an area setup but it sucks that you gotta pay extra. Still, I'll probably drop a couple hundred bucks :(

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    They did it at Wizardcon this year. All the actors, not just from SW, I think you had to pay for and it ranged from $10-$20 depending on what you had signed (I think if they provided a picture it was $20 and if you provided your own it was $10) It's a semi-common practice.

8. Shi-Bandarr

Shi-Bandarr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2000
    I just want to absolutely sure about this, so please excuse the redundancy.

As long as I buy the vouchers, it's going to be alright to bring personal items to be autographed? I have the Ridell mini helmets of Vader, Boba Fett, and C3PO, and I really want those signed.

Just want to be sure before I have to lug them around. :D

9. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Then it must be a thing that Wizard's is doing then. I swear to you, I go to 4-5 cons a year, I've seen actors charge for photos that they supply, but I've never seen anyone charge for personal items. That's a shame. I would think the general admission price would handle it all, but alas...the Dark Empire of Lucas reigns. God, I love Star Wars...I need to get another job to make more money. I'll be bankrupt before Attack of the Clones even opens :D

10. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Not to bring up that other "Star ****" franchise, but every con I've been to for them has had autograph charges. (and for them, you HAVE to bring your own thing to sign, no photos etc. are provided).

11. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, at Wizardcon, it was a Lucas thing. It was sort of a convincing factor for those stars who went....it was an incentive and they got either part or all of the money.

And really, when you think about it, the $75 we're paying for the three days, even multiplying it by a minimum of 30,000 people doesn't really come out to much.

And since this is primarily being run by Wizards of the Coast, not Lucasfilm, they have a lot less $$ to work with. No, I'm not ranting again. I've had to plan a couple of albeit small conventions and there is a lot of money that goes into it. Heck , I bet the facility alone is costing them a mill.

At least you know you're shelling out a bunch of money and are somewhat happy about it ;) I'm pretty much planning on not sleeping and not seing my boyfriend for like a week. (it doesn't help that May is race month and he happens to work at the Speedway) But it will probably be worth it.

As far as items you bring yourselves, I don't see why they wouldn't allow those. I started putting carded figures aside months ago :)

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    //glad I have at least a low paying job.

//debates whether to ask 10 year old girl who's only desire in life is to have Boba fett's autograph to shell out $15 for it :p

This may have already been answered, but are the stars *just* gonna be there for an autograph signing, or might someone have a chance to meet them, too?

13. G-4P0

G-4P0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2000
    A couple of important items I just skimmed from the Costume Contest rules over on the WOTC site:

Costume Contest Rules
    1. Any item or activity that presents the possibility of damage to the entrants, their costumes, the audience, or the facility is prohibited. Carrying or displaying weapon replicas of any sort is permitted only with the approval of Wizards of the Coast Convention Management. All items will be examined upon entry into the Indiana Convention Center, and approved items will be issued a tag which must be displayed at all times. No actual weapons will be permitted in the Convention Center. Prohibited items worn or carried into the convention areas will be confiscated.

8. No video or audio recording equipment is permitted at Celebration II events, including the Costume Contest, except by members of the press who have received expressed permission before Celebration II. Cameras are permitted at Celebration II events, including the Costume Contest. No flash photography may be used during the Costume Contest. Flash pictures of all contestants on stage may be taken immediately following the conclusion of the Costume Contest if time permits.

You can read the full rules here

Personally, I think the video camera part sucks.

14. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
  15. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    That is screwed man! Bah, I *live* behind a video camera.

I was hoping to get some videos of my fellow JCers! Maybe we can meet outside or soemthin.

At least they allow flash cameras.

16. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    The Star $@%k conventions I've gone too only charge folks if they don't have a picture of their own. The act of a guest charging is actually something that has started in the last few years. Believe it or not, there was a time when they didn't charge at all. But that is a moot point. The fact is, they do now. So, I've just resolved myself that I'll be paying.

BTW, Shara, sorry to hear you'll be without your man for the week. I take it he isn't a Star Wars freak? I guess I'm lucky. It would really suck if my wife wasn't into all this. Anyhoo...

17. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, actually I won't get to see him much for most of the month. He works for the Speedway and well....he'll most likely be working 30 days straight. The month of May is big in Indy.

18. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Stupid racing.. Not only are they making rooms hard to find they are Keeping Shara from her Bo. :mad:

Seriously, Are they having any races that weekend? My wife is going but she will not be going to the Celebration for more than 1 day. She likes races. She may like to go see one if they have one on Saturday.

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually most of the people won't be coming in until right after C2, but some will be here that weekend. Also, there is another convention (albeit smaller) going on at ICC but I'm not sure who it is. There are a lot of rooms in the convention center and it's got a couple of floors.

There won't be any races until the end of the month. They are all practices, and I don't know if they have any during C2 but I can find out.

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
  21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just an FYI:

I wrote to WOTC asking about whether there would be a shipping service, and the reply I got said they "believed" there would be --"for the items bought in the store." Well, this wasn't quite what I had in mind....

Can anyone tell me if there's a Mail Boxes Etc. store downtown, close to the convention center? Or an UPS outlet, whatever.

Or -- someone with way more influence than me ask WOTC to make a shipping service available for those of us who just want to ship stuff home, rather than drag it along in an ever expanding suitcase.

22. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I know for sure there is a Fed Ex drop off/store and a Kinko's right next door to it on the Circle which is a couple of blocks away from ICC. As for anything closer, I'm not sure but we can check into it.

23. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I haven't seen these updated in the FAQ yet:

From StarWars.com:

Your favorite heroes of the Rebellion will be joining you and your fellow fans at the Indiana Convention Center May 3-5 to help celebrate 25 years of the Star Wars saga.

Rebel pilots Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter), William Hootkins (Jek Porkins),
    Ian Liston (Wes Janson), and Angus MacInnes (Gold Leader) will appear at
    Celebration II, both on stage and in the C2 Ventures autograph area. In the
    autograph area, you'll be able to meet the actors and have them sign either a
    photo provided by C2, or another appropriate piece of memorabilia. For more
    information on autographs from your favorite stars of the Star Wars films at
    Celebration II

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks, Shara! This will be helpful. Ship the clothes back for more room in the suitcase, says me.... :)

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Right on ValedaKor. I have no idea how exactly I'm going to be getting stuff home easily because I'm riding down from my apartment on my bike. But I'm sure I can figure something out.

And Motterman, Sebulba-X's been sick with the flu, so not everything has been updated, although most of it is at the Indy Knights' webpage C2 FAQ But thanks for adding it to the thread so other can see it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.