main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey, sorry I haven't been on to comment, story on that in my story. I loved the cast list, great choices! And the deleated scenes were awesome as well, though I don't have the time to read the PM scene yet, library and their half hour limits! :mad: I'm really looking forward to HAD, and hope to be back together by then!

--later--

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Wow............okay, first things first..I've never had a chapter dedicated to me before! :) :) I feel so lucky ;)

Anywho....I would have never expected Jenny go onto Luke...I really thought it was gonna be the other way around...ah well...
    Poor her though..I mean...she deserves a good guy...I can soo feel she's gonna die in HAD...but at least i got a good mushy part..

As for the Luke and Leia talk...that was cute...I used to have little talks like that with my brother but it's kind of different now..... :)

And as for the PM scene...can I just say this?
    I almost fell off my chair.....I'll put it in a two-sentence thought:
    I wish there were Jedi around!! I want a guy like Anakin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;)

all right...now that I'm calm....I can't wait for the other missing scenes...

3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Fantastic scenes, Darth.

Scene 1:
    A really awkward moment for both Jenny and Luke, very well rendered.
    Poor Jenny, always falling in love for guys she can't have.
    And I wager Luke isn't feeling much better, realizing his "big sister" has got feelings for him that are everything but sisterly.

Scene 2:
    For once, it's nice to have a true brother-sister chat. I definitely think that the EU hasn't explored that subject enough. But that's why fanfic authors like you are for, isn't it, Darth?
    And it gave us an interesting peak into what the twin's life could have been without the walking corpse. Great!

Scene 3:
    I won't go into much details (it is a general board, after all), but I'll only say, WOW!
    I second C3SoloP0 and LadyArwen.
    I want a Jedi as a boyfriend.
    Not... we don't live in that galaxy far, far away...
    *picture of a sad Laure*
    And I can't wait for the other PMs.
    As the odds for that to happen are infinitely better.
    *picture of Laure cheering up*

Now, let us exert Patience, that most Jedi virtue, until the other scenes are up.

MTFBWY,

Laure

4. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I absolutely love the cast list, Lex! Especially your OCs...it didn't quite click until just now that Liv Tyler would be PERFECT to be Danae! And Brendan Frasier great, too.

I ABSOLUTELY love your choice for Mara! You're wonderful at putting these things together; I may call on you for help with cast lists of my own in the future. ;)

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! :)
    JediArwen: Wow. You're very welcome. :cool: I can't believe I made you feel sorry for Jenny! :eek: [face_laugh] I definitely wanted to convey that it was the stress of the situation that made both Jenny and Luke have feelings they never would have otherwise, and I'm delighted you found it convincing. Of course, that leaves open the question of whether Leia's feelings for Han are only temporary too. :eek: [face_devil] If you continue like that I don?t know what to expect for L/M?s PM chapter that would be later than H/L?s one, I think. I will do my best not to let you down. ;) Which will be later? Oh, I couldn't possibly tell you that! [face_mischief]
    Lando_Plenty: I'm not sure what I prefer now - Luke/Jenny or Luke/Mara. :eek: is right! I bet by the time we're a ways along in HAD, you'll prefer L/M. [face_mischief] Poor Ralli. Yeah, she's an OC whose sole purpose is to suffer. :p
    aotc02: You know, with all the ladies I have as readers, I'm starting to worry about whether I should have offered to write a scene about two young women shopping..... Oh dear. :p
    PhoenixMage: So glad you liked them! :D
    Jedi_Liz: Glad to see you back! :D a hint of a possible Luke/Mara, hmmmmmmmmm? Yeah, I guess that wasn't very subtle there in chapter 16, was it? [face_laugh] And even less subtle after you see the next two Missing Scenes. :eek:
    Monica: It's funny how they both have romantic issues at the same time! Yep. It's some sort of twin karma or something. :p
    MissPadme: Thanks! :) fanning herself ;)
    RebelMom: So glad you liked them. :)
    LadyZ: Oh, dear, the guy might need a bit more practice [face_laugh] Yes, he does. He usually breaks her heart well before he gets close to a girl saying that to him! :cool:
    Darth_Leia: Hey, DRL is that way sometimes; I totally understand. :(
    C3SoloPO: I feel so lucky You're welcome. :) I would have never expected Jenny go onto Luke I'm glad I could surprise you! :cool: I can soo feel she's gonna die in HAD No comment. [face_mischief] And I'm glad you enjoyed the other two also.
    laure: very well rendered Thanks! :D For once, it's nice to have a true brother-sister chat. I think one reason the EU may not show this as much is simply that Luke and Leia didn't realize they were siblings until they were about 24 years old. It's not quite the same as having grown up together since infancy, as they have in my story. ;) As the odds for that to happen are infinitely better. Indeed they are. [face_love]
    EmilieDarklighter: Wow. [face_blush] So glad you liked the cast list. Mara was a tough one, I thought, though I'm very happy about the decision to cast Laura Prepon. :)

See you all on Monday for Missing Scenes # 4 (Leia and Mara shopping) and # 5 (Luke and Mara get a lecture).

6. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Which will be later? Oh, I couldn't possibly tell you that!
    ?[face_plain] :eek:
    Darth? What are you doing? Are you really considering L/M before H/L? Or you just throw something to make me eating my nails...
    Darth? :mad:
    Your name suits you Darth, you are pure evil.
    :p [face_laugh]

7. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Loved the missing scenes!!!
    The Jenny/Luke scene was powerful - I could picture Gillian Anderson's face in that scene and it broke my heart.

8. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    JediArwen: Or you just throw something to make me eating my nails... [face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief]
    FAB: Thanks! :D And it's neat that the cast list is helping you imagine the scenes! Very cool. ;)

Okay, everyone, here we go. It's time for the final story post on the ADR thread. :(

Hope you enjoy! :D

Missing Scene # 4: The Princess? New Clothes (Chapter 15)

Author?s Commentary: An important character development point in chapter 15 is Leia?s announcement that she?s ending her period of mourning, which sets up her emotional willingness to ask Han to stay in chapter 16. I wanted to do something more than merely have her say it, though, and I decided that buying new clothes (colors instead of black) was a good illustration. It also indirectly would remind everyone of Mara?s honorary membership in the family ? Leia asked her to come along instead of waiting for Sarré to return. All of this could be established with a handful of lines and an ?offscreen? scene with Leia and Mara.

I honestly never expected so many readers actually would want to see the shopping itself, especially after any potential Leia/Han or Mara/Luke spoilers were resolved in chapter 16. But that?s what the Missing Scenes are for ? letting you tell me what you would have liked to have seen the first time.

Mara fidgeted outside the closed door of the dressing room. She didn?t like this attire, not one bit. The simple gray tunic and black leggings seemed entirely too thin. She was so accustomed to wearing her Jedi robes she felt almost naked in the outfit. Despite the fact that this particular clothier was famous for its discretion, Leia had insisted they dress as nondescriptly as possible to minimize the chances of being recognized by other patrons.

Absentmindedly she reached down and patted her lightsaber handle through the fabric of the tunic. A small holster on her thigh concealed the weapon and the tunic hung low enough to cover most of the holster. Nonetheless, not having her blade clipped to the usual place on her belt made her anxious.

The dressing room door swung open and Leia emerged. The tight bodice of the bright red dress flaunted her figure, and the dip of the neckline stopped exactly at tantalizing. The narrow sheath reached all the way to the floor. It was attractive but not excessively sensual, Mara thought. She was about to say as much when Leia strode forward.

Mara gasped. ?Leia,? she asked tentatively, ?does the slit on the side really go as high as I think it does??

Leia grinned, crooked her knee forward, and pointed with her finger. ?It goes to here.?

?Oh dear,? Mara said. ?That?s even worse.?

?What? You don?t like it??

?No, I do,? Mara replied sincerely. ?It just? I mean? Where do you plan to wear this??

Leia laughed happily. ?Not for any official Senate business, if that?s what you?re getting at!?

?Where, then??

?In about three weeks there?s going to be a ball for all the delegations in our sector. And I was planning??

?Hold on,? Mara interrupted. ?A ball? Isn?t that a little inappropriate right now, with the Vyhrragian crisis??

?I?m sure some people will think so,? Leia admitted. ?But we all really need to get our minds away from work for one night. The Bestine delegation proposed it, and everyone supported it.?

?I see.?

?So anyway,? Leia persisted, ?I was planning to wear this to that.?

?I see.?

?Now, you can?t just consider how I look in this, you understand,? Leia continued. ?You have to imagine me standing next to an officer in dress whites about, oh, this tall.? Her hand marked off a height just a bit shorter than her father?s.

?I see.?

?Are you going to say anything other than ?I see? or do I have to come over there and shake more words out of you??

?Sorry,? Mara chuckled. ?It?s perfect. Really. It?s perfect.?

?Great!? Leia chirped. She bounded back into the dressing room and closed the door. ?You seem surprised that I?d be wearing something like t

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    ?Jedi don?t wear lingerie,? Mara said lamely.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I really have to finish reading all of this, I really do! :D

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    LOL @ KnightAnder - yes, you do! this story is just full of treasures like that!

I love both of these missing scenes so much that I don't know where to begin in replying to them.

The Leia/Mara scene is priceless - the Princess and the Jedi buy sexy dresses and lingerie. Only you could have pulled that off and made it real and not remotely gratuitous or frivolous it's about somthing - Leia has decided to stop mourning and Mara is figuring out a great many things about herself.

