main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Theater

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by COSLeiaOrganaSolo, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    That's awesome, Rachel! Be sure to let us know how it is! :D

I plan on seeing it opening night on Thursday. I may just go to see X2 again tonight... ;)

2. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Oh of course... ;)

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    IMAX Matrix :eek: Don't lie, you're a liar Kate. I can clearly see your pants are on fire.

I'm trying to talk my wife into a midnight showing tonight. Sure I'll be tired tomorrow, but it should be worth it.

4. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Yep. It was announced a couple of week's ago that both Matrix flicks are coming to IMAX. Reloaded will get there a little bit later, and Revolutions is opening at IMAX on Opening Day, I believe... :cool:

5. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I thought so too. :)

I'm hoping that it comes to the IMAX near me...in Cedar Rapids...//crosses fingers//

6. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    But it really is going to be in true IMAX? That is fricken' great. AOTC was the first IMAX movie I'd ever seen, and I almost wet my pants with how good it was.

If the Matrix is really on IMAX, I may need to wear a diaper.

7. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yep. IMAX. :D I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

8. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I've had the Pointer Sister's "Neutron Dance" in my head all day. "I'm burning, doing the neutron dance"

Matrix Reloaded is hovering around 75% fresh at Rottentomatoes. That's actually a little better than I thought it would be. Sequels are inevitably compared to the originals, and have a lot to live up to. Especially when the first movie was really good.

9. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I just got back from Reloaded. They had a special screening tonight in my area. The movie kicks serious ass. That is all... ;)

EDIT: Oh, and the ending is going to seriously piss you off. That is all....again... :p

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I agree with Lenny on this issue. :D

11. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    :D [face_love]

The more I think about it, the more I love this movie! I plan to see it again tonight with my little bro! :D

The crowd I saw it with seemed to really love it too. But once the damn cliffhanger ending came, almost everyone was yelling "NO!" :p

The only real "problems" I had with it were the Zion scenes...they spent too much time there...kinda boring...and some of the fights seemed to drag for too long. But other than that, it was friggin' fantastic... ;)

Plus, it was hot as hell in that screening room. I was sweating like crazy. It made me jittery and took away from my full enjoyment of the film. I guarantee that I'll love it even more tonight if it's not so damn hot and stuffy in there... ;)

12. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Wow, I can't believe how much I didn't like Reloaded. It seemed to bog itself down and try to overcomplicate it's plot with a lot of double talk. I now I hear the next one will hardly be set in the Matrix at all, which is the best part of the movies. :(

13. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Reloaded. I've only seen The Matrix once, but I enjoyed it. A little confused, but good. I'll have to watch it again.

Hopefully I'll get to Reloaded Monday or Tuesday night. :) And if they had it out on IMAX, that would rock, since my theater also has an IMAX screen. :cool:

14. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I hear ya, Watson. I really like it...but I'm reserving judgment for my final opinion on the film until I see it a couple more times. There was ALOT of stuff to soak-in in this film...and the last half-hour or so was totally mind-boggling and confusing to me. It's pretty overwhelming upon first viewing... ;)

So on that note, I'd give it another couple of chances if I were you. Who knows? You may end-up actually loving it. :)

That sounds great, Kasey! :)

I SO hope that it comes to the IMAX in Cedar Rapids...

15. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    You're right, Sam. There were a couple of times during the movie that I blinked and missed half the plot development. I have a ton of questions, and they're spoiler-riffic, so highlight to read:

So "the one" program is an anomoly created by the Matrix, but it's necessary for the Matrix to keep on performing? Why are the machines attacking Zion, if they just want the next "one" to rebuild it? And if "the one" is the anomoly and actually causes the people of Zion to rebel, how was it that all those people were in Zion before Neo was ever pulled out of the Matrix? Wouldn't that make Morpheus "The One"?

What was the point of saying that French guy had old programs as servants, when aside from the twins, his other programs don't do anything?

The double talk was exhasperating: "So you have a choice to make Neo, but you've already made the choice, now you need to understand your choice that you're not making" What?

