main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mandalore understands the law as passed. We just believe that the suspension of previous law regarding the arming of trade vessels should not have been temporary in nature.

[​IMG]

2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Muunilinst understands the law has passed. But Muunilnst will be on record to voice their reservations. As a system we wonder how much the prices of commodities will increase without the proper funding? The guilds are a business afterall, the cost will pass onto the consumer. Muunilinst only looks after bookkeeping and banking interests of the guilds, they do not issue credit. With the guilds having to source funding this will have a great effect on market prices. Without a responsible government curtailing their loan activities, such as a steady low rate that Muunilinst could have offered I see the guilds increasing their margins in order to pay the outlandish interest rates private enterprise will warrant. Thus more pain for the consumer . We are talking of trillions of Empire Credits that will be passed onto worlds. So let the guilds re-arm; pay the prices. Be grateful to the guilds take some action against pirates, but be under no illusion they will stop piracy. The problem of pirates will not be fixed the current law has no mandate to address this action. I wonder what weapons the pirates will use on armed freightors, I can imagine that the loss of civilian life will increase tenfold and the stakes of hijacking/ shipstealing and overall maurauding will increase. Not to mention that the Guilds can't actively extinguish any known pirates nests, nor can they actively pursue the avenues to locate them. I see the ongoing crisis further exsasberated beacuse of the rushed legislation. I wonder if the senate decrees to strip the licenses because of increased prices, who will fill the void? Yet again the political scene for some is like a model, just posturing.

3. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    The point of the is exemption to current laws, which is also the reasons the control laws were in place to begin with is the actions by the Trade Federation, Commerce Guilds, and Techno Union. All of which turned simple freighters into warships, this exemption would allow them to do that again, but under control as so they wouldn't repeat the naboo fiasco and a renewed fear of the travesty of the Clone Wars and most of the trade routes in the outer rim I know are tax exempt as it were. The Guilds also don't have to target the nest just arm convoys. This is just a first step to combating piracy as this also free up military forces and the profit margins these companies report. They are either out of touch and these numbers are inflated beyond reason, or they can afford what they simply asked for. Need I say they came to us for permission to arm, and didn't ask for the money to do so. In simple terms they said " Let us arm, Or Else" they didn't say " Arm us or else"

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The bill has passed, argueing about it now seems rather pointless. I understand why the provisions were put in place. I simply disagree with them, hence my NO vote. I suggest we move on.

[​IMG]

5. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Senator Jusik, it is common for political candidates to barb/ roll the dice with each other on matters of galactic importance. I venehmently hope the honourable member of Kamono's bill will be fruitful for the New Empire. A robust Senator such as yourself and the honourable Senator of Kamino should understand that we as galactic citizens should at least adhere to standing orders and should all take the call of the speaker of the house and not rush legislation, at least debate the provisions in every legislation. The bill in fact was the call of Muunilinst and not Kamino, it was stripped away before even but in motion. With greater clarity on the technical aspects of whom is so ordered to introduce a bill before the senate and under which bylaws it could be taken away, I fear first in best dressed will run the senate to the detriment of the galaxy. I can understand now why there are whispers of rebellion in more than a few planetary systems.
    ****Stands down***

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Sorry i didn't vote I actually was kinda busy.

7. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    In my times here in the senate, I have seen conflicting opposing motions put up for vote, So in theory 1 could present a their own motion that would invalidate a passed motion or a conflicting motion also up for vote, also seen 2 even combined, I didn't technically vote either, because I umm really didn't even mean for it be voted on like it was, I put it up for consideration and debate ect... if you read my orginal proposition. But it has in fact passed and now we must start up talks of getting the getting the military back into shape and securing the trade routes and protect our intrests.