Still, it didn't stop me from ROTFLMAO at the idea of Anakin's money buying his apprentice green lingerie, or C3PO's cameo appearance, or Mara's oh-so-appropriate use of the line, "I have a bad feeling about this..." Luke is sooooooo in for it in HAD .....

The other scene is remarkable in a very different way. In some ways it sums up for me the spirit and nature of this trilogy of stories on which you have embarked - the incredibly AU premise of the surviving, wealthy, thriving Skywalker and family ('Padme will kill me if I don't get home on time to have dinner at the Penthouse with the kids - oh, well, let's pretend this is a podrace!'), juxtaposed against the very serious business of being a Jedi and the problems and drama of a new Sith threat to the Galaxy. The way you have chosen to present this scene brings out that juxtaposition perfectly. And as always, I am in awe at the way you bring all of these elements together and make them work....

11. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    ?No way,? Mara exclaimed, throwing up her hands. ?My Master is not paying for lingerie!? lmao!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That would make things awkward! :p

hehe, poor C3PO! I bet shopping with the girls wasn't on his top priority list. :p

Anakin's travel through the skies was a nice bonus scene (and I'm sure Padme would've killed him if he was late! :p).

Hmmm, it looks like Anakin's catching on to what's going on between the two Padawans...it'll be interesting to see what happens when he does. :)

Fabulous scenes! :D

I can't wait until next week! :D

12. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    i REALLY ENJOYED THE MISSING SCENES ESPECIALLY THE MARA/LEIA ONE. LOL. I THOUGHT I'D DIE LAUGHING BEFORE IT WAS OVER. POOR, POOR ANAKIN IF HE ONLY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE BUYING WITH HIS MONEY. LOL.

THE DISCUSSION OF THE BATTLE SCENE WAS REALLY GOOD TOO. I DON'T THINK I LIKE THAT DEFIANCE IN MARA. TO QOUTE MAN ITHERS, "I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS." LOL

13. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Nice one! :D

I especially liked the Leia/Mara shopping for clothes part. I don´t know why but somehow it´s not hard to imagine Leia on a shopping spree.

?My Master is not paying for lingerie!? [face_laugh]

I have a feeling if Luke and Mara are starting to gang up, their two Masters won´t stand a chance.

It´s great how you fit the Life in the Skywalker houshold with the whole dramatic let´s save the Galaxy parts.

Thanks for the PM posts .

Till Monday :D

14. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    I'm still laughing at the idea of Anakin unknowingly paying for his appprentice's lingerie! Great scene, Darth. [face_laugh]

I can't wait until next Monday!

15. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Again Lex, great job on the deleted scenes and commentary..feels like if I'm watching a DVD.
    The Mara /Leia scene..LOL. LOL. And LOL again. It's first class and my favourite deleted scene.
    ?What if I was injured? I?d be taken to the infirmary and?? [face_laugh] Just picturing this has me laughing..
    If Anakin only knew his money was being used to buy lingerie for his Padawan...

On the Hot seat is also well done..little hint of the Luke/Mara relationship.
    ?If this continues,? he said quietly to himself, ?it?s going to make things a lot more interesting.? Definitely.. :D

Can't wait for HAD!

16. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I love how cavalier Mara is becoming. I liked how out of place she felt w/o her Jedi robes, about the opposite of the EU, where she could wear anything and still feel comfortable if it held a purpose.
    That scene about the Lingere was great. "I won't have my Master buy me Lingeree!!!" That's great!!!

The seccond sceene is sooo Anakin. Reminds me a bit of myself. Rushing from one place to another. I really liked how it hit him at the end that Luke and Mara signed a truce. I sure hope thing will be quite interesting between the two of them ;)

17. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    ?No way,? Mara exclaimed, throwing up her hands. ?My Master is not paying for lingerie!? *Falls over laughing* That's a great line!
    Once again, I really enjoyed the scenes. They were great.
    I can't wait for Hope and Darkness!

18. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I can't wait for part 3!

19. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Nice job on the extra scenes. I look forward to the first chapter of your new story.

--MissPadme

20. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh, come Mara... All the EU fanboys just know that you wear very-very-sexy lingerie... [face_devil] [face_devil]

Regarding the comments: it is a well-known marketing rule that females can heal themselves with shopping... at least it improves their mood considerably (Some of us buy clothes, while I have friends who buy high-tech things :D ), so it is not a surprise that Leia is a typical woman...
    "You?re certainly a woman who knows how to get what she wants, Leia" No matter what Universe she's in... :)

Anakin has illegal modification on his speeder - LOL!!!!! :D I love it!

21. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    The shopping trip was a laugh! Leia badgering Mara to get fancy lingerie!

