main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread : New Challenge **Qui-Gon as a kid ** updated 5/8/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    OK I shouldn't do this...really I shouldn't...but it kind'a hit me and I was like well it's short and sweet so why not?

Here it is. I'm sure my Master will enjoy it! ;)

Title: A Hug a Day will Keep the Blahs Away
    Author: Kynstar
    Summary: My fave man in his youth having a bad day, and who is there to cheer him up? [face_love]

The fire inside would not simmer and go away as the young man eyed the small rainbow that was shimmering off the large water fall. This was one of the few spots in the Temple that he went to in order to try and reclaim his center. "Do or do not, there is no try." His Master?s famous motto echoed through him provided no comfort. All it did was rile him further. It was not his fault, not really that the other student got hurt. He deserved every bit of it! Why should I help him when he keeps on making the same mistake? Dolt! Idiot! I am not my fellow Padawans? keeper! He fumed as he remembered his Master getting on to him for allowing the incident to happen. A fellow Padawan had fallen and broken a leg due to not using the climbing equipment correctly. ?A buddy system there is, follow it all Jedi should. Take care of each other we must.? Dooku did not want to know what the punishment was going to be for this incident. He had told the student that one of the straps were worn, but the Padawan had told him off. And so Dooku kept quiet and hoped that something might happen in order to put the other student in his place. Well it did happen and who got blamed for it? He did!

Growling under his breath, the eighteen year old turned on his heel to head for the roof. Perhaps up there I can find my calm.

As he started to walk away from the cool, clean water, he nearly stumbled over an initiate. ?What in blazes?? He looked down his long nose, brown eyes flashing and saw a youth around five or six. Dark eyebrows furrowed slightly as recognition dawned on him.

?What do you want Qui-Gon?? Dooku was not in the mood to meddle with children.

The youth tried to keep the smile that was currently on his face, but it was a hard task and the small lips trembled slightly. Qui-Gon could not figure out why the older boy was acting the way he was. He had few friends and thought the Padawan was one, now he wasn?t so sure.

?I?I felt that you were upset?thought you might need me. I thought I could help?? He strayed off as the harsh look never wavered from the taller Jedi. Qui-Gon?s blue eyes widened slightly and he fought back the tears that threatened to overwhelm him.

Dooku was caught off guard at the youth?s words. He felt me? He felt my emotions? Blast it! Tightening his mental shields, his dark eyes narrowed further. Seeing the youth flinch under his glare, the older boy could not keep up his façade.

Sighing quietly, the apprentice to Master Yoda attempted a small smile and the cold left his eyes. ?I?m sorry Qui-Gon?I have had a rough day so to speak.? Kneeling down on one knee to be at a lower height, the brown eyes lightened.

The change over the Padawan sent the young initiate?s heart at ease and his small smile widened to near crater size. ?Then I can help!? Without further hesitation, Qui-Gon reached out and embraced the older Jedi with a tight squeeze. ?My crèche Master always says a hug a day will keep the blahs away!? His voice called out from the side of the apprentice?s face.

Dooku had not expected such an open contact from the youth and could do nothing but blink for a moment as the action of what had just happen soaked in.

Turning his head to eye the boy warily, dark brown eyes meet with bright blue ones. Dooku could not help but feel the warmth emanating off the child. ?Contagious happiness can be, if allowed to grow it is.? It was one of his Master?s old sayings as well. And it appeared to be true.

The slight smile on the older youth?s face grew as he returned the hug that was freely given. ?You have young one, more than you will ever know.?

For the next hour, Dooku attempted to teach

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    VaderLVR64 Oh, that was great! Poor little 'un, who'll drive his parents into the poor-house... :) If only they knew. This vig practically screams for a sequel :)

Layren...ah, laying the foundations for apprenticeship :) . Sweet. They were different...and how!

Kyn: Oh look,the padawan teaches the master :) Great job.

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *melts in a big puddle of mushy goo..* that was so nice to read after a rough morning..excellent work!!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful Kynstar! Wonderful mushiness!

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Loved it, Master! Sweet and fluffy and full of mush. A hug from a little kid can make a lot of things better, because you know they really mean it.

And then skipping rocks! Yay!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. I think a hug can certainly chase away the blues. Lovely and mushy!

