main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp The Portsmouth Comic Book Show THIS SUNDAY!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Guy's....

I know this is kinda short notice. I'm sorry I have known about it for sometime. And for the most part I have told everyone of the show , I just have not posted it. Oh well...

So here it is. It's Jetpacks first Comic Show all on there own. YEAH RALPH!!! =D=

So we have been ask to help out. Well.... be there anyways. We are going to be setting up a nd Fan Club table for the show. Were in the show ... we do not know yet. lol but Ralph is working on that. We can do whatever we would like for the table.

I know Steve and Andy are working on new fliers as well as some table signs I think. I have a TON of freebies left over from the Clone Wars Diner we can pass out. We can also sell or raffle off anything we wish for the show as well. You know do some fund raising for the group.

I'm sure I can find something to but in the pile. lol So if anyone has ANYTHING out there they would like to donate PLEASE let me know and we'll find I way to pick it up. It DOES NOT have to be Star Wars. If can be anything Sci-fi of Comic related. It's a comic show. lol I know we'll have a basket set up full of wrestling stuff. lol

So I hope to see as many of you there as possable. I know we have the following people coming as of now....

Myself
    Steve
    James

I'm not putting down anyone that is a maybe at this time. I only want to know who is GOING to be there. So let me know. Please check out the show info at ....

jetpackcomic.com

Everything else is listed be low. Hope to see everyone there.

SeeYa,
    TK

The Portsmouth Comic Book Show
    November 16th from 10 am to 3 pm
    The Best Western Wynwood Hotel, on the Portsmouth Traffic Circle in Portsmouth, NH (Route 1 By-Pass).

How do you get to the show? Routes 95, 16s, 4s, & the Spaulding Turnpike s all lead right to the Portsmouth Traffic Circle / Rotary, as well as Route 1 to the Route 1 By-Pass. It couldn't be easier. If you're still feeling uneasy the actual address of the show is
    Best Western Wynwood Hotel and Suites
    580 U.S. Highway 1 By-Pass
    Portsmouth, NH 03801
    603.436.7600 email

Still unsure?? - GOOGLE MAP

The Portsmouth Comic Book Show is a CGC Signature Series Event! Contact Ralph DiBernardo to find out how you can get books autographed at the show and officially graded!

ADMISSION
    Regular Admission is only $3.00 per person and is Free for children under 10.
    Premium Admission includes the choice of a comic from one of the guests as well as early admission at 9:30 am for only $6.00 per person / $4.00 for Children under 10.

Librarians / Educators / School, Social, Community Groups / Industry Professionals / Comics Pro Members please contact Ralph DiBernardo for admission details prior to the show and be sure to visit our EDUCATORS page

2. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Do those who are working at our table have to pay admission?

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    NO! No one in the group that goes and works the table has to pay. I think we can have up to 4/5 people.

I'll check with Ralph but I'm sure we'll be good. I don't think we'll have that many people helping out as it is. So ... I mean I hope we have more. But so far it looks like ...

James
    Steve
    Brandon (if get a ride)
    Myself.

I still have not heard from Andy and them. So we 'll see. I think Andy should go pick up Brandon. They drive to Johns. John than drive from there to Steve's and everyone comes together from Steve's. That way it cuts all the driving in half for everyone!! lol Well see

SeeYa,
    TK

4. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Just a thought about the mileage....it's much shorter to go from Manchester to Portsmouth than all the way up here. But, I do understand that it greatly reduces the number of miles one person has to drive... if people to meet here and ride down together,that's good with me!

5. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    So, what is the concensus on transportation? I would be happy to drive from Alton, whether or not the southerners go.

What time do we need to be there by?

Depending on the inside temperature at the hotel, I would be willing to wear the Tusken if we are doing costumes and no one else has reserved it.

What time do you think we will be finished, that is, with clean-up and all?

Will there be food available to purchase there or should we bring our own?

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    All the ???. lol

I have NO idea what the southern people are doing? I know that John can not make it I talked to him today. As for Andy and Brandon? Not sure. Next...

