main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars Information Desk

Discussion in 'Archive: Plymouth (SW England)' started by Sebulba_Sloan, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    Do you have a question about Star Wars that you want to know the answer to? The chances are that someone in here will :)

With our resident Star Wars expert Stuey hanging around, don't be afraid to enquire about even the most trivial things.

Simply post your question, and it shall be answered. Not many threads in BIFF actually lead to Star Wars, so make the most of it [face_laugh]

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Stuey a star wars expert [face_laugh]

I'm the SW expert :p ;)

OK hotshots, answer these questions 3 :p

1. Who, apart from Harrison Ford, was considered for the Han Solo role?
    2. What species is Plo Koon & what is his homeworld?
    3. What was taken out of AOTC because of the Sept. 11th attack?

Good luck, gentlemen :p

3. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Hey guys this is a great idea :) Nice to see a Star Wars theme thread as well ;)

4. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    That's exactly what I thought TP [face_laugh]

5. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Wookies wear no clouths due to large amounts of furr, but in all the films there is no oviouse explanation to how they mate, this is partly because we never see a female, which would explain alot in this matter.

so my question is thus...

where are chewies happy sacks?

6. Stuey_Claus

Stuey_Claus Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2002
    can you please consult me before you use my name like that! i should sue you!

7. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] Hey Stueykins :D

8. clanger

clanger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay Guys, here we go with a serious question, I don't really expect a serious answer but please give it your best shot!! :)

In Empire, during the carbon freezing sequence, why does Vader prevent Fett shooting Chewbacca during his struggle with the Stormtroopers?

It was obviously out of character and both Leia and Fett give Vader a quizacle look.

He had no further use for Chewie, Han or Leia as Luke was already on his way.

I have asked both Dave Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch if they could remember any direction received from Kershner during the filming, both answered in the negative.

Possibly he didn't want the equipment damaged or given that we now have the back ground of the prequels, maybe he didn't want to destroy his former protocol droid! :)

Theorie's gentlemen?

Andy

9. Stuey_Claus

Dec 3, 2002
    one i've just come up with (so it may not be all that together) for that clanger is this

Maybe Vader would have to pay Fett for any 'work' he does, so if Fett kills something on Vader's time, Vader is going to have to pay for it and the imperials are too tight to pay for protection for the super laser's technician on the DS so they don't want to pay for unecessary wookie death

could work :D

10. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    I think that firstly, Vader needs them for bate. Secondly, he was probably savouring the moment. Thirdly, it's unnecessary for them to be killed....

Although it's very much like the Dr.Evil leaving Austin Powers to escape from an over-elaborate death [face_laugh]

Also, Stormtroopers are totally inept and can't aim for Imperial Toffee :D

11. clanger

Feb 6, 2001
    I think that firstly, Vader needs them for bate.

But Luke was already on his way.

Secondly, he was probably savouring the moment.

Could be that, not really his style. :)

Thirdly, it's unnecessary for them to be killed....

Needa, Ozzel, poor Tusken Raiders!.....when has it been necessary for Vader to kill? :)

Sorry Luke, I think Stuey has hit the nail on the head, ............Vader is a tight arse!! :lol

Andy

12. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    LMAO [face_laugh]

Yeah, I think you're right mate [face_laugh]

13. Stuey_Claus

Dec 3, 2002
    *takes a dramatic low bow*

thank you, this is why i'm the knowledge and power behind the PFFC! [face_laugh]

14. clanger

Feb 6, 2001
    We're all doomed, .....'DOOMED' I tell you!

Andy :)

15. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    [face_devil] Oh yes, now you're a member of the PFFC you're not allowed in any other board...

I love democracy,
    I love the JC.... [face_devil]

16. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Why didn't Vader allow Fett to shoot? I think its a good question and one to be honest that I have been puzzling for an answer over for sometime.

Personally, I wonder if it has something to do with the environment. I mean being in a carbon freezing chamber and then shooting off laser guns probably wouldn't be a good idea! Plus didn't Vader still need Chewie, Leia et al as bait for Luke?

Maybe Vader even considered interrogating them all to learn secrets about the Alliance or maybe he just had a soft spot for the Wookie :)

17. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah, I like that TP :)

We all know that the Stormtrooper would have missed anyway [face_laugh]

18. Stuey_Claus

Dec 3, 2002
    why do you keep saying that about troopers luke? we're talking about Boba Fett here, not troopers or haven't you seen ESB? or are you just trying to turn this into a Stormtroopers are Jango clones thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.