main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The Q,C, & EE Thread 17: "Revenge of the Bith"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We totally need this thread back: my complaint is that, well, I hate the chore of painting my toenails, but I just had to as my brother's wedding is this weekend, and it involves sandals. I hate sandals. But I won't let a stranger do my nails, so I had to do it myself. [face_plain]

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Under "EE", 360 had a loooong stretch of plodding along in mediocrity, but this week has been like a flashback to three years ago or something! Anderson's not all Serious (and BORING/uninvested in what he's talking about); he's engaged again and has his personality back. Good times.

LOL, on ABC World News Now, they're showing a *British* report on Obama's security while in London, including graphics of "The Beast" with descriptions like "Armour" on 'em. ;)

3. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    :eek: You are a worse night owl than I am! *curses insomnia*

The very first Q,C & EE thread, IIRC, involved discussion of irons. And how you really have to pay (Rowenta) if you want a decent one. I noticed my brother put a Rowenta on his wedding registry -- and I am going to be so happy to get him one! And it doesn't surprise me that he'd be in the know, as our mom taught all of us, regardless of gender, good solid life skills like sewing, cooking, changing tires and spark plugs. I'm certain his ability to sew impressed many a gal! And now he's got a keeper. ;)

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    ES, I haven't heard much about AC in the past few months. Been keeping a low profile?

We totally need to check funds and get together for the U2 stuff. They play here on 10/25. Tickets go on sale Monday. The problem with that date is that it is my anniversary with Bryan one year and I doubt I can drag him to a U2 concert.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    What kind of partner doesn't like U2? You can take me if you want.
    I really need a REAL vacation. Work's been pretty stressful. It's just one person has been really pushing my buttons and is making my life miserable.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I'm sure he does like U2 but on our anniversary he may not want to hang out at a U2 concert. I don't know. I'll ask him this weekend. We are going to Disneyland together. I get to meet his mom!

Sorry about work being stressful. Are you guys still looking at going to Japan later this year? I really wish I could go. Stupid work. I can't take any vacation from Aug-Oct. I miss dragon con too. I guess it beats being unemployed so I'll shut up.

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    JB- I know a good pedicure place in Studio City, called TK's. (not kidding)
    It may be North Hollywood. Very reasonable. X chick #3 went there.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I am ready for some lunch.

9. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    SR did you hear about the contest on KROQ? Listen to Kevin adn Bean in the mornings, then call in when they say. The correct caller gets tix to that show and they get put into a drawing to see U2 in Holland, Spain, Ireland, and England I think. Pretty cooool...

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My poor co-worker was in a car accident this morning. She's okay overall and came in for our workshop. Now she's on her way to the doctor. Poor kid.

I seriously thought about U2 at the Rose Bowl but it's going to be a mad house and somehow it wouldn't be the same if ES wasn't there.

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Yikes - poor co-worker! I've never seen U2 in spite of being a fan since their first album. Never saw R.E.M. either! Saw pretty much every other band I liked -- usually multiple times!

I'm going to make home-made pizza again for lunch! Mmmmmmmmm... =P~

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, she got messed up pretty badly. She has a seat belt bruise that looks terrible. Her knees are all messed up and she limps around like an old person. Also her finger doesn't move very well. I did appreciate her coming in but she probably should have gone straight to the doctor. She'll probably be out for the rest of the week.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That poor woman! I wouldn't have come to work at all. She's dedicated!

APL, I do listen to K&B in the morning but I can never dial fast enough or am lucky enough to be the correct caller. That would be a cool trip though.

14. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I forgot to mention that it was really nice seeing all of you again at HATM on Sunday! Wow, it's been a long time since I've been there.

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I wish they hadn't changed their chips -- I had so many saved up I was going to finally get rid of!

Oh and hey LOOK APL and JY!!!!:

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That's right! It was so much fun and I don't get to HATM very often. Let's do it again soon.

Our computers are totally screwed up. I hate them. I guess that virus hit us last week because I can't print anything to save my life, well, except for the test sheet. Stupid technology.

I'd love to go to a shuttle launch some day.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm trying hard not to cry about our shuttle trip. A) BeSo's car wiped out our savings so we're broke right now, but expecting moolah on the 13th (too late), and B) we're leaving for my brother's wedding about an hour before the tickets go on sale! We are trying desperately to salvage our shuttle trip! :_|

18. jerseyyoda

jerseyyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Why bother JB? The good tickets are already sold out. They pulled some kind of fast one and didn't give us all the info. I think another launch might have to be targeted, though there's not many left.

19. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Yeah if the LTT tix are already gone, this launch is scrubbed for us! I need to check NASA's schedule to pick another launch. Darn!

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    How does one get information on launches? I want to go!

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    DH, there are only stadium dates and not many cities for this first half of their tour, and the only cities that make any sense for me are Chicago (the only one I'd have to get a hotel for), Boston, or LA. I WANT LA.
    SR, if you don't go to this Rose Bowl one, I'm gonna say you treat me to a 2010 one there. ;)

A shuttle launch sounds fun to me too, but it seems like demand might be too high to do it right...?

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to try for U2 tickets on Monday.

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    ME TOOOOO. 4 is the limit, I think, so I'm going to try for that for the first time. Demand seems to be great, so it won't be troublesome to get rid of any extras.

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    All the shuttle info is on the NASA site. BeSo and I, and JY and APL all planned the original trip in May without even mentioning it to each other! Coinkydink!

25. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I really hope we can still go to the launch in May, especially since I put in for the time off! [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.