main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Official Star Wars Exhibition Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    As some of you had heard at one of our Meetups/Outings or elsewhere :D Singapore Science Centre will play host to the Star Wars Exhibition called ?The Science & Art of Star Wars Exhibition? or ?The Art of Star Wars Exhibition? end of this year till next year.

Below is a quick summary of the exhibition.

[b]WHAT:[/b] The Science & Art of Star Wars Exhibition / The Art of Star Wars Exhibition

[b]WHEN:[/b] 19th Nov ? 3rd April 2006

[b]WHERE:[/b] Singapore Science Centre, Annex Building

[b]TIMING:[/b] 10am ? ??pm ([i]To Be confirmed[/i])

[b]ENTRY FEES: [/b] To Be Confirmed but look forward to around the pricetag for the LOTR one.

[b]EXHIBITS:[/b] 250 Costumes, Props and Art Works from all 6 SW Movies.

[b]SPECIAL NOTES:[/b]

[li][/li]In order to maintain the Exclusiveness of this Exhibition, the last update received concerning this exhibition is that [b]NO PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO RECORDING and HANDPHONE RECORDING[/b] will be allowed in the Exhibition Hall at all time.

[li][/li]Show Hosts, Security Officers, Hidden Security Cameras and Volunteers will be at hand to keep an eye on visitors, other than be at hand to explain any of the exhibitions or entertain visitors.

[hr]

More infos on what fans and visitors will get to see, enjoy and do at the exhibition or be part of it will be posted in this thread as they comes. ;)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    And I'll completely miss it unless I fly back to Singapore during my winter break in December.

:(

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The News as published on July 1st 2005 in LIFE Section of ST.

[color=darkblue][b]STAR SCIENCE[/b][/color]
    [i]Ong Sor Fern (Film Correspondent)[/i]

[b]Star Wars[/b] fans can soon get up close and personal to Darth Vader's original costume.

The Singapore Science Centre is bringing in The Art Of Star Wars exhibition later this year.

Schedule to run from Nov 19 to April 3 next year at the Science Centre, the exhibition boasts 250 props and artefacts from creator George Lucas's blockbuster movie series.

Singapore will be the first Asian country outside Japan to host the exhibition, which will cost an estimated $1.8 million.

About 60 percent of the show will be dedicated to never-before-seen artefacts from Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith. These include storyboards, models and posters.

The displays will take up 2,000 sq m. The Centre is converting another 1,000sq m into a theatrette which will screen making-of documentaries.

This is the second big movie-related blockbuster the Science Centre is hosting. The Lord Of The Rings (LOTR) Exhibition, held from March to June last year, was a big hit with visitors, says the Science Centre?s chief executive, Dr Chew Tuan Chiong.

It attracted about 120,000 visitors.

?[i]The LOTR exhibition demonstrated to us that we could reach out to a wider audience, such as young adults who normally do not frequent the Science Centre[/i],? he adds.

As a result, the Centre will be looking for more such exhibitions with crossover appeal.

Dr Chew says, ?[i]We are quite progressive in embracing blockbusters with wide appeal, especially when a lot of interesting science is still embedded in the exhibition.[/i]?

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Simply Toys had been confirmed to be running the Merchandising Booth tho' not sure if as the Sole one or together with other shops.

Below is the news they made on their Blog recently concerning their presence at the Exhibition and exclusive merchandise selling during the run of the SW Exhibition.

Friday, July 01, 2005

[b]NEWS: The Art of Star Wars Exhibition[/b]

The Art of Star Wars exhibition will be held in the Singapore Science Centre - outside Japan for the first time!

[b]Venue:[/b] The Singapore Science Centre
    [b]Term of Exhibition:[/b] 19th November 2005 to 3rd April 2006
    [b]Admission Fee:[/b] TBD

Simply Toys is pleased to be the official merchandiser for this event. We have some exciting EVENT EXCLUSIVE collectibles and products lined up for the exhibition from Gentle Giant Studios, Master Replicas, LEGO, etc.

From Master Replicas, expect to purchase the all-new Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker (Green) Force FX Lightsaber. This item is only available for retail sale at the exhibition for our region, not available at any retail store.

