main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The "What did you do today" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Then you must have seen me. Most likely looking bored! And the pirates thing every 5 secs for two days is enough to drive anyone insane! I hope you had the free taste testing!

Same things today - work and work. Same routine. But I got a pay rise, so that's OK!

And I was made an honourary Brit by Jedi_Jimbo!

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Little Ashleigh is doing pretty good thanks Sal, we think he might have a tooth coming through at the moment so he's beena little unhappy, but apart from that he's good.

We managed to miss all the tastings while we were there Nat, There was a microwave roast chicken cooking as we walked through the fruit and veg area that smelt delicious (so we bought one) but it still had 5 mins to go when we finished our shopping.

I don't know what I'm doing today really, gonna try and catch American Chopper on the tv after lunch and maybe read some of a book a friend lent me.

Does anyone know where I can get a piece of furniture valued, it's not antique but I believe it might be worth a few bucks and I want to add it to my contents insurance.

3. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Dressed up in 70's clothes today. Wasn't as exciting as previous weeks as half the store didn't get into the act this week. I wore my mum's kaftan and made a plait thingy with strips of material to go around my head. I have no idea what our theme is for next week, but we have a sports day theme for Sunday (yes, we're open 10-5 and Ricki Lee is performing - yay!). What peeves me off is, we dress up, but no one puts in their $2 for the priveledge. Hello, but we're raising money for PMH.

I'm starting to get frustrated at the new change order system that we have in place. It's take up 3hrs (out of an 8hr day) and you try and do 300 things at once. I like being busy, but this is ridiculous. Now I want the 10hrs for a helper back that they took off me when I first arrived at the store! At least the chocolate block that I had in the office came in handy to stop the stress attack. And I heard on the radio today that women between 25-35 are more stressed these days..........

4. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Hmmmmmmmmm ... I went to work.
    Had a few meetings and input a crap load of numers.
    Then I came home, had a few beers and snuck into a WA board and made myself at home while everyone else slept.
    By the time you awake I will be an honourary Aussie. (I hope)

Make me an honourary Aussie! PLEASE!!!!!!![face_praying]

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    You'll have to pass three tests first!

1) Wrestle a Crocodile.
    2) Eat said Crocodile and/or Kangaroo.
    3) Give us back the Ashes and the Rugby World Cup.

If you complete those tasks within 24hrs ... we may just sign a waver :p

6. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    1) I have petted one. Does that count?
    2) Already eaten both. Crocodile steak and Kangaroo burger.
    3) No, you had them long enough, it's our turn to play with them. You have to share you know?;)

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't mind the Kart dude! Since you made me an honouary Brit, I'll make you an honouary Aussie. Know kneel and I shall get my sword....

What did I do today? Worked. Counted money. Finished late. Doing a wash and heating some rubbish up in the oven. And just made my mate Jimbo an Aussie. Well done mate! Grab yourself a beer out of the fridge and sit down to watch some real footy!

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Sorry Jimbo, but just because some watery tart hands you a sword, dosn't make you a Aussie.

God I hope someone picks up on the film I'm kinda quoting.

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know what film, but I've taken offence

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    *sigh*

It's from Monty Python when the king is knighted because some girl in the river hands him a sword.

11. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I apologise. I haven't seen Monty Python. I just saw "TART" and took offence straight away.

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
  13. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Had a meeting with all the big bosses and pooped my pants!
    But it was cool, I was doing the telling off.
    Yay!

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yesterday I did nothing.

Last night I went to what I thought was a birthday party for the wonderful dearaesthetic (but she no longer posts on here) and her boyfriend, which turned out to be a surpise wedding for them. And I'm so happy and excited for the both of them that I'm gushing about it everywhere.

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Sold raffle tickets, again. This is my last Saturday of volunteering as the raffle is drawn on Friday. That's good, as next Saturday I'm watchong the AFL Grand Final and hopefully watch my boys win!

16. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Today I slept late (8.30 am) and then tidied the entire house.
    I washed windows and EVERYTHING!
    Other than that I did not do alot!
    Hmmmm ... I hope I have more to write next time!

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Got up and went to work. Yes, you read right, work. The Galleria was open today from 10-5 and I worked cause I'm on salary. I don't know what overtime is :( It was a quiet day for me. Just the basics. Stayed till just after 6pm as I'm trying to get used to the new routine. We're going new point-of-sale registers (in anywhere from April to the end of 2006) and that means no balancing the next morning, but after trade. And this must be in place by Friday. It's so stupid. In the end, I never finished my work and buggered off in true Aussie style.

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yesterday I tried to debug my code for the site and got a stupid error message with no explanation, so I beat my head against a wall for a few hours. Although I think I have found a helpful forum where people know what they are talking about and someone else is going to help me debug (cheers Kart for your attempt though :) )

19. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Worked like usual. Bought Taxiride's new CD (finally found it after a couple of weeks). Asked one the guys I worked with to partner me to my brother's wedding. Other than that, not much else.

20. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    what did he say eh??

What happened

Oh and Today I kicked ass at work in the first half, so now I can post the afternoon away guilt free.

Plus I flicked a lackey band into someone's eye. [face_whistling]

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Clean, clean, clean.

Later will make tomato soup after visiting mum, and then maube get drunk in the Yoda's Ear Pub.

22. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Washed my girlfriend's car, took me cousin's wee baby daughter to the river.
    Watched Ray (you know, the ray charles movie), and now I'm listening to Jeff Buckley with a 12year scotch.

23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I grabbed work by the balls and ripped em off today.

I did well.

I am going home to make dinner and make sure I don't use any analogy involving testicles whilst dealing with food.

24. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Spent all day playing the piano and listening to the beauty of Ray Charles ;)
    It's also me and my partnere's 2 year aniversary. Horray! :)

25. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Worked very hard, like you do the day after a public holiday to catch up on everything. I worked 7-6.30. Fun, fun, fun. I was going to go at 5pm, but I had to strip list the magazines (in other words add up the magazine returns ex-GST) for stocktake tomorrow.

Now home and relaxing with a few cocktails in the pub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.