main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Just remember: Anyone dressed as a Klingon will not be admitted to the costume party.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I bought the Classic Trilogy on DVD today on ebay. Apparently it's been released overseas and in Canada, but not here in The States. It's just the movies and their original trailers; no special features or commentary, whatsoever. I'll let you all know if it is worth buying, or if I got royally screwed.

3. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    I didn't know they were available in DVD format?!?!?! Let us know, cause we'll have to wait about 4 years before they are released here!!! Oh, and are they Dolby 5.1 or better?!?! :D

And yeah, no Star Trek!!!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, Chris, they're Dolby 5.1, widescreen, Special Edition releases. Someone in Starbucks told me that they had the DVD of the original, unaltered films. Those I'd love to have.

5. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You may want to check but i believe what youve got is a "vcd" and not a "dvd" of star wars.I looked into getting them but never got around to it.i emailed the guy selling them and he said to let him know what kind of dvd player i had.apparently not all players will play vcd's.when you get them let us know how they are and if they play.i bought a copy of EP1 on dvd from ebay .it was a taiwan version.it was long before the us version came out and though it was a dvd it wasnt very clear.looked like a video tape copied onto dvd.im definately interested in hearing more about yours.
    skip

6. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I looked into buyind VCD's of SW, but heard that VHS was better because VCD's drag when alot of action is goin' on. Hmmm, let us know Tim. If they are good quality, I'll get them. For your sake, I hope they are!!!! :D

By the way Tim, what day are we looking to have our October meeting on? (you know, since it's your house and all!!!) :p

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Haven't nailed down a date yet, Chris. We've got to get the new flooring down first, so I'm sure we'll be looking at the latter part of the month, closer to Halloween.

Oh, and these are Region 1 DVD's. (They explicitly noted that these are not VCD's in the auction. Hey, they're probably Asian bootlegs, but if the quality is good, I really have no problem with that, considering that Uncle Georgie is dragging his feet on us.) Oh, and I know someone who ordered the unaltered Trilogy on DVD and is going to tell me how they turn out.

8. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey guys we already got over 100 posts on this thread. I found an awesome pattern at walmart in millington for a jedi costume, all I need is to get the fabric and I'm all set. No klingons but can I be a vulcan jedi?

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, if E.T. can be in TPM, then there can be Vulcan Jedi. Hell, Mork from Ork could be a Jedi as well. He did have powers, after all. He was an example of a coked-up Jedi!!!!!!

10. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    You mean Mork as in Mork and Mindy right? nanoo-nanoo! Or was he really saying naboo-naboo? *puts pinky to corner of his mouth and looks thoughtful*

11. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    LOL!! Naboo!!! :)

Man, I have to get my floor done too!! Man, I hate that crap!!! I wouldn't mind no floor and just concrete. :p But my wife wouldn't be happy with that.

I need to get started on my Tusken Raider costume. I've got patterns and everything, but have yet to get started.

12. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
  13. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    very funny site. here is a cool site for star wars. starwarz

14. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Has anybody talked to Steve? I haven't seen him on here in about a week, he must be busy. Oh well, who isn't?!? :p

15. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Oh it's nice to be missed. Sorry guys, I haven't forgot about youn's. I've been busy at work and with other things. We've also been looking like crazy for costume ideas, but haven't had any luck.

16. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Cool. I was just wonderin' about ya'! :D

Tim, have you gotten your SW OT DVD's yet?

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Not yet. I was hoping to get them today, but it just didn't happen. Bummer, too. I was hoping to watch them this weekend. Well, I still have hope that they'll show up in tomorrow's mail.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    BAH!!!! No luck today, either!!!!

19. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Perhaps your shipment was intercepted by the Empire. I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on that merchandise.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ain't that the awful truth. Someone tell Postmaster Palpatine to keep his friggin paws off my DVDs, or I'll have to come after him with a lightsaber AND a bit of force lightning.

Or, even worse....a lawyer.

I had a strange idea.... How about a Memphis FanForce Bowl-a-rama sort of thing? I dunno. It sounded like a good idea at the time. Anyone game?

21. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, I love bowling!!!!! I say let's do it!!!!
    What would be really cool would b to have a SW bowling ball!!! You could have a wookie ball with stormtrooper pins!!! Or , a ball painted like the Death Star and the pins could be painted like X-wings!!!

Sorry, that was kind of goofy! :D

22. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Dudes, I am all about some bowling! We could do it in the next couple of weeks and call it a 2nd meeting, then do the Halloween costume thing as our 3rd...what do ya think?

23. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey man, that sounds good. It could get us official real quick!! He he. :)

I really do like bowling, no joke! :D

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm game!! (No pun intended.)

Chris: About those balls.... I bet someone, somewhere has one. I saw on ebay where someone was auctioning a clear ball with a skull inside, just like the one from Mystery Men. Quite cool.

Steve: And speaking of ebay, considering my golf game, it would take teeing off with one of those Big Berthas for me to get an eagle, birdie, bogie, double-bogey, etc, etc. My slice is so bad that I have to tee off in the opposite direction in order to even stay on the fairway. This is why I haven't played in ten years, and why I'm the brunt of golfing jokes in Trace's family. All the men on her father's side are really into golf. (Her dad played the PGA tour back in the 70's, if that'll tell you the degree of golf in their bloodstreams. I bet you anything that there's a 5-iron somewhere in their DNA chains.)

OK, I'm no longer holding my breath while waiting for those blasted DVD's. Seems like an awful long time to get something from Canada.

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Bowling? Uh oh. This would be the point where I would become the brunt of jokes in Tim's family - they all bowl...play on leagues even...I can barely manage granny style. [face_blush]

Sherri? Rhonda? Maybe we can shop, LOL! :)

I had the weirdest dream last night. We had all made little flyers advertising our Memphis Fan Force forum here and were distributing them around SW-related merchandise to recruit members: like going to Waldenbooks and B&N and putting the hand-outs inside all the SW novels and hanging them on bathroom walls at theaters that are showing AOTC. Anyone ever go canvasing with a church group? Something like that, LOL!! That's what I get for eating pizza right before bed. [face_laugh]