main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Sith Hunter Chronicles Part 1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lord_Raziel, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Kalos, Serus

"Dark Siders?...."

Kalos Va's attention snapped from his lightsabers, his eyes blazing. Serus had moved closer to the fallen boy, "We are no Sith young Jedi, we are Knights of the Order, trained under Master Gabriel."

"We are being trained to follow a different path, one where the force is balanced, where both light and darkness reside, for without balance there is only chaos."

Serus knelt near the boy, lifting him up to meet her gaze, "we are the future young Jedi....it is now your choice to be a part of it or not."

Tag

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Angelo

"Another path? Who determined that there even was another way....other traditions do exist. But none go to the extreme in which you speak. Dark and light ..... how can they coexist.. and what makes me so compelled to find out? .... So many questions.. What makes me worthy of walking a path that didn't exist until 30 seconds ago..?"

Angelo looked into the face of Serus, who a moment before was ready to kill him. Her features were softer now in the Force. Less dangerous.

His own features were a mixture of confusion and reluctance.

He wanted to believe in what was happening. That there was a group out there that was dedicated in killing people like the man who killed his master. Retribution, without rebuke.

Such a concept was foreign to Angelo.

It was something he simply did not understand yet.

Tag

3. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Gabriel

Jedi Master Gabriel was disturbed from his thoughts once again by sounds from the cabin, Angelo had woken and was of course shaken. Gabriel stood and moved towards the cabin, the door to the cockpit sliding soundlessly, there the scene was played out before him. The young boy on the ground next to Serus, Kalos Va sitting a little ways off.

"You are awake, that is good, I can feel your confusion. Angelo..I have traveled to the furthest reaches of this galaxy, from the wastes of Korriban to the temples of Dantooine. I have seen much young apprentice, I have been subjected to all sides of the force, none have conquered me, none had made me a slave. I left those dark places as new man, I can see so clearly now the direction I need to go, peace is the ultimate goal but to do so is to master both sides of the force. So many have fallen to the temptation of the dark side, their emotions driving their anger and hate, yet here I stand, still in control."

Gabriel motioned for Serus to move away, the force coming to bare again on the boy. Gabriel lifted him up to stand in front of him, clasping his shoulders with both hands. "Come with me now, join Serus and Kalos in our quest to enlighten the universe to what I alone have found. A harmony in the force, with the understanding of both sides we can save this galaxy."

The force pulsed from the ship, Serus quickly dampening it with her powers, she knew the council would sense the shift, they would not know what it was, since the time of Exar Kun and the likes of Haazan had any Jedi become this close to the true force.

Tag

4. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

His sight had returned to him at last. Before him, Master Gabriel spoke.

"You are awake, that is good, I can feel your confusion. Angelo..I have traveled to the furthest reaches of this galaxy, from the wastes of Korriban to the temples of Dantooine. I have seen much young apprentice, I have been subjected to all sides of the force, none have conquered me, none had made me a slave. I left those dark places as new man, I can see so clearly now the direction I need to go, peace is the ultimate goal but to do so is to master both sides of the force. So many have fallen to the temptation of the dark side, their emotions driving their anger and hate, yet here I stand, still in control. Come with me now, join Serus and Kalos in our quest to enlighten the universe to what I alone have found. A harmony in the force, with the understanding of both sides we can save this galaxy."

Angelo felt the Force surround him for the second time in as many minutes. But this time it was gentler, not as forcing. He was lifted easily to his feet. At his current mental state, Angelo was lucky to have that support, for he would likely collapse from mental stress at that moment. His legs felt weak underneath of his trim and fit body. So much had happened in one day.

He was an Apprentice of the Jedi Order. He had been chosen early in training to become a Padawan learner. Angelo had even gone on several missions, though most were fact finding excursions set up by his former Master. Both had been intent on study. His Master would read history and philosophy aloud while Angelo would listen and practice his forms and techniques. Sometimes Angelo would just close his eyes and listen to his Master?s low, soothing baritone voice as he read to his Padawan. They would never have an awkward silence that some individuals experienced with each other. They matched rather well in fact. The silence was a mutual respect for the train of thought that the other?s companion would be entertaining. Angelo had been very close to his Master.

But now that was gone.

They hadn?t been together for many years like Qui-Gon and Obi-wan were, but it had been lasting enough to form a strong enough bond, that when his Master?s death came, Angelo was crushed spiritually.

