main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Small Screen - TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I think Sooty was melted down & turned into glue.

2. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    you're thinking of Mr Ed. I saw Sooty the other night and he's alive and well.

3. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

Jun 10, 2003
    Well, the fist episode of "Joey" was weak at best ... & I hate the set design.

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    "The fist episode"? I am outraged. There should be absolutely no reference to fisting before 9pm, after all the young'uns have gone to bed. I shall ring the Broadcasting Standards Authority and complain. This country is going to hell in a handbasket if you ask me.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
  6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey 2DARKNESSWITHIN, is there anything in your life that you actually enjoy or brings you pleasure in any shape or form?

I have never EVER seen you post about anything other than (the myriad of) stuff you dislike.

It must be rather hard to maintain that level of bitterness...

7. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

Jun 10, 2003
    SimplyThrilledHoney,

Fist was supposed to be first. Hawk edit: you should have left it at that.

jp-30,

I see you've gone & lowered yourself to SimplyThrillesHoney's level. That's a shame, I expected more from you.

And so, what would you like me to do. :confused:

Hawk edit: Shouldn't even have thought about posting that...

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  9. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN ...

Mention my wife in these forums again and I will make this as personal as you seem to think it is.

10. Moyima

Moyima Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Ignore him.

Anyone who calls Kitt "weak-minded" is obviously suffering from some sort of delusional illness.

11. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    ... and furthermore.

The fist comment was frivilous. Obviously. The fact that my reply, which was meant to be funny, obviously got your hackles up enough for you to post something creepily personal about my family just confirms my first (or ... err ... fist) impression of you: that you are probably a little unbalanced.

JP is right though. Every comment you've posted here (that I can think of, at least) has been along the lines of "I hate ...." (Insert TV show, film, ethnic group etc.) People usually come here because they like stuff. If I wanted to get together with a bunch of people who are driven by hate, I'd move join the New Zealand National Front. (Hell, I'd probably see you there. Although you might find them a bit liberal because of their "soft" stance on Maori). I'm not saying New Zealand is perfect (and I don't think Kitt ever has either, FYI) but it's hardly Mogadishu now, is it? Or Los Angeles for that matter. I challange you to name me one other English speaking country were you'd be significantly safer, where the crime rate would be significantly lower, and where there would be less racial unrest.

Secondly, jeeze ... you're commenting about not liking "Joey"? A show starring the lamest character in one of the worst sitcoms ever to be excreted by an American TV network. Were you honestly expecting it to be comic genius, and were you really really sad when it wasn't? For heavens' sake, if you want good comedy, watch "Arrested Development" or "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or buy the first three seasons of "Seinfeld" on DVD. Or is it just that your Mastermind area of expertise 'the bleeding obvious'? Hang on ... it actually is! Look at your lil' sig.
    "Brian Tamaki is an expert at brainwashing the weak-minded."
    Like ... wow. There would be 10,000 (at best) members of Destiny Church in New Zealand. Which leaves approximately 3,990,000 who think pretty much exactly the same thing. But hey, thanks for pointing it out.

Finally, those comments about my wife. This is something you've done a couple of times now and, quite frankly, I find it disturbing to say the least. Unlike your good self, I make no attempt to hide behind an anonymous username. Anyone can go into my profile and see my name and a bit of other personal info. Hell, there's even a link to my blog. I do this because I believe that if you're going to express an opinion in an open forum, you should have the cojones to stand by it with your name. The downside is that, with a little googling, any person could probably find out a bit more personal info about me if they really wanted to. As I said before, if your beef is with me, then leave my family alone.

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    This has been dealt with, I don't want any more personal comments here. Discuss the lameness of the new Simpsons episodes or something, but this is not a launching pad for attacks on other users.

13. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    CRIKEY!
    nice to see things are ticking along nicely and everyones getting along ;-)

I liked joey, sure its not great TV but it is entertaining.

Did anyone get into reno 911? spoof cops type show?
    found it very entertaining.

14. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Reno 911 was brilliant imo, i wonder if we'll see another series of it?

The new series of Scrubs is also great so far, the writers continue to keep coming up with original ideas even if Dr Cox is becoming a tad predictable.

Anyone watching Lost? The first episode was great, Wednesdays i thought was a tad dull....And what about that polar bear aye?? :confused: :confused:

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Hawk = one aussie we can all love. :)

Cheers.

Hey Graal you long time absentee (sp?).

How's things mate? :p

16. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Things are all good, have just been lurking and watching the insanity. Nice to see things have returned to normal!
    thanks for the pics of da lizards very cool!

I'm enjoying LOST too and yeah where the H. E. double hockey sticks did that polar bear come from? Weird, have seen a cuouple of previews of upcoming episodes on E (the sky channel not the party drug!) and it looks as if some dark and scary episodes will feature soon!

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok, seriously if anyone spoils me, I will personally see they wont be able to sit, stand or even feed themselves for no less than 6 months.

//glares around//

I'm making a speculation thread for peoples thoughts though... follow me yonder people. Tally-ho.

18. DevilDodo

DevilDodo Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2005
    The Current Affairs War begins tonight! in 40 minutes actually...

For me, Campbell is the clear winner as I can't stand either of the other two.

I'm just glad TV3 moved The Simpsons to 5:00 and didn't swipe it altogether :D

It just sucks that now I'm forced to watch current affairs... (when I watch Shortland Street it makes me want to hurt someone)

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Welcome to the boards.

There are books to read, you're not forced to watch anything. oh, DVD's are fun. :p ;)

Yea, John should be interesting.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Eating Media Lunch was just great last night.

The DVD footage was halarious but Toni Marsh took the cake. Classic.

JP taped the show Jono, so I can show ya what I was texting you about, lol!!!

21. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I thought i told you i was watchin it?

Yeah Miss Marsh, damn she's got it goin on! =P~ =P~

And is it just me or are the new Simpsons pretty damn lame??

22. akasha_ishtar

akasha_ishtar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    For all us CSI fan this weekend it is the 100th episode, I know I will be watching this one :cool:.

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    anyone been watching "Carnivalle" at 11:30pm on Friday nights on One? One of the more interesting shows I've seen in a while. Reminds me a little of Twin Peaks.

24. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    There?s an old classic from 1977 on TV tonight. Something about a wizard, a farm boy and a princes. I might have already seen it. Once or twice.

Also United Travel Getaway 7:30 Tuesday on Prime should have a small story about Tunisia (edit sp). They did mention SW in the ad.

25. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    There's another old classic from 1980 on tonite, very shortly actually.

Cuhraayzee.

MTFBWYall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.