Limited Stocks will be available! Interested parties can email us at simplyreserve@gmail.com with SUBJECT HEADER: "MR Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber" with your name and contact number for future updates. For Simply Toys members, we will be pleased to reserve for you the items to be collected at the exhibition, please quote your membership number ST1XXXX(last 4 digits of your membership). Please reserve or make enquires only via email. Once again, this item will ONLY BE FOR SALE during the exhibition in our region.

[u]Some Questions and Answers[/u]

[b]Q. IS THIS ITEM EXCLUSIVELY SOLD AT THE EXHIBITION ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS[/b]
    A. No, this item is an event exclusive only in our region. This item will be made available in SOME countries through an exclusive retailer.

[b]Q. CAN ONE MAKE PREORDER DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM[/b]
    A. No.

[b]Q. WHEN WILL THIS ITEM BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE[/b]
    A. November 19th when the exhibition starts.

[b]Q. WILL THIS ITEM BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE VIA www.masterreplicas.com[/b]
    A. No, it will not be available via Master Replicas official website.

[b]Q. WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THIS LIGHTSABER[/b]
    A. Retail price for this lightsaber is set at S$229.90 + 5% GST.

Q. IS THERE AN EXCLUSIVE RETAILER FOR THIS ITEM IN MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, THE PHILIPPINES OR THAILAND
    A. No, they will not be available for retail sales in these countries.

[b]Q. CAN WE CALL UP SIMPLY TOYS SHOWROOMS TO ASK ABOUT THE PRODUCT[/b]
    A. Please do not bug the poor working souls there. All questions will be answered via email at simplyreserve@gmail.com as well as we can.
    posted by Simply Toys at 1:09 AM

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    JediClare's Report about the The Star Wars Exhibition when it was at Sasashima Museum, Japan as posted in the FFSG Social Thread Thread.

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh don't worry! ;) Maybe you can save up the money to vist the other SW Exhibition that will be going on around that time over at Boston or other US Cities in the next 3 years. :eek:

Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibition

7. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I most probably have to perform at a concert on Nov 19.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Deh! There is 5 months to view the exhibition so what's the hurry? ;)

9. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I wanna be there on the first day... couldn't watch ROTS on the opening cos of midyrs....

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If anyone got any recommandations or enquires about the Exhibition, PLEASE do post it here. [face_mischief]

Please try to avoid the "Get Natalie Portman" thinging unless you can sponsor SGD50,000 in the first place! o_O

Will post updates on the exhibition, including Employment & Volunteering Opportunity later after I polish them up. ;)

11. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm sure Yazid will find some way to cough up that money to see her. [face_laugh]

12. starwarssg

starwarssg Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi everyone,

It's me , daniel from www.starwars.sg

The Singapore Science Centre has just sent me its first Official Press Release dated 14th July 2005 regarding The Art Of Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore, and it's online now at www.starwars.sg .

This is the first of the press releases which Singapore Science Centre will be releasing through www.starwars.sg as we gear up towards the Exhibition itself in November 2005 .

I can hardly wait to see what Lucas has in store for us at the exhibition ! :)

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    hi daniel!! We are all very looking forward to it.
    50 000!!!!!?? hmm...wads the 4D grand prize again??
    damn, how i wish i were the CEO of NKF right now...

14. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey Yazid, try robbing Bill Gates, or maybe you can go up and beg that you absolutely have to have Natalie...I'm sure he'll listen... Besides, he's so filthy rich, one mil is no big deal..

Hahaha but NFK could work too... that'll be their way of getting back into people's hearts...by sponsoring Natalie Portman for our dear Yazid... Heh

15. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    I'm not exactly asking for Natalie Portman, but will other Star Wars celebrities be attending the opening of the exhibition here? I clearly remember Anthony Daniels and one of the behind-the-scenes guys, Lorne Petersen attending the opening in Japan. Other Art of SW exhibits in the US, and the Myth of SW exhibits have had SW celebs attending the opening, so if we don't get any here for Singapore, it would be a real shame.