And now, Angelo had been back at the Temple training slowly to regain the confidence he once had. He was closer to being recycled into the Agricultural Corps, than he was of being chosen as someone else?s Padawan learner. Angelo knew he was a Jedi to his core. But that wouldn?t make another Knight or Master think of him as one. He was still a blind Miraluka with lacking saber skills and physical restrictions. No one wanted to train him because he was more a liability in battle than help. Angelo felt the strain grow on his mind as he knew that he was next to useless in combat. Granted, a Jedi?s duty was to do everything in their power to prevent battle in the first place.

Angelo grew angry.

That was how Master Drollan had been killed. He relied too much on negotiation and the belief that everyone alive possessed the ability to love and care. His mistake had cost him his life.

A silent tear streamed down from Angelo?s eye in remembrance.

Never again. Never again would he be weak enough to let someone else die while he stood there helpless. Never again would Angelo wait for someone to take his hand and lead him through the darkness. Blind or not, the Force would guide his actions from now on. He would never be blind again.

Angelo began to shake as his chin dropped and his eyes clenched. Another tear rolled down his cheek.

He knew he was weak as he was now. The Jedi Code itself? was weak. How many Jedi had died to it?s prattling nonsense about duty and honor. How honorable was it to die in cold blood, to be stabbed or shot in the back because of what you represent and having no control over being born with a heightened medichlorian count. How honorable was it to be a part of an organization that preached about inner calmness and try to stamp out your own emotion

5. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    "?.if you will have me?.Then I will follow your path. No other Padawan will feel the pain that I have?. I will train until I am broken, so that I may be of use to all. Please take me with you??

Angelo turned in the direction of Serus.

??. Please Master Serus.... I beg you? train me in the advanced ways of the Force?I need to become strong... in the name of our Fallen....?

IC: Gabriel, Serus, Kalos

Gabriel backed away slowly from the boy, letting his strength hold him up, the Master regarded him slightly, his judgment torn, he knew the strain this path would have. Without a word Gabriel turned away, his gaze catching the stunned Zeno and the female Jedi...they would also capitulate or Gabriel would be forced to discard them.

Serus watched her master go, her fists still clenched. Slowly she turned back to the young boy, "Do you know what you are putting yourself through? I can assure you Angelo, this will not be the cushioned life of the Temple, to find the path you must fall, from falling you must rise, and through the force you must prevail. For Jedi like us even more so, for we rely on it so much."

Serus approached the shaking Angelo, her slender hand touching his face, "You are my apprentice, train hard and train well, we are now family Angelo."

The room was tense, the other two Jedi would have been stunned to discover the divergence that all four of the Jedi present had taken from the Jedi Code.

Tag all

6. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007

Gabriel resumed his seat in the cockpit and slowly began banking the Naboo Yacht into Coruscant's atmosphere, the ship gliding effortlessly down into the streams of traffic. Gabriel sent landing requests to the pads nearest to the Sith's abode, the comm crackled in response giving them the clear.

"Tzzzt...Naboo Ship...you have clearance to Pad 22-c, usual charges are in effect, twenty republic credits will be held until you return to your ship where an official will discussthe fee for your ships security...tzzzt."

Everyone had to make a living, Gabriel mused.

7. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

"I understand that the path I have now chosen requires dedication in the extreme. But I have nothing left to lose.... I have felt the lure of the dark side before. When I avenged my Master.... I do not know if that is enough to stand by you or not. But I will do what is required of me. I will not let you down.... Master..."

Angelo swiped at his moistened face with his long sleeves, then looked up with dignity. He was now standing of his own accord. His strength returning to him with his growing resolve.

His body stopped shaking as he regained himself. Had the circumstances been different. Angelo may have been overwhelmed with happiness. He had just been apprenticed. He was a Padawan again. And to someone who would not make the same mistakes as his first.

A deep breath was all Angelo needed to steady himself. He looked at his new Master with serious eyes that saw nothing but the path before him as it was spreading forward.

"I am ready. What do I learn first...?"

Tag Serus

8. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    Ic: Serus

"You learn patience." Serus went back to Kalos, her hand touching his as she sat next to him, they seemed to share a bond, one solidified by their time together. They had passed all of Gabriels trials together, they had witness their own darkness take hold and yet still hold onto the light.

The passengers could feel the ship slowing down, their destination almost reached. The ship pulsed slowly as it finally came to rest on the landing pad, Master Gabriel reappeared from the cock pit, his dark robe already on over his white tunic, his heavy lightsaber firmly attached to his belt.

