main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The Sketch That Just Won't Go Away...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I had a chance to speak to my connections with Triumph the Insult Comic dog when they were here at the store last, and she's a good acquaintance of mine. It costs a pretty penny to have Triumph show up at an in-store, but he doesn't do conventions or special appearances. He also comes with a huge setup, like Christina mentioned.

I think it'd be cool to see him at a convention, but the reps won't do it. *frowns*

2. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I sought out this little gem on the web through a search(since the link I used here didn't work) and was lucky enough to find the full version, from start to finish, and watched it end to end.

Now I've only heard about the business of waiting on a line for days before the release of an anticipated film like...well, one of the prequels. All Triumph humiliations aside(and while I couldn't help but feel sympathy for all those victimized by that stogie-dropping mutt, I still laughed my exhibit-A off), I was totally amazed by what I saw. Playing boardgames while waiting on line? A full flippin' wedding? Scene re-enactments?? WOW! I'm a heathen for thinking all it was was a big ol' campout! :)

Tempts me into joining you guys n' gals for the waiting time prior to Episode III's release, but I'd have to save up some vacation time from work and finance survival gear...when does the line start forming? How early?

Sorry...I digress. About this whole thing with you wanting Triumph or going to Conan? Well...if all else fails, here's a thought.

Plan.

Plan on Triumph's possible return if another line is to form for Episode III. Prepare something...anything...in anticipation of his return. If the skit was funny and memorable enough to make it onto the DVD, I wouldn't be surprised if Smigel and his darn dog would want to prey on you all again.

Look on the bright side, though...if my fanfilm scripts come to fruition and we start casting, this is one thing you can add to your acting resumes. :D

Still looking forward to meeting many of you at Chevy's! :)

- Johnny

3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yo, you need actors, I got experience. Not on camera, but it's something. :D

4. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I am not sure when the line starts this time, but we are hoping to do something a bit different this time that does not involve lining up for weeks before. The line I am sure will happen, but we are just thinking of planning something a bit different. :D

5. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    count me in as an actor.

6. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Chris, how about a SW wedding hehe, Will and I want to have one with all our friends, in the theater. Reception to follow the movie in a hotel suite with booze and munchies :D then we'll kick you all out afterwards ;)

7. SilverJedi331

SilverJedi331 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    HAHAHAHA! I finally downloaded it and its the greatest thing ever! You guys are so awesome! :D

8. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I still think we should either get tickets for a Conan taping or just show up.

9. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I say the day before the DVD release, we all invade the front row in costume! We should discuss this in detail at our next meeting :)

10. Sardonicus

Sardonicus Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 1999
    Hi guys, how the hell have you been?

I stumbled onto this thread from a Google link while searching "you will die alone" (it's a long story).

One of the freelance gigs I had last year was at Comedy Central (actually the HBO facility out on LI), and when we reran the Conan anniversary special a few days after NBC, the technicians at HBO were in hysterics watching the Triumph Star Wars clips. These guys don't laugh at anything after watching Comedy Central's programming 24/7, but this made them cry.

11. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Long time no see, Sardonicus.

What made me cry was that Blackwolf the Dragon Master got a SAG card out of it! :_| :D

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "What made me cry was that Blackwolf the Dragon Master got a SAG card out of it!"

In the words of Eric Cartman:

"Ah, geez. Are you [BLEEP!] kidding me?"

13. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Just saw on The Digital Bits web site that on 8/10/04 they will be releasing a Best of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog DVD.

Amazon.com has it for preorder.

Why do I have a feeling that this skit will be on it

John

14. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Just checked out the official site for this DVD and YES, that skit will be on the DVD.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ok.. NOW i want a cut of the profits :)

16. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Aww hell no. If they're going to use my likeness for money I want something out of it.

17. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I said the same thing to my dad. Although he said wait until AFTER the DVD makes millions :) If we are on it, I want money. I never signed jack sugar for him to use my likeness.

18. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    First it was a joke about the money, now I'm serious. Sam's right, we never signed a release form for the Conan O'Brien show! :D

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Damn, now that is messed up. I want 1% of what Sam, Will and Mike get. LOL

20. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Alan,

Sure..lets do the math. 1% of nothing = :)

21. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    What you think im joking? Im not! But i want the DVD to make the money first or else they can go back and just take out our skit. Once the DVD makes money - I hire my lawyer and HELLOOOOOO NEW CAR!

22. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I was referring to my own joking about DragonMaster, how he got money and how we should too, but never gave it much thought. But now that I think of it, we should pursue this. If I don't pay off Jabba the college loans I'm a dead man.

23. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Shhhh we should take this conversation off the board though :)

24. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Oh and to top things off for us... Conan is also the same day he releases the Triumph DVD releasing his aniversary special DVD and we were on that too :)

2005 Jeep grand cherokee here i come

25. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Well Im in the skit as much as Alan, so I think I should be entitled to some $$$$ as well

LOL ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.