main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Does Lucan know Luke and Leia or his sibling?

Jedi Blue :)

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If you mean does he know that Luke and Leia are his siblings, then no! Not yet!

3. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Welcome back, Jeditheskyisblue, no Lucan doesn´t know about his siblings.

But he will learn soon.

Until then...

The tale of Darth Vaders Son

Alone in his meditation-chamber Lucan sat down and connected the Datapad Vortigern had given him with the holoprojector of his display-ring. According to the readout of the pad it contained ten million small files. For a moment, the son of Darth Vader wondered if Vortigern wasn't right and if he really should do this. But it was his responsibility and he felt obliged to do it.

Taking a deep breath, Lucan activated the first file.

The image of an old Bothan appeared. The colour of his fur was dull and his face showed a businesslike smile. His eyes looked tired.

The accompanying text said:

Name: Treek Pro´ftel
    Species: Bothan
    Profession: Shop-owner for electronic parts
    Family: divorced, ex-wife and three children live on Bothawui

Lucan viewed image and text for three seconds, once he had memorized both he activated the next file.

A human woman appeared. Round face, blond hair, a little overweight. The accompanying text was:

Name: Iessa Loral
    Species: Human from Tabvev
    Profession: Waitress in a restaurant
    Family: single, one child, father unknown

The next was a young human male, who wore the uniform of a police officer.
    A proud smile was on his face. It was obvious that he had graduated only recently on the image.

Name: Kassor Melan
    Species: Human from Chandrila
    Profession: Constabler
    Family: none

A female from Sullust.

Name: Slien Vhun´nhub
    Species: Sullustan
    Profession: Geological Consultant
    Family: married, four children

Lucan switched to the next file.

A female Twi´lek in a very revealing costume. Her eyes showed a hard edge, but she was still beautiful.

Name: Tia Di´ranin
    Species: Twi´lek
    Profession: Dancer in a bar
    Family: none

A human girl with a ponytail, laughter on her face and big eyes, still watching the world in wonderment. Her open mouth showed a gap between her small teeth.

Name: Myn Civek.
    Species: Human from Delva IV
    Profession: Pupil
    Family: parents and one brother

Lucan closed his eyes. He had known that the children would be the most difficult part of all. Swallowing hard he opened his eyes again. Drinking in the sight of the innocent child he had killed he needed twenty seconds to switch to the next file.

The face of a Rhodian appeared.

Name: ...

----

The news spread from planet to planet in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. After less than two hours the entire core and inner rim knew that there was a man, who claimed to be the son of Darth Vader.

The stock markets reacted first. Before the trade could be stopped, the major indexes had dropped by thirty percent. Companies like Incom or REC, with close ties to the New Republic, lost even more. In a matter of hours trillions of credits ceased to exist.

On several worlds that once had been personally 'honoured' with a visit of the dark Lord of the Sith, open panic broke out.

Five hours after the fateful press-conference, seven-hundred-and-twenty people had committed suicide.

On Coruscant the governments department for public relations got several thousands requests per minute about the issue.

And inside the former imperial palace an emergency-meeting was going on.

----

"... Skywalker, how sure can you be, that the man you were talking to, was indeed the one, he claimed to be?" inquired Borsk Fey´lya.

"I'm sure," answered the Jedi Master.

"But isn't there a chance that you erred, that this man tried to fool you? After all, you never talked face to face with each other and it was a very stressful situation."

"Please say yes." tho

4. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Why bring Pellaeon into this?

5. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanx for answering my question.

Sorry I haven't been around lately I've been busy with my Gwtw site.

Keep up the great work...

Jedi Blue,

6. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Nice plot twist! Did Lucan provide Pelleon with the needed support? Cause he almost scrapped it in the Empire's greatest warriors

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Empire+Warlord vs New Republic!! Not a bad twist!! Pellaeon hada well known fear of Darth Vader, he'll be to scared to not support Lucan.

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    No problem, Jeditheskyisblue. I think i can update this story as often, that you and others will have no problems to find it again.

ProphetoftheCouncil - first welcome aboard.

Why i bring Pellaeon into this? Four reasons.

1) I like the guy.
    2) Its a huge galaxy and there are other persons, who are doing something in this war, not only Lucan Vader.
    3) Lucan needed a distraction of the New Republic.
    4) Because thats what Pellaeon was doing around that time according to the "Essential Chronology".