I'm hoping that Anthony Daniels will at least be here. Unlike the other SW actors, he gets himself invovled in just about any SW-related work he can get his hands on, everything from the Science of SW documentary, to voicing the Clone Wars cartoon, Droids cartoon, to commercials.

16. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Speaking of Natalie Portman, she was here in Singapore back in 2002 in an unpublicized trip. According to the Newpaper, she was spotted alone at Holland Village, buying something (drinks, if I remember correctly). My friends and I got quite worked up over it.

17. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Here's some links related to the exhibition some of you may find useful:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/news20000418.html

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/news20030814.html

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/news20040709.html

18. starwarssg

starwarssg Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi everyone,

I've just completed a meeting with Singapore Science Centre about the Art of Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore, and I can tell you that the exhibition is going to be absolutely amazing !

I've seen the list of exhibits coming , and although I can't divulge any details yet, it's going to be an incredible experience for us Star Wars fans here, I'll tell you that ! There is going to be a focus on Star Wars Episode III, although the other 5 films will be well documented as well.

In the meantime, we have our hands full planning many fringe activities for the fans , and to start off, we are launching a contest ( the first of many ) where fans can win free tickets to the Exhibition.

Check out the details when you can at www.starwars.sg !

The next few months are going to be really great ! :)

daniel

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    NATALIE WAS HERE!!!!!!!!!! in 2002!!!!!!!!
    that was the year i was most obsessed bout her!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGG!!!!!!

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, you must think first how much it cost to bring just one celebrity with the limited funds SSC has. [face_worried] Anthony Daniels is actually the benchmark and he already cost £10,000 per appearance. This of course doesn't include the cost of his First Class Airfares, 5-Star Hotel accomodation etc etc which will come to min. SGD40,000 for only 1 celebrity. Even with him, he is only recognizable to true SW fan and not those regular or casual ones since he is behind the mask.

If the SSC bring in another cheaper actor or actress, they are doing a BIG gamble as cannot be sure just how many fans will recognize whoever "cheaper" they gotten in. Can recommand so many names but in the long run, will he/she get good response from the general public? Will the casual fan pay SGD30-60 to go to a talk or meet him/her? This is something some people are not willing to risk it unless assured it will surely work with Singaporeans being a very unpredicted bunch of people.

From my enquires last week, unless luck (extensive sponsorship) is on their side, SSC is going the same way they did with LOTR in having celebrity. Even IF the celebrity happen to be in Singapore, there is no assurance that he/she want to come down to the exhibition as in the case of someone who came previous. [face_tired]

Just think this way:
    Would you rather SSC spend SGD40,000 to bring in a celebrity that will hang around the exhibition hall for a couple of hours for only 1 day OR use the money to organize 10 special events during the run of the exhibition?

As for Natalie Portman, it was just a rumor and I thot I heard that it had been confirmed as not true.

Even if she or someone else came to Singapore, unless they are on a business trip and can spare the time, I doubt he or she want to come down to the exhibition as a celebrity even if paid the appearance charges. I still remembered how fast Barrie Osbourne was whisked away during the LOTR exhibition due to other business commitment tho' he was kind enough to request to be quickly brought around the exhibition hall to see it for the first time. [face_love]

21. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay!!! so she WASNT here afterall. at last i can have a good nights sleep!!

22. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    I don't believe there ever was an official confirmation to that rumor, whether it was true or not. I believe in it 40%.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, here's another good link of what we might be seeing here:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/20050721_picview/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=7&world=community

Check out pages 7, 17 to 21! November can't come soon enough.

They had Lucas, McCallum, Hayden, and Ian Mcdarmind at the opening of Art of Star Wars at the Meguro, Japan! Of course, they were there more to promote the release of ROTS than the exhibition.

23. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Oh my!! The Jedi starfighters LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!
    Damn, i'd settle for hayden coming man, then we can compare our "Anakin angry stare"
    muahahahhaha

24. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Indeed, it does look exciting! :)

25. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    GOSH! I WANNA SIT IN THE STARFIGHTER!!!!!
    I'll so do anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.