8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    *** Takes the stand again** Thankyou ***bows*** to the honourable member of Kamino for your respect to the senate rules and regulations. Muunilinst has made addendums to watertight the legislation presented by the honorable senator of Kamino. These said addendums will improve the rate of trade, produce wealth for planetary governments, fend off attacks, keep the guilds in check, free up the military, cut red tape and protect the sovereignty of planetary systems without the raising of Galactic Market Prices. I ask fellow senators to read the following addendums as individual or a whole and debate this matter and approve these. For the plight of Kamino and Ryloth may well escalate, the guilds without this effective legislation may well increase their foothold in the galaxy to the detriment of individuals planetary systems. Notwithstanding, The New Galactic Empire must acknowledge the tremendous difficulties the guilds face in this project and also give thanks that they truly will play an important role in eradicating the pestilence that is piracy.
    Addendum to clauses. Motion: 9:12:12 The Outer Rim Relief Act. The ORRA
    Submitted by Aalagar of Muunilinst
    The Mining guilds and Rehab Corporations will be known as MGRC in the following addendums.
    The New Galactic Empire will be known as NGE in the following addendums .
    The Muunilist Governement System will be known as GOMS In the following addendums.
    Planetary Governements will be known as PG in the following addendums.
    Clause 1.A The MGRC has the right to pursue, detain pirates under the following conditions.
    1 If they are fired upon.
    2 If detained unlawfully
    3 If cajouled/ herded to a destination other than their specific mercantile destination.
    4 The NGE has the right to impound MGRC vessels if found to contravene Clause 1.A, section 1-3
    Clause 1.B
    The MGRC do not have the right to pursue/ detain or destroy if said pirates enter the sovereignty orbit of a PG.
    1.B.1 if a pirate base is on planet and in the sovereignty of a PG.
    1.B.2.The MGRC has the right to inform GOMS who is proxy in this specific case.
    1.B.2.3 The GOMS duty is to then pass said information to the ^SPEAKER, EXCUTIVE and Chancellor*
    1.B.2.4 Failure to pass on information within the alloted time **, will incur a one off substantial fine up to but not exceeding .09% of mercantile outlay from MGRC , or in the case of GOM ^^,.005% GDP.
    1. Clause C. 1 . The GOM S will fund the overhaul of arming the guilds and said MGRC mercantile vessels with senate approved military hardware, munitions and counter incursion devices to begin immediately in the Jaemus Shipyards, redeploying said vessels on a rolling roster as not to interfere with trade shipments .
    2 Clause .1
    PG’s have the right to inspect MGRC vessels only when on- planet.
    2.A.2 Concerns of PG’s of vessels outside said jurisdiction will be referred to the NGE, MGRC and *,^
    Clause 2A.3
    Galactic Military have the right to inspect MGRC vessels that are equipped with military hardware only.
    Clause 2A.3.a Grievances/ harassment
    The PG has the right to issue grievances to NGE and /or^,
    The MGRC has the right to issue grievances/ harassment to the NGE/and or GOMS, ^,*
    The tabling of 2a.2.a will be found in the senate and ^, * records.
    Clause 7 1.C
    In exchange for funding and supplying guild vessels, The GOM S will temporarily be absolved from taxes to the NGE for a period of four Galactic years. The funding will be three base percentile points below the basic mercantile rate at all times ***. The loans will be on a fixed rate for four years and variable rate therafter ^^, ****.
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    If MGRC do not repay loans at the agreed rate within the allotted ^^ and annual repayment dates of the loan , the GOMS has the right to repossess mercantile vessels from the MGRC
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    MGRC have the right of refinancing loans #.
    Clause 7 1.C If another system government termed ‘contributors’ intend to underwrite the arming, financing and supplying components to this endeavor, they may also have tax benefits from the NGE. Their intention must be noted in the NGE Senate records.
    Clause 7 1.D ‘Contributors’ planetary systems must have a triple A finance rating to be included in said project. If contributors do not have this rating, the funding and risk must be countersigned by the GOMS and approved by *,^.
    * Chancellor, speaker, executive
    ^Any one of these positions
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    ***If percentile points of the basic mercantile rate dips below 3.9 % the rate of GOM will of automatically align itself with basic mercantile loan rates. The current rate is at 6.5%.
    **** 15 galactic years
    # to GOMS or Contributors

9. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    I find the ammendments to this to be fair

what senator here will second this motion?