The show starts at 10am set would be before...duhhh... lol I think maybe 9/9:30? I have gift bags and the fliers. Plus the table signs and the banner. I'll have it there before you guys come. I start set up around 8:30/9. It ends at 3pm. If it is slow we can all ways close up early I would think? But it is over at 3pm.

I do not know where we will be setting up till I get there. Sorry.

As far as food? The hotel does have a restaurant which I think will be open. Plus there is a ton of stuff local.

Ok... I think I answered everything you had. lol If not... I'll make another post.

SeeYa,
    TK

7. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    We got some interested people from this area who seemed that they would inquire further about the club. I just hope that the web site is up soon so we don't look too foolish.
    We raised an okay amount of money (our treasurer can provide details) but it probably not enough to make it worthwhile for us at comics-only shows. We should discuss this further. I noticed that we got more traffic when I put the top half of TK's trooper suit on. Next time I think we should have someone dressed as Slave Leia and Steve can take and charge for photos. Perhaps John is up for that costume...?:rolleyes:
    We may also want to discuss using some club funds to purchase better and more current raffle items (or, when we are a real non-profit solicit toy donations from Wal-Mart and Target and FYE) so there is more interest in the items to be raffled off. And although Brandon's models are great and get some traffic, I believe that perhaps more literature about the club, a photo album and that video from our dinner event showing what we do would be more appropriate. We Have people at the tables to answer questions about our members' hobbies.

Just some quick thoughts.
    ]-}

8. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    We got some interested people from this area who seemed that they would inquire further about the club. I just hope that the web site is up soon so we don't look too foolish.
    We raised an okay amount of money (our treasurer can provide details) but it probably not enough to make it worthwhile for us at comics-only shows. We should discuss this further. I noticed that we got more traffic when I put the top half of TK's trooper suit on. Next time I think we should have someone dressed as Slave Leia and Steve can take and charge for photos. Perhaps John is up for that costume...?:rolleyes:
    We may also want to discuss using some club funds to purchase better and more current raffle items (or, when we are a real non-profit solicit toy donations from Wal-Mart and Target and FYE) so there is more interest in the items to be raffled off. And although Brandon's models are great and get some traffic, I believe that perhaps more literature about the club, a photo album and that video from our dinner event showing what we do would be more appropriate. We Have people at the tables to answer questions about our members' hobbies.

Just some quick thoughts.
    ]-}

9. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Tara's been interested in getting into a Slave Leia bikini. We just cant afford one and the one I started making wasn't so good so I tossed it.

10. Phantdommenace

Phantdommenace Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2008
    We have connections to a slave Leia if we want her but she needs at least a month notice since she has other gigs and usually Air Fare needs to covered from Florida. Her website is www.amiradance.com and I am friends with her that is how I know her. She can do ceremonial and senatorial Leia as well.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I believe that the idea is to get people to COME to the table, not DRIVE them away! [face_sick]

12. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    C'mon, John, don't you think you would look great in a metal bikini? (as TK says: "lol")
    But seriously, I saw a Slave Leia costume at buystarwarscostumes.com or something like that, when I searched for costume rentals. This one can be bought for only $54. If we decide to use this to get more attention at the shows, we could buy the costume with group funds and then we could get soemone to wear it, Tara perhaps if she's willing.
    Juat a suggestion to ponder for our next meeting.
    [face_thinking]

13. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I'm sure I could coerce Tuesday into wearing it sometime...

After paying postage to ship the last of the raffle prizes,we really didn't clear THAT much on Sunday. I agree abotu offering current, desireable star wars items in our raffles -- legos, vehicles, newer action figures, etc. Fortunately Ralph 3 out of 4 raffles so we didnt' have even more to ship!

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
  15. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Rats! If only my forearms weren't so much more manly that TK's, I could have had my photo in the paper again!

16. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    It is a great likeness of me, too! Top billing picture in the article, no less. Thanks for the link, John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.