main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Table Was Crowded... (L/M, AU) [update 3/22]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 21, 2008.

1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    So glad to see this updated! [face_dancing] Great post! =D=
    He was about to say more, but Dark Star hopped up into Mara's lap again and effectively stopped the discussion in it's tracks. Instead, he chuckled and scrached the dark feline behind the ears.

They stayed that way until the Falcon landed on Coruscant.

[face_love] Aww. I'm glad they kept Dark Star!
    Looking forward to more! [:D]

2. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    LOL I want them to "embarrass themselves right there on the Dejarik table in front of witnesses who would never let them forget it"

;) Am I weird or what? :p

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update and I can't wait for more :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    No kataja you're not weird, unless I am too [face_mischief] SQUEE! Nice mental image you inspired. :D :D

5. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I always thought Mara would be a cat person!

Lol. I love how casual all of them are taking this uptake in sudden memory gain.

Really liked this post and sorry it took me so long to read.

6. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    I like your writing style and your story. Can you add me to your PM list?
    Love that you made Mara into a cat person. I like it that way because i'm a cat person myself.

7. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    SQUEE!!!!!!!

I love it! Especially when Mara just plants one on Luke. Dark Star is adorable as well.

Wonderful!

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: "seems" being the operative word here... [face_whistling] Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

Hazel: Thank you, Hazel. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, star. :)

kataja: Weird? Nope, nope, nope! Thank you, kataja. :)

JediFalcon: Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes: Nobody here is weird for wanting L/M on the dejarik table. Glad you liked the mental image, and... [:D] !!!!!!

Raphire: Thank you, Raphire. :)

PadmeSkywalkerSHM: Hi! PM's? Certainly. Thank you and welcome to the story. :)

Katana_Sundancer: Thank you, Katana. :)

PM list for this story...

Jade_eyes
    dancing_star
    MaraJade4S
    Raphire
    madman007
    JediMike2372
    kataja
    JediFalcon
    frankieskywalker
    maramijade
    JordanCHFel
    dm1
    whateveritis12
    Wifflesnip
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi42
    Jingocat
    Goddess_At_Heart
    Lady_Jedi93
    Katana_Sundancer
    EmeraldWings90
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Standard PM disclaimer applies: if anyone is on this list and does not want to be, or isn't on it and would like to be, please let me know. Thank you.

9. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Thank you for adding me to your PM list.:)

10. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Urghh, it's been ages since I've reviewed, sorry about the very long delay and thanks for the PMs :D

This just gets curiouser and curiouser...:) Still trying to figure out this riddle that you have woven but loving it all the same because of your wonderful flowing writing style and spot-on characters [face_love] Sigh, now if only I could make it look this easy in my stories :)

What happens when all the bricks have been removed? [face_worried]

Ouch for Luke on this chapter (burns, concussion, internal bleeding and emotional pain) but InjuredLuke brings out ConcernedMara, so I'm happy for you to endanger Farmboy once in awhile.:p

Mara and Luke scenes. Love it. They're cute and loveable and awesome. Nuff said. Plus Dark Star! What's not to love about this update? [face_love]

Hmm, I seem to be writing my review entirely in short sentence bites, sorry about that, must be all those pesky lab reports I've been writing lately. See what I mean about the flowing writing part? :p

Edit:
    I'm just going to post this [image=http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2010/lut/sw_just_getting_comfortable_by_redtenko_704cbfbbfd3aa91595981be2e06572af.jpg]by the great redtenko and walk away [face_whistling];)

11. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM: You are quite welcome. :)

Wifflesnip: What happens when all the bricks have been removed? Well... Sore wa himitsu desu? (Just HAD to get that out of my system...) Seriously, you'll love it. :) Thank you for the review (and the pictorial motivation), Wiffle.

A/N: Back during UDC 3, Jackyyy17 gave me a challenge involving Dark Star. That challenge was at last realized this update. Thank you, Jacky! [:D]

~*~*~*~

The call came at just the right time: right as she was preparing to leave Coruscant with Talon Karrde. Leia frowned at the aide who had caught up to her with a yell. "Can't it wait?"

The aide shook his head. "No, ma'am. General Solo was very insistent."

Not having expected that, Leia blinked in surprise. "You're sure?"

"Yes." The aide was left to stand there with Talon Karrde as Leia went to find the nearest comm station. "So... with everything you must do as a trader, get out to Lamarred much?"

Karrde simply shook his head. "Not much, no. It's very out of the way."

The aide nodded. "It is."

"You?"

"Only if I manage to find a ship going that far out and get an expenses paid vacation. You can guess how often something like that would happen."

Karrde nodded, knowing that the man was also uncomfortable making small talk.

Leia came back just then, smiling. "They'll be here in a few hours."

"So we don't have to go get them out of anything, hmm?"

"No."

Karrde glanced at the aide again. "So are you actually from Lamarred?"

