main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable The Summer Camp RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by s65horsey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: David

As soon as David got done taunting the girls something collided with the back of his head. Luckily the nerf ball was soft but he could help but laugh as he turned around to pick up the ball.

"Looks like I can!" called Jason. "Or were you talking to those girls over there?"

Laughing at himself, David called back, "I was talking to the girls, but I guess I asked for that." A smile lit up his face making him even more attractive. He ducked under the water and then shook out his hair a lock of it falling just short of his brown eyes. He heard the sound of another ball coming at him and whipped around so as not to get hit in the head again only to find the dour acting boy, Josh save him from more embarrassment as he intercepted the ball coming at his head. Wow. That girl sure had an arm on her. David said, "Thanks!" as Josh threw the ball at Jason and then dove off towards shore.

Well. That was weird. Why didn't he stay and play ball with them? He could obviously throw and catch. David shrugged to himself and threw the ball he had towards the girls.

"I didn't catch your names, hi! I'm David." He said as they got closer. David caught the ball from Jason this time, attempting not to be embarrassed again by getting hit in the head. He threw the ball back, making sure it landed just short of his target so that the water splashed him. His joyful laugh sounded loudly over the splashes and playing of the other campers. "Gotcha!"

Tag: jcgoble3 Ktala moosemousse Lord Anguish

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Jason Steele
    Lake

Jason reached out to catch the ball, but it landed a few feet short, sending up a splash of water that hit Jason square in the face. David laughed and called, "Gotcha!" Jason just smiled as he shook some of the water off so he could see. He retrieved the ball and launched a Hail Mary pass—for once a tight spiral, surprising Jason—toward Marcy and Elleste. It was in the general vicinity of them, but not right at them; they'd have to reach for it to catch it.

"Ignore Josh," he told David. "He's not entirely right in the head, I think." Jason pointed at one of the girls. "Marcy can tell you more about him than I can."

TAG: s65horsey, Ktala, moosemousse

3. Lord Anguish

Lord Anguish Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    IC:Lord Anguish/Josh

Sitting on his black Darth Vader towel in lotus position, Josh closed his eyes and breathed rhythmically as he let the soft wind and the noon sun have their way with him. He could hear the others playing and laughing among themselves amid all that splashing. It did sound like fun, but alas, he was a Sith Lord. Sidious wanted the impossible of him, but still, he couldn't allow himself to fail. This 'blending' was turning out a lot harder than he'd ever imagined. Letting out a sigh, Josh tried to focus again. He missed his Sith Robes. He felt incredibly naked, vulnerable, but he had to admit, there was a wild excitement to this...exposure. Even so, he couldn't allow himself to act so....'happy'. It felt embarrassing!
    As it was, he was surprised he made it a whole day without internet, now THAT was an achievement! Uhm...better not to think about that, or it'll ruin the moment.

Before opening his eyes again, Josh recited the sith code in his mind. He wondered if the Akatsuki had a code of their own. Well, he could wiki that later. At least he was feeling more centered after the Jedi's prank.

An idea suddenly popped in his mind! Josh's eyes lit up. He quickly looked around and saw an empty bucket. It was obviously intended for playtime, as it was bright colored, but he didn't let that bother him. Grabbing the bucket, he quickly made his way to the water and filled it three-quarters of it before rushing back to his area. In a moment's notice, Josh had forgotten the world around him as he became engrossed on a sand sculpture, which was more like a relief drawing. It would take some doing, but there was no doubt he was invested in this project...even as the sand began to take shape, moment by moment.

Tag: Any who notice (HINT: the sand portrait strongly resembles the image on his towel) :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Marcy Le Bon aka 'Jedi Mara Bon'
    Beach/Lake

Marcy had lobbed the ball towards the new guy, with a perfect arc, and just as it was nearing the mark, Josh gracefully moved and intercepted the ball. For a second, he had a very funny look on his face..well, Marcy thought it was funny.

Well... POO! was her thought, as her brother gave her a sideways glance, and then Josh continued on, heading for the shore, after lobbing the ball to Jason. Spoil sport! She waited till his back was turned to stick her tongue out at him. Then she remembered the others, and looked back around with a smile.

The new boy then swam towards Elleste and Marcy, even as he tossed the ball he had towards them, but it was a playful toss which would land in the water near them. Marcy gave a playful laugh as the new boy spoke.

"I didn't catch your names, hi! I'm David." He said as they got closer. David caught the ball from Jason this time, attempting not to be embarrassed again by getting hit in the head. He threw the ball back, making sure it landed just short of his target so that the water splashed him. His joyful laugh sounded loudly over the splashes and playing of the other campers.