"We are ready to leave, Zeno, take the young female and get some provisions, Serus and Kalos you are with me." Gabriel gently threw a pouch of credits to the blue Jedi.

Tag all

9. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: The Council/Jedi

The Temple was once again quiet, the commotion from last night had concluded without real incident, the cleaning droids had already repaired the damage caused by the force blast. The Jedi went about their day to day work as usual, the Masters had already convened about the happenings of the previous night, none had been overly eager to chase down the Master Gabriel and the Knights accompanying them.

Yet there was a tense feeling among them, something was not entirely right, they could feel shadows in the force. Something was moving and it was moving with great speed, could the Republic really be under threat? None of them were certain of it and Master Yoda had not said anything on the matter, his thoughts lost in the aether. The Jedi numbered in their thousands and felt that no Sith invasion would be possible, their hold over the senate was absolute, they would fight off their enemies as they always have.

Many of the Jedi didn't even believe there were any Sith left in the Galaxy, although the more senior members of the council still remembered the threat that they posed, for where the force went, so too did the risk of the dark side.

Mace Windu stood at the large windows of the council tower, his thoughts focussed on the Master Gabriel and his followers, how close they were to falling to the Dark Side. Mace Windu knew that if they did not begin to follow the Order more closely he would be forced to exile his friend, the other council members had voted to bring him for questioning but Mace Windu had faith that the wayward Master knew what he was doing. A group of Knights and their apprentices had already been called upon if the mission was to go ahead, Mace had been hoping for Qui-Gon to be among them but sadly he was indisposed, his old apprentice Xanatos had caused much trouble and the two were in the process of eliminating him as a threat to the Republic.
    The sun was fading as the Master of the Order turned in for the night, his thoughts heavy upon him, this was not a time for new paths, for new views on the force, there was to much risk. He just hoped Gabriel knew this too.

------------- Elsewhere In The Galaxy---------------

His eyes blazed with fury, his red saber whirling in arcs and slices all around him, the assassin droids had come from nowhere. Their own sabers pulsed and hummed as they brought flurry upon flurry of blows upon him. The small figure moved like liquid, his breathing steady and controlled, he had trained for these moments all his life, he was a weapon, his masters sword.

With lightning speed he tumbled and leaped, his acrobatic skill second to none. The boy looked at the last remaining droids, one had two arms, one with saber and the other with spinning vibro blades. Droid two, as he named it carried four weapons, two razor sharp blades and two neural whips. Slowly he lowered his saber, letting his rage and anger boil inside him, droid one rushing at him suddenly, its blinking lights calculating it's attacks perfectly. The boy parried the lightsaber first, the blade rushing in towards his exposed side, with lightning reflexes his boot met the armoured chassis, knocking the attack off course.
    As he whirled due to the momentum he brought his saber spinning up behind him, slashing the droid in two...one to go....

Out of sight a figure watched, his dark cloak concealing his features....many events were unfolding....

Tag all

10. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    IC: Zeno Tarsus
    Naboo Yacht- Coruscant

The ship had touched down, and while Gabriel took his pals and Angelo to meet with the maybe-Sith, Zeno's job was to get supplies.
    "You think that was intentional?" He asked himself.
    You're asking me for an outside opinion?
    "I think so too. Any plans?"
    Well, this is a pretty primitive planet; maybe we'll be able to find some type of boar.
    "Come on," Zeno said to the girl. "Let's go see if we can find a boar."

Tag: Aefernal_Fire

11. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    IC Khessel Zarran
    Public docking bay, Coruscant

"Come on," Zeno said to the girl. "Let's go see if we can find a boar."

Khessel growled sleepily from the blue-skinned Jedi?s arms, ?Mnnngnh?I don?t want to be bored.?

She sleepily made her way out of Zeno?s arms, ?You?re?crazy.?

The public ship-docking bay was pretty rundown. Power lines in the walls oil and grit stained walls sparked erratically. The neon colored holo-advertisements on the walls blinked and buzzed. It must have been on one of the lower levels Coruscant, where it was easier to go unseen.

The dark haired, tired, and filthy apprentice yawned and rubbed her right eye with the back of her strength gauntlet. Khessel wished she wasn?t so tired.

?Lets get a move on.? She yawned, and gripped tightly onto the front of the near-human?s tough brown robes, completely intending to drag the much taller male regardless of his cooperation or not.

