main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Society of Free-Range Gaming

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Penguinator, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm willing to bet a lot of e-money that once Mass Effect hits shelves and I've beaten it, I'll have plenty of ideas for an RPG based on it. That game will be the video game equivalent of Star Wars.
    Pfft. The Keyblade > any other video game weapon. The Lancer from Gears of War is overrated. I rarely used that chainsaw, and when I did, it hardly impressed me.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think that a Half-Life RPG could work, provided that some of the tenets currently being discussed in the GDG are observed.

You'd need to avoid godlike characters - especially considering the fact that Freeman and a select few people were able to survive.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, actually I have played with this idea long before I began doing RP in english. I think it would have worked out fine, but I missed the right point to start HL: Escape

I planned to give all players only two options. Player a low-level security guard with some security background but no special things or a scientst or related family. No military guys (if you remeber the game they were the bad guys, among many) and no special people.

Start the game far away from Gordon Freeman and show how people got to the surface. With head-crawler, vortigaunts and some new beasts blocking their way and an army on a "burn and leave nothing to tell about it"-mission . . .

But Sentinels "Zombie-Game" will probably be much to similar. Killed my idea, sort of . . .

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Everyone loves zombies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.