"Hi! Im Marcy." Marcy replied as she spoke to David. She then smiled, and looked over her shoulder. "And that over there is my friend Elleste." she added, introducing her new friend to David as well.

Suddenly, Marcy saw the ball that Jason was throwing at them, in perfect 'football' form, heading straight for them. With a grin, Marcy jumped to catch the ball.

As she did, she heard Jason tell David, "Ignore Josh," He said. "He's not entirely right in the head, I think." Jason pointed at one of the girls. "Marcy can tell you more about him than I can."

Marcy wasnt going to say a word, unless pressed. Instead, she caught the ball, and then came down in a nosy splash, going down into the water as she tossed the ball back towards the guys. When she bobbed back up laughing, she noted her brother was now busy playing in the sand. She had not seen him do that in ages. It was kinda nice to see him actually look like he was enjoying himself. Or at least, in the activity around him. She wiped her face, and grinned.

"Nice toss!" she told Jason as she kicked her feet. She hoped Elleste would talk to the guys. Marcy looked over at David. "So...what are you in for?" she asked jokingly, as she bobbed in the water, relaxing.

Tag: s65horsey, moosemousse, jcgoble3, Lord Anguish

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    OOC: I'm going away for a few days, so if anyone wants to take control of Elleste while I'm gone then feel free. :)

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: No problem!

In the Lake

David was definitely enjoying himself while playing ball with his new hopefully friends Marcy, Elleste, and Josh. He held his hands out to shield himself from the splash Marcy caused as she dove into the water after a ball. She emerged laughing with water dripping off of her and the ball triumphantly in her hand.

"So...what are you in for?" she asked.

"Ahh the classic Summer Camp question..." David began. "Well my parents like to travel a lot and would rather not take me with them so I spend the summer bumping around to various camps."

He shrugged and watched as a ball went sailing over his head and landed on the beach. "It isn't a big deal and by now I'm used to it. Besides, where else can I meet pretty girls like you?"

David grinned showing dimples on his cheeks and ran up to the beach to pick up the ball. As he got near the ball which had landed by Josh he noticed something in the sand.

"Whoa, dude, is that Darth Vader?" He asked Josh, noticing the image resembled one of his favorite villains of all time.

Tag: Ktala Lord Anguish jcgoble3 moosemousse

7. Lord Anguish

Sep 4, 2012
    IC:Lord Anguish/Josh

Beach/Lake

"Whoa, dude, is that Darth Vader?"

Josh froze for a brief second. He was so engrossed on crafting the sculpture to perfection, that he hadn't heard the new guy walking near him, or much of anything for that matter. In that instant, many reactions to the question presented themselves to him, mostly sithly ones...HOWEVER; there was something about the way the new kid said 'Darth Vader', that hinted at an underlying admiration for the Lord of the Sith. Could it be...? No way, it had to be a trick, but what if...

Like a true artisan, Josh stopped his crafting for a moment and looked up from his sitting position. His hands were full of sand, so he had to use his forearm to wipe some of his hair from his face. He wanted to remain composed and neutral, but he could feel his facial muscles betraying him. His cool mask was being spoiled by a hint of a smile.

"Yes, it is Lord Vader." He responded. Amicably. To his own surprise. Josh was about to ask a question of his own, then noticed how everyone had stopped and was looking their way. The new guy had a nerf ball in his hands, Mars, her friend, and Jason, seemed to be waiting on the new guy, who on closer inspection, looked like some kind of 'teen model'. A coruscanti luminary lost in the outer-rim planets.

"If you wanna chat galaxy far away stuff, I'm good for it." Josh put in after a beat, then glanced at the nerf ball, back to the others by the beach and then back to the new kid. "They're waiting on you." He said, then against his better judgement, he added: "I'll let you know when it's finished." He'd begun to turn, but managed to stop himself and waited for the new guy to say something, if at all, before returning his focus to the most iconic character in the history of science fiction, at least in his opinion.

Sidious wanted him to 'interact' with others, which he totally 'FAILED' at. Josh withheld an internal sigh and made-up his mind to try again, even if he already knew it would be futile.

Tag: s65horsey,Ktala,jcgoble3,moosemousse

OOC: Enjoy your trip, moosemousse, and grats on your colors jcgoble3! :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    IC: Elleste

"It isn't a big deal and by now I'm used to it. Besides, where else can I meet pretty girls like you?"

