main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The SWC Empire - The Empire is victorious in all fonts!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeaponMaster55

WeaponMaster55 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    *gets up dusts himself off* COOKIES!! Did I hear cookies Gimmie gimmie gimmie.

2. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    *pokes Empire*

It's dead, Jim.....

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *Empire tries to bite off the finger*

You were saying? :p

4. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I think a lot of places are dead Jim...

5. Etain

May 11, 2008
    *thwacks HIM*

Let my fingers be, I still need them. [face_not_talking]

6. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Maybe HIM needs them also [face_whistling]

7. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Pfft. He has his own fingers.
    Also, I offer butterfingers in compansation.

[image=http://couponcravings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Butterfinger.jpg]

8. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
  9. _Spartan-117_

_Spartan-117_ Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Hello everyone...miss me? Or have i been forgotten?

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I remember you Spartan! [:D] :D

11. Etain

May 11, 2008
    *necropost*

I herewith declare this Empire dead!

*grabs remaining clones and runs*

12. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    well it happens,

when a tired old wolf becomes old and withered, a new wolf takes over killing or driving the old wolf away as is the case here, the NGE is the new thread for an "empire"

Mr Miyagi] natures rules Daniel San, not mine [Mr Miyagi]

which is ironic since the NGE isolder than this thread anyway,

and with that

oh not a mod

sinre? QGR?

[face_batting]

13. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I believe the SWC Empire, essentially a fan club for the Galactic Empire with associated faction activities, and the NGE are mutually exclusive. The NGE, after all, is not a fan club, but a faction that existed in the CCC long previously, and, until recently, not affiliated with the Galactic Empire or the Force.

Also, it has certain restrictions the SWC Empire did not, which render it unavailable as a fan club for many members.

As such, I recommend this thread remain open and the two remain entirely separate groups.

Just my two pence. [face_peace]

14. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    1. two many cooks spoil the broth, too many empires in this place and people will be confused

2. the thread was dead and buried and was bumped in a way to cause a "why has this been forgotten" type way that is the very best best fluff. :p

3. this thread and NGE ARE technically the same thing, there is no need for two of them. No one who has asked to join the NGE has been turned down, nor will they be, you saying the NGE has ristrictions it doesn't, the only one it has is that you can't be inthe ASE, which wasn't even my rule in the first place

to say this thread doesn't have an emperor and subjects and titles is incorrect, read it and find out, the NGE was the orginal SWC empire, It now has a thread, there is no need for this one

15. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Yes, but the issue isn't social groups calling themselves "Empires," but instead the fact that this thread is an actual fan club and game thread dedicated to the Galactic Empire. It also, incidentally, precedes any other "Empire" threads chronologically speaking.

They are not the same thing; the NGE is a separate organization with different members which previously only existed in the CCC. It was created by you, not Sinrebirth, was not a faction and game thread until recently, unlike this group.

And as you pointed out, it bans ASE members from joining - thus, a member of the SWC Empire like I would be rejected.

The NGE was NOT, however, the game thread and fan club set up by Sinrebirth titled "The SWC Empire." I would say that while the fact this thread is rather dead is a valid observation, that fans of the Galactic Empire still deserve a place to participate in a fan club capacity - and the NGE, even with its own thread, was not made as a fan club and game thread for the Galactic Empire, and its rules conflict with the interests of certain members of the SWC Empire.

Thus, unless the focus of the NGE changed, unless it became a Galactic Empire fan club and game thread rather than a thread for the original NGE in the CCC, and unless the current rules were altered, the only viable option is for this thread to remain open.

It should only be locked on grounds of inactivity, I believe.

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    One can not live while the other survives.

17. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Nobody uses this thread anyway. Why keep it open? Plus, yeah this could be easy to confuse witht eh NGE.

18. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Because it is the Galactic Empire fan club? o_O All because it has been inactive for several months does not constitute grounds for closing it, I think, especially in the light of this recent activity. I know fan clubs that have been inactive for far longer; in the end, if the SWC Empire is closed there may be just another SWC Empire thread, and I believe that would be an unnecessary waste of time.

19. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    if you read through the thread you will find that Miss Lanna and Sinre were some sort of paper Emperor and Empress (sorry Sinre :p ) and had their own subjects

which else does this?

oh a little thread called the NGE,

people will be confused as to what is going on, three empires in one forum is enough,

unless this thread becomes a "oh yes the empire is great"

or

"Admiral Piett is the most gorgeous creature God ever put on a star destroyer [face_love] "

then this thread is a FACTION like the NGE

Sinre is a visier to the NGE but also an Emperor in this one?

how does that work?

20. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Yes, it is a faction, just as the AoD is a faction by virtue of his its role as a fan club and game thread.

The NGE is also a faction.

But it is not solely a Galactic Empire fan club as this one is, and its membership is considerably different; as you pointed out, Sinre's roles are different for one, and certain members of this group would not be able to even join the NGE.

Yes, three Empires might be confusing but that cannot be helped, I believe.

21. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    ~wipes dust off the throne and sits down and watchs the squabble.~

As the Supreme Commander of all Armed Imperial Forces in this thread making me third in the chain of command, With that Absence of Sinre,[face_worried] , and MSlana I hearby declare myself Emperor. And this thread will remain open for any fans of The Galactic Empire not THE NEW GALACTIC EMPIRE. :p

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    hmmm

all but elinith and Llana and QA are in the NGE

that would be a bit confusing, and chaotic

this thread was dead and buried and should not have resurfaced,

it should be a fanclub

NOT a faction

you don't see Jar Jar fanclub having a president of the gungans and gungan subjects

or the Dooku fanclub, having servants of the count,

it was originally a fan club,

and should stay on it being a fanclub,

NOT a faction,

the first post indicates it as such.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Excellent, Thomas.

You have my fleet of Star Destroyers and army of dark side cohorts if I may become the new Grand Inquisitor in your new regime. [face_devil]

Actually, it is a fan club and game thread, by virtue of its command structure and quasi-role-playing. This is like the AoD, sans the training program, or the ASE, sans the more dedicated role-playing.

This more than makes the SWC Empire a faction - it participated in last year's Summer Civil War event, after all, in conjunction with the Acolytes of Darkness.

Confusing? Perhaps, but one cannot blame this one faction for that.

24. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    then you wein dreadwar

the NGE will be locked [face_peace]

25. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I see no reason why the NGE should be locked.

As I have been saying, this thread and the NGE are quite separate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.