main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm inclined to agree with you on both counts, although I think Arizona will be going for a QB early this year too. Next year, Tajh Boyd will be in the draft and Bridgewater may leave Louisville early if he has another good year, both good passing mobile QBs. I don't think either is the next Cam Newton or RG3, but what a difference a year makes, as you said.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    And that's the reason I don't even want to see Seattle advance any in the playoffs, because they didn't even deserve to be there. I was going to be extremely, extremely angry if they pulled out the win in the NFC West.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, and who knows? There could be a later round Tom Brady type in this years class, or a QB passed over until late 1st - early 2nd who gets P.O'd enough to set out to prove people wrong like Big Ben and Rodgers did. But right now, there's not really a whole lot of standouts at any position to me in this year's draft class.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mel Kiper now has Mike Glennon as his top-rated QB. I hope we don't mess with that in KC. The guy is huge at like 6'7", but I got to see a few NC State games this year, and he just reeks Blaine Gabbert, Matt Leinart, and so on..big dudes with good-to-medium velocity who aren't mobile enough to get away from faster pass rush and not accurate enough to make up for it.

Also, he's careless with the ball- 17 picks, 4 games with 2 or more and had 4 against my Vols and their horrific defense. No thank you.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well the good thing solojones is the Seahawks have to get past the 'skins first before any GB/Seattle rematch has even the remotest chance of happening.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Edit: heels1785: Kiper has been misfiring for a good number of years now. I don't even think he had RGIII on his boards until the Redskins moved up to take #2 in the Draft (I could be wrong, it has been a full year), so, yeah, hopefully Kiper's wrong this time.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Exactly. As Russell Wilson and many others have proven, if the right skill set gets paired up with the right coach at the right time, big things can happen. Bridgewater is a high-character guy with the same kind of story as Wilson, he's had to fight for everything he's gotten. I'm high on his chances if he stays healthy, I think Charlie Strong's decision to stick around will really inspire that group.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    All depends on the coaching/GM carosel this year and next.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Aaron Rodgers, with a full complement of receivers, at home, for a Seahawks revenge game? I would probably enjoy that as well, yes.

You already have a Minnesota superhero.

[​IMG]

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh God, no. He's awful. I feel like you could seriously just give a football to any tall guy and he'd be just as good/bad. Sounds like a pick that Oakland would make.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, technically, they do deserve to be there. Even if Green Bay had the win instead of the Seahawks, the Hawks would be the exact same seed in the playoffs. The only effect on the playoffs from that game is that Green Bay lost the #2 seed.

EDIT: Lloyd, your image is broken, so here's a real Minnesota superhero in action:
    [​IMG]

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah I couldn't remember how that broke down. Still, losing that seed over that sucks. I was mostly just concerned about the NFC West title and was getting nervous there near the end.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, well, hopefully my Pack beats your Niners and there ends up definitely being no difference. :p

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I think a lot of that depends on whether our defense actually shows up or not. They've been worrying me in December after a stellar season...

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    :(

[​IMG]

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Mel Kiper also said that Jay Cutler was going to be a bust compared to Vince Young and Matt Leinart.

16. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Now I am getting nervous. Come on Colts!

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I draft better on Mario Kart than Mel Kiper.

ma_petite and DarthIntegral like this.
  18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Todd McShay passed Kiper a long, long time ago in draft analysis.

Darth McClain likes this.
  19. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Seachickens and Ravens for the win today.

20. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Bruce Arians out for the Colts today. This really sucks.

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    That "You Had a Bad Day" fantasy commercial with the 0-14 One Giant Step guy always gets me.

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  22. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The Colts doing a fine job of trying to lose today.

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Dear Colts - try not to let someone take Arians away from you. Apparently we need him.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't see the Colts winning this challenge.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And that's the ballgame. Tip of the hat to the Colts. Heck of a season.

At least I can fit in at work this week and root for the Broncos to beat the RatBirds.