Provisions, provisions? Someone had said something about getting provisions. Khessel moved like a zombie intent on her task. She liked finding things. It had always been one of her favorite exercises as a padawan.

The seemed almost intent on not becoming truly aware of her surroundings, like she was keeping up a wall up against her recent memories, pretending she couldn?t smell the blood of her recent master on her robes, and everything taking place was perfectly normal.

?First we need?Uh?do you have a name?? The brown skinned girl asked Zenos drowsily while she moved out into the public access ways, still towing him behind her.

Tag: darth_Boba, all

12. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    OOC

Sorry for being MIA everyone! Three 5am opening shifts in a row that I just finished. I have tomorrow off so expect a post later tonight or sometime tomorrow morning!

-jay

13. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Coruscant

"Yeah," he said. "Zeno."
    He followed the girl out into the public walkways, where they drew a few sideways glances from passersby.
    We should activate stealth mode.
    If there wasn't some kind of trouble going on, Jedi sightings outside the Temple precinct were rare. People became worried or suspicious when they appeared, and they didn't just go out and buy things.
    "First," Zeno said, "we should get a change of clothes. Thing's will go a lot smoother if people don't know we're Jedi."

14. Aefernal_Fire

Nov 11, 2007
    IC: Khessel Zarran
    The lower levels of Coruscant

?Zeno,? Khessel stared down at the floor sleepily as she repeated, she half turned her head back to him while she kept walking, ?My name is Khessel Zarran, but everybody calls me Khess.?

She took care to step around a rag-covered tramp who had parked himself on the corner in a pile of garbage.

Clothes. Where to find clothes?

She angled her head thoughtfully, ?Where you the one who filled Master Kadal?s room entirely with water??

Fewer lights were working in this hallway, making the shadows over the huge whipid who stood in their way look all the more menacing. He held a huge vibroaxe and wore only a ripped set of trousers and a few heavy necklaces of some gold-colored metal.

?Well, these prit-ee ducks are a ways from ?ome aint they boys?? A devaronian dressed like a smuggler with a blaster pistol and a heavy blade in his wide belt stepped from behind the paused Jedi from a small alley concealed by shadow.

A rodian wearing goggles and holding a blaster rifle that looked too heavy for his starved form said something in his warped and clicking language that sounded like laughing.

The garbage tramp rose to full height?it was some kind of reptilian with the thick tale of a snake instead of any kind of legs. The relatively busy hallway had suddenly become empty and quiet. Earlier, the short brown-skinned Jedi apprentice would have tried kind, soothing diplomacy, perhaps a mind trick and been done with it.

But when her tired mind even thought of calling on the force, a sharp pain exploded in that place of her brain. Her yellow lightsaber activated with an electric-sounding splash of light.

?Leave. Us. Alone.? She stated slowly and carefully only once.

The whipid stepped back a half-step at the light of the lightsaber and growled, intimidated by the well-known weapon, but the devaronian must have been out of his mind.

?Bad move li?ttle duck.? He fired.

Tag: darth_Boba, all

15. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

They had landed at last. To Angelo, time seemed to slow to a crawling halt. He had somehow changed his own aura, was now a Padawan again, and within the first five minutes of becoming a Padawan, had been tasked on the first and most dangerous mission he would ever undertake in the whole of his life. Nothing else mattered but that mission. The Eradication of the Sith.

Though to be honest, Angelo really didn?t feel much like a Jedi at this juncture in his life. He found that the Order was corrupt. Or blind in the very least. It was a strange thing, denouncing the only people and places that you had ever called home. The Temple would always feel like his home, but the people inside, and the beliefs that they carried with them, they would be forever frayed in Angelo?s mind.

He had much to think of as they left the ship. The teenage Jedi kept his head down and his mouth shut as he walked behind his new Master. His hand idly grazed the area where his lightsaber hilt normally hung. It felt slightly strange not to have it?s familiar weight there. But Angelo actually felt as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders. If only for a little while. At his current skill, Angelo felt far from adequate with the weapon as he was now. His strength was in the Force. It saddened him slightly to know that he would probably never be as good with a blade as Kalos Va.

Angelo smiled to himself in his mind?s eye. Because while he would never be as skilled as Kalos, his vow to get stronger included a lightsaber. And he would make sure that he trained hard enough so that Kalos had to watch his back in terms of skill level. It would take a very long time. But time, was something that Angelo now had plenty of. Before he was coasting through his teenage years. Wandering in no direction, waiting for something to happen. And here he was now. Something had definitely happened. But where would it lead him from here? What would his Master teach him?

