main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    And we need...NEED to find out where this story was going to go.

Liquid: I live on...IN HIS ARM!!!

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    The latest "Tips & Tricks" mag has an interview with Hideo. He said that there will be more MGS games but that he will only produce them and leave everything else to the younger guys to do what they want to do. He said that he has told the story that he set out to do with the 3 MGSs. Hopefully the new ones won't suck.

As for Liquid/Ocelot, hopefully he'll get a "queer eye" makeover, Liquids voice coming from some guy in his late 60's isn't cool, but maybe thats just me.

3. The_Fireman

The_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    That absolutely sucks hard if it's true.

Thankfully I don't think it is. Hideo is a great storyteller. Since he'll still be connected to these games in some way, I have a feeling once production begins on the next one he'll feel the urge to continue his legend.

There's so much more to tell.

4. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    "A legend usually nothing but bad news, someone tells it somebody pass it on." Solid Snake/Pliskin

5. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    ^

That quote makes NO sense.

6. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Found this on IMDB.com (were you even suprised) and I don't know how accurate this is but I trust the guy who posted it so take from it what you will.

Posted by Cinnamon Thunder

According to the 400-page "R" book that's part of the MGS3 Premium Package (released only in Japan), the guy replacing Kojima to direct the next Metal Gear game is Shuyo Murata. Among other things, he:

- co-wrote and directed Zone of the Enders 2
    - co-wrote MGS3
    - directed the "Snake's Nightmare" mini-game in MGS3
    - wrote the "IdeaSpy 2.5" story in Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
    - wrote the "Shocking Conspiracy Behind Shadow Moses" story in MGS2

Just thought I'd post this. I just found out about it, even though the Premium Package has been out since the 16th. It seems (obviously) that Japanese fans already know.

So yeah I saw this and thought it would be useful to you guys(and girls) ;).

7. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003

That quote makes NO sense. I actually replayed the game last night and the actual quote is, "A legend is usually nothing but bad news. Someone remembers it, everybody passes it on." You also have to read the post that was before mine for it to make sense.

8. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Was browsing IMDB and found these. They are hidden POV cutscene secrets.

Secret 1----- When you kill Volgin on the Shagohad and Eva is about to kiss you, hold R1. You won't get any notice, but it works. You're going to see The Sorrow standing in the background.

Secret 2----- After you killing The Boss, once the horse is there, hold R1. You won't get any notice, but it works. You're going to see The Boss spirit with The Sorrow.

Secret 3----- When you're shaking hands with the President, hold R1. You won't get any notice, but it works anyway. Move the camera to the left to see Ocelot doing his trademark taunt from the window.

Secret 4----- When Big Boss is standing in front of The graves, hold R1. You won't get any notice, but it works anyway. You're going to see the complete Graveyard.

Secret 5----- When Ocelot is leaving the Torture Room, Press R1. You won't get any notice, but it works anyway. You're going to see The Boss doing Ocelot's taunt.

Secret 6----- This scene occurs when you meet EVA in the Mountaintop ruins. When it shows only Ocelot and EVA alone and Ocelot is walking away the camera will go to Snake looking through his binoculars when this happens press R1 and it will show EVA doing Ocelot's taunt.

9. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Just finished Snake Eater...awesome game!
    Finally I learned some of the background of Big Boss and Ocelot as well.
    Problem is, now I have to wait another few years for the next installement of the series [face_frustrated]

I want to know what happened to Solid Snake and whiny Raiden :p

BTW is there any chance for Konami to reproduce the original Metal Gear? Any plans? Rumors?

10. Ice-Cold

Ice-Cold Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Metal Gear Solid 4 has been announced for the PS3 (2006)

Also, from IGN.com:
    In closing, Kojima talked briefly about creating an online version of Metal Gear Solid. He mentioned that the graphics engine used for Sons of Liberty was not suitable for such a game, as the environments are almost completely indoors. So, almost as test, his team created a completely new graphics engine for Snake Eater that would feature outdoor environments. An engine created with elements from both the Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty engines is what he would like to use for an online Metal Gear game. And in case you're wondering, yes, Kojima did confirm that an online Metal Gear is something that he is interested in doing.

it could be either to put together MGS3 and MG1 (MSX) and tell us how, and why Big Boss turned bad. MGS3 was just the begining i think. and he also needs to take over Outer Heaven, so if it's online, then maybe we could be working for FOX-HOUND in the late 80s, and Big Boss wants us to infiltrate outer heaven or something like that.

maybe theres more info on the patriots too.

11. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    I hope there would be offline play too.

12. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Master_Palpy, Kojima doesn't have any plans that I know of to remake both MG1 and MG2:Solid Snake but he alos said that "you never know". However they have been remade and are on the cell phones in Japan.

13. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    They should make 'Twin Snakes' for PS2. We need it. I hope that they remake Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It shows how Solid Snake kills Big Boss, something I really want to see.

14. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I hope they remake both the original ones, that would be really cool to see he whole story. I'm also made that they made TTS a GC exclusive, Well I guess they needed to make atleast one good game for the GC.

15. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    ^LOL. I look at the MG games as the Star Wars of video games.

16. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I agree with that, the MGS series is number 1 on my list of favorite games, nothing else really comes close except the Half-Life series and the GTA series but even those combined can't catch up to it.

17. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    So no remakes of MG 1 + 2 for the current console generation? Too bad. I think it wouldn`t be that difficult to do that. Basically they have the graphic engine, which is needed by now through the development of Snake Eater. Jungle stuff and things like that. And as far as I know the franchise is selling well... easy money for Konami, right?

18. luke_darklighter

luke_darklighter Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    they hav remakes of MG 1 and 2 on mobile in japan...

19. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I just heard on G4 Techtv that Hideo will direct MGS4 and that the camera will be centered around/behind Snake instead of up in the air. They said something else, but the whole story went by to fast I wasn't able to catch all of it.

EDIT: Found this at imdb.com

Imo, fantastic news for every MGS fan. Straight from IGN, a direct copy and paste:

~

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615414p1.html

E3 2005: Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3!
    In addition to Metal Gear Subsistence, Kojima announced and demonstrated Metal Gear Solid 4 for PlayStation 3.
    by Ivan Sulic
    May 17, 2005 - At the Konami press event currently in progress, Mr. Hideo Kojima announced that he has been authorized to form a development house within the greater whole of Konami. The new production Studio, aptly called Kojima Productions, will continue work on the Metal Gear Gear franchise with MGS4 on PlayStation 3, a game Kojima himself will write, direct and produce, as it was "demanded by fans and staff." Though as we reported early, the director of ZOE 2 is taking a heavy role in MGS4 development.

While the trailer being demonstrated was built off the PS2 Snake Eater engine, which Kojima says is not at all indicative of planned MGS4 quality, it still gave us a good sneak peak at what the game will eventually be.
    MGS4 will take place several years after the conclusion of MGS2 and will feature an online battle mode. Conceptually, the game follows the idea of "nowhere to hide." What this means for gameplay, we do not yet know, but it could spell a more action-oriented, run to survive type of experience.

"You can run, but you can't hide." You dig?

We also know that a few favorites from the series will make return appearances, including Meryl, Otacon and Revolver Ocelot. Thankfully, Solid Snake will this time be the main character, though Kojima hinted that Raiden might still make an appearance.

Interestingly, Metal Gear Solid 4 will include Metal Gear Ac!d 2 connectivity. What this entails, we don not yet know, but plugging our PSPs into our PS3s is certainly an exciting prospect.

Kojima plans to demonstrate actual PS3 footage of MGS4 next year, which we expect will totally wow us. Expect more detailed impressions shortly.

Of course, MGS4 on PS3 is a completely different product than Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence on PS2. For details on that, please see the following preview:

~

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/615/615392p1.html

E3 2005: New Metal Gear Revealed!
    Hideo Kojima speaks about Metal gear Solid: Subsistence. Expect a new camera and online play! First details inside.
    by Ivan Sulic
    May 17, 2005 - Los Angeles, California
    4:10PM PST...

Konami is holding its annual E3 press conference as you read this. Right now Hideo Kojima is speaking to attendees about his latest project, Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence.
    While some details are still sketchy, our editors in attendance have relayed to us information straight from Mr. Kojima's mouth.

In a nutshell, the game is being billed as something similar to the Substance project, which itself was a product that fell somewhere between an add-on and a sequel. Kojima believes that Subsistence will "complete Snake Eater." It is the ultimate addition for fans of the series.

Set to release exclusively on PlayStation 2 (that's right, two as in ooh...la-la), Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence will feature:

A New Camera System!
    For the first time ever, the Metal Gear series will do away with the conventional top down camera in favor of a fully free-roaming third-person camera system our editors confirm is "not fixed."

Online Play!
    According to our boys, Subsistence will allow for between one and eight players to participate in online matches separated into two distinct modes. The first of which is being tentatively called "Versus." While we don't know much about win conditions, we do know that it's essentially a player vs. player experience. The second mode is called "Snake Versus his Enemies." Earlky word is that this mode pits snake and other players

20. Jamez

Jamez Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    So, how does everyone feel about good ol' Snake with that new moustache and grey hair and...well his age?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15/news_6133386.html

21. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Man he really let himslef go :). I dont know what to think about him being a senior citizen. It will take some time getting used to. He can still kick Sam Fisher's ass though. :) I cant wait to play the game, Im sure it will blow me out of the water again. I cant wait to see what Kojima does with the story.

22. Jamez

May 27, 2005
    Guns of the Patriots

The title alone manages to keep my thoughts occupied. I completely agree with you, Atticus!

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    My first though:

"He looks just like BIG BOSS!!!"

Eyepatch and everything. If Snake was gonna look like anything, it would be the man he was cloned after. Maybe he should be bald and more Sean Connery looking though to get the full effect. :p

Seriosuly though, I understand why he looks like that, so I like it as a little nod to the old Metal Gear players who recognize that face.

24. Jamez

May 27, 2005
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/screens.html?page=11

Looks like CQC will make it's comeback. Good thing in my book.

By the look of Dave, MGS4 will take place in the future. I wonder if Ocelot is still alive in that time. He's been my favourite character so far. [face_praying]

25. HP_HoverCraft

HP_HoverCraft Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.