Elleste blinked at the new guy, not sure what to do or so. She had never been called pretty, only how ugly and unattractive she was. She saw he had cute dimples though.

When he commented on the drawing on the sand, Elleste felt relieved and hoped she'd be forgotten if only for a few moments and that the comment about her being pretty was lost forever.

She turned to Marcy, "I'm going to get out of the water now. I think I'll just sit and watch for a bit." Then she waded out the lake and wandered a short distance up the beach. There she turned and sat down, just watching quietly.

TAG: all

OOC: t'was a good weekend.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back Moosemousse!!

Beach/Lake

Marcy caught the ball that Jason had thrown, and tossed it back playfully. She asked the new kid David about his late arrival as Jason threw the ball again.

"Ahh the classic Summer Camp question..." David began. "Well my parents like to travel a lot and would rather not take me with them so I spend the summer bumping around to various camps."

He shrugged and watched as a ball went sailing over his head and landed on the beach. "It isn't a big deal and by now I'm used to it. Besides, where else can I meet pretty girls like you?" At least he had a good attitude about it, Marcy thought to herself. And a sense of humor to boot.

Marcy laughed a bit, and then turned to grin at Elleste. She expected a smile or something. Elleste blinked at the new guy, looking more like a deer caught in the headlights. When David turned to head for the sand near Josh to grab the ball, she turned to Marcy, "I'm going to get out of the water now. I think I'll just sit and watch for a bit." Then she waded out the lake and wandered a short distance up the beach. There she turned and sat down, just watching quietly.

*sigh*

The girl did NOT take compliments well. Marcy simply nodded, as she watched her go and sit on the sand. She looked around. David and Josh seemed to be talking. Marcy looked over at Jason.

"Oh well. While we wait..." She laughed as she lobbed one of the nerf toys at Jason. "I wonder how long they gonna make us get waterlogged out here, before we have to play something else?" Marcy stated with a grin. "Guess it could be worse though." She looked around. "Wonder what happened to the non swimmers?" she asked generally, curious as to what others were doing.

TAG: s65horsey, moosemousse, jcgoble3, Lord Anguish
    Anyone else out there?!?!?! :p

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Jason Steele
    Lake

"Oh well. While we wait..." Marcy threw a ball high in the air, and Jason tracked it, swimming a couple of strokes to get under it. "I wonder how long they gonna make us get waterlogged out here, before we have to—" A light breeze caught the ball at the last minute, and Jason had to dive for the ball, going underwater for a few seconds and missing the rest of the sentence. He came up, holding the ball underwater. "Guess it could be worse though," Marcy commented, grinning.

Jason shrugged. "I'm bored. Throwing a ball back and forth gets old quick. We need an organized activity of some kind."

"Wonder what happened to the non swimmers?"

"I don't know, and as long as they're not drowning, I don't care. I'm going to go up to the beach and lay down for a bit. Maybe take a short nap." Jason abruptly brought the ball up and fired a bullet at Marcy in one smooth motion, then grinned and swam as fast as he could toward the beach. At the beach, he noticed David talking to Josh, who was building a rather nice sculpture of Darth Vader, but said nothing. He laid down about fifty yards away and closed his eyes; within a minute he had drifted off to sleep. He was a rather light sleeper, though, and so it wouldn't take much to wake him up.

TAG: All

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Beach/Lake

"Guess it could be worse though," Marcy commented, grinning. Jason shrugged. "I'm bored. Throwing a ball back and forth gets old quick. We need an organized activity of some kind." Marcy didnt really have anything to say to that, so she just nodded her head at Jason. She really coudlnt think of anything at the moment. If there was a slide or something...

"Wonder what happened to the non swimmers?" Marcy mused aloud. Jason's retort was quick. "I don't know, and as long as they're not drowning, I don't care. I'm going to go up to the beach and lay down for a bit. Maybe take a short nap." he told her as he fired another fast ball in her direction. By the time she reached the ball, she could hear splashing. She saw that Jason was busy swimming towards the beach as fast as he could.

'BOYS!' Marcy thought furiously to herself, as she turned away, grabbing the ball tightly. She was quick to make sure her brother did not notice her change in mood. It was a good thing he was busy with his sand sculpture. She quickly slid her googles down to cover her eyes as she turned back to look towards the shore once more. Jason was on the shore now, and he looked as if he was already trying to go to sleep.

'Boys were a PAIN!', Marcy thought to herself. Didnt even want to try... just rather be a lazy slug, and go lay on the beach. Cutie boy was talking with lord sulks-a-lot. And Elleste was - well being herself.