Good to see Leia's finally beginning to move on.

Anakin performing crazy speeder stunts whilst chewing over he and Obi's discussion with their padawans was good. Definately how I'd see an older Anakin. A sense of his responsiblities, but still that old daredevil attitude. You can take the Skywalker out from the podrace, but you can't take the podracer out of the Skywalker!

Great stuff!

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Knight-Ander: Welcome! :D I'd hoped that line might get a laugh. ;) (And, yes, please do catch up! :p)
    geo3: I'll admit I was a little anxious about writing a scene with two young women shopping, so I'm thrilled you think the final product is so good. :D And I'm delighted you think the juxtaposition worked; I was afraid it might be too distracting. I guess not. [face_laugh]
    Monica: Yeah, I think it's probably better if Anakin never finds out about the lingerie. :p And it's definitely safe to say that Threepio doesn't like shopping! [face_laugh]
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! :)
    aninonymous: Welcome! :D I have a feeling if Luke and Mara are starting to gang up, their two Masters won´t stand a chance. Yep! ;) Hope you enjoy HAD as much as this story. :cool:
    aotc02: You know, I'm not sure who'd be more embarrassed -- Anakin finding out what the money paid for, or Mara finding out he knows about it! :p
    Lando_Plenty: feels like if I'm watching a DVD. [face_blush] Thanks! :) The Leia/Mara scene is my favorite of the five too, I think -- probably because it's the funniest. :p
    maramijade: I'm glad you like some of the AU aspects of Mara; you're right that being raised as a Jedi has certainly changed some parts of her personality (like modesty!). :) I sure hope thing will be quite interesting between the two of them To paraphrase Yoda -- They will be. They will be. [face_mischief] [face_mischief]
    PhoenixMage: I'm glad you enjoyed them so much! :D
    DANA28: Thanks! :)
    MissPadme: Thanks! :D
    LadyZ: All the EU fanboys [face_laugh] Yeah, I think the EU fanboys probably would think my AU Mara is pretty boring... (She's still pretty hot, though! [face_love] [face_laugh]) I'm truly happy to know that so many of my female readers think I did a good job with Leia and Mara shopping -- because, believe me, I would never go shopping if I wanted to feel better! [face_laugh]
    illuminatrix: You can take the Skywalker out from the podrace, but you can't take the podracer out of the Skywalker! I couldn't have said it better! That's Jedi Master Anakin in a nutshell. Right on! :cool: :)

I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed the story and the Missing Scenes so much. I'm hard at work on HAD now, and I can't wait to see your reactions to some of the early events in the story. :eek: [face_devil] [face_mischief]

I'll post a big thank you to all my ADR readers in a few days. :cool:

My next story post will be Monday, August 11 -- the Prologue of HAD. ;)

23. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I'm here!! I'm here!!!!!!!! :)

I've been busy!! LOL....

These missing scenes were awesome.....

I especially connected to Mara when Leia shoved her what I can only imagine is probably very small underwear...one of my very good friends did that for my birthday and I DO NOT definitely wear that kind of *small* extremely small type of underwear she gave me....*sigh* too funny :) ;)

As for the Master and Padawan meeting...well...I think that Anakin will have a lot of more interesting things to see with the development of Luke and Mara..LOL....he and Obi-Wan are going to have a heart attack in the future!!! Heheheh!! :) :)

~~C3Solo

24. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Yea! I can finally reply! I loved the missing scenes, especially when Leia convinces Mara to get the lingerie! I was laughing at her thoughts! And the PM scene was great! I needed a cold shower afterwards, but being stuck at the library, well, I was outta luck! I cannot wait until Monday!

Now that I can type again, I can finally update! Keep an eye out....

--later--

25. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    First reply from Patmos. :)
    Excellent Darth!

Leia/Mara
    I love it!
    Shall we have the ball in HAD? I hope so. I can't wait see Han's reaction when he'll see Leia in the red dress... :D

?My Master is not paying for lingerie!?
    As so many said before I would like to see Anakin's reaction after finding out tha he paied Mara's lingerie, especially if he knew that it his son will be the one to enjoy it... [face_love] You have plans for it, don't you Darth? [face_mischief]

If I?m wearing this, I will.
    I'm sure you do have plans about this lingerie Darth! ;)

Ani+Obi VS Luke+Mara

This shortcut would work. At least he thought so.
    No matter the years on his back Anakin is still Anakin... :D

It was almost as if Luke and Mara had signed a truce.
    For a minute I thought you will have us to wonder about this thing till HAD.

?If this continues,? he said quietly to himself, ?it?s going to make things a lot more interesting.?
    Well, at least it will not be a major surprise to daddy.

Can't wait till Monday, August 11. I'll try to be near a computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.