His thoughts began to wander unconsciously as he followed like a wounded huurton pup. On the inside, Angelo felt ecstatic. He was ready to train, ready to embrace his destiny, and the path that he had chosen for himself. But on the outside, the Padawan looked like he had just walked out of a natural disaster. His robes were still frayed in random spots from the fight that he had had with Kalos. The massive double Force Push he had used, had destroyed the cuffs of his robes. He hoped that with time, he would be able to control the raw power that he had released. That way he wouldn?t destroy his own body as well as his opponents.

Angelo?s hair was splayed across his forehead and strewn about his neck, looking very unkempt and messy. He did not have a spare band to tie his hair back up away from his eyes. He let his right hand run down his left arm, feeling the torn cuffs. He grabbed the sleeve and wrenched away from it. Angelo tore off a long strip and pulled his long hair back behind his head, tying it up in his loose top knot ponytail that he normally wore.

The Coruscant night felt cold on his skin. He realized that he no longer had his former Master?s cloak with him. But should he keep it now? It had served as a kind of security blanket in the last year. Angelo was cold without it, but maybe that was a good thing. He had a new Master now. Which didn?t mean that he needed to forget about Master Drollan, but it was probably time to move on. But that didn?t mean that the wind against his skin didn?t make him wish for a cloak at the moment.

Angelo ultimately decided to start his training early.

He continued walking behind Master Serus with his head down slightly. The Force began to gather around him as he recalled what Hylas had told him about warming himself before. He brought the Force around him to form his inadequate version of Tapas. But it started to warm him a little. Angelo continued focusing his energy, little by little, trying different methods to warm his body. It was slow going however, for he had to concentrate on walking behind Master Serus and use the Fo

16. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    IC Hylas Errias

Undisclosed Flat, Galactic City, Coruscant

Hylas sat meditating on the floor in the center of the common room of his flat. He had still not received any correspondence from his Master. In any normal circumstance he would not be concerned, the man would sometimes disappear for up-to a few years at a time; he was an eternal mystery. However, he was an eternal mystery that Hylas was now determined to vanquish, which is why on this occasion - he was concerned: if he didn't hear from his Master it could potentially be years before he would locate him.

Something in the Force interrupted his meditation. The Jedi had arrived. Angelo's presence in the Force, however, had changed; there was something highly unusual about it. It would be within 30 minutes that the Jedi reached his apartment from the landing pad that they were forced to use with a ship that size. He decided to finish preparing a small meal for everyone - he wasn't sure when they'd last eaten and a a fresh meal would surely be a welcome distraction from the tasks at hand. He also gathered a bundle of robes and other clothes that he didn't really use anymore - Angelo had been pretty roughed up back at the Temple, surely he would be in need of fresh clothes.

TAG Lord_Raziel; Radiance

17. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Coruscant

The Devaronian fired, and Zeno sprang into action. His lightsaber flared to life and caught the blaster bolt its tip, sending it backwards between the attackers and into the wall of the tight corridor.
    The blade vanished as quickly as it had appeared, giving Zeno enough room to disarm the Devaronian with a burst of Force-assisted speed. He tossed the gun down the hallway behind him, and reiterated Khess's firm statement.
    "You guys should really make like trees and get out of here."
    Zeno was struck with an idea.
    "Also, give us your clothes, your boots, and your speeder."

18. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007

The three Jedi moved quickly through the busy streets, Serus and Kalos projecting an aura of strength, the passersby quickly gave them leeway. Gabriel was shrouded in his dark cloak, his force aura boosting his Knights own powers.
    There was plenty of scum on these streets and Gabriel motioned them to keep the young Angelo in the center, he would be easy picking here. The Jedi master moved quickly, any who travel with him got used to it or fell behind.

Gabriel felt uneasy, he had felt a presence ever since they had left the ship, he scanned the faces of the civilians, their eyes turned away as his gaze fell upon them. They passed a busy market stall, the usual items being sold as well as ones of more illegal origin, from within the crowd Gabriels senses fell upon a figure, their eyes locked and the Jedi Master felt the pulsing presence of the force....Jedi....

Before they could react a dozen sabers had activated and were surrounding the group, people ran screaming for safety....obviously more than one had seen the security footage..