*sigh.*

Marcy threw the ball towards the beach, away from the others. No one else seemed interested now. Marcy looked down into the water, looking at the bottom of the lake. For a moment, she thought about searching the waterline. Bet a few folks had probably lost something in the water out here.. No. Her heart wasnt really into it right now. The boys had ruined it now.

They sucked. And Elleste seemed to be more interesting in hiding. This was going to be a very boring camp, and this was all that they did. Thank goodness she had her own items to keep her busy. With a noisy splash, she slipped back into the water. So let them all be stuck in the mud. It was nice out, and the sun was out and it was warm. She came up, and gently floated on her back, bobbing slowly with the small waves, as she listened to the sounds around her. She blew a strong stream of air from her mouth.

'There is no anger...there is only peace...' Marcy gently recited.

Yeah, right.

Let the fun killers sop out on the sand. She would enjoy this bit of peace, until the counselors called for some other activity to be had. Too bad she didnt have her waterproof player with her. With a small giggle, she spashed a bit of water with her foot.

Oh poo!

Boys were just a pain.

TAG: s65horsey, moosemousse, jcgoble3, Lord Anguish

Lord Anguish and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The afternoon sun was up in the sky now, all semblance of the morning rain had dissipated and gave way to an absolutely gorgeous day. Frampus sat in his chair on the beach and watched the campers swim around. He noticed David trying to integrate himself into the group of semi-outcasts that included the boy Blinkfellow claimed thought he was a Sith, his sister who pretended she wasn’t related to him, an awkward girl she had befriended and Jason who actually seemed quite normal for a camper as far as Frampus was concerned.

The campers seemed to be handling themselves well so Frampus peaked in on Blinkfellow’s group. The pudgy girl, Abby, was doing her best to teach Brian to swim. The problem being that Brian appeared absolutely petrified of the water. The girl had patiently worked with him for about 45 minutes now and had finally convinced him to get his face wet. That was the first step in learning how to swim, trusting enough that you could put your face in the water. Luckily for Brian he was tall and could wade out pretty far on his own so he didn’t necessarily need to swim. He’d used that logic on Abby causing her to giggle before going back to showing him how to use his arms and legs to keep oneself up in the water and propel oneself forwards.

The other campers in the group were actually swimming fairly confidently around their little area and a few had passed the water test and decided to venture off towards the group of others playing ball and playing games in the water. As much as Frampus would have loved to stay here most of the day and soak up some sun, he knew that the campers would soon be getting restless. Several had already removed themselves from the water and a couple of those had dangerously fallen asleep on the beach in the hot sun.

He stood up and stretched. His muscles always got tight after sleeping on the horrible camp beds and he needed to remember to do more stretches in the morning. Frampus grumbled to himself about getting older and waved to catch Blinkfellow’s attention. When he did, the older camp counselor pointed to his wrist to signal that it was time to round up the students and get back to camp. Blinkfellow nodded at the signal and started bellowing orders to finish up their games and form a line on the beach in 5 minutes. From there they were going back to eat and then they were going to the canoe house for more fun in the water this afternoon. The only person who hadn't completely passed the test was Brian and he could be put with a strong swimmer like Abby who could drag him to shore if need be if he happened to fall out of the canoe.

Once all the campers were lined up on the beach, Frampus informed them of the plans for the rest of the afternoon. "The cooks have ham, turkey, and cheese sandwiches, chips, and veggies for lunch. Once you are finished we are going to embark on a canoe adventure!"

Tag: Ktala Lord Anguish jcgoble3 moosemousse DarthIntegral

Beach

"Yes it's Lord Vader." Josh replied to David's question. David noted that Josh spoke with much reverence in his voice as he said the words Lord Vader and was kind of excited to talk about Star Wars with someone. David had been a closet fan for many years but it wasn't "cool" to like Star Wars in his group of athletic friends so he didn't often get the chance to speak with people about it.

"If you wanna chat galaxy far away stuff, I'm good for it." Josh put in after a beat, then glanced at the nerf ball, back to the others by the beach and then back to the new kid. "They're waiting on you." He said, then against his better judgement, he added: "I'll let you know when it's finished."

David was kind of taken aback at this dismissal. He had planned on joining Josh and hopefully helping him with his sand art and talking about Star Wars, but after the obvious dismissal, David realized he wasn't entirely welcome here. He nodded at Josh and grabbed the ball before trotting into the water with it. He gave the guy nod to Jason as he walked out of the water and went to lay on the beach. David scanned the water for Marcy and couldn't find her at first. Then he saw that she was floating out in the water by herself. David grinned to himself and lobbed the ball so that it landed on her stomach.