"No. I just like what I've read about the place," the aide told him truthfully before nodding to Leia and taking his leave.

Karrde watched the man go for a long moment before turning to Leia. "Interesting people you've got working here, Councilor."

*~*~*~*

Leia frowned as she watched her husband, Chewie, brother, Lando, Roganda, the droids, another man she vaguely recognized as a medic, and Mara, disembark from the Falcon. It wasn't their appearance so much as what Mara was carrying in her arms that gave Leia pause, even as the vaguely familiar medic was met a few feet away by a woman who had been quietly waiting with her and Karrde.

As Mara got closer, Leia blinked in surprise. No, her eyes hadn't been deceiving her. That really was a cat Mara was holding.

Han greeted her with a touch of the hand and turned to follow her gaze, nodding to himself. "Oh. It seems Mara was adopted while on Corellia." He paused, glanced at Leia to find her staring. "Leia?"

Leia shook her head slowly, managed a smile she didn't quite feel. "Adopted?"

"The little thing followed us all around CorSec headquarters," Roganda supplied helpfully, drawing Leia's attention to her. "And then back to the medical center, and then to the spaceport where the ship was. I think you can get the idea of what happened next."

Karrde suddenly chuckled, reminding them he was there as he reached out and let the feline smell his hand. Then he looked at Mara with raised eyebrows, and she answered with a shrug. It was an odd thing, to see a woman like her holding something so cute and furry. As the animal looked up at him with golden, calculating eyes, his opinion changed somewhat. Maybe it wasn't really that odd...

Leia took a deep breath, let it out, and glanced in the direction of the now-departing couple. "Admiral Ackbar will be wanting a debriefing."

"Figured as much," Han muttered. "Now?"

"No. Tomorrow... after some of you have been medically cleared." She took a moment to glare at Luke, who shook his head defiantly. "What?"

"I'm fine," Luke told her.

"I can see that." She continued to glare at him. "And yet I got a comm from my husband yesterday telling me my brother was in bacta..."

Luke winced. "Do we really have to have this discussion here?"

"You would rather we had it in front of the Admiral?"

"No." Luke motioned to Han. "We already had it. Twice. And the first time, it was Mara in bacta, not me."

Mara mentally kicked him in the shins. Leave me out of this one, Farmboy.

~*~*~*~

It took Luke about an hour or two after

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_dancing]=D= Awesome update!!
    I've been trying to find a specific part to comment on, but there's so many good parts I don't know what to pick. :confused:
    Always glad to see an update on this. Wonderful job!! @};-
    [:D]

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Then he looked at Mara with raised eyebrows, and she answered with a shrug. It was an odd thing, to see a woman like her holding something so cute and furry. As the animal looked up at him with golden, calculating eyes, his opinion changed somewhat. Maybe it wasn't really that odd...

A puppy would have definitely been stranger :D

His sister and brother-in-law were asleep together on the couch, Dark Star audibly purring on Han's lap.

AWWW! This image is just so cute.

All that sequence with Mara playing with Dark Star and the cat's reaction to the bell reminded me so much of my aunt's cat. He play just like that and got spooked by loud noises, just ran of to hide in the closet.

Anyway, that was a fun update, I hope you'll bring Mara and Luke back together really soon.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    wonderful h/l and l/m moments

15. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    This just makes me smile, i love the way you've written this. just brilliant

16. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    So glad you put me on your PM list. I love this story!

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    mushy mushy updated loved it and I can't wait for more :D

18. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    It was an odd thing, to see a woman like her holding something so cute and furry. As the animal looked up at him with golden, calculating eyes, his opinion changed somewhat. Maybe it wasn't really that odd...
    Heh heh good point?:p

"It's different... not be standing here like this with a long-range weapon, waiting for the perfect moment to do what I'd been ordered to do."
    I always wondered about Mara and roof - but this is an awesome perspective! =D=

I wanted to hate him. Wanted to." ( - - -)"But... he doesn't deserve even that much.
    [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

"Think of it as a gift, then."

"A gift?"

Luke nodded. "Yes. A gift... in place of a ring."

Mara paused, turned to look at him fully. "Did I just hear you right? You want to give me a ring but don't have one to do so?"

"You're the one who said I was trying to go a little fast, Mara. That it was too much, too soon." He pushed her hand with the saber hilt back towards her. "So it's a little step to think about a bigger one
    ."
    I loved that! Absolutely! =D= =D= =D=

"You know what a Pitten is, yes?"

Han frowned, thinking about it. He'd been to Alderaan once or twice on runs, but hadn't been there long enough to really understand certain things. This, he suspected from the context, might be a kind of animal. "Not really."

"It's a breed of feline native to Alderaan. About Dark Star's size."

Han reached over and cupped her cheek with his hand. "You don't have to explain any more than that
    ."
    :eek: But this was, if possible, even more awesome! =D= [:D] =D=

No need to be actively sarcastic when things had been so nice.
    Who are you and what have you doen to Mara Jadè???