Tag Angelo, RockDragon

19. Aefernal_Fire

Nov 11, 2007
    OOC: Athousand apoligies, I have a post coming, but won't have time to type it out till I get off work tonight!

20. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

The pace they were taking forced Angelo to cease his moving experimenting with the Force. He had to concentrate simply on not falling behind the group. He had Master Gabriel in front of him, with Kalos on his left and Master Serus to his right. It was as if he had some kind of honor guard. It was a time like this that Angelo kind of missed his lightsaber. Worthy of wielding it or not, it was the principal of being armed.

He did have the Force, but he only knew how to use Force Push, and Telekinesis. Which were of course formidable in their own respects, but far from enough to take down someone quickly. His legs were beginning to tire from following Gabriel so closely. His senses began to irk him for some reason. He felt like someone was watching him. The kind of feeling that you began to get paranoid because you thought something was invading your personal space, but when you turned, there was nothing there. It bothered Angelo. He wanted to tell Serus about the feeling, but she was concentrating on other things. Maybe Angelo was just being giddy and paranoid. Besides that, he was with a group of some of the most skilled fighters in the Order. What could possibly attempt to stop them? What kind of force could take on Master Gabriel alone, let alone two of his trusted Knights?

The snap-hiss of eleven..no... twelve lightsabers Angelo heard, sprang to life around them. His gaze shot up and picked up a circle of fire encased lightsabers attached to imposing figures with an aura of dark blue.

...Oh.... that ... is what kind of force can stop us....

Angelo immediately swung to his rear and went back to back Kalos and Serus, his hands rising in a defensive position. Open palmed and spread away from each other, his hands began to gather the Force just in case the Jedi surrounding them had less than honorable intention. And by less than honorable, Angelo was thinking along the lines of trying to stop anything his Master wanted to have happen.

He noticed that Serus and Kalos had not ignited their lightsabers yet, but Angelo was untrusting of anyone at this point. So he stayed where he was, ready to defend his new companions.

tag Sith Hunters

21. Aefernal_Fire

Nov 11, 2007
    IC Khessel Zarran
    The lower levels of Coruscant

The rodian immediately dropped his blaster rifle and began stripping. However, the devaronian?s face twisted in anger at Zeno?s order, ?Why cer?antly bluey, ?llow me ta bow at your fearsome greatness for I drop me trousers.?

The horned and untrustworthy humanoid gave a bow with a great flourish of his right hand, using his body to conceal his left reaching for the large knife in his belt. From where he stood Zeno couldn?t tell if it was Khessel or the angry whipid who attacked first. Either way, it ended with the furred brute flying back into the grime-covered wall with a roar of pain as the largest of his tusks shattered and bled where it had once met flesh.

Khessel spun around from the force of the blow she had delivered courtesy of her tightly clenched strength gauntlet with and the force. The devaronian looked up in shock and the huge cloaked snake creature charged.

The adrenaline. It was all she needed to forget the nightmare hanging over her. Muscles tense and her head afire she was going to enjoy every millisecond of this fight.

Was that wrong?

The brown-skinned girl pushed past Zeno to get at the devaronian slicing outward with his knife. With her saber angled pointing down behind her and over her shoulder, the Jedi apprentice continued moving like lightning down the dim hallway, the lethal yellow light cutting through the flesh and bone of the horned thug?s hand, but leaving the knife perfectly intact.

The devaronian screamed and jerked violently away in shock and pain. The short and lethal force-user slashed up at the huge snake-thing still coming at her. The agile creature shrunk away from the glowing blade, and its poisoned spike tipped tail whipped around from behind at Khessel?s face. She grabbed the deadly spike with the vice grip of her strength gauntlets, crushing it between her tired and aching fingers.

With a yell that let free all the hurt and suffering inside her Khessel spun with Force Speed and slammed the snake-tailed mugger into the wall, then the other, and the ceiling, and then smashed it downward into the floor.

Breathing heavily she tossed the limp tail away from her and turned to face Zeno and the devaronian still screaming and complaining about his hand. The rodian had tripped over his pants and lay on the ground with his hands over his head, crying.

?Give us your clothes, your boots, and your speeder." She repeated what her partner had demanded darkly, blade still aglow.

The horned thug pulled a set of keys out of his jacket pocket, ?Its in front of Sunburst Saloon, half a block east of here.?

Khessel deactivated her lightsaber, smiling brightly?until she saw the whipid bringing his vibro-axe over Zeno?s head.