And no, Lucan didn´t supported Pellaeon. Perhaps it hasn´t become clear enough, but Lucan isn´t to found of whats left of Palpatines empire.

The Orinda-Campeign is the empires own doing. But of course, our dear anti-hero has his spies and agents everywhere.

I´m a little disappointed.

Nobody commented Lucans doings in the last update with words like "creepy".

BTW, what do you think of the guy so far? Don´t forget, he is one of the bad ones.

Next update on Friday, me thinks.

9. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    What most ppl consider 2 be bad ppl (in stories) are usually my favorites as well as what other ppl find cruel i think is cool... I know, I need help ;)

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Lucan is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!! As in...bad boy...cool chaarcter!!

Who's the other one?

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Which other one, Spike?

Sorry for being late, but i do have a live. To make up for it, i hope i have the next update of "Union" this evening.

Accompanied by two Corellian Corvettes, the Stardestroyer "Spectre" moved through the black void of space. From time to time a group of small, fragile looking objects left the hangar or were returning.

Triplets of TIE-Avengers.

One of each triplet was modified with the most advanced and sophisticated sensors that could be fit into a fighter that small.

The "Spectre" was searching for new bases, or, to be more precise, for good places were new bases could be established. Places far away from inhabited systems, far away from much-travelled and -patrolled hyperspace-lanes, places easy to cloak and where a base was easy to hide, but also places rich with minerals and natural ores to work with.

Because of this actually six Corvettes belonged to the small fleet, but only two were present at the moment. They had searched in a number of systems and had now returned to the "Spectre" to report their findings. The other four, as well as twelve groups of TIE-Avengers were out and searching, too.

---

Captain Priem looked carefully to the intimidating figure of Lucan Vader. The tall Force-user occupied a small workstation and was reading through some files as it seemed. From time to time he was writing down something, too.

The Captain of the "Spectre" had no idea what his superior was doing, he didn?t even know if he wanted to find out. Lucan Vader had come aboard in a somehow sour mood and Priem didn?t want to be the one who turned this sour mood into something more dangerous by accident. Lucan Vader wasn?t a bad Master to serve under, he had shown more than once his competence in leading a capital starship and wasn?t too proud to ignore the opinion and advices from men like Guderi and Priem himself. He expected a lot from his men and paid well, he was saving with praise, but also with severe punishment. Somebody who failed or made a mistake usually got a second chance or an opportunity to make up for it.

Usually. As always, there were exceptions to this rule, too.

And this day Lucan Vader seemed to be in a mood, where he didn?t care about rules or the usual dealing with things. The other crewers of the bridge had recognized this, too. It wasn?t a very comfortable idea to serve under the eyes of a superior who was able to kill from a distance with his mind, especially if nothing of importance was going to happen. So under other circumstances, the atmosphere would have been rather relaxed, as much as it would have been possible on the bridge of a warship. But now the atmosphere was tense, although for a neutral observer the young Lord Vader had managed to blend in with the background. Despite that everybody knew he was there.

Priem shook his head. The Captain of the "Spectre" worried not only about the potentially dangerous mood of Lucan Vader, but also about the changed fighter-composition of the "Spectre".

The one mile long Star Destroyer carried only half of its wing of fighters aboard, all in all thirty-six TIEs. Of those twelve were modified as scouts, sensors replacing weapons they carried. The other three squadrons were out, scouting. They were far away and only returned to report back to be fuelled, maintained and to give their pilots some rest. If one of those triplets returned, it didn?t take long for another one to take off. Together with the still remaining hangar-capacities after the ships upgrades, there was enough room for ten construction-droids, each one of them more than hundred meters long and twenty containers, that housed smaller droids and other equipment.

If the "Spectre" found a good place one of the droids and two of the containers were dropped and left behind. Assisted by the smaller droids the construction-droid would start to build a base, using the materials and ores it found to transform an asteroid, a small moon, parts of the surface of a planet (or the entire planet) into shipyards

12. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I wonder what Lucan is doing/thinking...

Do we get a look inside his head?

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Misread Grim's post up there!! Doesnt matter!! Is it me or is Priem a bit like Piett/Pellaeon?

14. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Don´t know if Priem is like Pellaeon or Piett. Lets wait and see, how he develops.

Grim, here is the look.

Lucan Vader wasn't in a fool mood, but close to. His current mental condition was a result of several factors.

Positive was, that the New Republic was distracted at the moment by the Empires new war-campaign. Otherwise, they would have been able to assemble a force large enough to take care of his current ally, Odiin Vascal. The New Republic would have crushed him, integrated the Elton-Sector into their own territory and he, Lucan, would have been forced to begin anew.

Unfortunately, there had been no other option than to destroy the taskforce. Had they managed to sneak in Vascal's territory, it would have been much more difficult to prevent them from doing any damage.

Darth Vader's son knew that his time was running out. As soon as the Republic had taken care of the empires advances, they would again concentrate on Vascal as top priority. Even more so, that they now knew about his existence. But Lucan already had an idea how to deal with that situation.

Another factor was the Empire's campaign itself. In Lucan's eyes, this was a fruitless enterprise. In a war of attrition, the New Republic had the better cards. They had the passive or active support of the most worlds and the better commanders, while the Imperials had to divide their forces between fighting the New Republic and keeping their own worlds in line and their current military leader had been a mere commander, even after forty years in the Navy and was now an Admiral, because every other and more competent Admiral was either dead or trying to run his own personal empire, like High-Admiral Chordal for example.

So the prolongation of this war was just a waste of time, money and lives.

Wasted lives.

Two days ago and the evening before he had watched the images of the persons, he had killed in his attacks on Delva III and Cetlic IV. He had killed them, or ordered them killed and so he was responsible for their deaths. The only he thing he could still do for them, was to acknowledge their exterminated existence as individuals. In some ways it was a personal penitence. In a total of four hours, he had managed to acknowledge the deaths of one-thousand-four-hundred beings. Out of ten millions.

Ten million beings.

Men, women and children.

Innocents. Civilians. And their only crime had been, that they had lived within the borders of the New Republic. This act had been even worse than fighting soldiers. And even of those Lucan didn't think of as evil, they had been the enemy, because what they believed was wrong.

For Lucan, every person he killed, increased the pressure on his shoulders to succeed. It was a horrible thought, because if he failed, all the persons he had killed would have died for nothing.

"Their sacrifices will not be in vain." he thought. "I won't let it happen."

At the moment, he was working on three different things. He was reading several files on galactic history, models of governments and political theory, searching for ways and possibilities to reduce destruction and losses of life as much as possible. Lucan didn't intend to spend half his live with taking over the galaxy and then to be forced to spent the other half rebuilding. At the same time he was making notices for himself, already designing the kind of government with which he was replacing the New Republic.

And as a third thing he was studying the file of his mothers work. Lucan wasn't an expert on genetic engineering, but he knew enough to realize the brilliance in the Lady Vader's work. Much of it still waited to be completed and for a moment Lucan considered to return to Chalakdorn and to awake his mother out of her sleep, but decided otherwise. Her lifetime was limited and he only wanted to awaken her, when he had taken his rightful place as ruler of the galaxy. He would have to search for other experts.

Looking up, he noticed Captain Priem standing before him.

"Yes, Captain?" he asked calm

15. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Thx m8 I always appriciate a writer that uses his fans input... And you can write me on your fanlist 4 sure!

16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Even without your request it was intended from the beginning to show, whats going on in this guys head.

Now be careful, what comes now will lay the foundations of some of the things to come in this story.

Tersar Frascati entered the foreroom to the termination-chamber. The room was small, but still big enough to keep some distance between himself and the person, who was going to be terminated.

The praetor of Settlement 7.459 of the Ogradevi stood at respectful attention, while the other man was taking off his clothes.

"Don?t even try it." Parkas Vigland said.

"I have to," answered Tersar. "Please, don?t go."

The old man turned around, now only wearing a long shirt and a pair of shorts. His bare arms and legs were marked with scars, silent witnesses of countless battles Parkas had fought. The look of his eyes was still strong and clear and for a moment the old man looked at the younger man with affection.

"I prefer to do this on my own, as long as I?m still able to do it. I don´t want to appear on the termination-lists one day. I have fulfilled my duty to our people, I have lived a very long life and now it is time to make place for somebody else."