Wonderful scenes in this update!!!@};-

19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    dancing_star: Thank you, Star. :)

Hazel: Real soon, huh? Okay... [face_whistling] I have a dog that get's spooked by newspapers falling to the ground from a chair. Thank you, Hazel. :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you. :)

Tevase2: Thank you for saying so. :)

PadmeSkywalkerSHM: That is what you asked me to do, yes? Thank you. :)

JediFalcon: Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

kataja: You're right. It really would have been stranger for Mara to have ended up with a puppy. ;) Thank you, kataja. :)

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    A/N: This is a day or two later than I meant it to be, but I got there finally. That's the important part. Enjoy. :)

~*~*~*~

He'd only been back on Coruscant for six hours when his wife announced they were going to dinner to help celebrate a friend's achievement. As it was, his internal chronometer was sending him urgent rest warnings, so he had almost told her no. Almost, because the thought of dinner sounded good.

And that was another thing: as tired as he was at the moment, he could tell there was something on her mind. That she was waiting to discuss it, whatever it was.

So, here he was, fresh from an off-planet assignment which had involved working with smugglers and fighting for the same cause, eating a well-cooked meal at a friend's apartment. And listening to... medical talk?

"So it worked?"

His wife nodded solemnly to the lady medic for whom the dinner was for. "Worked so well that Cam gave me a lecture about things one does not do potential brainwashing victims." She glanced at him, noticed the confused expression that clearly had to be on his face, and winced. "Don't look at me like that, Wes."

"Brainwashing?" he wondered.

"It's complicated," Roganda told him, looking away.

The lady medic, whose name he now remembered again was Ailee, snorted in a very unladylike manner. "I'll say. You sent a woman into catatonia with first aide powder."

"Ailee, if you'd like, we could have a long talk about you siccing a neurologist on me. Especially THAT one."

Wes turned and looked at the other male in the room, who was now studiously picking at his food. "There's more to it than that, isn't there?"

Darvis didn't even glance up from his plate. "Depends on if you want to hear about a game of badly-played sabaac that got interrupted by Imperial commandos. And if you go visiting to the Solo's to see the babies, they're in a different apartment now."

Roganda coughed. "Darvis..."

"What? It's all true."

"Didn't say it wasn't."

"But you'd also rather not talk about nightmares, either."

Wes was startled when she glared hard at Darvis, who still hadn't looked up from his plate. If he didn't know better, something was definitely going on between them. The tension in the room was thicker than snow on Hoth.

"Right now? Yes." Then the glare relaxed and so did her posture. Slightly. "And about that other thing? Also yes."

Now Darvis looked up, startled. "What?"

She laughed quietly at his reaction. "Just give me some time to figure out how to go about it and make a weapon of my own. Until then, we'll both be doing a lot of research. Good enough?"

Darvis nodded. "What changed your mind from maybe?"

"A trek through a forest with friends, and a short talk with your mother."

"Really?"

"Really. She seemed to think I should be very hard on you if it's what you really want."

Wes glanced at Ailee to find her holding back laughter, her shoulders shaking with the effort. "What's so funny?"

"Out of context? Not a thing," Ailee answered smoothly. "But in context... we ended up stealing a shuttle from a garrison because his mother put his cover at risk by sending him spare parts to make a lightsaber. Which he did. Twice."

"I love you, too, Ailee," Darvis muttered. "You done?"

"I could call my brother and sister-in-law and embarrass you further, if you'd like. I'm sure they'd love to hear that you want training from a woman had a flashback about a child who had possibly been brainwashed more than once."

Wes simply stared at her, then looked at Roganda. "We have a lot to talk about, don't we?"

"Yes."

"Probably starting with how she-" Darvis paused when Roganda glared at him. "What?"

"You know what. I was upset. In a fair fight, he would have had the upper hand."

"Who?" Wes wondered.

Roganda sighed. "Luke."

"You had some kind of fight with Luke-" here, Darvis tapped him on the shoulder, held up a lightsaber that he'd pulled from somewhere, and nodded at Roganda. "Oh. Who won?"

"Emotional exhaustion," Roganda answered. "Nobody."

"Solo's original idea involved a punching bag," Darvis offered after a moment o

21. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    SQUEE! *random gibberish*

That was so sweet and lovely. Loved L/M's date.

Pinky and The Brian? Seriously?

Lovely update.

22. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    You can always manage to get me to smile:D
    Loved the chapter =D=

23. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    That was a perfect way to end a chapter. That made my day.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh nummy ummy!

SQQQUEEEEEEEEE!

Very much a squeeeeee!

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Thusly very much worth the wait.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D :* [face_love]

Wonderful update!

I loved the L/M moments (thanks for not keeping them apart too long).

Wes and Roganda have such a funny relationship. I?d love to know the details of how they came to be.