main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Two Towers for Two Dollars

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    LOTR:Two Towers is now at alot of the $2 theatres. I was wondering if you guys and gals would be interested in doing a group movie outing to see it again sometime in the next couple of weeks? Post your thoughts. :)

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Since it's cheap, why don't we do a inter-fanforce event out of it? :)

3. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    That'd be GREAT! *...notes strange likeness to Tony the Tiger...* I've been wanting desperately to see TTT again, Mom and I saw it opening day... I've wanted to see it again since. Over the past weekend and today I've watched the fellowship four times (with Actor commentary, as well :D ) in anticipation of seeing The Two Towers once more. -- And having this be an interfan-force event would be totally great, as well! What theatre would we go to? I would like to suggest not going to the Dayton Mall Danberry on a weekend night, seeing as it's insane.

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I think it would be awesome to make it a joint FanForce event. The only problem is location, All the $2 theatres I know of are in Cincinnati or Dayton, I don't know any that are in the middle. If somebody else knows then by all means suggest it. The 2 that I usually go to are the Danberry by the Dayton mall and the one inside the forest fair mall. :)

5. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Ya know, Harry Potter is also currently at the $2 theatre. :)

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Harry Potter S........... :D

7. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I was definitely not a fan of the newest Harry armpit, I mean, Potter. The first one was pretty good but I was bored to tears in the second one.

8. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey now, y'all can't bash Potter! This is no-bashing zone... (Unless of course we wish to bash crappy poop -- I mean.. Pop music..). ;) I just can't wait for Azkaban to come out, and the Order of the Phoenix.

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I actually went see the 1st one only for the clones Trailers, fell asleep during the movie :D

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Well.. I've never, Ludo....*completely flustered by the concept of falling asleep in a movie...*

Last night was very hilarious (since I'm on this string..), Junkie_Jedi and I were hanging out yesterday as we so often do. We're at the VA visiting my mom, meanwhile the phone at home is ringing off the hook ("Is William there? It's MC!... No? Oh.. Tell them to call!" .... "Is Sarah home?! Not yet!?!" "... Is Mrs. Rhoads at home?" etc..), poor Dad. Anywho, Will and I head back to my house to get all our phone messages, and he gets one from his father saying his Aunt wants to pay him his Babysitting money - so we exit once again, to go collect his cash. We get to his Aunt's and she went to work. Typical. So, in our ever logical states of mind, we decide to go to MC's house! (which is a bit out of the way..) .... (*travelling music is played, scenes of strange street people roll by..*) We arrive, at Mikes find out he wanted to go to a movie with us!... Which is where he was at that very moment.. And as the order of events go, we dashed the nearly five miles to the theatre! ... Where we were dismayed at the sight of their "Closed" sign.. All the running, and speeding to be turned away?! I think not. To our great luck a lackey was cleaning up! ... We begged to get in... And he brought the manager out.. We made our plea, and actually got in! Woo-Hoo!...So we dash into our movie to find a packed house, and the theater was HUGE (to us, in the dark..). Now, we had accomplished the first part of our mission, to get in, but we had totally failed to think of step two; Finding MC. We walked up and down the main aisle of the movie looking, and whispering "Mike? Mike? Ponytail boy?" As life would have it, he was in the very front on the opposite side of the aisles..It was much funnier than I described, and didn't actually need this much room to type.. but, hey.. You didn't have to read it all. ;)

Oh, and I failed to mention, this was all over seeing The Two Towers for $1.50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.