Which was more than true. When Parkas Vigland had been a young warrior, he had been one of the best among his peers, as he had proven in more than thousand battles. He had sired more than sixty-seven children of which more than thirty had survived into adulthood. Under his leadership as praetor Settlement 7.459 had laid the foundation to become one of the richest and most powerful of all settlements of the Ogradevi and for the last five years, he had been a good advisor for Tersar, who was now praetor.

"But we still need your wisdom and experience," Tersar hesitated. "I need you."

A small smile appeared on Parkas face. "No you don?t. And the sooner you start to believe it, the better."

The current praetor barely managed to hide his disappointment. There were so many things he wanted to say, to discuss, to share with his mentor, but it was obvious that their time together had run out. The older man didn?t fail to notice his friends state.

"Now don?t be sad. I lived forty-five good years and with my death I will keep two youngsters alive."

"Sounds like a bad bargain," muttered Tersar. "Youngsters are easy to replace, but not men like you."

"But I?m only a burden. I have taught you and many others everything I know and I?m too old to be of any use anywhere. So give me the dignity to decide about my death myself."

Tersar took a deep breath. "Alright. I?ll have to accept your decision. But that doesn?t mean I have to like it." He made a helpless gesture. "It isn?t right, you know. We shouldn?t have to kill our old ones or our weakest children by the thousands every day."

"But we have no other choice," reminded Parkas. He put his hands on Tersar?s shoulders. "You know as well as me, that it wasn?t always this way; and you know as well that things will change one day. Perhaps not during your lifetime and perhaps not during your grandchildren?s lifetime, but one day our people will be able to leave the borders of this system behind."

A fanatical gleam had appeared in the older Ogradevis eyes.

"And then revenge will be ours. The Galactic Republic and the Jedi will pay for what they did to us."

The two men hugged each other and pressed their foreheads together. Then Parcas stepped back, turned around and entered the termination-chamber. The door closed behind him and one moment later a burning white light could be seen through the small window. Tersar knew that Parcas? body was burnt in a millisecond, but that thought didn?t console him. The man had been his mentor and friend.

And now he was dead.

Tersar Frascati remembered the last words of Parcas: "The Galactic Republic and the Jedi will pay for what they did to us." And although his mind told him otherwise, the praetor of Ogradevi-Settlement 7.459 wished to live long enough to see it happen.

17. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    A new ally? Wicked curveball m8

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sounds ominous!

19. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The intro of a new ally is a wonderful touch, especially since it was unexpected. Just thought I'd post to say that I have high hopes for this story!

20. han_notsolow

han_notsolow Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    Ftiek, you have a great story here. I'll be sure to follow it. I like this Lucan guy.

21. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Welcome aboard, not_HanSolo. I hope you will enjoy the rest of this story as much as the beginning.

Here is the next part:

Lucan Vader looked out of the windows of the Spectre?s bridge. The transparisteel had been polarized to let only ten percent of the light from the star of the system through. The young Lord Vader watched as a long, rectangular object dropped towards the surface of the planet, closely followed by two smaller objects.

The planet below was a hell without atmosphere and hot enough to melt lead. Its gravity was trice above standard. Nothing lived here and nothing wanted to live here.

But the planet was not only rich in ores that could be refined into iron, titan or aluminium, but also hfredium, kammris and dolovit. After looking at the estimated numbers Lucan even doubted that there was a single source for those materials, that was richer than the planet below the "Spectre" and he intended to make good use of this treasure. His mood had already brightened. It seemed as if there really was some kind of justice in the universe.

But he also felt, that this rich planet wasn?t the reason the force had pulled him here. Turning his head his eyes concentrated on a small cluster of stars.

Hearing approaching footsteps he turned around to see Captain Priem walking towards him.

"Yes, Captain."

"The construction-droid has reached the surface and started with its work. The navigator is already calculating a course, so we can leave this system."

"Good work, Captain. But we still have some time." Lucan pointed out to the star-cluster. "Tell me, Captain, what do we know about this cluster of stars?"

Priem hesitated for a moment. "I have no idea." he admitted. "I see them for the first time."