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Very cute! Good that Dooku learned how to let go of his anger by focusing on someone else.

8. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Heh... sweet. Qui helping Dooku. I've never been able to skip stones...

9. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Title: He Knows What He Wants
    Author: LukesTheMan
    Summary: Qui-Gon is determined to get his way.
    Notes: I had to take a shot at this. Partially inspired by Layren's story about Qui-Gon always ending up at the Healers, and partially inspired by "Child of the Desert" by VaderLVR64. There was a similar scene in that story.

He Knows What He Wants

"He?s three years old,? the crèche master said insistently. ?He doesn?t know what he wants!?

The padawan assigned to crèche duty laughed as she held the screaming youngster. ?I?m afraid I will have to disagree with that statement, Master Neel.?

The little boy launched himself out of the young girl?s arms and towards the floor. Only lightning fast reflexes kept the little boy safely where he was. He pushed against her with his little arms, his face turning red with the effort.

?Yes, I think this little one knows exactly what he wants,? Nitiri said.

Master Neel made a sound of exasperation. ?I must take young Nogdi here to the healers? ward. He?s cut his hand,? she said above the screams of the little Jinn boy and the wails of Nogdi. ?Can you take care of him? Please?? A desperate light shone in the Gran?s eyes, all three of them.

?Of course, Master.?

?Thank the Force!?

Master Neel led the still crying crecheling out into the corridor, where his cries echoed in the spacious hallways of the Jedi Temple. Qui-Gon still struggled in her arms, reaching down toward something that had obviously become quite important.

?What is it? What do you want so badly?? Nitiri said in a soothing voice. She sat down on the floor with the young boy in her arms. He promptly planted his feet and began pulling on her hand as if trying to lead her somewhere.

?Tiri,? he pleaded when she wouldn?t move. He looked up at her and his big blue eyes filled with tears. ?Come on!? He tugged on her hand once more.

Nitiri shrugged and got to her feet, allowing the boy to pull her where he wanted her to go. To her surprise, he led her out of the main room and into a small storage area. He banged on the door and tried in vain to open the door.

Nitiri slid her hand over the lock. ?It?s up too high for little hands to get into mischief,? she told him as she picked him up. Again he began to struggle in her arms.

She wiped the sweat of his exertions from his face and placed a soft kiss on the tiny nose. ?Shhh, little Qui-Gon. I?ll take you where you want to go. Just point, okay??

He nodded solemnly and then pointed to the far right corner. Even when Nitiri commanded the lights to come on, that corner remained shadowed. ?Over there??

Qui-Gon nodded once more. ?Yep.? And he hopped up and down on her hip, encouraging her to hurry.

?All right, all right,? Nitiri laughed as she approached the corner, little Qui-Gon squirming in her arms. ?Hold still; I?m afraid I?ll drop you!?

Obediently, he quieted down immediately and leaned his curly head on her shoulder. Nitiri got closer to the corner when she heard something move. Something small and stealthy.

Not good.

She peered closely, trying very much to seem like a Jedi Padawan and not a crecheling. But Qui-Gon apparently did not share her fear and wriggled down her leg before she knew what was happening. Then he promptly stuck his hand into the corner, blindly searching in the shadows for whatever was scurrying about.

Nitiri snatched his hand back. ?No! I?ll do it.?

Qui-Gon looked up at her and frowned. He didn?t particularly like to be told ?no.? She tried to put her hand on his shoulder in apology, but he pulled away from her touch. ?I?m sorry, Qui-Gon,? Nitiri apologized. ?I just don?t want you to get hurt.? She realized she seemed to say that a lot to this little boy. He had a knack for getting into trouble, the sort of trouble that usually ended up with him spending time in the healers? ward.

?Okay,? he said, accepting her apology quickly, just as he always did. Then he wrapped his arms around her leg. ?Get it!? He commanded excitedly when they caught a flash of movement. ?Catch it!?

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww that was cute! [face_love] Saving the lil critter! :D

11. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Heeeeee.... cute! Little loving-animal qui!

12. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    I've been reading these and while I don't have time to leave a comment about each one right now, ALL of them have been superb! I can picture young Qui-Gon doing all of these things.

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I actually had more inspiration on Two of a Kind than I originially intended :p This is part two of I'm not sure how many yet LOL. I hope everyone enjoys! I am thoroughly loving all these young Qui fics!