Tag: darth_Boba, any

22. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Coruscant

Just as it looked like they'd won, Zeno felt a flash of danger sense that alerted him to a vibro-ax coming down toward his head. Becoming a blue blur for a split-second, Zeno strafed out of the way of the blade, letting it wedge itself harmlessly in the ground.
    "You're too slow!" Zeno called cheerfully to the hairy alien.
    The buzzing of the vibro-ax suddenly stopped, replaced by the hum of the blue lightsaber that chopped it in two. The blade's activation was only momentary, but the trail it carved in the air briefly made contact with hairy alien torso, burning it, as it returned to its hilt.
    "Woah, you got lucky there," Zeno said, pointing to the burn mark. "If it went any higher, you might have lost second prize in the beauty contest."
    Zeno made a mental count of the situation.
    Pirate Devil: 100 points
    Green Tea: 100 points
    Serpentor: 100 points
    Some kinda furry guy: 100 points
    Looks like we win.

"Alright," he said. "Let's get this peep show underway... Unless you guys want to get dead."
    Smooth.

23. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Sith Hunters

The lightsabers hummed in unison, the Jedi Knights were circling them with the same Jedi precision, they knew what they were doing. Gabriel and the Hunters did not activate their own sabers, they had no quarrel with the Jedi Guardians and their padawans. Gabriel had made his peace with the Master Windu and that was enough for him, these rogue Jedi would learn their place in the Order or they would find themselves stripped of their title in a matter of seconds.

Gabriel stepped forward out of the defensive circle the Hunters had made, his voice booming in the tight market place. His black cloak dropped around him to reveal the white tunic and blazing eyes. "My name is Weapon's Master Gabriel, I am on a mission to track a rogue Sith covenant, I would advise you deactivate your sabers at once and return to your own duties."

A few of the Jedi seemed to look shocked, apparently they had no idea who they were arresting, most of the sabers deactivated immediately, the Knights and their padawans turned and left. Only a few stayed their sabers shaking in their hands. One of their number raised his voice, his padawan looking terrified behind him. "We saw the security hologram, you have let the prisoner escape, he was a Sith!"

Gabriel smiled, sometimes the Jedi doctrine was so blind, so narrow that they sometimes could not see the bigger picture. The master stepped towards the Jedi who spoke out, he was now visibly shaking, it was an immense thing to challenge a Master in public. "I serve the Order as you do, I am a Master of your Order and thus I instruct you to return to the temple and report to Master Windu, if you remain here I will have to remove you by force."
    Two more of the Jedi deactivated their weapons and melded back into the sprawling city, now on this one was still standing, his eyes fixed on Gabriel. The Order occasionally had such members, they were so adherent to their teachings they became rigid and sometimes a burden to the ideals they serve. Even with his immense presence Gabriel was unable to make the Jedi Guardian back down.

"Very well"

Gabriel's heavy saber sprung to his hand, the green glow saturating the area, Gabriel watched as the Padawan shuddered, fear was in his eyes....
    The Jedi Guardian struck at Gabriel his saber whirling, he was talented but he was but a youngling compared to the mighty Gabriel. With ease the Master deflected the blows, his saber spinning and humming between the strikes of the Knight and Padawan, Gabriel gave no ground, his blade doing all the talking. The force pulsed around Gabriel, his Knights Serus and Kalos looked on, no expression on their faces, if Angelo felt a panic at their Master being outnumbered the two did not show an ounce of it.

Gabriel fell into a Soresu stance, defending with no evidence of fear or doubt, he was waiting for something, something none could forsee. Gabriel had mastered Soresu over many years, his defense was impenetrable at best. Gabriel had mastered only a few of the forms but used them extensively, both Soresu and Juyo were his favored weapons, aggression and defense tools of his trade.
    Gabriel deflected another flurry of blows from the two, his saber redirecting the padawans saber straight into his master, suddenly the battle was over....Gabriel had taught a lesson very few should learn....

The Padawan dropped to his knees over his fallen Master, Gabriel watching passively as the event unfolded. The force had willed the outcome of this battle, that he was sure, the soft crying of the Padawan effecting all those who had stopped to watch, they had seen the killing blow. It would be marked down in history as a mistake by the young Jedi, attacking a high ranking member of the Order which lead to the death of the Knight. Gabriel moved away casually, picking his cloak back up and motioning to the Knights to continue following.

