main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Solo Saga? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Just curious, anyone think this could work? Instead of dealing with Luke's kids, it could be Leia and Han's. I mean, they are still practicaly the same family, right? The last 6 movies are named the "Skywalker Saga," right?

So, what do you think, "the Solo Saga?"

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They could definitely go this route and it might even work better. However I really doubt they'll make a SW movie without a Skywalker as the central character. What I'll be interested to see is how will they carry on the Hero's journey with Luke or Leia's offspring. You would think they would have already begun their Jedi training in which case that really eliminates the whole discovery aspect which is such an important part. Perhaps it will be one of their grandkids. Who knows? It's one of the many interesting tidbits I think we're all looking forward to learning.

TreborSabreon and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    well they did mention spin off movies right? If not 7, 8, and 9, I'd definatly love to see a spin off trilogy like this!

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Even if there's a Skywalker as the central character I would still assume that the Solo children will play a big part in it. So we'll probably have both as main characters and we can all be happy.

5. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    han solo is pretty mysterious and he is played by the same guy who played indiana jones

6. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah, I think it's even the same guy who played Jack Ryan.

7. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I remember thinking, long before the PT came out, that it would be cool if the saga was told in three parts (each part being a trilogy), and that, as a whole, it would be known as "The Journal of the Whills". The three parts would be as follows:

Part One (Eps I-III): From the Journal of the Whills, "The Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi"
    Part Two (Eps IV-VI): From the Journal of the Whills, "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker"
    Part Three (Eps VII-IX): From the Journal of the Whills, "The Adventures of (fill in Solo offspring here, e.g. Jaina Solo)"

But... Lucas decided to make the PT about Anakin rather than Obi-Wan, and he molded Episodes 1-VI into "The Tragedy of Darth Vader", which ends up making the entire story very much Skywalker-centric. There's nothing wrong with that, but it essentially closes the door on the ST being about anyone other than a Skywalker now. If it's a next generation trilogy, then I think the main character will be a Skywalker, such that the entire saga can be known as the Skywalker Saga.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    BWUAHA!!! :D

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see the Solo kids appear in central roles but I want Luke's son to be the main new lead.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why not? I like it. Still have a Skywalker appear but have a Solo be the go-to guy or girl

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Han is cooler than Luke and Leia's kids would be Skywalkers, so you've got both the Solo and the Skywalker Saga if you focus on them.

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Wouldn't the Solo name only last one more generation anyway? Jacen is dead, Jaina is becoming a Fel, Anakin is dead... Allana would drop the name when she marries... so I don't think so. Good thing we still have Ben... The Skywalker name lives on!

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    That's only true if Disney/LFL follows strictly to EU, which I doubt happens.

I agree largely with you. I think we'll see the new generation of both Skywalkers and Solos. George has saod the saga is generational and the ST will seal the merger of the Solo/Skywalker bloodlines.

Completely incorrect. Leia never used the name Skywalker. IF she has kids, and it's very safe to presume she would've, they will be Solos.

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    You don't need the name Skywalker to be a Skywalker. Leia's kids are Anakin's grandkids.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, but for the sake of this argument they won't be named Skywalker. They'll be named Solo -- hence the Solo saga, which is what this thread is about.

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    You mean like I just said in my first post here?

Han and Leia's kids would be part of both the Skywalker Saga and the Solo Saga.

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    So, what do you think about 'the Binks Saga'? :)

Joe Antonetti and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  18. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the general idea is the bearing of the actual name.
    Luke's line being Skywalkers
    Han/Leia's being Solos and so forth

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    They plan on making many movies, with and without Skywalker's I for one would like to see some Han Solo movies!

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    How do we know for sure Allana will drop the Solo last name? Ania Solo (the girl in the upcoming Legacy comics) seems like she's a descendant of Allana and she's a Solo, if they continue with the EU and have Allana marry in some book she could drop the Djo and continue with the Solo last name, maybe her kids will have their father's and her's last names?

Jaina and Jag could name their kids ____________ Solo-Fel, since Jaina has two last names know. But since Roan Fel is the kid of their kids it seems unlikely Jaina and Jag's kids will have Solo in their last name.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not a thing in the world wrong with having a Skywalker-Solo child(ren), male or female, take the lead (and I do hope to see them as part of the ensemble, in some capacity).

Still, given my druthers, I think I'd prefer to put a male, twenty-something Ben Skywalker-type character (with whatever name Lucas / Arndt should decide upon) in the role of new protagonist. Keeping in mind, naturally, that in casting the role, talent is far more imperative than looks.

But still, you know, no gingers! ;)

Death T and Echo-07 like this.
  22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think that no matter what, Han and Leia's children will eventually play a major role, but I do think the Skywalker name will be carried on. That said, would I see a movie where a Solo plays a larger role and the Skywalker might be a important but smaller role, yes.

23. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see Jaina and Jacen saving the entire galaxy (except the Unknown Regions).
    1. Who is this "Jag"? What does he want?
    2. Jaina Solo-the Cool?

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No I want a Lobot saga! Why can't I have a Lobot saga?! It's not fair! :_|

25. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    wouldn't leia's offspring be a skywalker/solo saga?