A question -- if there is much more would you guys prefer for me to post them here or in it's own seperate thread?

Part Two

The next day Dooku trudged down to the crèche at the appropriate time. On reflection, though, Dooku had to admit it wasn?t as bad as he thought it would be. The boy Qui-Gon was so much like he knew he had been at that age it was almost uncanny. In spite of his mood, Dooku smiled thinking of the boy. He pushed open the entryway door.

?Dooky Dook Dooku!!? said an excited three-and-a-half year old as he raced over and grabbed the padawan around the knee in his eagerness. He remembered the other boy from the day before.

Dooku smiled and lifted the lad into his arms. ?Hello Qui-Gon. It?s nice to see someone is happy to see me today,? he remarked.

Qui-Gon beamed. ?We planted trees today!? He shouted in his eagerness.

?You did?? Dooku was amused at his enthusiasm. Yes, the Living Force was strong in this boy.

Qui-Gon nodded earnestly. He squirmed in Dooku?s arms. ?Down.? Dooku complied and the boy grabbed his hand and led him across the nursery to where several pots were filled with dirt and he pointed to the one that had his name on it.

Dooku couldn?t help but smile. The child?s glee was infectious.

?When they grow we?re going to put them in the gardens!?

?That?s right, I did that when I was your age.?

Qui-Gon?s eyes went wide. ?You did??

?Indeed I did. Did you feel the tree calling to tell you what it needed?? Dooku asked the boy curiously.

Qui-Gon nodded solemnly. ?It needed more water.? He pointed to his spray bottle that he used to water his tree.

?Hey tree boy! Why don?t you go back into whatever hole you came out of!? Sneered a voice. The green skinned Rodian boy had not noticed Dooku behind Qui-Gon. ?Did you hear the plants talking again??

Qui-Gon?s eyes filled with tears but they didn?t fall. He nodded once.

?Oh really? What did it say?? the other boy shot back, pushing him so that he fell hard and sat down. ?Plants don?t talk you baby.?

Dooku stepped between them and grabbed the other boy by the collar of his tunic. ?It is saying that if you do not leave this one alone, I will see to it that you do,? he said darkly, his brown eyes flashing.

The other boy looked back at Dooku with wide eyes.

Dooku?s grip tightened on his collar and he hauled him back to where Master Perchel, a Togarian female crèche Master, was taking care of a boy who had skinned his knee. ?This one was picking on the little ones again, Master Perchel.?

The Master sighed and glared at N?hirik. He had been doing that quite a bit these days. ?I will take care of him. Thank you for stepping in padawan Dooku.?

Dooku nodded curtly and turned around to go back to Qui-Gon. He wasn?t where he had left him. His eyes swept the nursery and he cursed silently. He was nowhere to be found. ?If you?ll excuse me Master Perchel, I?ve got someone I need to go locate.?

Master Perchel frowned. ?Do you have any idea where he might be?? she hadn?t seen the boy escape but now it made sense.

?Yes I know exactly where he?s gone.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon sat by the rows of trees in the gardens with tears running down his cheeks. He didn?t see how he could ever be a Jedi. N?hirik was right. He should go back into whatever hole he had come out of. He glanced down at his clothes and tried to rub off the dirt from planting trees. He gave a huge sniff.

?Qui-Gon?? he heard his name called softly and he turned to look at the speaker, but then turned away in shame, tears still falling. Dooku?s heart broke for the child. The Living Force was a blessing that most Jedi didn?t have but at times it was a curse. Like now. /We are both cursed. Destined to be different./

?It is alright, little one. He can?t hurt you now,? he sai

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great addition there Master! [face_love] Isn't Dooku such a sweetie? Sticking up for lil Qui! [face_love]

Great work!

15. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Just checking in quickly, but I had to read this. It was so sweet. I really like the way you're developing the relationship between Qui-Gon and Dooku. And Qui-Gon's an adorable three-and-a-half year-old. Dooku's cool too... especially hauling that boy off of Qui-Gon. Really, you'd think he'd know better...

Anyway, I'm glad you finished this part. It was a great read. And as to starting another thread, *shrugs* up to you. I'll read it either way.

16. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, I loved Qui-Gon saving the mouseling, LukesTheMan! When he wanted to go somewhere I suspected that it was to save some lost little animal or fellow crecheling. I especially loved them having a moment, nose to nose.

And great second part, Grandmaster! I liked Dooku's surprise in realizing that he actually DID like Qui, and they weren't empty words. Coolness! It certainly could become another thread, if you have a few more parts.

17. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Kystar: Sweet. I liked that Qui-Gon was able to sense Dooku's emotions and then help calm him. Already their relationship is growing...

Luke: Adorable. I loved the way Qui-Gon was so insitant on finding that mouse and then the way they connected. It really showed his relationship to the living Force.

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Luke That was simply adorable!! I loved how Qui-Gon connected with the little mouse and just had to find it.. that was precious!

Everyone Two Of A Kind is now posted in its own thread :)

19. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I don't like to say the paint is wearing off my "W" key from typing "Awwwwww" so much, but... ;)

Very cute! Loved the mousling. Just don't release it near the kitchens! :)

I hope someone tells Qui-Gon that other Jedi can "talk to trees" too...

20. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    There's just something about a young Qui-Gon that is so appealing! All of these have simply been wonderful.

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ninth Challenge ? Qui-Gon goes Rogue or Tales of the Code Index
    Authors - If you need me to change anything, please let me know.

Title: All that glitters...
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Master Illyana Hannica, Lersen Tyree, Plutlin Pomkum, Master Zherde
    Genre: action
    Keywords: Z?rone crystal
    Summary: In gratitude for his actions, Obi-Wan Kenobi was granted a Z?rone crystal. He immediately gifted it to Qui-Gon Jinn. The Council expected the gift to be put into the Archives but Qui-Gon has another use for it.

Title: 'In the eyes of the Beholder...'
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lersen Tyree
    Genre: angst, investigation
    Summary: Lersen is curious about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's working relationship. He learns a great deal more observing them.

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Tenth Challenge ? Childhood Qui-Gon Index
    Authors - If you need me to change anything, please let me know.

Title: With His Own Eyes
    Author: darshaassant
    Timeframe: pre-JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Knight Dooku
    Genre: mush
    Summary: Young Qui-Gon is looking for something when he should be in bed and Dooku helps him out.

Title: Far From Home
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: Pre-JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Lenora Jinn, Amri Jinn
    Genre: sweet Summary: The birth of a Jedi legend.
    Note: The product only of my odd mental meanderings.

Title: Two of a Kind
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku
    Summary: When Dooku is punished for his disobedience he meets a child who will forever change his life.
    Note: Thought of this while at work today. Thanks for Kynstar for the inspiration of how Dooku would respond to a child

Title: A Hug a Day will Keep the Blahs Away
    Author: Kynstar
    Timeframe: pre-JA
    Genre: Mush
    Summary: My fave man in his youth having a bad day, and who is there to cheer him up?

Title: He Knows What He Wants
    Author: LukesTheMan
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Nitiri
    Genre: cute mush
    Keywords: mouseling
    Summary: Qui-Gon is determined to get his way.
    Note: I had to take a shot at this. Partially inspired by Layren's story about Qui-Gon always ending up at the Healers, and partially inspired by "Child of the Desert" by VaderLVR64. There was a similar scene in that story.

Title: Two of a Kind ? Part 2
    Author: Layren
    Summary: When Dooku is punished for his disobedience he meets a child who will forever change his life.

Title: Lord of the Light
    Genre: sweet adventure
    Summary: Qui-Gon has escaped from the crèche yet again and has found something exciting to play with ? Dooku's lightsaber. Never mind that he's only 3 years old.

Title: First Memory
    Author: ardavenport (aka Anne Davenport)
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda various Jedi Youngling OCs
    Genre: humor, Childhood Qui-Gon Challenge
    Keywords: Qui-Gon Jinn, robe, Jedi, youngling, Yoda
    Summary: Qui-Gon goes on his first field trip outside the Jedi Temple
    Note: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

Title: The Trouble with Qui-Gon
    Author: Ara-gon
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Yan Dooku, OC
    Genre: Childhood Qui
    Keywords: Qui-G

23. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    heh... thanks for the summary, dianethx!

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    If you want me to change it - just let me know. No problem.

25. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    No... it's wonderful and more succinct than I'll ever be able to write. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.