Tag all

24. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

The situation was tense for the Miraluka. He tried not to show it on his face, that he was waiting for an attack he felt was coming. His sight fell upon his Master and Kalos yet again only to find them utterly and completely calm in the Force. Angelo finally took the hint and lowered his hands, letting the Force dissipate away around him.

Master Gabriel stepped forward and began to dissolve the situation by simply using his presence.

"My name is Weapon's Master Gabriel, I am on a mission to track a rogue Sith covenant, I would advise you deactivate your sabers at once and return to your own duties."

Immediately, many of the flaming blades in Angelo's vision powered down and were returned to their owners belts.

Is this what it means to be well known in the Order? Deactivate a situation with words? I still have much to learn.

But it wasn't over. Angelo still heard the thrumming baritone of lightsabers behind him. Angelo tilted his head over his shoulder and saw a duo standing there before Gabriel. They simply would not back down. And then Angelo saw the fiery blade belonging to Gabriel spring to life as the Master and Padawan engaged him. Angelo shook his head ruefully next to his Master. He spoke quietly next to her.

"I have been on the receiving end of that blade. I do not envy those two... Master Gabriel certainly does teach hard lessons doesn't h..."

Angelo looked up as he was about to finish talking. His eyes grew and a ball of ice hit his stomach as his hand reached out pointlessly trying to stop what he saw happening. The Padawan, in his eagerness in battle, had allowed himself to become wild enough to lose real control of his weapon. His blade went straight into his Master's chest.

Angelo pushed forward between Kalos and Serus, forgetting himself for the moment, his hands spread at his sides.

"NOOO!!!!"

Rage and dread filled Angelo as another Jedi Master met his end before his student. Only this time it was because of the student that the Master was now laying lifeless. Angelo's pupils dilated into tiny black specks and his vision watched helplessly as the blue aura surrounding the felled Master began to leak into the air and eventually dissipate to leave an empty shell of drab gray. Now no more discernible to Angelo's vision as the ground itself.

His teeth gritted together as his gaze dropped to the sobbing Padawan.

"You....... you worthless....YOU SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED HIM!!!"

Angelo, the Miralukan teenager who, even in the greatest face of hardship for himself, always kept his composure, completely lost it. His body became numb as he ran forward and grabbed the Padawan by the robes, wrenching him to his feet. Angelo threw one fist at the boy, who was probably his senior by a couple of years. He hit the Padawan square in the jaw and spun him around. The Padawan, still in shock over his Master, could do nothing about the punch and staggered backwards, his lightsaber flaring to life once more. Angelo kept on him however. Hatred raging through his body that this Padawan, older than he was, was weak enough to kill his own Master in a joint battle. The Force should have connected them well enough to avoid such things.

The lightsaber came down on Angelo's right side, thrown out of out of reflex. But Angelo threw his left hand across his body and repulsed the Padawan's entire arm away from him. This spun the Padawan yet again in the opposite direction. Swinging his body in a full 360 degree turn, the saber blazing back towards Angelo from the left now.

The Miraluka caught the boys wrist with his left hand and stepped into his guard from the side, snapping a palm straight up into the boys chin. The blow disoriented him and loosened his grip on his blade. Angelo used the same hand to make a slap on the bottom of the Padawan's lightsaber hilt, popping it straight up and into Angelo's grip.

In that same fluid motion, Angelo took one step away and raised his right leg, snapping out and planting his boot square in the boys chest, sending him hurling away from his dead Mast

25. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    "NOW I WILL JUDGE YOU FOR YOUR MISTAKE!!"

IC: Serus Tallarn

Tendrils of the force wrapped themselves around the raging student, Serus' hand was outstretched, her hand slowly closing into a fist, with a sudden motion she yanked her hand backward as if she was reeling in something heavy, the striken Angelo flying backwards to her feet. As he landed she kicked the saber out of his hand and used the force to bring him at eye level with her, a quick backhand across the face jolted the boy to his senses.

Gabriel just watched, his face betraying only mild interest, his attention moved back to the fallen Padawan, he seemed to be completely lost in his own grief. He would recover, Gabriel knew that, however Angelo was showing more rage than he had anticipated....

With a slight gesture Gabriel brought the force to bare on the boy, guiding him back to the temple, removing all fear and doubt, he would remember this day, but hopefully as a lesson.

They were close to their destination and Gabriel was anxious to meet with the Sith.

Tag all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.