edit: this is senator Sistros btw :p

10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I will second this motion.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Seconded by Admiral_Volshe
    The Mining guilds and Rehab Corporations will be known as MGRC in the following addendums.
    The Muunilist Governement System will be known as GOMS In the following addendums.
    Clause 1.A The MGRC has the right to pursue, detain pirates under the following conditions.
    2 If detained unlawfully
    3 If cajouled/ herded to a destination other than their specific mercantile destination.
    4 The NGE has the right to impound MGRC vessels if found to contravene Clause 1.A, section 1-3
    Clause 1.B
    The MGRC do not have the right to pursue/ detain or destroy if said pirates enter the sovereignty orbit of a PG.
    1.B.2.3 The GOMS duty is to then pass said information to the ^SPEAKER, EXCUTIVE and Chancellor*
    1.B.2.4 Failure to pass on information within the alloted time **, will incur a one off substantial fine up to but not exceeding .09% of mercantile outlay from MGRC , or in the case of GOM ^^,.005% GDP.
    1. Clause C. 1 . The GOM S will fund the overhaul of arming the guilds and said MGRC mercantile vessels with senate approved military hardware, munitions and counter incursion devices to begin immediately in the Jaemus Shipyards, redeploying said vessels on a rolling roster as not to interfere with trade shipments .
    2 Clause .1
    2.A.2 Concerns of PG’s of vessels outside said jurisdiction will be referred to the NGE, MGRC and *,^
    Clause 2A.3
    Galactic Military have the right to inspect MGRC vessels that are equipped with military hardware only.
    The MGRC has the right to issue grievances/ harassment to the NGE/and or GOMS, ^,*
    Clause 7 1.C
    In exchange for funding and supplying guild vessels, The GOM S will temporarily be absolved from taxes to the NGE for a period of four Galactic years. The funding will be three base percentile points below the basic mercantile rate at all times ***. The loans will be on a fixed rate for four years and variable rate therafter ^^, ****.
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    If MGRC do not repay loans at the agreed rate within the allotted ^^ and annual repayment dates of the loan , the GOMS has the right to repossess mercantile vessels from the MGRC
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    Clause 7 1.C If another system government termed ‘contributors’ intend to underwrite the arming, financing and supplying components to this endeavor, they may also have tax benefits from the NGE. Their intention must be noted in the NGE Senate records.
    Clause 7 1.D ‘Contributors’ planetary systems must have a triple A finance rating to be included in said project. If contributors do not have this rating, the funding and risk must be countersigned by the GOMS and approved by *,^.
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    ***If percentile points of the basic mercantile rate dips below 3.9 % the rate of GOM will of automatically align itself with basic mercantile loan rates. The current rate is at 6.5%.
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus

Against:

JEDIGUNSHIP; Sistros; aalagartassel; thomasmontgomery; Bardan_Jusik; Admiral_Volshe; prj1; JEDI_TEEGIRLOO; Darth_Venomis ; Skywalker_T-65

Vote please!

12. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    prj1 of Serenno

Against:

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore

Against:

[​IMG]

14. TheMadHatter

Sep 16, 2009
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Sistros of Anaxes

Against:

OOC; Alert didn't work for me on the Sistros account :p

15. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Aalagar of Muunilinst

Against:

16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo

Against:

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Skywalker of Abydos

Against:

18. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    2 If detained unlawfully
    Clause 1.B
    2 Clause .1
    Clause 2A.3
    Clause 7 1.C
    Clause 7 1.B line note A
    Clause 7 1.B line note B
    ** 1 galactic week
    ^^ Life of the loan
    **** 15 galactic years

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    PRJ1of Seranno
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Skywalker of Abydos

Against:
    DarthAiser of Kamino

(This motion has contracts that in theory could last longer than the current crisis.) (Also had a name change but this is frm tommon)

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Abydos may be new to the Senate, but we believe this motion has passed.

20. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I guess we will have to wait for the the speaker of the house to call it

***prods dozing speaker*** Sistros TheMadHatter

21. TheMadHatter

Sep 16, 2009
    the motion has passed :)

sorry to the senators who didn't vote, but we can't keep voting open forever :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    In that case, Abydos would like to raise another motion. While the military is in its current weakened status, we view it would be prudent for planetary navies to be allowed some leeway in their size. With the amount of pirates in our territory, Abydos views this matter of utmost importance, since we need to protect our merchant vessels.

We will have a formal motion ready should the other Senators agree that this matter is important.

23. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    As being a planet directly affect by pirates in the outer rim I agree.

24. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****Bows to the senate, addresses the dignataries****
    I believe the new and current legislation facilitates the eradication of pirates given time. My fellow senators do you really want to start an arms race in such a volital time in the history of the NGE? I think Sinrebirth , the Emperor may have to point out the long term effects of how many new threats come by when the escalation of arms when it saturates the galaxy. I would also like to point out that if planets are willing to spend more on private military hardware then they are likely able to pay more taxes to the NGE for fleet redistribution, enhancement and maintenance in order to get the fleet back to patrolling the outer rim planets.
    **** steps down****

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    *nods at aalagar*

Very good point. Abydos is not in any way endorsing an arms race. We believe that any planetary navies should be sized directly proportional to their needs. A core world like Kuat for instance needs a large fleet to protect their interests. Abydos however is in the Outer Rim, so our fleet need not be that large. We would only build vessels for anti-pirate duties. None larger than an old Victory-Class Destroyer for instance.

It would not detract from our taxes either. We already have shipyards that can build the vessels, just not the knowledge of how large the fleet could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.