main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Hi everybody! This is my first day on the forums.

So, I haven't had a chance to read all the bunnies yet, but I have a few that have been populating my head for YEARS! I'll probably still try to write them at some stage, but I'd really love to see what someone else could do with them.

1. What if Siri and Obi-Wan became bonded like Luke and Mara did in 'Vision of the Future'? They have to stretch out to the Force so much and in such close contact that there is a permanent Force connection between them. How will the Jedi Council deal with such an event? They forbid attachment, but Siri and Obi-Wan cannot help but be attached to each other. In fact, because it is a Force bond, it could be argued that their attachment is the will of the Force.

2. What if Iella was never married to Diric? What if Wessiri is her true last name? And what if it refers to her mother? 'Wes' meaning 'daughter of'? Then her mother's name would have been Siri. Siri Tachi escaped the Jedi Purge and had a daughter. Perhaps Corran's grandfather and/or father knew? Perhaps it wasn't coincidence that she ended up partnered with Corran. She has Jedi abilities too.

3. This is my pet plot bunny at the moment - it keeps invading all my other bunny hutches! It's been simmering away ever since I learned that Denis Lawson (His Most Awesome Wedge-ness) is actually the uncle of Ewan McGregor (His Most Awesome Obi-ness). What if Wedge wasn't really the son of Jagged and Zena Antilles? What if he were the son of Obi-Wan, but despite having one of the greatest Jedi Masters ever as his father, he is completely unable to touch the Force. But maybe the Force is with him anyway. (Considering how much Wedge has been through (and survived), it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Force is playing favourites!) Maybe Zena is a relative of Obi-Wan, and when he takes Luke to Tatooine, he finds a family for his son. Because he doesn't dare take him along.

Plot bunny 3 is one that I definitely want to write - I just don't have the time at the moment. I'd really love to read it, though.

Hope someone can use these ideas. They've been floating around in my head so long, they're not plot bunnies anymore, they're DUST bunnies!

2. Anakin21

Anakin21 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2008
    This one just kinda came to me when I was watching a documentary, The True Story of Alexander The Great. Please let me know what you think of it, even if you don't take it up.

So, what if Anakin was Alexander The Great? I put a bit of thought in to how this could all work out and stuff.
    1)Travel between our Galaxy/Earth and their Galaxy is possible.
    2)When you travel to the Earth for the other Galaxy you are born as someone here on earth, weather it's someone of importance or just a normal person isn't decided.
    3)If you go from Earth back to the other Galaxy you remember what happened, and if you choose to go back you can either go back to the same life or be born as someone else.(The reason I have this one is because of another couple ideas like this one, that I'm not sure I'm going to post.)
    4)You can remember things from the other Galaxy on Earth, but you still live your life as if you didn't know anything about it.
    5)So far people on Earth don't know that travel between the Galaxies is really possible yet.
    6)Even though it is possible not many actually travel/traveled between the Galaxies.
    7)When you do decide to travel you have to end up in the time it is currently on Earth, on time jumping unless, your going to another life.
    8)When you leave Earth from one life and come back it's as if no time has passed, and you are the age you were when you left to go to Earth. So for Anakin when he laft about 19/20 years old. When you go back to the other Galaxy sometime has passed, but hardly any at all.
    9)Anakin decided to travel to Earth in the time of Alexander The Great's Birth, he doesn't decide who to become it's just random.
    10)So bassically Anakin is Alexander The Great and it's his life as said person, and as him self.
    11)There is a way in the other Galaxy to kinda check up on the people who are on Earth, they know this, but do not know when it is that it's happening. Not just anybody can do this either, you have to be someone of Great impotance (I.e, Jedi, certin Politicians...ect.) or close friends and family.
    12)So what if Anakin was a jedi? How would the rest of them react to Anakin's behavious nad life as it is very un-like a Jedi? What about Padme?
    13)You can decide if attachment is allowed.
    14)Why was Anakin allowed to do this?
    15)Anakin does ocasionally come back to the other Galaxy, after his death as Aleaxander he does come back to the Galaxy.
    16)What do the Jedi think of the possibility that Anakin is the son of God the king of all Gods, Zues?
    17)Hephaistion is Anakin/Alexanders best friend, but the paring is Anakin/Alexander/Padme...not sure how you would go about that with them being in different Glaxies, somthing to think about.
    18)Since it's going to be Anakin going through Alexander's life that includes all the way to Alexander's death. This would be a great oppertunity to explore his death as historians still aren't really sure what it wa 'caused by. They suspect it might be one of the fallowing or a combonation of all of them. Either, Compulsive self distruction/Pushing himself too hard, Alcholism, Poisioning, an un-known disease/Malaria, the fact the he never really recovered from the arrow wound he recieved in India.
    19)Make sure to cover all the important/life changing event's in his life, like the arrow wound above, his fathers death and him becoming king...ect.