He was on his way out to see her reaction when Blinkfellow started rounding up the campers with his booming voice. David sighed and headed back to the beach slowly, hoping that Marcy would catch up to him.

Tag: ktala and Lord Anguish

13. Lord Anguish

Sep 4, 2012
    IC: Lord Anguish/Josh

The sun was shinning and the skies was blue, the water clear and bright, so why did he feel like such a jerk? Josh felt a pang of regret as he noticed how his words had somehow 'stung' the new kid. That had not been his intention at all. What did he say wrong? He was used to being the one to always get his feelings hurt, that's why he kept it all bottled inside where it was safe. Now it appeared he had somehow offended without intent.The new kid recognized Lord Vader right away! That gave him major points! So what the heck just happened? Gah! Socializing was such a PAIN!!

The new kid nodded and departed without a word and without offering ridicule in return, fanning the flames of guilt in the process. Josh turned and stared at the image of Vader, and stared at it, eyes unblinking. His mind subconsciously sifting through unbidden memories.

"What!? Did I upset you again, STOP all this sensitive B**** ***** and 'man up'! Dammit! You're too much like your mother!"

"If you want friends, you'll need to learn to be a friend first, that's how it works my son. Give it a try, you'll see…

"What's wrong with you! I asked you a question. Look at me when I'm talking to you, dammit! LOOK AT ME!!"

"You can't please everyone. That's simply impossible. Whatever you do, do it because you want to, for your own reasons and no one else's.

"MAY I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!"

Josh was snapped out of his musings by Blinkfellow's bellowing voice. He'd almost forgotten where he was, and now they had 5 minutes to form up. They were finally leaving the 'beach'. After a brief pause to collect his wits, Josh grabbed his bag and his black 'Vader' towel and made for the outdoor showers, where he rinsed-off the excess sand from his person. He then found a tree to obscure him from view and changed back into his black jeans and t-shirt, sighing in relief as he did so. *Ahhh* He then quickly moved to join the forming line. His eyes scanned the growing group, then found what he was looking for. Taking a breath and gathering his nerves, he kept his gaze focused as he walked up to the new kid.

"Hey…hum…I didn't get to finish it…and, ah…sorry 'bout that. Artist stuff…y'know."

Josh felt like he needed a bullet in the head. He absolutely hated awkward moments. Especially with his sister nearby. His eyes moved against his own will as they caught a quick glimpse of his sister's friend. self-detonation would have been great right about then.

"Name's Josh. Chat later…."

And without waiting, he moved on to the back of the line where he belonged, eyes forward. He didn't realize he was holding his breath until he got there. At the moment, he didn't want to think about Marcy and what she would or say do later, something 'mocking' no doubt. Apologizing was the absolute pits! If that was so hard, he imagined he'd drop dead the moment he even attempted to strike a convo with his sister's friend, should he ever gather enough courage to even do it. The Tall guy seemed to manage talking to the pudgy girl easily enough…

*sigh*

"The cooks have ham, turkey, and cheese sandwiches, chips, and veggies for lunch. Once you are finished we are going to embark on a canoe adventure!" Frampus informed.

But Josh wasn't really listening. His thoughts and attention were elsewhere, as his gaze looked down to the ground.

'Anguish or Josh…which one yer gonna be, which one…..'

Tag:s65horsey,Ktala,jcgoble3,moosemousse,DarthIntegral

s65horsey likes this.
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Beach/Lake

She sulked.

Yeah..not like she was going to let anyone see it, as she floated gently on her back, enjoying the waves. But she was ticked off. She had guessed wrong about one boy, it seemed. Stuck up little...

Marcy snorted hard, as she kicked with foot, setting out a splash of water. Yeah. Jerk. But the new guy, David. Yeah, he seemed pretty intere-

Marcy was so busy thiking, that at first the shadow that suddenly came across her didnt register. But then, there was the ball, and Marcy instively pulled her feet up, which caused her to immediately sink.

*ACK!*

She caught the ball with a grin, and stood up, looking to see who had thrown it. Thats when she heard Blinkfellow's bellow calling all the campers in. She saw that David was just turning to walk back out of the water. She soooo wanted to aim the ball at his head, but figured that was not a good thing to do, with the counsellors right there, so she just climbed out of the lake, tossing the ball over to the side. The other guy, Frampus was talking to the other campers, and it actually sounded interesting. Marcy stopped long enough to grab her towel, and began to dry herself off as she walked. She put her slippers on her feet, and walked over to where everyone was standing. Marcy moved over next to David, and she gave him a grin, but didnt say anything.