And what happened at the end of the movie? Was Zion attacked? Where did they find the survivor?

I also wonder what happened to Niobe, and having Agent Smith become that guy at the beginning of the movie, and not use it until the very, very end was pretty confusing too. During the climax, I was wondering who the hell that was, and hence, it seemed pretty lame to me.

Hopefully a lot of these points will be answered in the next movie, as this one certainly can't stand on its own.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So wow. Reloaded is Uber Sweet. I'll tell you, though, there are some twists that you will never see coming. Can't wait until you all see it so we can talk more.

B'omarr:

So "the one" program is an anomoly created by the Matrix, but it's necessary for the Matrix to keep on performing? Why are the machines attacking Zion, if they just want the next "one" to rebuild it?

I think it's a way to keep the inevitable rebels from taking over. Like it was said, it's another system that the machines use to manipulate humans.

And if "the one" is the anomoly and actually causes the people of Zion to rebel, how was it that all those people were in Zion before Neo was ever pulled out of the Matrix? Wouldn't that make Morpheus "The One"?

Actually, in the first one I thought Morpheus might be 'The One' for a while, but changed my mind. I don't think 'The One' makes Zion rebel, he simply gives them hope... or something.

What was the point of saying that French guy had old programs as servants, when aside from the twins, his other programs don't do anything?

Might come up in Revolutions?

The double talk was exhasperating: "So you have a choice to make Neo, but you've already made the choice, now you need to understand your choice that you're not making" What?

I don't get it either. Again, I'm thinking Revolutions will resolve a lot of things. Like Smith saying there's a connections between he and Neo, and Neo is stupid for not realizing what he wants... (No, I am your father!)

And what happened at the end of the movie? Was Zion attacked? Where did they find the survivor?

Yeah, I think it means Zion is gone now... the survivor was in the rumble or something? He's like infused with Smith, you know, so he has some weird freaky powers (like Neo did when he shocked those sentinals).

I also wonder what happened to Niobe, and having Agent Smith become that guy at the beginning of the movie, and not use it until the very, very end was pretty confusing too. During the climax, I was wondering who the hell that was, and hence, it seemed pretty lame to me.

I didn't think it was lame... but I was confused by a lot of things. I'll need to see it again. And I think most of all we have to wait until Revolutions to find out some things. Mainly, it occurred to me that the Programmer/Creator guy could have been lying about a whole lot of things... what if that other door led to certain death?

17. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002

Yeah, I think it means Zion is gone now... the survivor was in the rumble or something? He's like infused with Smith, you know, so he has some weird freaky powers (like Neo did when he shocked those sentinals).

I understood it that the 5 ships that were sent out to launch the counter attack were destroyed and that there was only one survivor of those crews. I don't think Zion can be destroyed or there's nothing for the Revolutions to do.

There was some convoluted plot points in there but I'm going to see it again and see if it makes a little more sense. It may just be that there's a lot that's going to be resolved in Revolutions. *shrug*

18. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    But I want my answers now! :( I also want a golden goose. Gooses. Geeses. I want the world....I want the whole world...

19. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Now, now, John. Nobody likes a Veruca Salt.

20. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Veruca Salt...she was a bad egg.

[image=http://www.reel.com/Content/Reelimages/features2000/family/wonka.jpg]

I'd also like to add that finding a picture of here is very hard to do, no thanks to that silly band that shares the same name.

Keep this hush, hush, but when I was 10, I had a crush on her. She was my lady in red.

21. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Nice job, John! The only one I could find of her wasn't too good and it didn't work when I linked it! :p

Here's the scary thing...do you think we were the only two to understand that reference?

22. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    No, I got it too. :p

23. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yay! Another twisted soul! :D

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Willy Wonka is wonderfully evil. And what's with that name? What's a Wonka? :confused: And the name Willy...[

Actually, I probably don't wanna know.

25. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    There really aren't enough movies with fat kids getting stuck in tubes.

Willy Wonka never scared me as a kid, but as an adult, I find it more and more disturbing, since it was so subtle. Except for that boat ride. That was kind of wierd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.