Make it nice and long! If you decide to take on this plot bunny and need any help with it I'd be happy tp help, it may be slightly confusing to take on. It may be of some help if you watch "The True Story of Alexander The Great" on youtube. Especially because it's what inspired the idea.

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I have a plot bunny.

Imagine that Anakin Solo didn't die. Imagine he got captured by the Yuuzhan Vong with Jacen. Imagine he got tortured by Vergere. Imagine... Dark Anakin.

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    1. Write a fic in which Leia asks Luke about Obi-Wan. If she truly was her 'only hope', wouldn't she be interesed?

2. Write a fic in which a Jedi general mourns the loss of clone life after a truly blood defeat.

5. emerald54

emerald54 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    Because I've been reading to much STXI fanfic.

Genderswap someone.

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

Bwahaha! I think that'd be funny - I'd totally read it :D

7. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    *Hey guys,I need an idea for my FIRST fanfic ever! Any ideas?

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Message me with what kinds of ideas you already have and what era you'd like to write in. Keep it simple to start or you might overload ;) I'm sure I can dig up a bunny or two from the list who could use a good home

Or you can check back through Resource for old challenges that catch your eye and try one of those.

Depends completely on what era/genre/type of story you want to write; horror/romance/adventure/mystery... just asking for ideas, you'll get something of everything!

9. Darth_Sidious_1983

Darth_Sidious_1983 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    This is a plot bunny I coughed up just today. This one, unlike my last one, is set in the film saga.

THE WAY OF THE SITH (Film Saga AU)

Premise: What if Qui-Gon Jinn survived his fight on Naboo, and what if Count Dooku betrays his master at a critical point on the way to becoming the galaxy's emperor?

MAIN CAST

Emperor Dooku
    Qui-Gon Jinn (character inspired somewhat by Liam Neeson's rendition of Ra's al Ghul in the Batman franchise)
    Ronhar Kim
    Anakin Skywalker
    Nute Gunray
    Palpatine

PLOT

1) The Phantom Menace: Qui-Gon Jinn slays Darth Maul, and both he and Obi-Wan Kenobi survive their fight on Naboo. However, he develops enough of a fascination with the resurgent Sith that he shifts the responsibility of Anakin Skywalker's training to someone else. This someone else doesn't need to be Obi-Wan.

2) Just after Qui-Gon shifts said responsibility, Count Dooku goes on to become Darth Tyrannus, continue the clone order started by Sifo-Dyas, and train in the ways of the Sith. Meanwhile, Qui-Gon himself joins his old master, even in the ways of the dark side, and does the bulk of anti-Republic demagoguery. At this point, Darth Sidious mistakenly thinks that Qui-Gon is an asset.

3) Just before the events of AOTC, Count Dooku entertains a frighteningly plausible way of betraying his master to the Republic and to the Jedi very soon, and even formulates a deadlier plan for the galaxy than the plan of his master. For his plan to work, he sends Qui-Gon to personally assassinate the Senator for the D'Astan sector, the sector where the planet Serenno is located.

4) The Way of the Sith: The events of AOTC unfold more or less until the saber dart's origin is revealed. Kamino is not yet revealed, and the Jedi chasing Jango Fett on a different kind of chase is none other than Ronhar Kim. Kim eavesdrops on the Separatist conversation, not knowing that Dooku sensed the intruder.

5) Dooku subtlely encourages Nute Gunray to make a slip of the tongue and reveal the existence of Darth Sidious as someone with influence over "hundreds of Senators." Kim reports this to the full Jedi Council, who have yet to meet with Palpatine over further deliberations on the Military Creation Act. Afterwards, he suggests testing all the members of the Galactic Senate to determine their respective midi-chlorian counts. Since Kim rushed away to report on the Sith and did not hear further of the Confederacy's military buildup, Dooku lets him go and lets his plan continue to unfold.

6) Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, at least one other Jedi Master, and several other Jedi Knights proceed to a full session of the Senate and propose to expose the Dark Lord of the Sith. One of these in the large Jedi posse, by the way, is Anakin's master, so Anakin is in fact just outside the Senate chamber.

7) Palpatine tries to mention Bail Organa and a couple other Senators potentially opposing the test on principle, but all those Senators agree. Palpatine is exposed, and a massive fight ensues with the Senators fleeing the chamber. The unnamed Jedi master(s) are killed along with most of the non-master Jedi Knights, while Anakin's master is injured. Anakin rushes in to see the fight and tend to his master, who then instructs him to help in the fight against Palpatine.