Framus was droning on. "The cooks have ham, turkey, and cheese sandwiches, chips, and veggies for lunch. Once you are finished we are going to embark on a canoe adventure!" Well, lunch sounded great. But the canoe sounded really fun. She had never been canoing before. She leaned over and asked David.."So, did I miss anything interesting?" as they all stood listening. She saw her brother show up late, standing in the back of the group. But she left him alone for now. She really wasnt in the mood to bother him. She just held her towel around her, pulling off her swimcap, so that her hair could relax now. Those caps gave her a headache, if she left them on for too long. Time for lunch. Her stomach growled in agreement.

Tag: @Lord Anguish @jcgoble3 @moosemousse @DarthIntegral @s65horsey

15. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    Sey Approved Character
    Name: Charlotte Marguerite Shoemaker
    Height:5 foot 2 inches
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Other points of appearance: overweight, dark clothing, mostly cargos and wife razorbacks. Blonde hair with purple streaks. Green eyes.
    Why they are at camp:Forced to go to get away from a drug addicted brother who is going to need in home treatment.
    Biography: Upper middle class family, adopted at a young age. Has a drug addicted manipulative brother with minor sociopathic tendencies. Sent to camp to get out of her families way while they help her brother recover from over dosing. Likes to listen to music and doodle. Does not make friends well, so she reads frequently.

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: Hey. I just wanted to let you know that priorities in my life have been changing and so I haven't been able to give this game the attention that it needs. Between the two games I'm in (this and Elite League Limmie), I need to drop one (along with some other online stuff) and the limmie game is more important to me since I have far more work invested in it in terms of an extended storyline. Sorry to drop out, but s65horsey can feel free to utilize Jason here and there as a GM character if you want, or just move him to the background. It was certainly a fun game, though. :)

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Awwww! :( Hate to see ya go hcgoble3. Good luck, and hope to see ya in another game!)

And Welcome chunkeymodest!!! Welcome to the game!!! :D

18. Lord Anguish

Sep 4, 2012
    OOC: Wow...really sorry to see you go, jcgoble3. I came to think of Jason as a well balanced character, a potential leader and eventual friend, plus you were an active poster. However, I truly understand how Darth RL can challenge us to make such decisions. Ignoring our needs never yields good results. Best of luck with everything, and hopefully, when you're less pressed of time, we might see you around. Don't be a stranger, and see you during EP VII: Our Last Hope. :p

And, a warm welcome to chunkymodest I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay! :-B

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: Sorry to see you go jcgoble! Thank you for sticking with us for so long!
    IC:
    Mess Hall

Frampus and Blinkfellow were looking at the camper lists. There were a couple of people who requested to not have to go canoeing and those were going to be on kitchen duty. Unfortunately there was nothing else for them to do and someone had to monitor them while the other two were monitoring the canoes. The canoes were big enough to each fit three campers and the counselors liked to split up the guys to help the girls. It wasn't sexist, but it did tend to help some of the less confident boys come out of their shells a bit, plus it cut down on the number of canoes they needed. So the counselors were splitting up the campers on their lists while they ate lunch. The chatter in the mess hall was louder than it had been the previous day which was good. That told the counselors that the campers were settling in and starting to chat more.

When lunch was winding down Blinkfellow stood up and walked to the center of the room to speak, "Ok camper we're going to spend the afternoon canoeing around the lake. There is a side stream to explore as well and you really can't get lost. I will put my own canoe down the stream as far as you're allowed to go and Frampus is going to be around the lake area to help those who are not as adventurous. I have split you up into groups to avoid any awkwardness of having people not get picked. When you hear your name please come stand in line with the other members of your group."

Blinkfellow then referred to his list and started calling off groups of three. After several names he said, "Abby, Elleste and Josh," he glanced up to make sure the campers were lining up like they were supposed to. A few names later he called out, "Marcy, David and Charolette."

When the campers were all lined up Frampus lead the way down to the canoe house where some of the staff had gotten all the canoes out earlier. The canoes each had three paddles so everyone could participate in rowing themselves around the lake. The two counselors helped the campers get into their canoes and pushed them away from shore. Then Blinkfellow got into his a little too quickly and fell into the water. He came up sputtering and laughing at himself. "That's what not to do..." He commented before getting in slowly this time and used his oar to push himself away from shore. He demonstrated how to paddle to the campers and turned them loose noting that anyone who wanted further instruction could talk to Frampus while Blinkfellow intended to lead people to the stream. "Anyone want to come with me?" He bellowed.