"Then get me the needed information out of the databanks. Before that, we won?t leave the system." Lucan ordered. Priem turned around and signalled a Lieutenant. Less than a minute later he got a datapad handed. The bridge crew had heard the conversation and orders of their leader and so it didn?t take much time to provide the requested data. Priem was proud of them. His men could think for themselves and they showed initiative.

"Arralis-Cluster. One-hundred-eighty suns, two-hundred-fivty-four planets, uninhabited. The entire cluster occupies a volume of only sixhundred cubiclightyears."

"That means that the suns are less than two lightyears away from each other." stated Lucan, after doing some calculations in his head.

"Yes, Sir." confirmed Priem. The text on his datapad described the same. "The entire cluster is under quarantine and ... ."

"Under quarantine?" asked Lucan, interrupting Priem. "If the empire has declared this area to be a security-zone, I wonder what we will find if we investigate."

"Sir, you didn?t let me finish. The Arralis-Cluster was put under quarantine by the Old Republic ten-thousand years ago. Nothing indicates that anyone has entered the cluster since then."

"Ten-thousand years." muttered Lucan. "Now I?m really curious as to what we will find."

"Probably nothing but empty starsystems and dead planets." answered Priem.

"Don?t be so sure about that." stated Lucan. "This cluster wasn?t declared a security-zone for nothing."

"Ten-thousand years ago. The reason for a quarantine might have vanished for a long time."

"In that case we have nothing to fear, if we take a closer look." argued Lucan.

"But if we search the entire cluster, we will get back behind schedule on our current mission." protested Priem.

"I?m fully aware of this, Captain. But now we have a new mission. Call the Avengers back and sent the Corvettes home. Your men will plot a jump to the Arralis-Cluster. And drop the remaining seven droids and their packages."

"As you wish, My Lord." Priem knew when it was futile to discuss with the Dark Lord. So he turned around with a sigh to give the necessary orders to his crew. They wouldn?t find anything useful, but only waste their time.

And then it wouldn?t take long for them to go on another

22. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    MMmmmm i wonder what the reason was that those planets where quarantined. Thx for the update, m8!

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    You´ll see soon enough.

Be warned, this part contains some heavy stuff.

Tersar Frascati dropped into the seat behind the desk of his office. Since Parcas Vigland had been turned from an old, but still healthy being into a small heap of ashes the praetor of settlement 7,459 felt tired. Tired and exhausted. For a moment he closed his eyes. He was only twenty years old, young for somebody in his position, the youngest person who ever had reached the post of praetor of a settlement, but now he felt ancient.

Ancient, but also were angry. If there was only somebody available to become a target for his aggression. But for now, that was wishful thinking.

He took a deep breath. There was still work to do. Being responsible for one million billion beings (1,000,000,000,000,000) was a full-time job. Tersar turned to the files on his desk. First the daily report.

There were parts of the daily reports he liked and others he hated and some of those were most times connected with each other.

According to the report the territory of settlement 7,459 had increased by 1,550 cubic-kilometres since yesterday. Food-production and industrial capacity had increased accordingly.

On the other side around 180 million babies had been born, while only 100 million Ogradevies had died by accidents, battles, diseases or simply old age. To keep one Ogradevi alive and the settlement working 25,000 cubic meters were needed for living, production of food, clothing, waste-disposal, energy-production, education, various industries and so on. Which meant, that there were around five million living beings TOO MANY in the settlement.

One of the other files on Tersar Frascatis desk listed those five million Ogradevi of the population, that were selected to be terminated to restore the balance, including their names and status. The praetor usually didn?t need to read this special file, he knew the numbers from memory. One million of the newborns, whose DNA was damaged to more than fiFteen percent, two million of the Ogradevi, who were over forty and by that too weak and too old to still be of enough use, three and a half million of the infertile "drones" and a half million of those warriors whose performance for the last thirty days left something to be desired.

Frascati shook his head. Three years ago those numbers had been much lower. The average number of terminations those days had been a million, if not less. "Thanks to the genetic engineers", the praetor thought darkly.

Three years ago only one out of a thousand women with the right age had been fertile. Today it was one out of seven hundred. Also thanks to the genetic engineers twenty-five percent more embryos survived the eight months from conception to birth and of those more than forty percent had less damages than ten percent to their DNA

Frascati knew he should be happy that the genetic damages he and his people had inherited from their ancestors were decreasing. It also meant that more babies were born who were able to survive and would be able to procreate five years later, and the admin and the workers couldn?t provide space for them to live in. The praetor knew that all 12,000 Ogradevi-Settlements suffered the same problems.