8) At the crucial moment, Palpatine is distracted by the posse of Jedi Masters long enough for Anakin to intervene and kill him. The posse congratulates him and proclaims that he was indeed the Chosen One.

9) Shortly afterwards, the news of Palpatine's death spreads throughout the galaxy, much to the glee of the new Dark Lord of the Sith, who then gives the impression of quitting the Separatist cause to become the D'Astan sector's Senator. Meanwhile, the newly christened Sith apprentice (name Qui-Gon however you wish) continues the political and military buildup of the Separatist forces and also places additional clone orders for the future.

10) Whoever succeeded Palpatine as Supreme Chancellor has a mixed record against corruption, and is

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I might just want to take on this last plot bunny. I indeed like Qui-Gon, and it sounds pretty cool!

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Complicated but detailed - and daring choice for a first or near first fic; good luck; if you choose to accept it. Make sure you send the submitter a note to let them know you want to adopt it :)

12. Darth_Sidious_1983

Jun 6, 2005
    He has the green light to write on my recent plot bunny. I was sorta thinking about seeing Dooku without a mustache throughout this one, evoking Christopher Lee's famous renditions of Count Dracula himself. Ahh, Count Dracula and Ra's al Ghul! :)

Now, if only someone can take up my old plot bunny, "Rule of One" :(

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/27927181/p1/

Slight modifications to "Rule of One":

1) Perhaps Darth "Ultima" can resist the attempt of Darth "Sage" to be a lifetime guide to her, but during the battle of wills, she obtains all the knowledge and memories of her mentor.

2) She doesn't have to be a new galactic tyrant. I got this idea from Final Fantasy Tactics whereby she just needs enough bloodshed in the period of the three galactic civil wars, on a quasi-Biblical scale to enable access to the netherworld of the Force.

3) The Force currents that she manipulates are part of what she calls the "Netherforce." This in fact goes beyond even the Potentium Heresy, which encompasses only a small fraction of the Force (the known "Light Side" plus the known "Dark Side").

13. emerald54

Apr 4, 2007
    I know it's bad form to take your own prompt, but farmgirl turned pilot turned Jedi Luci Skywalker waltzed into my brain and won't leave me be. I'd love to read someone else's stuff though. There's just so many directions it can go.

Emerald

14. Darth_Sidious_1983

Jun 6, 2005
    Well, at least my second plot bunny got rolling:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/30604205/p1/?4

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    someone posted a great picture of a female version of Luke on Deviantart. I thought that was totally awesome, with the farmgirl look all over the way she carried herself and dressed.

What I always wanted to see was the following:

Tenel Ka is a guy named Tanek.

Jaina's twin is an identical one named Jaysa.

Now, rewrite the YJK series with my favorite couple genderswapped.

16. emerald54

Apr 4, 2007

Ooh! Can you post the link? Or PM it to me or something? I've been looking for female Luke's for the past month or so.

And another bunny that's soon to be eaten by my double major:

I would love to see a padawan, one who lost their Master in the war, trying to survive the Empire with a few other kids. I don't care if they're taking odd jobs or if they stole a ship, I just want to see some relatively sheltered kids trying to survive the galaxy.

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Emerald, I will swoop that up. Expect a PM!

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Here's teh link to the female Luke:

http://starrdust411.deviantart.com/art/Female-Luke-New-Hope-105504212

19. emerald54

Apr 4, 2007
    Thanks! I realize now that I've seen it, I have it. D'oh!

Responded to!

Small bunny from biology:

I'd like to see a medical student ranting about how mediclorians (or however it's spelled) are only there to drive poor medical students up the wall, because they can't be explained by science. Basically, I want to see another completely stressed out college student ranting at the top of their voice about the Force, mediclorians, and finals. (My rant lasted a good ten minutes. I'm fairly certain my friends think I've jumped into the deep end with my backpack taped to me.)

Emerald

20. emerald54

Apr 4, 2007
    In honor of the hopefully stable Uru Live I shove this off on someone (please):

We don't know where Anakin or Shmi actually came from, so why not have them from D'ni? Or from another Age entirely?

Emerald

21. Darth_Sidious_1983

Jun 6, 2005
    Short and not overly serious fanfic on offer:

Yoda and Palps take the time to play dejarik (either before or during the Clone Wars). Palps asks Yoda not to use the Force, but himself can't use it for obvious reasons in front of his opponent. Let the author determine the outcome of this match.