Tag: Lord Anguish Ktala chunkeymodest moosemousse

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    OOC: ack! I'm sorry I haven't been around! November is super epic busy for me! :(

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mess Hall

Well, if nothing else, all that swimming had definitely helped to build up Marcy's appetite. A while later, after a quick stop at the cabins, they had made their way to the mess hall. And right now, the food smelled wonderful. It did not take long for Marcy to grab a plate, and find a table to begin to chow down. If anyone joined her, was fine to Marcy. She was looking forward to the next part coming up. Canoeing. She had never really done that before. It sounded like fun. Maybe that's why all the swimming stuff. She sat at the table, happily humming softly to herself as she ate. She ignored Jason. He was a bust. The new guy, David however, was kinda interesting kid.

As she ate, Marcy looked around the area. Some kids were missing. Probably off during other stuff. And she noticed a few new kids, or kids she had not seen earlier in camp. True, not like she was able to keep an eye on ALL the kids in camp, but she did recognize some new faces, all the same.

Suddenly, Blinkfellow's booming voice broke over the meal area. "Ok campers, we're going to spend the afternoon canoeing around the lake. There is a side stream to explore as well and you really can't get lost. I will put my own canoe down the stream as far as you're allowed to go and Frampus is going to be around the lake area to help those who are not as adventurous. I have split you up into groups to avoid any awkwardness of having people not get picked. When you hear your name please come stand in line with the other members of your group."

Groups? 'Please dont put me in the same group as my brother..PLEASE dont put me in the same group as my brother...' Marcy's mental chant started. That would be sooo awkward!

Blinkfellow started calling off groups of three. Some names she didnt recognize at all. The reactions from other tables made her nod. She then heard names she stared to recognize. "Abby, Elleste and Josh," he glanced up, pausing, and Marcy breathed a sigh of relief. So Elleste and Josh were going to be together now. Marcy chuckled softly. Then he continued, and after some more names, he called out, "Marcy, David and Charolette." Marcy's eyebrow went up. Well, David she knew, but the other name she didnt recognize. She stood up, and lined up as she was told, going over next to David, and then looked for the third person, offering a smile, as soon as she saw someone walk over towards their small group.

It didnt take too long for all the groups to get lined up much after that, and Frampus led them down to where the canoes were located. Each canoe had three paddles so everyone could row.

Marcy whispered to David and Charolette... "uh, any of you guys done this before?"

The two counselors helped the campers get into their canoes and pushed them away from shore. Then Blinkfellow got into his a little too quickly and fell into the water. He came up sputtering and laughing at himself. "That's what not to do..." He commented before getting in slowly this time and used his oar to push himself away from shore. He demonstrated how to paddle to the campers and turned.

Frampus was staying at the lake, while Blinkfellow was heading for the stream. "Anyone want to come with me?" He bellowed.

Marcy looked to the two in the boat. The stream sounded much more interesting, but since she was not sure how good the others were yet, she waited for their response. Besides, it would take all three of them to row if they were going.

TAG: chunkeymodest, s65horsey

22. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    Charlotte Shoemaker
    At Boat
    Charlotte stared at the people she was going to be rowing with. She knew that martial arts had made her rather strong, but hoped that the rowing wouldn't be like in family outings, mostly her doing the rowing while everyone talked. Another thing she hoped for was that they would not tump over. Thankfully she wouldnt be caught dead in white or any other color. She had forgone her usual cargo pants for a pair of cargo shorts, and a simple red wifebeater. she rolled her shoulders back and smiled when the names were called. Hopefully Marcy and David would be nice. Not that she wasnt afraid to stick up for herself, she just didn't want to be stuck in a canoe with two rude people. It would take all her will not to flip them off and tump the boat if they were rude she mused. A boy fell into the water, and she just rolled her eyes and looked at the person talking to her.
    "uh, any of you guys done this before?" the girl asked.
    "I have. Not much fun but hopefully we don't tump over. This water probably isnt good for dyed hair," Charlotte grinned and gestured to the purple streaks in her hair.
    "I'm Charlotte, your Marcy and David, right?" She shifted into a relaxed stance, feet parallel and hands at her sides, ready but not threatening. Hopefully these people wouldn't require a good old Colorado Smackdown. Literally or verbally.
    Tag: s65horsey, Ktala

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Lake - In a Canoe, going up the creek? WITH a paddle! :p

"Uh, any of you guys done this before?" The girl named Charlotte, quickly responded. "I have. Not much fun but hopefully we don't tump over. This water probably isnt good for dyed hair," Charlotte grinned and gestured to the purple streaks in her hair. Marcy looked up, noticing for the first time the purple streaks in her hair. "Ah, cool!" she stated with a grin.