Another report told him, that the R&D-departments that were working on a faster-than-light-drive were still far away from a breakthrough. The Ogradevi were still bound to what was left of their system.

"Perhaps its time to start a new war." thought Frascati. "Time to cut the entire population down a few billions. This way we could reduce our population enough to increase the industrial capacity in relation to the number of people and by that could keep up with the increasing birthrates.

He was just going to call for the four warmasters of settlement 7,459 when suddenly the alarm-klaxons started to announce an attack.

"Somebody was faster than me." thought Frascati dry, while he left his office and hurried towards the control-centre of the settlement.

------
    ------

Questions:

24. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm not gonna try this with my hangover... But wicked update m8

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, here is the next part.

The answers to the questions are:

1) total population: 1,2*10^18 or 1,2 (american) billion billion people or 1,2 (again american) million trillion people.

2)1,2*10^11 or 120 billion ISDs.

3) 21 Days to build a DeathStar with a diameter of 900 kilometers.

4) 60 billion killed every day.

And now: The next chapter of:

Captain Priem suppressed a sigh. This was the fifth system with planets inside the Arralis-Cluster, the "Spectre" and her crew were examining. Until now they had found nothing but dead planets.

Not that that was something to be concerned about. Most of those planets had never carried life of their own. What they had found had been traces of extensive mining-activities. If the planets, where an unknown race had mined had not been habitable from their creation, they would have been uninhabitable after being robbed of the ores and other treasures inside their crusts. Two of the seven worlds they had examined had been able to carry life, but were now as dead as the other five planets they had visited. Their investigations of some of the machinery left behind had shown that the mining-operations had been conducted more than ten-thousand years ago.

And now they had not only found dead and plundered worlds, but huge fields of debris. Debris that had once been parts of starships.

Lots of starships. Ships that hadn't died peacefully, but had been destroyed in battles. Hundreds, if not thousands, of devastated capital ships and fighters.

The men aboard the "Spectre" had been able to identify some of them; like the hulls of Alsakan-Warships, that had been the predecessors of the two kilometre long "Invincible"-Class-Dreadnoughts, even some three kilometre long "Cal"-Class-Warships and other designs used by the Old Republic, but not the ships of the people they had fought. Those ships were totally unknown, at least for the data-stores aboard the "Spectre".

It was possible that the needed information were stored in the libraries of Obroa-Skai or another information-centre, but to get an answer on a request would take weeks and possibly give away that somebody had broken the quarantine on the Arralis-Cluster. So this was no option to get an answer.

What they could tell was that the Unknown's biggest ships hadn't been longer than three-hundred-and-sixty meters, with a maximum wide of hundred-eighty meters in the middle and a maximum height of eighty meters. The had looked like the wedge-shaped hulls of two Star Destroyers connected at the aft ends with tips removed, with an island-like superstructure in the centre, beginning ninety meters after the bow of the ship and ending ninety meters before its aft end. But what was most remarkable was that those ships lacked huge thrusters.

Closer inspections of some of the wreckages lead to the suspicion that their sublight-drives and manoeuvring systems had been based on a magnetic- or gravitation-device, a kind of technology, that hadn't managed to make a major breakthrough as drivesystem in the Old Republic and therefore had been limited to repulsor-drives without a deeper research of its further possibilities. Iondrives already had been too established, when magnetic-gravitation-technology had matured enough to be considered as a starship-drive.

And something else the men of the "Spectre" realized. Comparing the mass of debris belonging to the ships of the Old Republic and the mass of ships of unknown origin, the Republic had lost trice as many ships and fighters, than the aliens they had defeated.

A moan caused Captain Priem to turn towards Lucan Vader. The eyes of the dark Lord showed a feverish gleam and he seemed to be elsewhere with his thoughts.

Priem cleared his throat and stepped to his superior. "My Lord." he asked. "Are you alright?"

Only now the heir of Darth Vader seemed to acknowledge the presence of the captain of the "Spectre". "I feel something." he whispered. "Weakened by the teeth of time, but still there. Outside this system I wouldn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.