22. xXRandomNemesisXx

xXRandomNemesisXx Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    I have a few ideas:

1.) Obi-Wan and Anakin get transported to the Vong war. They attempt to help the New Republic though Luke keeps the past events hidden from them. At one point Obi-Wan gets captured by the Vong.

2.) A ROTS Au where Anakin was killed on the Invisible Hand and Obi-Wan was captured. Because of Anakin's death, Obi-Wan experiences force visions for the new future.

23. WHIMSICAL

WHIMSICAL Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2009
    I'd like a shot at the 1st one there nemesis

24. ida_dida

ida_dida Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2010
    oh gooood!
    its the first time that i post here!
    but i've had these ideas for a while and i wanted to share them with someone :)
    1) Vader/Padme
    they dont know eachother. P is with Obi Wan(as a couple) and a rebel but one day she is captured by Vader and gradually they fall in love....and in the end Vader dies! :p
    2)Another V/P where Padme is Vader's slave or another senator.they dont know eachother. they fall in love :)
    do these sound too soapy?
    i hope not! XD

25. Selene467

Selene467 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2010
    Hey, I'm new and got a very long plot bunny, hope no one minds.[face_blush]
    It's cause there were a lot of details going through my mind.

Little info
    - Many years before TPM
    - Jedi Apprentice era, kinda
    - qui Gon and Obi-Wan story
    - Obi-Wan is 15 or 16
    - I'm can't nor ever will be able to write Star Wars fics, as it's way beyond my skills. I'll stick to anime and stuff. so that's why I'm posting this idea here. I'd love to see it written.
    - Oh and I'm a definite Obi-Wan fan, and love stories about Qui Gon and Obi-Wan.

My Plot Bunny:

A Jedi Knight has gone missing and Master Qui Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi are sent to rescue this knight. On the planet they split up and Qui Gon finds the knight and brings her/him back to the ship and contacts Obi-Wan to let him know. Obi-Wan confirms he is on his way.
    However he never arrives. The knight?s wounds are too severe to wait much longer and requires a continues force connection, so Qui Gon cannot leave her/him. He makes the difficult decision to leave and return for Obi-Wan, after he cannot reach him, not even through the bond. The bond is still intact, but he gets no response, meaning Obi-Wan is either magnificently shielding the bond or he is unconscious. Not dead, cause Qui Gon would feel it severe or the bond would be cold or absent. Differs from the strength of a bond and Qui Gon and Obi-Wan have a strong bond.
    So Qui Gon brings the knight back to the temple and then starts his search for Obi-Wan.

Meanwhile Obi-Wan is no longer on that planet. He has been taken captive by a group of human-like people who detest the Jedi and want to destroy the Jedi. They locked Obi-Wan in a room with only a door and nothing else. He was drugged with an experimental drug of theirs, that cuts you off from the force. Within several hours the drug builds itself up to the point of not sensing the force AT ALL. In 8 to 10 hours, the sense of the force grows less and less until you can?t feel it at all anymore.
    They question Obi-Wan about the security of the Jedi Temple and others things about the Temple. It?s weaknesses, the most frequent visited spots and so on and obviously hit/kick/torture him when he refuses to answer. Obi-Wan answers nothing. He remains silent except for when they give him another dose of the drug, to keep it in his system, he shouts profanities and threatens them or something, just to keep his own courage up. Without the sense of the Force around and within him, he feels vulnerable and empty.

Six months later, Obi-Wan is told by his captors that is it over. They sent out a message to the Temple and making it appear as if it is from Obi-Wan, asking for help. They intend to capture another Jedi and see if they have more success with that one. They refuse to give up on their plans to destroy the Jedi. They tell Obi-Wan they will kill him as soon as they got a new prisoner.
    Obi-Wan wonders why they suddenly decide to try again with another, out of the blue. Seeing as he is going to die, the leader explains to him that the drug turns useless after six months. Even if they dosed him again now, after six months the drug suddenly breaks down almost as fast as it build itself up. The breakdown takes about a day or so, while the built up was a few hours.

Obi-Wan knows he has to do something, he can?t let anyone else be captured or endanger the Jedi. When he feels a slight sense of the force, he pushes all his energy in sending out a warning through the force, hoping it?ll work. He focuses all his energy on one thought: ?It?s a trap!? He repeats it over and over in his mind all the while focussing on the small sliver of the force he feels. Within a few hours he passes out.

Two Jedi knights passing by the planet, suddenly feel the force slam into them and hear the message in a whisper. They contact the council and proceed to the planet, while back-up is on the way. They find Obi-Wan, manage to get him out and meet Qui Gon on their way back to the ship.
    Obi-Wan is close to death, having used all his energy on that message, exhausting his own life force, bringi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.