Then the new girl introduced herself, "I'm Charlotte, your Marcy and David, right?" as asked as she shifted into a stance. Marcy nodded, wondering of the word tump. She had not heard that term used before. Marcy then grinned at the girl. "Yep. Got em right on the first try." She smiled. "Well, Im glad you know what to do then. I've never really been in a canoe 'cept when I was riding only. So I'll try my best not to dump us over." Marcy smiled. "So, what do ya wanna do? Stay on the lake, or join ole Blinky on the river?" she asked. She knew David would chime in soon enough.

"So, how you liking the camp so far? Dont remember seeing you during arts and crafts. Did ya get in late?" she asked the girl as she carefully did her best to get into the boat slowly, without making too many waves.

Tag: s65horsey, chunkeymodest

s65horsey likes this.
  24. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    Charlotte Shoemaker
    Lake
    Charlotte listened to the girl talk, hoping she wouldnt make yet another social blunder.

"So, how you liking the camp so far? Dont remember seeing you during arts and crafts. Did ya get in late?" she said. Charlotte scratched the back of her head, and laughed awkwardly.

"Something like that. My parents decided that my brothers recovery was more important than my sixteenth birthday, so I got sent to camp. Again. Except this time, theres no care packages. It's ok though, I'd rather be at camp than with hi- well, anyway, any of you watch anime? Or read Harry Potter? Other than that I'm pretty useless on the whole culteral reference front. Most of my friends are online and British, so I really annoy the kids at school with my slang. I prattle when I'm nervous, and I don't make friends well. Stop me when it gets awkward. I have no concept of boundaries really. Probably because- well, anyway." she prattled and finished lamely.

Looking at Marcy she grinned awkwardly and scratched her head again. While climbing in the boat, she flinched when she brushed against Marcy. The boat rocked, and Charlotte mused that human contact was not her forte. The last time someone had hugged her was when she was 14, and it was an accident. It's not like her parents didn't love her, she just was a rough person, and very hard to love in her opinion. Plus her parents were busy with her brother and his stupid stunts. She supposed he should have gone to rehab after driving his brand new car off a cliff while high and drunk, but hey, apparently she knows nothing on the subject.

Closing her eyes and composing herself so she doesn't burst out crying and scare the daylights out of Marcy and David she opened them and smiled her "I'm-ok-despite-I'm-scared-out-of-my-mind" smile, which fooled most people. She turned to David and smiled agian.

"So who are the people I should avoid? You know, guys that need to keep to themselves, girls who say nasty things, or just plain unspoken rules? At my last camp I wasn't allowed to talk about my home life. Apparently no one likes to hear about- well, anyway. Who to avoid?" she rambled on.
    Tag: s65horsey, Ktala

s65horsey likes this.
  25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: ktala, you made me giggle with your location!

Lake

David had been excited when he heard Blinkfellow announce his name with Marcy's. He found her to be a cool girl when they were swimming in the lake and he wanted to get to know her more. He had no idea who Charlotte was but he figured he could attempt to charm her as well. After all, what guy wouldn't want to be in a canoe with two girls?

He didn't say much as he helped ready the canoe. The two girls were chatting and that was ok with him. He nodded when Charlotte asked if they were Marcy and David. Once the canoe was ready, he helped the girls climb in and then got in himself. Charlotte was just finished up her life story and when she finally paused David figured he could talk now.

"Wow, you sure do talk a lot. I mean, umm, I'm a guy and I don't think I can string together sentences like that. However, I'd rather people talked than were silent so go ahead and talk about whatever you like!"

David rowed a little bit before continuing, "I'd suggest we go ahead and tackle the stream since Charlotte has done this before. I haven't and Marcy hasn't but," David laid his oar across the canoe so his arms were free, "Check out these guns! I think I can get us anywhere!"

He flexed his arms trying to show off a little bit for the girls. David wasn't buff, per say, but his thin arms were toned and he was quite proud of them. He let out a loud laugh at himself and picked up his oar again. He sobered up a little bit.

"Parents are a drag sometimes," He began sympathizing with Charlotte, "Mine like to travel in the summer and don't want a teenager tagging along. So I spend most of the summer bumming from one camp to the next."

He made a face and then continued, "But that means I get to spend my summers with pretty girls like you two!"

Tag: Ktala chunkeymodest