main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Rick McCallum talk

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I thought it was a good talk, he talked about a variety of things e.g. Young Indy, working on the movies, 3D Star Wars, The Clone Wars. But I think what got everyone excited was when he said the Live Action Series could go on for 400 plus episodes and there would be other series being created to coencide with the series in the future :D

He was a nice guy especially when I met him by chance in the platinum suite he signed my pass and I got a photo with him!Hurray!

2. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Yep, nice guy indeed. Letting me give him a copy of the TENCLO DVD. 400 episodes????!!!!!! OMG!!!!! If he is serious, then we have a LOT to look forward to!!!!!

3. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Dude - when you asked about TENCLO - i was like 'no way' and then Rick told you to give him a copy of it, and I was just like 'wow, god I hope he watches it!' Awesome stuff man! :)

4. Qui-Ton-Set

May 7, 2006
    I know! I was really nervous, but I thought what the Hell!

I have photos of the event, but don't know how to upload (URL??? what is all that about? I've got em in 'my pictures'!)

5. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Yeah and when Warwick said, "now you have something to watch on the plane", that was awesome. I wish I had something to give him.

Ven you should have asked "so how many Jedi are in the new series" that would also had been great!

6. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Meh - he was being too tight lipped about the new series, he'd have just had to like laugh it off or something!

Oui - you need somewhere to upload them to, e.g. Facebook or Photobucket, then you'll get a URL you can link to - FF:UK doesn't support pic uploads directly I don't believe!

7. Qui-Ton-Set

May 7, 2006
    Try this...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7369&l=e9e72&id=509572639

It should work...

8. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Awesome dude - sorry for calling you Obi - edited! :)

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    So 400 episodes at a rate of, say, 25 episodes per season would go on for how many years? o_O

10. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    ...Math not so high on the curriculam in the States? :p

Rick did say it was going to be a multi-series concept though, so it's hard to say. Assume it goes on air in 2010 - i reckon it'll maybe roll up for 10 years?

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Ten years? Now whose math curriculum deserves to be challenged? :p

My point was that his figure seems oddly high and needed more explanation. How can he possibly say now that the show is going to run for the next sixteen years?! It might get low ratings and be pulled long before then. Are they planning on airing new episodes more than once per week?

12. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Well, the ten was me assuming they do say 2 or 3 series, not just 1 and so there's a bit of overlap! :)

Basically what Lucas has done is said "I wanna be bigger on Tv than Star Trek" He has Star Trek envy, [face_devil]

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Though unlike Star Trek, we're used to a lot of stories of random nobodies and still love them so it might work - if they can get it right.
    I mean, it won't be a Dreadnaught caught in a mysterious nebula every other episode :p

Also loved the TENCLO plug! Loved it and I hope he did/does see it! :D

14. Qui-Ton-Set

May 7, 2006
    Just to let you guys know, our website has now been updated with pictures of the McCallum encounter!...

Thanks Ed!

link http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk

15. Qui-Ton-Set

May 7, 2006
    Long shot I know, but did anyone film the Rick Talk?

I have listened to the audio on the SW blogs (awsome!), but you can't beat seeing the real deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.